FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Haven't been on here in awhile. I will be attending the trial. Hoping we get another arrest before, still holding hope for Donna which is likely the only pressure they can put on Charlie for a deal. I found it interesting that Rashbaum said they would need 5-6 days for their case. That hints, to me, that Charlie will be testifying. I mean how else can they explain away his own words? Plus, it's the Maestro.

Vinnie Politan did a new show on this yesterday I think. I'm thrilled that Ruth Markel will be doing a presentation on her book at Dan's synagogue the night before the trials begin. I will be there. Her book is heartbreaking and a beautiful look in to Dan as he was in life.

WIll also be so interesting to see if anything comes of Katie's proffer. We might get a better glimpse in to that at the pre-trial conference.

To justice for Dan!
Thank you for the info. I wonder if Ruth is able to see her grandsons. Wishing her and her family nothing but love and Justice!

Thank you for the info. I wonder if Ruth is able to see her grandsons. Wishing her and her family nothing but love and Justice!

IIRC I believe Ruth has not been allowed to see her grandsons. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

After six years of no contact, in April 2022, Ruth was invited to attend her grandson's bar mitzvah:

House Bill 1116, unofficially called the Dan Markel act, was formally adopted on June 22, 2022.

Markel is convinced it was the pending ratification of the bill that prompted a surprise invitation in April from her former daughter-in-law, Wendi, to attend Benjamin’s coming bar mitzvah. After six years of no contact, the Markels hoped they could at least spend a little time alone with the boys, the day before the celebration, to get to know them again.

It was arranged they should fly down in April and spend the day.

“We saw the children. They’re not children anymore, they’re big boys. And it was amazing. And that was the best experience that we could have,” Markel said.

After six years of no contact, in April 2022, Ruth was invited to attend her grandson's bar mitzvah:

House Bill 1116, unofficially called the Dan Markel act, was formally adopted on June 22, 2022.

Markel is convinced it was the pending ratification of the bill that prompted a surprise invitation in April from her former daughter-in-law, Wendi, to attend Benjamin’s coming bar mitzvah. After six years of no contact, the Markels hoped they could at least spend a little time alone with the boys, the day before the celebration, to get to know them again.

It was arranged they should fly down in April and spend the day.

“We saw the children. They’re not children anymore, they’re big boys. And it was amazing. And that was the best experience that we could have,” Markel said.

Thank you for that information! I am so glad for her-- she deserves happiness where ever she can find it

Thank you for that information! I am so glad for her-- she deserves happiness where ever she can find it
I feel for her as she has to straddle the line knowing Wendi is in full control of her grandsons and can, and has, pulled the rug out from under her when he comes to contact with them. Remarkable restraint on her part when it comes to speaking out about the Adelsons and the utter hell they have put her through.

I have in my notes to ask about Adelson's pretrial hearings.

from my notes:
. Any pretrial motions & lists of experts, exhibits & witnesses are due to the court by 9/22/23. Also, an additional CMC may be scheduled between now and the 10/20 hearing if necessary. Next pretrial conference hearing on 10/20/23.

So - can anyone reading here have access to Leon County court site? My 2 go to people are not answering... :(

So if anyone else can help - it would be very much appreciated! TIA! :)

I have in my notes to ask about Adelson's pretrial hearings.

from my notes:
. Any pretrial motions & lists of experts, exhibits & witnesses are due to the court by 9/22/23. Also, an additional CMC may be scheduled between now and the 10/20 hearing if necessary. Next pretrial conference hearing on 10/20/23.

So - can anyone reading here have access to Leon County court site? My 2 go to people are not answering... :(

So if anyone else can help - it would be very much appreciated! TIA! :)
right... i knew that was KM... but I am not sure why I saw nothing on adelson??
sorry.

Last edited:
Sigfredo filed a lengthy Pro Se Motion for Post Conviction Relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel during trial and appeal. He clearly had a ghost-writing attorney or paralegal help draft the motion as it's fairly well written. Based on the Order to Show Cause and the State's Response, looks like SG is getting an evidentiary hearing.

Attachments

• Motion for Post Convistion Relief__.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • Order to Show Cause.pdf
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
  • State Response.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
Sigfredo filed a lengthy Pro Se Motion for Post Conviction Relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel during trial and appeal. He clearly had a ghost-writing attorney or paralegal help draft the motion as it's fairly well written. Based on the Order to Show Cause and the State's Response, looks like SG is getting an evidentiary hearing.

Any date yet for that evidentiary hearing? TIA! :) I can not access Leon County court site.

Any date yet for that evidentiary hearing? TIA! :) I can not access Leon County court site.
No. The Order to Show Cause asked the state why there should not be an evidentiary hearing. The State responded that it denies the allegations but that there should be a hearing. Will let you know when it is set.

No. The Order to Show Cause asked the state why there should not be an evidentiary hearing. The State responded that it denies the allegations but that there should be a hearing. Will let you know when it is set.

Thanks! :) Much appreciated.

I see misspellings (e.g. "cell cite" and "Vioalting") in the Motion; any entry-level paralegal or attorney would have caught these. Doesn't change the content but makes me wonder about the author(s).

There is an order from the former judge (Judge Wheeler) setting a 9/22/23 deadline for the parties to file any pretrial motions, witness and exhibit lists. So if things stay on track with the new judge there should be some filings in the coming week.

Any info as to why there is a new judge?

I've read Attorney Timothy Jansen, (who represented FSU's QB Winston in the sexual assault case) previously reported that Judge Wheeler was making a transition and the case might be reassigned. Also, MLJN YouTube linked above states he's appeared before Circuit Judge Stephen Everett and has only good things to say about the new justice assigned. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member