FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t think Wendi told them what kind of car they should rent. The Prius was their second choice, there was something up with the first one they rented, if I recall. Also, they had gone up there before and rented a different kind of car. It just didn’t seem like they set out to rent a specific type of car. But we shall see. I do think it was weird that she was asking about his plans for Friday. But when he first spoke to the cops he didn’t mention any of that. He thought of it after some time, as he got more and more angry with her. I think he believes she was trying to set him up, but I’m not sure how true that is. I think she did put his name out there during the police interview. I think she didn’t mind that he was a suspect. She might have wanted to know if he would be driving near the house that day. But I just don’t know that it was a premeditated setup. Just my opinion. YMMV
I agree with you I don’t think she was really trying to set him up seriously. I think if she knew “something” was going down on that Friday she might have been anxious about where he was going to be. And he was a convenient possible suspect to tell the detective about that first day and to divert from her and her family.

But even if JL had been in town at the time of the murder other evidence like the surveillance camera at the fitness center would have shown that the suspicious car was not the same make as his car.

I have wondered if WA was an anxious mess at the Mozaik restaurant where Isom came to get her that afternoon or if her lunch friends there would say she acted normally. One of the friends was a psychiatrist I think. Also how did Isom even know she was at Mozaik? In the police video I think she asks but he brushes it off like “we have our ways.”

I agree with you I don’t think she was really trying to set him up seriously. I think if she knew “something” was going down on that Friday she might have been anxious about where he was going to be. And he was a convenient possible suspect to tell the detective about that first day and to divert from her and her family.

But even if JL had been in town at the time of the murder other evidence like the surveillance camera at the fitness center would have shown that the suspicious car was not the same make as his car.

I have wondered if WA was an anxious mess at the Mozaik restaurant where Isom came to get her that afternoon or if her lunch friends there would say she acted normally. One of the friends was a psychiatrist I think. Also how did Isom even know she was at Mozaik? In the police video I think she asks but he brushes it off like “we have our ways.”
I think they traced her cellphone activity to the restaurant. I don’t remember where I heard that. And I agree, Jeff would never have been a serious suspect. They knew it was a Prius pretty soon after the murder. One look at Jeff’s car would’ve cleared that up. I know Jeff thinks his life would have gotten more difficult had he not left the night before, but I don’t agree. It would’ve been easy to clear him.

I believe Lacasse. He said he was pretty pathetic at the time and I agree with that. I mean Wendi allegedly forced him and her sons to watch a shattered tv when a working tv was available. Why would you stay with someone who does that? He was not making good romantic decisions with Wendi IMO.
I think a lot of us can understand that and see that in ourselves. We cannot see manipulation until it happens.

I’m confused about their theory. Are they claiming that Katie was extorting him, or that Katie told him the killers were extorting him? Why were the checks written to Katie? Why did she deposit them? Are they saying she distributed them to the killers? If you add them up, then in addition to the cash she got that night, they add up to an amount that was most likely promised to Katie for the murder.

Rushbaum just told the jury that true crime folk think Charlie is guilty & wagers were being made over his sentencing
How does that help the Defense?

Last edited:
I feel Jeff was very credible. I don’t feel that Rashbaum scored many points in his cross.

Wendy didn’t call police when CA made the hitman joke either, so why should Jeff think he should have immediately after she made that comment?
Plus Jeff had a good reply “I was scared of your client”. Which totally tracks with what he said on the police video about CA being scary.

I know it’s not funny, but I giggled when Jeff admitted he was still “pathetic” after Wendi broke up with him.

ETA - we can all probably relate! I know I can!
Unfortunately -- very true you only get once chance at a 'first impression.'

I recall how I much I disliked JL's testimony during the first trial and thought he was inserting himself far too much for self-importance but he totally redeemed himself in my eyes during the retrial.

Unfortunately -- very true you only get once chance at a 'first impression.'

I recall how I much I disliked JL's testimony during the first trial and thought he was inserting himself far too much for self-importance but he totally redeemed himself in my eyes during the retrial.

This is how I felt earlier today!

Wow. The texts Ryan sent. They are bad and foul..but he did call CA a murderer.
He wasn’t super helpful. What were they trying to get at with him? It didn’t work. Except that he said he didn’t see the barbed wire, and he saw the stapled cash. But theyre conceding the stapled cash.

I know he is on the list but do you think LR will be called to testify? I kind of have a fondness for him out of the killers, the one guy who said what he knew (albeit to get a plea deal since he was already in prison on another case)

I know he is on the list but do you think LR will be called to testify? I kind of have a fondness for him out of the killers, the one guy who said what he knew (albeit to get a plea deal since he was already in prison on another case)
I do too. He told the whole truth I feel. And has no pretenses - like it is what it is period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member