FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain your reasoning, not able to watch this during the day.
We now know that the first attempted murder happened "coincidentally" when Jeff L went to Gainesville, which WA knew, and then the actual murder happened at the same time and date that he was supposed to be leaving to go to Tenn. They rented a car that resembled his from afar, and WA asked him at yoga all those questions about isn't he definitely going to be leaving Friday morning.

Now with KM, we find out that the plan was hatched as far back as Halloween 2013. That coincides roughly with the time that WA was casually dating JL, and then their relationship, he thought, got more serious in the spring when the plan was really getting cemented. I think he was always either someone she thought she could lure into killing or then settled on making him the fall guy and setting it up to put him as the suspect.

I think both WA & CA used JL and KM. JL always had suspicion she was seeing other men because I think she was. The guys she really wanted. I keep saying, why would she pick a man who looks exactly like the ex that she had such disdain for, and then add the fact that the guy doesn't really have money, and isn't her religion, both of which have proven to be issues for all of that family in the past.

Last edited:
Rashbaum has no questions for the dental staff member who confirms Katie never worked there, never cleaned there, had been a patient and no employee ever got a bundle of cheques in advance.

Second employee Erika is up now and Charlie is beaming
And Rashbaum does want to cross Erika and she seems rather amenable to Rash's suggestions so as to clean-up the mess Sarah made for Charlie on direct. sad

Last edited:
WA- JL: Can I tell you something in confidence?

What date was that though? I just mean was it prior to June 4th?
I'm not sure. I think that conversation was the beginning of the week of the murder. But my point is that I think KM saying that they planned it in October 2013 shows that was around the time Wendy started seeing JL. I have always believed her entire motive in that relationship was using him to either murder like out of the movie, Body Heat, or as the Patsy to be a suspect. To me that became crystal clear today hearing that they had this planned as far back as the year before. JMO

I'm not sure. I think that conversation was the beginning of the week of the murder. But my point is that I think KM saying that they planned it in October 2013 shows that was around the time Wendy started seeing JL. I have always believed her entire motive in that relationship was using him to either murder like out of the movie, Body Heat, or as the Patsy to be a suspect. To me that became crystal clear today hearing that they had this planned as far back as the year before. JMO
yeah I agree on the broader point - the Adelsons had been open to offers for a long time. Any killer would do to TCB for them, as long as they could get away with it

Rashbaum has no questions for the dental staff member who confirms Katie never worked there, never cleaned there, had been a patient and no employee ever got a bundle of cheques in advance.

Second employee Erika is up now and Charlie is beaming
I don’t see how that proves or disproves the defense theory. Charlie admits she got paid through the business and never worked there.

I don’t see how that proves or disproves the defense theory. Charlie admits she got paid through the business and never worked there.
Yes - it's the old Prosecution strategy still in play.

Nonetheless I believe that there are still telephone recordings which show both Katie and Charlie lying that she did work there.

I’m trying to think how I would react if my boss was in Charlie’s shoes. I guess if you don’t like or respect your boss much it’s easier but if you really enjoyed working for him it could be conflicting. Even still, given the evidence, when you realize the people you worked for hired a hitman to kill their son/brother in law wouldn’t you be saddened and sympathize with the victim. I can’t imagine trying to help my former boss at his trial and proudly stating that I loved working with him. JMO

Rashbaum is smarter than most people think. The defense conceded the stapled money and Katies no-show job at Adelson Institute during their opening statement, but they never agreed to a jury instruction on this. So the State still has to prove the stapled money and no-show job. But the jury, and most people, are wondering why the State is putting all these witnesses on when we already heard this from both sides? Makes it look like the State is just bumbling their way through a case.

Rashbaum is smarter than most people think. The defense conceded the stapled money and Katies no-show job at Adelson Institute during their opening statement, but they never agreed to a jury instruction on this. So the State still has to prove the stapled money and no-show job. But the jury, and most people, are wondering why the State is putting all these witnesses on when we already heard this from both sides? Makes it look like the State is just bumbling their way through a case.
Never thought of that, but it makes sense

I think the State IS sort of bumbling through the case because I am not so sure they expected this defense theory…which I find puzzling giving how many people in the legal community predicted this defense.

What the attorneys say is not evidence. Only what comes out of witnesses and what’s admitted into evidence. The burden is with the state. No matter what Rashbaum says, the state still has to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Even if Rashbaum says we concede that Dan Markel was murdered, the state still has to prove he was murdered. I know you know this but others watching may not realize. We watch trials all the time so we know how the process works. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28