GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
General Counsel for the Sheriff is up and emphasises that he has never at any point heard from Descalzo either

ETA Shortly after, Descalzo has the nerve to ask for their business cards ( as if she couldn't have already found their contact details )

Commentator on analysis show also now saying that Descalzo not having reached out will have gone badly for her in front of the judge

Last edited:
Agree. And the same reason why "Hebrew Bible" or "Tanakh" is preferred over the term "Jewish Bible."

When people mention the Jewish Bible, they usually refer to the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh. The term "Jewish Bible" is largely not preferred. The Hebrew Bible was originally written in Hebrew, with some small parts written in Aramaic. The main difference between the Torah vs. Tanakh is that the Torah is the first five books of the Hebrew Bible while the Tanakh is the whole Hebrew Bible.

Tanakh vs Torah, Definition, Differences
No, as a Jew, I just call it the Bible. no "Hebrew Bible" or "Jewish Bible".

My point in bringing it up, is that it's the usual prisoner tactic of finding religion in jail. She wasn't a religious Jew up until this point.
I still think she might have been just trying to appear religious. She hasn’t been in jail long enough to have genuinely found religion, in my opinion. And to me, she didn’t appear contrite just now at all. JMO.

Wow! She’s staying under observation for now! So, Rash came up there and saw her, but Descalzo just couldn’t figure out a way to do that herself? Right.
Am still on catch up

Just heard that she also has a tablet. Anyone know how long that she has had that? ( Did they specify during the hearing?)
Descalzo filed that motion on 5 Dec

Am still on catch up

Just heard that she also has a tablet. Anyone know how long that she has had that?
Descalzo filed that motion on 5 Dec
I’m also catching up but I thought she didn’t have the tablet because the Attorney said that it has headphones that can “be used as a ligature” and Donna is deemed a risk still. But I may be catching up still and they later say she does have a tablet.

From the hearing -- DA's suicide call with CA revealed DA/HA had suicide pact. DA on record talking about using sleeping pills to OD.

ETA: hearing cont.

Confirming DA is on direct observation (suicide watch) 24/7, and has not been cleared by Jail MD for change of status.

IMO, the ER defense Motion with certain allegations was exactly that -- allegations without any credible evidence. Descalzo alleged she has called the jail daily without success to gain access to her client but the Jail and counsel for the Jail have no record of Descalzo's attempts to contact.

Judge Everett ruled there's been no Constitutional violation that DA is prevented from contact with her lawyer or lawyer w/DA.

Judge Everett ruled against a 3rd party professional by the defense to examine DA to evaluate her mental state.

More important -- Court ruled no 8th Amendment violation re. cruel and unusual treatment of DA.

Judge Everett explained the separation of the powers i.e., He runs his courtroom and the Chief runs the jail and neither interfere with each other.

IMO, DA also did not help herself -- she smirked, made physical gestures and inappropriate demeanor.

DA has a tablet but does not have headphones under her status (suicide watch).

MOO from my observation of the hearing.
Bumping this - for catch-up

and totally agree with this : '.......allegations without any credible evidence.'

I was expecting Descalzo to at least bring some specifics today, to back-up her allegations in the motion, for example allegations that vital meds had been withheld from DA

Also, one of the lawyers has been saying for the last fortnight that Donna will never make it to trial but Donna's appearance is exactly as I imagined. She is a fighter - we already know this

The link to the Descalzo motion and all her allegations of ill treatment - PDF GUILTY - FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

Last edited:
I’m also catching up but I thought she didn’t have the tablet because the Attorney said that it has headphones that can “be used as a ligature” and Donna is deemed a risk still. But I may be catching up still and they later say she does have a tablet.
She doesn’t have a tablet, or at least that’s what I understood. The testimony as I understand it was that inmates under observation are not given tablets because they have earphones which could be used to strangle themselves. It got a little confusing later, though, because they did seem to indicate she could visit with her attorney via zoom as long as she was observed the whole time.

IMO, DA is not being served well by Descalzo because of the miles between them. It appears to me that much of the alleged issues at the Jail could have been resolved over a phone call or Descalzo scheduling a 60 minute visit (max) with defendant at jail. I think Descalzo is personally put out that DA is not in GP where the defendant would be a virtual client/defendant.

I have little respect for Descalzo making allegations in an ER Motion yet she never requested DA's Jail medical file since she arrived in Tallahassee.

Instead, Descalzo appeared to be relying solely on the argument that DA was approved for GP less than 72 hours after arriving the Miami Jail. IMO, she probably is familiar with staff at the Miami Jail and familiar with the procedures at that facility, but does not have any relationship with Jail personnel in Tallahassee. JMO

Bumping this - for catch-up

and totally agree with this : '.......allegations without any credible evidence.'

I was expecting Descalzo to at least bring some specifics today, to back-up her allegations in the motion.

Also, one of the lawyers has been saying for the last fortnight that Donna will never make it to trial but Donna's appearance is exactly as I imagined. She is a fighter - we already know this

I'm recalling the headlines from last week: "DA is getting weaker and weaker," and then to learn that as of today, Descalzo has never requested DA's medical record from Tallahassee Jail since DA arrived at the facility.

Rep for the Jail in Court (not the Chief) actually had the file with him in Court (held it up above his head in front of Judge Everett), and it was telling when Descalzo did not touch that comment!

IMO, I think the Defense ER Motion was mostly strategy. If part was for sympathy and shock value, it worked just from WS posts expressing concern for DA's well being and whether or not her civil rights were being violated.

Understandably, there was no specific discussion and/or disclosure about DA's medical or mental condition in open Court for privacy/HIPAA reasons. Only that Jail Medical has not approved DA for a status change. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou