Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!

Adelson further indicates in the motion that she has been denied access to her medications and was only permitted to speak to her husband, Harvey Adelson, once on the phone last week. Donna’s defense attorneys have been unable to get in touch with her, and according to the motion, she says she is becoming physically weaker on account of “inhumane conditions” and “sitting in her cell naked all day,” according to the motion.

The prosecution is in agreement with Donna and her defense that she should undergo an independent psychiatrist’s evaluation.
It would be interesting to know to which drugs Donna Adelson claims that she has been denied access.

The motion refers to blood pressure medication.
Yes, but the claim is for "drugs" -- plural. So I am thinking that there is at least one other prescription medication that she was prescribed but has been denied while incarcerated. (O.K. Sorry, I did not read the motion. So blood pressure medication is the only medication that she was prescribed and has not been allowed access to behind bars?) I do know that blood pressure medication, in an amount constituting an "overdose", can cause death. But, if allowed, it would be dispensed one pill at a time, and I'm sure that she would be scrutinized to ensure that she swallowed each pill when it was given to her.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know to which drugs Donna Adelson claims that she has been denied access.

Once again -- DA's Motion and word play, talking out of both sides of her mouth.

First DA alleged she was asked about her Rx history pre-incarceration but she refused to answer the questions because she could not see the person interviewing her and was not confident of their position (i.e., whether or not they were qualified to inquire of her medical prescriptions).

Given ^^above, how rich for DA to then complain she's not getting her BP script! DA hasn't been the Leon County Jail but two weeks! Sorry queenie, there's no concierge service in department of corrections.

She was on anti-depressants. Would she get these in jail?
I would think it would make for a much "happier camper" if she did get antidepressants that were previously prescribed. What I thought that she had been prescribed (on the "outside"), was Xanax (or another benzodiazepine, such as Klonopin, Ativan or Valium). I could see where she would really be up-in-arms were she denied access to any benzo that she was taking on a regular basis. But, if she had been taking a benzo, and denied access once incarcerated, she certainly would have been rushed to the ER for withdrawal.

Last edited:
Once again -- DA's Motion and word play, talking out of both sides of her mouth.

First DA alleged she was asked about her Rx history pre-incarceration but she refused to answer the questions because she could not see the person interviewing her and was not confident of their position (i.e., whether or not they were qualified to inquire of her medical prescriptions).

Given ^^above, how rich for DA to then complain she's not getting her BP script! DA hasn't been the Leon County Jail but two weeks! Sorry queenie, there's no concierge service in department of corrections.
Appending to add the keyword-- sometimes denied which can also mean DA received her Rx as scheduled and not when she demanded! From page 4 of the Motion:

"She is sometimes denied her necessary blood pressure medication, and she has been prevented from showering for days at a time."

Actually, after skimming the Emergency Motion, DA requested a book OR a Bible -- where the Bible was secondary! MSM clickbait drama is soooo tiring...

Denied access to shower, for days at a time. How many days? When and what time, exactly? She should be keeping records. What else does she have to do?

More intentional, selective word play from her defense!

For example, DA is segregated for her protection which also means she is only allowed out of her cell for a limited time during specific hours when all other inmates are on lockdown. If DA's designated shower time is 5AM and she refuses to shower at this hour, there's no do-over for her at her convenience because she will have to wait until the other inmates are on lock down for DA to access to the shower room.

In other words, if DA is missing shower time, you can bet she's played a part here that she conveniently left out of her misleading Motion!

ETA: From post #60:
Please be reminded that CA was also held in protective custody while in Leon County jail (as typical for his protection), and don't know why it would/should be any different for DA.

Rashbaum also revealed his client is spending his days at the Leon County jail in “protective custody,” likening it to solitary confinement. Rashbaum said Adelson gets 30 minutes outside of his cell per day, and reviewing evidence over the phone has been tedious.

Last edited:
Adelson’s attorney, Marissel Descalzo, filed an emergency motion Tuesday with multiple allegations, including accusations jail staff are forcing the 73-year-old to sit naked and eat with her hands while in a small cell by herself.

The jail staff is also accused of withholding medication from Adelson and making her go days without a shower.

The motion argued the alleged treatment is a violation of Adelson’s Sixth Amendment rights because she has been unable to communicate with her attorney or help with her defense.

Descalzo requests the court release Adelson on house arrest or force the jail to improve her conditions, release her from isolation and “place Donna in a unit where she can prepare for trial and speak to her family.” It also requests an additional alternative, asking the court to consider issuing Adelson a “psychological evaluation” to place her in a different unit.

All this is her own doing. Sure, she’s innocent until proved guilty. So is everyone else in Leon County Jail. She’s innocent until proven guilty, but.

+ she was arrested on PCA that has lots of probable cause for MURDER
+ she was caught trying to flee. Just trying to go on vacation? Not after she told CA she was going to flee.
+ said on phone call she was considering suicide.

all of the above makes her responsible for all she is experiencing right now. If the authorities ignored her suicide statements they would be criticized for ignoring same. If they ignored suicide statements and she killed herself in gen pop they would be criticized and sued.

IMO, she floated the suicide prop to keep from having to be in gen pop and now regrets. She’s reaping what she sowed.

I’m sure she’s having a hard time and feeling miserable. She’s lived a comfortable life and she’s elderly. No doubt there will be a long adjustment period. I have a hard time believing that she’s being treated especially cruelly. She’s a high profile inmate - jail administrators know all eyes are on them. I really doubt they would give her that kinda ammunition.

If you’re elderly, maybe don’t have someone murdered and then you won’t have these problems. JMO
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

I think "innocent until proved guilty" is a bit of a misnomer. Obviously there are people that are arrested that are actually innocent and for them to be subject to mistreatment is abhorrent, but there are obviously people who are guilty, with a lot of incriminating evidence that are in jail awaiting their trial. So technically innocent, but I don't believe they should be treated as such. They're not innocent, they just haven't been found guilty yet. If they are innocent then why are they denied bond or denied house arrest instead of prison?

"Denied access" an interesting phrase: to many, not the same as "unavailable" or "prohibited".
Does DA believe "access" means she herself retains and handles bottles full of pills? If DA thought she was going to receive bottles of BP meds or Benzos in her cell and take them according to her own schedule, while incarcerated, and additionally under suicide watch, she is more delusional than any of us has thus far perceived. After all, if you can't have ordinary flatware, or even plastic flatware.....

She was on anti-depressants. Would she get these in jail?
Yes she would - she's still got all her rights as an un-convicted person.

IDK why a lawyer on SM has been confusing people on that over the last 3 weeks on denial of access to any prescription meds.
Anyway, we don't know if she's definitely on any prescribed psych meds- other than the blood pressure meds referenced in Descalzo's motion. ( Persistent SM rumours that she's addicted but have never seen anything to back that up)

btw
'YesCare' have the contract for LC
Jail Services | Yescare

Last edited:
IMO, she floated the suicide prop to keep from having to be in gen pop and now regrets. She’s reaping what she sowed.
snipped just to focus on that
Yes, I think so.

Descalzo must have told her that her chances of home-release are zero. So what is she really after? G Pop and a tablet so she can make unlimited calls?

Cappleman & SA are bound to want her to have the latter asap.

But while it's certainly more humane to get out of isolation cell but as Descalzo is claiming that the whole LC community is against her ( due to media coverage) I don't understand why she wants G pop.
(Isolation in itself is a big risk factor in suicides during incarceration but that might be because there are too many mentally ill people incarcerated but dropping a notorious, millionaire in GPop also comes with its own risks, as Descalzo will already know. )

Bumping up the link to the complete document here. Somewhere in the document she makes the claims about the LC community, media coverage etc GUILTY - FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members