FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it’s all cash, so you can’t really prove how much they got, right?
Luis just testified that in the 3 way split, he got $37K I think, but yeah if Rushbaum wants to argue that they all decided to do the job for ten times what they actually received..... go for it

anyway
ETA - didn't know that Luis at one point suggested they just rob Wendi instead

Oh, dear. He doesn’t remember a lot of important stuff, and he’s confusing the two trips, I think. He said before that they didn’t do the murder on the first trip because the kids were there. This is important because the defense is arguing that Charlie wouldn’t have planned the murder during a week when the kids were with Dan. Charlie knew that it would never happen in front of the kids even if Dan had them.

I know he is on the list but do you think LR will be called to testify? I kind of have a fondness for him out of the killers, the one guy who said what he knew (albeit to get a plea deal since he was already in prison on another case)
Absolutely. LR, an admitted gang leader, is the State's key to the hitman representation -- and especially since he's far removed from KM. LR owed KM nothing. Also, FBI/investigators were able to corroborate his details very early and deemed him credible as far as snitches go.

Talking to a US Marshal about this case, I learned that LR was a legacy member of the Latin Kings -- he was born into the organization, and essentially has known no other life. When he testified about going to the corner to buy a .38, that's exactly what he did! (CA wants to be LR)!

And LR turning on SG was a matter of survival in the coveted federal system where he's afforded the protection of frequently being rotated to different facilities across the country. SG long knew what came with his friendship with LR and no bad blood there. Some might even say he's looking out for SG in the Florida system from afar. (i.e., In a completely unrelated matter with similar circumstances, I know of a hotel that burned to the ground, destroying evidence that if found, would have greatly hurt somebody's homeboy).

IMO, SG was a party here for no other reason than KM, period.

Oh, dear. He doesn’t remember a lot of important stuff, and he’s confusing the two trips, I think. He said before that they didn’t do the murder on the first trip because the kids were there. This is important because the defense is arguing that Charlie wouldn’t have planned the murder during a week when the kids were with Dan. Charlie knew that it would never happen in front of the kids even if Dan had them.
i thought he'd previously said that it was because they couldn't find Dan/lost track of Dan

ETA
I just double checked and Luis said today that they lost Dan although they tried to follow him

scroll back 3 mins

I don't remember the part about him wanting to rob Wendi to get the money instead of killing Dan....did that come up in the earlier trials?

I thought he said it was because the kids were there. I think maybe he said they staked out the house but didn’t see Dan leave so they didn’t know if the kids were there. Does that sound right?
I'm not sure. Something freaked them out or went wrong and they left. I can't remember. He also previously testified about seeing a woman with 2 kids walking on the street and he thought it was Wendi? Something like that...

Yes, he's not remembering now.
Re Trip 1. he just said that they lost track of Dan despite following

however Luis says that on neither trip would he have ever agreed to killing DM if the kids were there

( When Rushbaum did his opening it struck me y'day that Rush was misrepping what Luis had said)

ETA
I just hope that Luis isn't going to get bamboozled by Rush on cross later
Georgia just made a reckless move by trying the Prawfs Blog line on Luis again. He almost said Yes that he found out that Dan would be leaving for a conference the following day via a blog! Luckily this was clarifed not to be correct

Last edited:
Re Trip 1. he just said that they lost track of Dan despite following

however Luis says that on neither trip would he have ever agreed to killing DM if the kids were there

( When Rushbaum did his opening it struck me y'day that Rush was misrepping what Luis had said)

ETA
I just hope that Luis isn't going to get bamboozled by Rush on cross later
I remember from the earlier trials that none of the defense attorneys rocked him on cross. We'll see about Rashbaum.

I don't remember the part about him wanting to rob Wendi to get the money instead of killing Dan....did that come up in the earlier trials?

From the previous trials, I recall that LR stated he first believed they were going to Tallahassee for a robbery and he did not know it was a murder when they first left Miami in June. I think LR at one point made an off the cuff statement how if this was just about money, they could have just robbed Wendi but this job was about getting the kids for the lady. And this required Dan deceased.

Today, LR repeated only how it would be easier to commit a robbery than go to Tallahassee to commit murder. MOO

I thought he said it was because the kids were there. I think maybe he said they staked out the house but didn’t see Dan leave so they didn’t know if the kids were there. Does that sound right?
Yeah that sounds right. I do remember him testifying before they didn’t want to do it if the kids were home. On the day they did it they were sure the kids were not there because they followed DM to the preschool and saw the drop off.

From the previous trials, I recall that LR stated he first believed they were going to Tallahassee for a robbery and he did not know it was a murder when they first left Miami in June. I think LR at one point made an off the cuff statement how if this was just about money, they could have just robbed Wendi but this job was about getting the kids for the lady. And this required Dan deceased.

Today, LR repeated only how it would be easier to commit a robbery than go to Tallahassee to commit murder. MOO
Thank you. Yes, the more I thought about the more I remembered something about a robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueJayJay71