GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tallahassee Democrat is live streaming the sentencing of Charlie Adelson Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Leon County courthouse. Watch on Tallahassee.com and the Tallahassee Democrat's Facebook and YouTube pages

My idea of cruel and unusual is shooting a good man in the face.imo.

''Florida woman charged with plotting former son-in-law's death, pleads not guilty after alleging 'inhumane treatment' in jail''​

DECEMBER 12, 2023 / 10:25 AM EST / CNN
''(CNN) - The Florida woman charged with murder and other offenses in the 2014 fatal shooting of her former son-in-law pleaded not guilty Monday to the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

Donna Adelson was arraigned in court during a hearing that also addressed an emergency motion alleging she had been subjected to "cruel and unusual punishment" during her time in jail.

Adelson's attorney, Marissel Descalzo, filed the emergency motion last week with multiple allegations, including accusations jail staff are forcing the 73-year-old to sit naked and eat with her hands while in a small cell by herself.

The jail staff is also accused of withholding medication from Adelson and making her go days without a shower.''

Last edited:
My idea of cruel and unusual is shooting a good man in the face.imo.

''Florida woman charged with plotting former son-in-law's death, pleads not guilty after alleging 'inhumane treatment' in jail''​

DECEMBER 12, 2023 / 10:25 AM EST / CNN
''(CNN) - The Florida woman charged with murder and other offenses in the 2014 fatal shooting of her former son-in-law pleaded not guilty Monday to the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

Donna Adelson was arraigned in court during a hearing that also addressed an emergency motion alleging she had been subjected to "cruel and unusual punishment" during her time in jail.

Adelson's attorney, Marissel Descalzo, filed the emergency motion last week with multiple allegations, including accusations jail staff are forcing the 73-year-old to sit naked and eat with her hands while in a small cell by herself.

The jail staff is also accused of withholding medication from Adelson and making her go days without a shower.''
CNN failed to report on Judge Everett's most important ruling that came after Descalzo's argument that she believed there was a constitutional violation!

More important -- Court ruled no 8th Amendment violation re. cruel and unusual treatment of DA.

Sigfredo is at Florida State Prison in Raiford - FLDOC wouldn't put CA there or would they ?

I doubt it as an inmate with no previous record. Just to check some other high-profile convicted murderers sentenced from Leon County:

Adam Frasch is at Blackwater CF (Milton near Pensacola)

Henry Segura is at Hardee CI (southwest FL)

No surprise that Charlie is appealing and still says he’s innocent. Meanwhile, Grandma Gotti is as defiant as ever. Anyone saying she’s not going to make it, etc, I only see defiance. She was unbelievably inappropriate yesterday. I think she definitely is going to trial fighting the whole way.

Dec 12, 2023 #CharlieAdelson #LawAndCrime
The man who was the mastermind behind his brother-in-law’s murder was sentenced to life without parole. Tuesday morning, Charlie Adelson briefly spoke in front of a Florida judge stating, “I just wanted to say that I maintain my innocence” before the judge sentenced him to spend the rest of his life behind bars. Adelson hired three people to kill Dan Markel. At the time of his murder, Markel was in a brutal divorce and custody battle with Adelson’s sister, Wendi Adelson.

MATT NAHAMDec 12th, 2023, 11:00 am rbbm lengthy article.
''A 47-year-old Florida dentist found guilty in early November of masterminding the 2014 murder of his former brother-in-law, FSU law professor Dan Markel, was sentenced in a Leon County courtroom Tuesday to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Dan Markel’s father Phil Markel, recounting all of his son’s academic achievements and the joys of fatherhood, delivered victim impact statements Tuesday calling the Adelson family, and Charlie Adelson “in particular,” a “major cause of our heartbreak” in the murder of his son and the “loss of our two grandsons.”

“It is satisfying to see justice being done, and it would be appropriate to ask for the maximum sentence for the perpetrators of Danny’s murder,” Phil Markel said. “Thank you, today is a good day.”

I doubt it as an inmate with no previous record. Just to check some other high-profile convicted murderers sentenced from Leon County:

Adam Frasch is at Blackwater CF (Milton near Pensacola)

Henry Segura is at Hardee CI (southwest FL)

Will be interesting to see where they put him - regardless, he'll start like every other 1st degree convicted murderer - in close confinement. He might have more enemies that he realizes in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100