GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Separate from what Wendi believed about the insurance and what was in the warrant application, I thought there was an implication at trial that regardless of the kids being the beneficiaries, the money still goes to Wendi on behalf of the kid -- meaning yes, Shelly has to approve and transfer the money, but the $ actually goes to Wendi because the kids are still young. I imagine she has to account for the actual spending of the money, but not sure.
Agree. This is the same as social security death benefits the children are receiving where social security pays the benefits to WA for the care of DM's sons.

Do we have the no contact Order for WA (including witnesses)?

Besides no contact with the Markels and CA, I'm curious if WA and the grandchildren are on the list. IMO, this would definitely do DA in!

1/21/23

Circuit Judge Jason Jones ordered Donna Adelson held without bond on the murder charge and ordered her not to have any contact with other co-defendants, witnesses or the victim’s family.

[..]

Donna Adelson is charged with first-degree murder, solicitation to commit first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. Her arrest came exactly one week after her son, Charlie Adelson, was convicted of the same three charges.

The mother was transported Monday from Miami to Tallahassee to face charges. She was booked into the Leon County Jail just after 1:30 a.m., according to Leon County Sheriff’s Office records.

The FBI arrested Donna Adelson Monday, Nov. 13, as she and her husband, Harvey Adelson, attempted to board a flight to Vietnam at Miami International Airport after booking one-way tickets. That’s according to State Attorney Jack Campbell. Harvey Adelson was not arrested.

Search warrants signed by a judge the next day say the lead FBI agent in the case seized Donna Adelson’s white iPhone during the arrest.

“As Special Agent Pat Sanford attempted to seize her cell phone Donna attempted to pull away and prevent him from grabbing it. Donna said she was told not to give her phone to law enforcement,” the search warrant says.

The same search warrant says a friend of Charlie Adelson contacted the State Attorney’s office soon after his conviction, saying that Donna and Harvey Adelson had contacted him Nov. 12 seeking advice about airlines and places to stay in the Philippines.

Circuit Judge Jason Jones ordered Donna Adelson held without bond on the murder charge and ordered her not to have any contact with other co-defendants, witnesses or the victim’s family.
if she arrived at jail 112 lbs I would say she is down to about 108 after no food the last week.
Does the "victim's family" include his two children?

Donna has an easier exit available than starvation, an option with which she has experience. Hire a hit man. On herself. They don't cost $100k in prison.

Wonder who CA's friend was who contacted the state attorney? June? Is she even smart enough to know to contact the SA?
I recall CA gave KM the name of his travel connection/advisor at the time she wanted to take her mom on a trip. I also wondered if DA calling about the Philippines destination was intentional where she believed the party would contact authorities and hoped to throw them off on her travel plans. DA truly believes she's the smartest in the room! JMO :rolleyes:

Does the "victim's family" include his two children?

Donna has an easier exit available than starvation, an option with which she has experience. Hire a hit man. On herself. They don't cost $100k in prison.

If I was the prosecutor, I'd fight to include the now teen grandsons as both the victim's family as well as witnesses on this case. I think prohibiting DA from contact with her "sunshine's" could actually crack this woman. JMO

Do we have the no contact Order for WA (including witnesses)?

Besides no contact with the Markels and CA, I'm curious if WA and the grandchildren are on the list. IMO, this would definitely do DA in!
Attached is the order-- it's generic. At the hearing the judge said no contact w/victim's family, no contact w/co-defendants, and no contact w/witnesses listed in prob cause affidavit. See video below at 2:32. Wendi is in the prob cause affidavit -- among other things it talks about Wendi and the tv repair visit and DA setting up the appointment, and Wendi at the investigatory interview telling the victim's advocate that her parents were very angry at DM, etc. So I think Wendi is a witness who she can't contact. IMO I also think Dan's children are protected from DA contacting them since they are Dan's family.

Attachments

• image_orders.asp.pdf
    70.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
If I was the prosecutor, I'd fight to include the now teen grandsons as both the victim's family as well as witnesses on this case. I think prohibiting DA from contact with her "sunshine's" could actually crack this woman. JMO
she has no right to ever see those children again...she participated in killing their father. some day they will see this all clearly.

Attached is the order-- it's generic. At the hearing the judge said no contact w/victim's family, no contact w/co-defendants, and no contact w/witnesses listed in prob cause affidavit. See video below at 2:32. Wendi is in the prob cause affidavit -- among other things it talks about Wendi and the tv repair visit and DA setting up the appointment, and Wendi at the investigatory interview telling the victim's advocate that her parents were very angry at DM, etc. So I think Wendi is a witness who she can't contact. IMO I also think Dan's children are protected from DA contacting them since they are Dan's family.

What was said about the bond? I couldn’t hear it clearly.

What is sad is the eldest son has been visiting CA in jail and phoning frequently. Makes me feel sick. I just hope that now DA has been arrested the kids are beginning to realise whats up.
Were these visits permitted before CA was convicted? If so did he have the same standard “family of the victim” restrictions?

Video visitation and phone calls are allowed, but there is no in-person visitation at the Leon County Jail:

Inmate Visitation and Rules

Video Visitation ONLY

The Leon County Detention Facility encourages visitation for the inmates incarcerated here. We firmly believe that ties to family and friends are extremely important. However, there are rules that we need to make you aware of so your visiting privileges are not denied, terminated or suspended.

The Leon County Detention Facility is no longer allowing on-site visitation. Visitation is now being held remotely utilizing Securus Video Connect for Remote Inmate Video Visitation. However, doctors and attorneys will be allowed to visit onsite Monday thru Friday from 0800 hours until 1700 hours. These visits will be conducted in the secured attorney rooms and will not be monitored or recorded. Attorneys will be allotted 60-minute visits and can block multiple times if needed. These visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance with lobby staff. All attorneys are advised to setup with securustech.net.

Video visitation allow approved friends, family members, attorneys and clergy of an inmate to connect with them using their computer, Securus Video Visitation app, or on-site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje