FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not that worried because if I was on the jury I would not believe much of what Lacasse had to say anyway, especially that WA would tell him her brother looked into hiring a hit man. Just not believable to me that she would tell him that when she was about to break up with him. Hope there are folks like me on the jury!
Would be interested in hearing why you would not believe much of what he has said today. Unable to listen today, but does he strike you as unreliable?

Just up, DM's attorney, Stephen Webster, just disputed everything WA said about how she and DM were getting along at that point.
didn't realise that lunch was over!

ETA
So glad he's testifying. Jury will have perked up, he has a great manner & great testimony

CA looks more worried than he has all morning

Last edited:
Dan wanted to see the kids every night when they were with Wendi? That’s unusual, and it’s unusual that he would’ve thought it would be allowed.
And what’s up with him hiring a criminal defense atty for a divorce proceeding!!!? That’s so strange. His previous atty withdrew. He’s a lawyer he knows it’s important to get an atty that practices in family law! JMO

She’s trying to impeach Wendi for saying she didn’t know what was in the pleadings she filed. They are really drilling down on this contempt pleading. Wendi and the divorce are really important to the state’s case. This isn’t like Katie.

And what’s up with him hiring a criminal defense atty for a divorce proceeding!!!? That’s so strange. His previous atty withdrew. He’s a lawyer he knows it’s important to get an atty that practices in family law! JMO
The guy probably does a little bit of everything. Sole practitioner. It’s a small town. And Dan probably thought he could write most of the pleadings anyway. Which he did.

Would be interested in hearing why you would not believe much of what he has said today. Unable to listen today, but does he strike you as unreliable?
Unreliable, yes. As someone else mentioned, he seemed over eager to share today. He was also quite fidgety on the stand and I am sure he was just nervous but it did not look good to me.

I DO believe him when he says WA was still active on the dating site, but statements like "she called and was eager to have a date with me the next day" or "she wanted the kids to call me Dad" just seemed to be reaching IMHO.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Tim Jansen just said on STS live that Wendi is coming back this afternoon. She was 2 hours away when she was called to come back! WA will be back on the stand soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
June Umchinda is missing, is that what's going on?

Whaaaaa? I thought he worked mostly with military folks? I don’t enjoy his takes generally. He does seem a little obsessed with Wendi. I also don’t think he has a realistic and balanced perspective on this case at all. He sounds more like a spectator rather than a legal professional!

Tim Jansen just said on STS live that Wendi is coming back this afternoon. She was 2 hours away when she was called to come back! WA will be back on the stand soon!

Wendi is off putting to me. Manipulative, fake and not telling the truth, and it’s obvious. This family is so enmeshed yet she didn’t know Charlie was being extorted until yesterday? Charlie never told her who the real killers were? For real? Umm no.

Unreliable, yes. As someone else mentioned, he seemed over eager to share today. He was also quite fidgety on the stand and I am sure he was just nervous but it did not look good to me.

I DO believe him when he says WA was still active on the dating site, but statements like "she called and was eager to have a date with me the next day" or "she wanted the kids to call me Dad" just seemed to be reaching IMHO.
I guess it's just a matter of perspective because I find him believable, especially about the circumstances surrounding him becoming a suspect for a time. Good thing he didn't let WA in on his change of plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx