GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was Dr. Sapp evaluating mental health at the Leon County Jail ?

Not Z-a-p-p ?

Prediction - the jury is going to hate Descalzo.
It seemed as if Chief Mack said “Sapp” a thousand times. At one point he actually spelled it for Descalzo. But it made no difference. This defense attorney has no ears. (Maybe she has sap in them which requires a zap.) Even on the civil side, it’s hard to believe she appears before juries.

according to MentourLawyer, Rashbaum has done an interview with the Tallahassee Democrat. ( I haven't found it yet)
Anyway, Rashbaum claims she's being ' tortured ' in jail.
ML asked him whether he was repping Rashbaum and Rash didn't give an equivocal answer. Rash left with Descalzo by car togther.

It seemed as if Chief Mack said “Sapp” a thousand times. At one point he actually spelled it for Descalzo. But it made no difference. This defense attorney has no ears. (Maybe she has sap in them which requires a zap.) Even on the civil side, it’s hard to believe she appears before juries.
she is dreadful - I hope that Donna goes against typecasting by holding on to her for the trial. It's going to be wild.

reminder of CA - DA's old texts slamming the judge and talking about refunds.Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 21.50.30.png

Last edited:
according to MentourLawyer, Rashbaum has done an interview with the Tallahassee Democrat. ( I haven't found it yet)
ML asked him whether he was repping Rashbaum and Rash didn't give an equivocal answer. Rash left with Descalzo by car togther.

Here's the relevant excerpt. Source: Tallahassee Democrat, December 11, 2023:

Descalzo also disclosed in open court that she learned about Donna Adelson’s alleged mistreatment at the jail from Dan Rashbaum, the Miami lawyer who represented her son at trial. She said Rashbaum was able to “swap out” a meeting with Charlie Adelson for a recent one with Donna Adelson.

In her motion, Descalzo wrote that Donna Adelson had been sitting in her cell “naked all day with nothing but a mattress on the floor.” She said jail officers were “intentionally punishing” her and violating her constitutional rights.

Rashbaum, who attended the arraignment, blasted the jail’s treatment of Donna Adelson in a brief interview outside the courthouse.

“They’re torturing her,” Rashbaum said. “And that shouldn’t happen in this country.”

Just watched the video of the hearing/arraignment. My take aways: 1) jail is going to give DA private access to her lawyers via calls etc [which should have been happening before IMO]. 2) No independent pysch exam at this time. 3) Defense wants a trial ASAP. Nothing else of importance. JMO.

Surely someone has unintentionally washed dollar bills left in their pockets before...
I have but I don’t remember the condition, only that I was grateful that the bills did not disintegrate in the washing machine. (bills in my jeans by accident, they came out in one piece as they were folded in pocket)

IMO, DA fires her atty. I suspect today's hearing was a true wake-up call for DA .... in more ways than one. I also suspect DA was told to act loony by her Mr. Know It All son via Rashy (not on the witness list LOL) and she sees how that worked out.

Really bizarre. Why would DA have that attorney? Why is Raush speaking on DA's behalf? Why won't they hire a local lawyer? And any talk about her being frail and not making trial I think is incorrect. She looked very defiant, and I could not believe her demeanor today challenging the Judge.

<modsnip: Discussing non-approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:

I think if Rashbaum was being honest, he would have said that 'jail is torture for DA' and not that 'she's being tortured in jail,' which begs the question of who is torturing her.

The reality is DA's not in jail for being a Coral Gables socialite.

She's in jail because she allegedly participated in having the father of her grandsons murdered in cold blood.

Jail is a place that houses criminals, not socialites.

Geez, of course jail is torture for DA -- for the first time in her life, she's not being treated like she's special but as an alleged murderer.

I'd say DA needs to be reminded that she put herself in the Leon County Detention and she's certainly no victim. JMO

Last edited:
IMO, DA fires her atty. I suspect today's hearing was a true wake-up call for DA .... in more ways than one. I also suspect DA was told to act loony by her Mr. Know It All son via Rashy (not on the witness list LOL) and she sees how that worked out.

Yes, I very much agree -- the minute I read Rashbaum was talking to both DA and the media, I said CA is playing defense analyst for DA via his favorite puppet Rashbaum. And I think DA truly expects this from CA -- he's been her Consigliere for decades. JMO

Last edited:
I think Chief Mack said the procedure for "self-harm" inmates is to allow them to use the phone, zoom etc by taking them to an office that has a closed glass window and they are watched so they don't self harm using any of any equipment etc. (At 22:19 below). So I guess they were not following that procedure with DA?? Looks like Attorney Toomey voluntarily handed DA's medical records to DA's attorney as he left the courtroom. (At 43:00).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar