FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interested in hearing why you would not believe much of what he has said today. Unable to listen today, but does he strike you as unreliable?
He seems believable to me. I'm sure anyone involved in the middle of such a sordid scene would remember details and also be anxious. Heck, I'd be afraid for my own life.

I myself believe the entire family was involved in this murder. They all wanted Dan eliminated. Wendi might not have been the active participant; however, she fueled the flames. She seems like she is used to manipulating everyone and getting her way.

All of the above is just my opinion.

They might have to do that to correct their error. I still think it’s a pretty serious error. It might be grounds for appeal if it were a defense error. Or if the ruling had gone the other way. Also, someone above said it was just plain hearsay and not hearsay within hearsay, because Wendi said Charlie looked into hiring a hit man, not Wendi said Charlie said. If true, not raising this is also an error. Although the hearsay exception would be the same. Or would it be statement against interest? I admit I missed that week in law school. As I said, I’m not a great lawyer.
I'm not exaclty sure about the double hearsay aspect of it. Seems unlikely that Wendi purportedly found out about Charlie allegedly looking into hiring a hitman without someone telling her. I doubt that they are claiming that she has first hand knowledge (was present) for the alleged attempted hire. Now if Charlie had directly told Lacasse about it, that would not be hearsay because a party opponent's statements are not hearsay. JMO.

If you buy the defense theory that Charlie always knew who did it, then these questions for June about why he never wondered who did it are not as damning as they should be. If anything, the fear she said Charlie showed about the killers is consistent.

Cannot believe June is still trying to protect this guy.
I am hoping that the jury doesn't trust all of her comments today because they will have also seen CA light-up when she first got into the witness box so hopefully the jury are sceptical and can see there are still feelings and loyalties there

So Rash is trying to use her to substantiate claims that Charlie was being extorted by bad guys and installed cameras and bought guns after the murder. And even if she says shes not aware of it, he still gets it in there. He has done that with other witnesses. He is testifying. Dirty.

What a highly irritating person June is. What does she stand to gain at this point by helping him? He dumped her and got another woman pregnant. She was mad when police interviewed her and told the truth. Then he started talking to her again and giving her attention so she was back to being his lapdog again.

Dan wanted to see the kids every night when they were with Wendi? That’s unusual, and it’s unusual that he would’ve thought it would be allowed.
Yep, this was discussed in the book about the case Extreme Punishment by Steven B Epstein (good book by the way!). But I think there was something in the book about DM backing down a bit from this stance as he got into his new relationship with the NYU law professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme