FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall from Wendi’s testimony, something significant happened in the divorce on Halloween 2013
What pleading was that? Something was filed on that date. Wonder if the jury will remember. It clicked with me because it was Halloween.

It’s so interesting how different someone is on the stand when they’re being truthful. It’s obvious. She’s not lying now.
YES THIS!!!! ... What a huge difference in her affect. This is bombshell testimony that is going to be very hard to shake. The defense will have no choice but to go after her with hammer and tongs.

Aaaaargghhhh I can’t stand the way Georgia does direct exam!! Be linear. Go step by step. When did Charlie bring up doing the murder after Halloween 2013? What did he say!? JMO

CA handed the paper in a sealed manilla envelope. ( Victim's address & photo)
He printed it at another office and that he didn't lick the envelope and used gloves when handling it!
( he warned her also not to touch the contents, she told it to drop it him in her nappy bag)

The Maestro thought he had it all worked out.

paraphrased:
GC: Why did it take so long? Since it was first mentioned to you around Halloween 2013?
KM: CA had been planting the seed for a long time and kept pressuring me that this needs to get done.

CA handed the paper in a sealed manilla envelope. ( Victim's address & photo)
He printed it at another office and that he didn't lick the envelope and used gloves when handling it!
( he warned her also not to touch the contents, she told it to drop it him in her nappy bag)

The Maestro thought he had it all worked out.
She put it IN A DIAPER BAG. So awful. Did Charlie really think Katie couldn’t be convicted if she never saw what was in the envelope? Really?

Here is the Florida law under which she can receive a reduced sentence for substantial assistance. This was discussed on this thread after she was convicted in 2022.

921.186 Substantial assistance.—Notwithstanding any other law, the state attorney may move the sentencing court to reduce or suspend the sentence of any person who is convicted of violating any felony offense and who provides substantial assistance in the identification, arrest, or conviction of any of that person’s accomplices, accessories, coconspirators, or principals or of any other person engaged in criminal activity that would constitute a felony. The arresting agency shall be given an opportunity to be heard in aggravation or mitigation in reference to any such motion. Upon good cause shown, the motion may be filed and heard in camera. The judge hearing the motion may reduce or suspend the sentence if the judge finds that the defendant rendered such substantial assistance.

Here is the Florida law under which she can receive a reduced sentence for substantial assistance. This was discussed on this thread after she was convicted in 2022.

921.186 Substantial assistance.—Notwithstanding any other law, the state attorney may move the sentencing court to reduce or suspend the sentence of any person who is convicted of violating any felony offense and who provides substantial assistance in the identification, arrest, or conviction of any of that person’s accomplices, accessories, coconspirators, or principals or of any other person engaged in criminal activity that would constitute a felony. The arresting agency shall be given an opportunity to be heard in aggravation or mitigation in reference to any such motion. Upon good cause shown, the motion may be filed and heard in camera. The judge hearing the motion may reduce or suspend the sentence if the judge finds that the defendant rendered such substantial assistance.
I just can’t believe she only decided to do this now. She will get something now, but she could’ve gotten more. Perhaps she does feel bad now.

The night of the hit when Katie went over to Charlie's. Georgia asked if KM was in a panic, as previously characterised by Rashbaum.

KM replies, paraphrased:
No I wasn't in a panic but Charlie was
He was frantic & he had a gun in his hand and he was all over the place. ( He has guns & gun safe but not used to seeing him walking around with one like that)
yes, this excitement had to do with the murder.
No, nobody else was at CA's home that night

I can't recall too much detail. He had given me some Xanax so I was blurry myself and I fell asleep, we both fell asleep

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
KM relays a convo with Sig about the condition of the money they'd been given by CA
There's mould on the money. Why would there be mould on the money. The parents might have washed the money. Sig replis ' blow dry it'

I’m a few minutes behind still but when KM pointed out CA, it also appeared his attorneys were shuffling through documents pretty quickly; wonder if they’re trying to gather documents to confront her with to try and impeach her.

I also wonder if they were caught off guard by the timing of calling KM. JMOO.

She could have avoided prison altogether if she had agreed to tell the truth and taken the plea before the trial. Unreal.
I think she honestly thought that since she only handed Sig an envelope, and he did the murder, she wasn’t really responsible for killing someone. Of course she also got paid. So…. But I think he had her convinced that she wasn’t as culpable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth