GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: From post #60:
Please be reminded that CA was also held in protective custody while in Leon County jail (as typical for his protection), and don't know why it would/should be any different for DA.

Rashbaum also revealed his client is spending his days at the Leon County jail in “protective custody,” likening it to solitary confinement. Rashbaum said Adelson gets 30 minutes outside of his cell per day, and reviewing evidence over the phone has been tedious.
snipped for focus

and naturally, Donna having been in contact with him April 2022 - November 2023, she already understood what it entails. ( Considering the length and regularity of their jail phone calls)

The discredited Benjamin Graber on November 29 ( a week before Descalzo filed her motion) -

'Medically now, she is frail, emotionally distraught and drained. She is a threat to no person, but the system is a threat to her health and life. It may kill her before a trial can occur. Her punishment is cruel, “beyond the pale” and misguided.

She is innocent and proper accommodation for her well-being must be provided. Once the experts in societal, psychological, and medical profiles express their opinions legally it may well paint a different picture of this tragedy..... Donna should be treated better.'

Last edited:
Perhaps, there is a personality type factor involved with people’s attitude toward their jail time.

The 2018 FBI & TPD interview of June Umchinda gives some glimpses of flippant Charles Adelson, sometimes aggressive (yelling and throwing bottled water at June) and at other times oscitant (taking xanax and deep breaths). June reported that Donna Adelson was irascible, in need of appeasement because spooked by Dan Markel’s manes.

Similarly, both Charles and Donna stayed naked sometimes (according to jail logs) in protective custody due to their behavior; and both complained about jail conditions.

It should not be surprising if Ms. Donna would regret the relative discomfort of the protective custody after few days of rubbing with the plebeians.

Last edited:
Yes I am sure there is a temperament factor involved but googling the jail records for both - which brings up the logs - does not suggest that either were naked 'day long'
IIRC the log observation remarks are sequential, being logged every 15-30 minutes. Cumulative, separated by commas.

I’ve seen several references to “Wendi’s podcast” here and on another blog. Does anyone have any info or a link? TIA

Um, I'm Jewish, and I've never heard it referred to as the "Hebrew Bible". My copies say either "The Holy Scriptures" or "The Torah readings".
I think only academics and historians call it the Hebrew Bible; this may be because they don’t want to use the term “Old Testament.” (I don’t know why they don’t just refer to the names of the scriptures themselves, such as Torah, or Talmud. It’s like calling the Koran the “Muslim Bible.” But, I digress.). I don’t know any Jewish people who use the term Bible at all. That’s why I was surprised that Donna asked for one, and that’s why I thought it might have been for motives other than religiousness. (My question “who says it was a Jewish one“ was meant to be tongue in cheek). JMO, but the request struck me as odd.

Last edited:
I think "innocent until proved guilty" is a bit of a misnomer. Obviously there are people that are arrested that are actually innocent and for them to be subject to mistreatment is abhorrent, but there are obviously people who are guilty, with a lot of incriminating evidence that are in jail awaiting their trial. So technically innocent, but I don't believe they should be treated as such. They're not innocent, they just haven't been found guilty yet. If they are innocent then why are they denied bond or denied house arrest instead of prison?
They’re presumed innocent before the court, that’s a legal concept. That’s all. It doesn’t have any bearing on whether they actually did the crime, or whether you’re allowed to think they did. Only the court, and the jury, has to begin with the legal presumption that they are not guilty, and they only have to presume this during the trial for purposes of making a determination. Even a finding of not guilty is not a finding of “innocence,” as a matter of law or of fact. The person is just found “not guilty” under the law, because the state hasn’t proven it, under the law. The whole “presumed innocent” thing drives me nuts. People either did the crime or they didn’t. Unless I’m on the jury, I can believe what I want to believe, as a private matter. I will say that I don’t think, personally, that it’s right to say publicly that someone is guilty unless they have actually been found guilty and convicted in a court of law. I think it is acceptable to say that you think that the evidence you have seen so far suggests to you that person did commit the crime, in your opinion.

Last edited:
Maestro Charles’ early jail complaints were seemingly baby versions of capricious Ms. Donna’s demands, given the similarity of their child’s and parent’s characters.

Intriguing would be the attitude of Ms. Donna’s other child, the State labeled unindicted co-conspirator Wendi Adelson. Ms. Wendi displays pursed lips of disapproval for trivial questions such as her former address.

A lot would be Ms. Wendi’s complaints when her turn comes to experience Leon County jail, I take it.

Attachments

• what is your address.png
    what is your address.png
    432 KB · Views: 24
I understand the defence's complaints about DA's conditions, it does sound pretty grim. I reckon DA is pretty tough though, it has taken some nerves to carry on as usual, (to whatever extent she has done this), since Dan's murder. Personally, I hope she has many years left

I understand the defence's complaints about DA's conditions, it does sound pretty grim. I reckon DA is pretty tough though, it has taken some nerves to carry on as usual, (to whatever extent she has done this), since Dan's murder. Personally, I hope she has many years left
I'm quite sure that they force prisoners to shower 1-2x/week for basic hygeine, and that she isn't deprived of any prescribed meds. As far as starvation, that diet is on her. Unless force feeding is an option.

I'm quite sure that they force prisoners to shower 1-2x/week for basic hygeine, and that she isn't deprived of any prescribed meds. As far as starvation, that diet is on her. Unless force feeding is an option.
The thing with the meds could just be possibly that the prison doctor doesn’t agree that she needs what her outside doctors might now be saying she needs, or maybe she can’t get the exact brand, or something like that. I think I heard someone on STS saying they might not just give you benzos, for example. Maybe they have a stricter definition of what is medically necessary. It also sounds from the motion like they may have tried to ask her about her medication or give her medication but she refused. I don’t know, but I doubt they deny prisoners access to medically necessary life saving medication.

My guess is they would more her to an infirmary and introduce IV feeding until she was capable of returning to jail.

I think "innocent until proved guilty" is a bit of a misnomer. Obviously there are people that are arrested that are actually innocent and for them to be subject to mistreatment is abhorrent, but there are obviously people who are guilty, with a lot of incriminating evidence that are in jail awaiting their trial. So technically innocent, but I don't believe they should be treated as such. They're not innocent, they just haven't been found guilty yet. If they are innocent then why are they denied bond or denied house arrest instead of prison?

They’re presumed innocent before the court, that’s a legal concept. That’s all. It doesn’t have any bearing on whether they actually did the crime, or whether you’re allowed to think they did. Only the court, and the jury, has to begin with the legal presumption that they are not guilty, and they only have to presume this during the trial for purposes of making a determination. Even a finding of not guilty is not a finding of “innocence,” as a matter of law or of fact. The person is just found “not guilty” under the law, because the state hasn’t proven it, under the law. The whole “presumed innocent” thing drives me nuts. People either did the crime or they didn’t. Unless I’m on the jury, I can believe what I want to believe, as a private matter. I will say that I don’t think, personally, that it’s right to say publicly that someone is guilty unless they have actually been found guilty and convicted in a court of law. I think it is acceptable to say that you think that the evidence you have seen so far suggests to you that person did commit the crime, in your opinion.
I think this banter is off point. Donna's complaints do not impugn the presumption of innocence in anyway. They are akin to the complaints made by a more famous older woman, Ghislaine Maxwell, who was held without bail pre-trial as a flight risk and who claimed prison life was breaking her . . . i don't recall that any of her complaints via motion changed prison life for her one bit. On appeal her lawyers are arguing that Maxwell "was unable to prepare meaningfully for trial at her Brooklyn jail because of raw sewage, sleep and water deprivation, as well as surveillance resembling Hannibal Lecter’s in the movie The Silence of the Lambs." Link: Ghislaine Maxwell appeals US court to throw out sex trafficking conviction

Last edited:
Returning to the case against Donna and what's in the PCAffadavit, specifically the beefed-up section on Donna's washing of dollars, there are a few examples of people testing out the washing of large quantities of dollar bills in domestic washing appliances.
IMO worth a look

Returning to the case against Donna and what's in the PCAffadavit, specifically the beefed-up section on Donna's washing of dollars, there are a few examples of people testing out the washing of large quantities of dollar bills in domestic washing appliances.
IMO worth a look
So weird, funny and crazy to wash money. But why would she wash the bills in stapled packs? Or why would she staple the bills after they were washed? KM says the attacks were stapled.

I keep quoting myself lol smh. But I was just thinking maybe KM said she saw stapled stacks at CA’s house. Did she say the money that was for the “job” was stapled? By the way, such an interesting question cottonweaver!

So weird, funny and crazy to wash money. But why would she wash the bills in stapled packs? Or why would she staple the bills after they were washed? KM says the attacks were stapled.
Agree, I don't think that she ( or Harvey) would wash them stapled, sounds counterintuitive. ( I suggested dental autoclave a while ago because you wouldn't need to un-staple the stacks. )

Re weird. I agree but imo they all think that they're criminal masterminds. ( For example, CA telling KM that he used latex gloves and didn't lick the envelope, used a different printer for the hit instructions)

I've no idea if Harvey /Donna could've popped round to the Adelson Institute and autoclaved them but later bagged them before all the steam was evaporated. ( Needs a dentist's input... @minusfour ..)

Or whether either of them just washed them at home. ( But the experiments show that the bills come out and then dry with distinctive creases)

the utility room at, presumably, their 2014 address https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...W-14th-Ct_Coral-Springs_FL_33071_M62848-83695

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member