GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I agree. On one of the Bump tapes I believe Donna has taken a Xanax that Charlie may have prescribed to her, he talks to her about how great it is. Does anyone recall that, and whether he actually says he gave it to her? Harvey also had the ability to prescribe.
yes, it's a wire tap where he's talking about having a glass of wine with the xanax too.
not sure if he said he gave it to her on that tap

he could well have given that to her but at that point in 2016 Harvey also wasn't yet retired so couldn't he also have prescribed? Another Q for @minusfour )

Last edited:
IDK for sure, but 3 million residents south of the Mason-Dixon lines surely screamed, "OMG not even a bible to read!" The point of the complaint was not to improve DA's situation, it was just another DA ploy to ask to go back to South Florida. Because we all know in DA's condo she surely has a bible at her bedside and an even larger one on her coffee table. (I'll tiptoe out of the room now.)
Lol -- days/pages devoted to Bible talk when DA in fact asked for a Book, or a Bible - her alternate choice.

yes, it's a wire tap where he's talking about having a glass of wine with the xanax too.
not sure if he said he gave it to her on that tap

he could well have given that to her but at that point in 2016 Harvey also wasn't yet retired so couldn't he also have prescribed? Another Q for @minusfour )
Yes, Harvey could also prescribe, I believe, at least before he retired.

Dec 11, 2023

[..]

Florida sentencing guidelines all but dictate that Charlie will spend the rest of his life in prison with no chance of parole. Such a fate would be hard for anyone to contemplate, let alone a millionaire who drove a Ferrari with a license plate that said ‘MAESTRO’. Court TV’s cameras will be on him as the judge formally seals his fate.

Wendi and her father, Harvey Adelson, have not faced charges related to Markel’s death. Although Wendi was Markel’s ex-wife, prosecutors are still piecing together how much, if anything, she knew.

Harvey, who, along with Donna, had been a pillar of their community of Coral Springs, ran a successful dental practice for many years. The Adelsons had millions in the bank. Donna and Harvey were active in their local synagogue and nurtured their kids’ academic prowess. That dedication produced children who went on to graduate from law school, dental school, and medical school (the Adelsons’ oldest son, a physician, is estranged from the family).

Under any other circumstances, the Adelsons would likely be gathering to light the fifth Hanukkah candle this coming Tuesday, December 12. Instead, Charlie and Donna will spend the holidays in the Leon County Jail, just a few miles away from the home where Markel’s life ended so violently.

Court TV will have live coverage of the sentencing hearing for Charlie Adelson.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm imagining rubber gloves, a hot sink of water and Morning Fresh liquid, and drying notes all pegged out on a string line like prayer flags to capitalism.

MOO
Absolutely
Check out the photo of their utility room, two work stations. It's perfect.

( I'm loathe to keep omitting Harvey's potential involvement in everything because this couple shared so much including the same e mail which might also come back to bite Harvey )

Not to derail but the question of Donna's request for a bible reminded me how interesting the intra-Jewishness of this case really is. Dan's observance was clearly seen as threatening to the Adelson's. Their connection to Judaism seems culturally but less spiritually tied, the kind of world view where marrying a coreligionist and attending services on the high holidays was important but the actual day-to-day involvement in a Jewish life was not respected. I do wonder: who cancelled the kosher menu at the wedding reception? Someone had to change the order, right?

I do wonder: who cancelled the kosher menu at the wedding reception? Someone had to change the order, right?
^^rsbm

I don't know that the menu was changed per se but that perhaps DM's request for a kosher meal was not respected. I recall Ruth commenting that Adelsons took charge of the plans but Markels also contributed to the catering bill.

The thing about defense Motions is just because Descalzo wrote it doesn't make it fact! The State has an opportunity to respond to the allegations by DA and the Court will determine the fact from fiction when issuing a ruling.
^^rsbm

I'm following a Motions hearing this morning in CT where the MSM reporter live tweeting from the courtroom is receiving replies asking if the subject is factual or if alleged by the defense counsel. Have to admit I find pleasure when others viewing see the same on behalf of the defense attorney's play with words and not being friendly with the truth. JMO :)

^^rsbm

I don't know that the menu was changed per se but that perhaps DM's request for a kosher meal was not respected. I recall Ruth commenting that Adelsons took charge of the plans but Markels also contributed to the catering bill.
It wasn't a meal just for DM. I was under the impression it was for all guests as serving both at the same venue would make the entire event trayf for those keeping kosher, such as the rabbi and others who left the reception as a result. At least that's what I thought happened.

Regarding DA’s reluctance to discuss her meds, maybe it was in fact partly due to the fact she somehow didn’t know the position/qualifications of the person who was trying to get the info from her. But I also really think that CA may have been the prescribing doctor at least for some meds she was on. At one point during cross GC asks him if he ever prescribed drugs to KM. He answered she was a patient of record at the dental practice. Also during June Umchinda’s police interview she was relaying how DA was distraught (crying, swollen face) during the time the media got involved with the investigation and CA told her (KM) that DA was on pain medication of some sort for her anxiety. I’m thinking CA might have prescribed those and perhaps she doesn’t want to disclose any of that info now. JMO
Another oops. CA told June U that DA was on pain medication for her anxiety, not that he told KM that.

It wasn't a meal just for DM. I was under the impression it was for all guests as serving both at the same venue would make the entire event trayf for those keeping kosher, such as the rabbi and others who left the reception as a result. At least that's what I thought happened.
Oh, I agree and I apologize if my message was unclear and implied otherwise. I probably should have said Kosher menu and not Kosher meal.

From the hearing -- DA's suicide call with CA revealed DA/HA had suicide pact. DA on record talking about using sleeping pills to OD.

ETA: hearing cont.

Confirming DA is on direct observation (suicide watch) 24/7, and has not been cleared by Jail MD for change of status.

IMO, the ER defense Motion with certain allegations was exactly that -- allegations without any credible evidence. Descalzo alleged she has called the jail daily without success to gain access to her client but the Jail and counsel for the Jail have no record of Descalzo's attempts to contact.

Judge Everett ruled there's been no Constitutional violation that DA is prevented from contact with her lawyer or lawyer w/DA.

Judge Everett ruled against a 3rd party professional by the defense to examine DA to evaluate her mental state.

More important -- Court ruled no 8th Amendment violation re. cruel and unusual treatment of DA.

Judge Everett explained the separation of the powers i.e., He runs his courtroom and the Chief runs the jail and neither interfere with each other.

IMO, DA also did not help herself -- she smirked, made physical gestures and inappropriate demeanor.

DA has a tablet but does not have headphones under her status (suicide watch).

MOO from my observation of the hearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members