FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What part is terrible? Who? Sara? The witness?
The witness is not helpful to the prosecution. She’s going along with everything Rashbaum asks her, when there are in fact alternate explanations. “Yes, yes that’s absolutely right. Katie DID get 2k a month. She DID get paid differently from Rivera.” Etc.

Rashbaum gets people to say things that aren’t true, and then he uses that to impeach other people who are actually telling the truth. He’s done it repeatedly.

What just happened? Did I hear someone felt sick?
Wendi did after she threw up at the dinner.

Why is the state putting so much stock in these musings by LaCasse. The evidence is that there was a dinner. Nobody but him says it’s a celebration. That’s so easy to discount, and yet the state keeps bringing it up with no proof but the word of LaCasse. And it doesn’t really help their case, anyway.

re the Celebration Dinner
Anybody really believe that Wendi vomited at the table from the final text here?

For me, it's what you'd advise for a friend you thought was likely to get a bad hangover
Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 19.44.24.png

Why is the state putting so much stock in these musings by LaCasse. The evidence is that there was a dinner. Nobody but him says it’s a celebration. That’s so easy to discount, and yet the state keeps bringing it up with no proof but the word of LaCasse. And it doesn’t really help their case, anyway.
No. Someone in court a few minutes ago announced out loud they were sick. I rewound.

Maybe she had too much to drink? She obviously needed water, Gatorade, and advil, which happens when you drink too much or vomit.
yep, cross-posted with my edit.
Never heard of taking Advill for a nervous, unsettled stomach.

Recall Lacasse saying in trial 1 or 2 that Wendi drank wine every night even though she claimed not to frequent licquor stores etc

I thought Rashbaum made a good point about why would Wendi tell LaCasse about this dinner when they were broken up by then. They had that little scene outside after yoga before the murder where it was over.

yep, cross-posted with my edit.
Never heard of taking Advill for a nervous, unsettled stomach.

Recall Lacasse saying in trial 1 or 2 that Wendi drank wine every night even though she claimed not to frequent licquor stores etc
They probably got drink celebrating. She says it was the first time she’d been out since the murder.

I thought Rashbaum made a good point about why would Wendi tell LaCasse about this dinner when they were broken up by then. They had that little scene outside after yoga before the murder where it was over.
He’s testified before that they did speak after the murder. But I don’t think that was made clear in this trial at all.

In general, Rashbaum is better than Katie’s attorneys. He gets paid more. State attorneys, who don’t get paid a lot, are not used to going up against attorneys who get paid a lot. That’s the problem with wealthy Defendants, and why they sometimes get off. It’s not a fair fight. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member