FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, Rashbaum is better than Katie’s attorneys. He gets paid more. State attorneys, who don’t get paid a lot, are not used to going up against attorneys who get paid a lot. That’s the problem with wealthy Defendants, and why they sometimes get off. It’s not a fair fight. JMO.
I think they just have more resources as well - jury consultants, etc…

I thought Rashbaum made a good point about why would Wendi tell LaCasse about this dinner when they were broken up by then. They had that little scene outside after yoga before the murder where it was over.
Wendi is the kind of widow who says in public, that her murdered ex is a "LateEx Spouse' so nothing she said would surprise me. She thinks she's queen of the quips and I do not think she ever thought Lacasse would turn on her.

She also might have been on the wine when she told Lacasse. Loose-lips.

In general, Rashbaum is better than Katie’s attorneys. He gets paid more. State attorneys, who don’t get paid a lot, are not used to going up against attorneys who get paid a lot. That’s the problem with wealthy Defendants, and why they sometimes get off. It’s not a fair fight. JMO.
I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s true. They just have a lot more money/time to work with. A lot of really good criminal defense attorneys first worked in the public defenders office.

also, I am not impressed with Charlie’s attorney, at all. With all his alleged money you’d think he would have best of the best. Not seeing it.

Is she still crying that her client was convicted?? She should’ve convinced her client to take the plea deal. It sounds like Katie wants nothing to do with Tara anymore. JMO
If only. If only Katie had folded earlier. We could’ve avoided all of this, and the people who did this would all be in jail. She was a big holdup in terms of the state being able to make a case. And for what? But, hey, she’s a convicted murderer, so she’s not the most selfless I suppose.

Does anyone know if Katie is getting any time shaved off her sentence for testifying? Because what would be her incentive now?

I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s true. They just have a lot more money/time to work with. A lot of really good criminal defense attorneys first worked in the public defenders office.

also, I am not impressed with Charlie’s attorney, at all. With all his alleged money you’d think he would have best of the best. Not seeing it.

His defense is so preposterous, I couldn't believe this was the best he could come up with. But then again with all this evidence, what can he do. He doesn't have much to work with.

Charlie has used money to get his way all his life. We will see if he can use it for his biggest hurdle yet.

Charlie looks so disheveled.

If only. If only Katie had folded earlier. We could’ve avoided all of this, and the people who did this would all be in jail. She was a big holdup in terms of the state being able to make a case. And for what? But, hey, she’s a convicted murderer, so she’s not the most selfless I suppose.
It blows my mind that she actually thought she would be acquitted at her second trial.

When did she cancel the trip with LaCasse? Was it the same time as that text to Dan? And was it all at the same time as the dad’s birthday party? Hope this is all out together in closing. I forgot what LaCasse testified to as to when this all happened.

So state is saying they decided to go ahead with the hit at Harvey’s 70th bday party! That’s the day Wendi asks if Dan will be in town the 14-18 of July and asks to have the boys on the 16th. And things are set in motion that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova