FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that KM got her cut of the 100k why are the Adelsons continuing to pay her? This is where Rashbaum got his extortion idea. It’s a question I’ve asked myself. I’ve even said previously that KM was a noose hanging around Charlie’s neck for life after the murder. She could come to him and ask to “borrow” money at anytime and he would have to say yes. They seem to be on good terms obviously but there’s a desperation to please from Charlie. I get why Rashbaum thinks this will play. It’s just that with the rest of the evidence there’s no way to pretend Charlie wasn’t involved in the murder for hire. JMO

Assuming that KM got her cut of the 100k why are the Adelsons continuing to pay her? This is where Rashbaum got his extortion idea. It’s a question I’ve asked myself. I’ve even said previously that KM was a noose hanging around Charlie’s neck for life after the murder. She could come to him and ask to “borrow” money at anytime and he would have to say yes. They seem to be on good terms obviously but there’s a desperation to please from Charlie. I get why Rashbaum thinks this will play. It’s just that with the rest of the evidence there’s no way to pretend Charlie wasn’t involved in the murder for hire. JMO
This is a good question. Why were they paying for a murder in checks? It sounds from the text that she actually did need to show employment to get the health insurance. It sounds like they agreed to this just before the murder. To me it looks like an “in kind” payment for the murder. It wasn’t the money, it was the employment that she needed. It was not a lot of money, not enough for extortion or murder.

They must’ve agreed that in exchange for the murder, she would get to claim employment at the Adelson institute.

Unfortunately for them, this left a paper trail of payments tied to a murder. I don’t get now they thought the police wouldn’t notice this and use it as evidence of murder
payments.

Katie said on the stand that the checks were “for the murder.” The state should’ve gotten her to explain that she needed the bogus job to get insurance. There goes the “extortion” theory right there. And, the text before the murder bears it out. She says she is going to need the paychecks soon for the insurance.

Why didn’t the state get this out of her? I thought of it just because she told that insurance story a couple of times in prior trials. It’s so little money, it doesn’t really make sense as payment for a murder. And now, we see a text which confirms this. Why not get her to say that’s the arrangement they agreed to?

Its so frustrating, because who “extorts” someone for regular employment records for health insurance? It totally defeats the defense argument if they show that.

Last edited:
What is he talking about? Luis put the money in right away and took a lot out right away. Katie put hers in gradually. Doesn’t mean she was being paid any differently. What is he getting at?

What is he talking about? Luis put the money in right away and took a lot out right away. Katie put hers in gradually. Doesn’t mean she was being paid any differently. What is he getting at?
I don’t understand his rationale at all.

No Rivera does not deposit a single cent of the murder money. He spends the cash. When he runs out he goes back to his pre-murder routine of withdrawing his deposits from his job in cash like before.

So Katie accepted a beat up old Lexus with 160,000 miles on it? I bet it chapped her butt later when she saw JU driving around a brand new BMW and later a Mercedes.

This lady just tanked it. Isn‘t if possible that she didn’t get additional cash, she was just depositing cash from Sig or from the original payment for the murder? If they don’t ask about that on redirect, Im going to be upset. She wasn’t getting 3k a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova