FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a highly irritating person June is. What does she stand to gain at this point by helping him? He dumped her and got another woman pregnant. She was mad when police interviewed her and told the truth. Then he started talking to her again and giving her attention so she was back to being his lapdog again.
It truly is pathetic in my opinion.

Yep, this was discussed in the book about the case Extreme Punishment by Steven B Epstein (good book by the way!). But I think there was something in the book about DM backing down a bit from this stance as he got into his new relationship with the NYU law professor.
That was a good book. That author got a lot of flack from people who believed he was too soft on Wendi. He apparently doesn’t think there’s enough evidence pointing to her.

I think I’ve missed some bits so forgive me - but is CAs defense that KM immediately started extorting him, like bam! by the day after the murder?

Because I’ve seen the parts about arguing the recurring Adelson Institute checks to KM are more consistent with being blackmail payoffs vs a hit payoff.

But- the big bundles of tens of thousands of stapled dollars to LR and SG were handed over by KM the day after the murder. And all the phone records in previous trials showed KM and CA were together the night of July 18. Just wondering how CAs attorney spins that if it’s an extortion vs a hit CA was the money man for.

I think I’ve missed some bits so forgive me - but is CAs defense that KM immediately started extorting him, like bam! by the day after the murder?

Because I’ve seen the parts about arguing the recurring Adelson Institute checks to KM are more consistent with being blackmail payoffs vs a hit payoff.

But- the big bundles of tens of thousands of stapled dollars to LR and SG were handed over by KM the day after the murder. And all the phone records in previous trials showed KM and CA were together the night of July 18. Just wondering how CAs attorney spins that if it’s an extortion vs a hit CA was the money man for.
It’s worse than that. He’s claiming Katie came to him and told him OTHER people were extorting him. They had killed Dan and wanted money. I don’t know why they’re not going with the theory that Katie extorted him. Perhaps they don’t want her to testify?

With the next day cash, it's got to be that the extortion happened immediately.

What a highly irritating person June is. What does she stand to gain at this point by helping him? He dumped her and got another woman pregnant. She was mad when police interviewed her and told the truth. Then he started talking to her again and giving her attention so she was back to being his lapdog again.
It is confounding! Makes me think of KM and why she didn’t turn on CA pronto as soon as SG was arrested … like what is the hold this money stapling oddball has over his exes.

I'm not exaclty sure about the double hearsay aspect of it. Seems unlikely that Wendi purportedly found out about Charlie allegedly looking into hiring a hitman without someone telling her. I doubt that they are claiming that she has first hand knowledge (was present) for the alleged attempted hire. Now if Charlie had directly told Lacasse about it, that would not be hearsay because a party opponent's statements are not hearsay. JMO.
Cappleman previously used the same tactic when examining JL in prior trial. This issue was also a motion heard earlier and Judge Everett ruled JL and the hitman convo could be used to impeach WA. Apparently, the defense argument was successful in changing the Court's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required