DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh it looks like Mentour Lawyer published Katie’s proffer on YouTube for free. I can’t stand to listen to her poor me act! I have zero empathy for this woman. I’m sorry but she’s trying to salvage her rep and still acting like an innocent little lamb. It’s so frustrating to listen to her trying to minimize her role. I ain’t buying’ it! Like I suspected her primary concern is her reputation/everybody knowing what she did!

I’m watching the STS live stream and am appreciating Tim’s commentary and why GC didn’t object to the leading questioning at the beginning.

Tim says “no mention of his Ferrari” as he’s describing what he does, where he lives.

Charlie has definitely been well coached!

He does have that certain . . . deer caught in the headlights sort of look. It will be interesting to hear what story he spins on the stand though.
He’s nervous because he’s a victim of extortion. They hope the jury will see it that way.

Is he now claiming that these people, who could offer Dan 1mil to move and can be heard talking/texting about moving around hug amounts of cash, were not wealthy? He’s also claiming he had to borrow money from Donna. But, he’s also claiming the blackmailers knew he was some rich guy. So many inconsistencies for the state to bring out. He travels so much so he had no time to plan the murder?

He did travel a lot. Maybe he had to look everywhere around the state for people willing to let him do this. JMO. The jury doesn’t know this is not normal for dentists. But it is not. I don’t get what was in it for the dentists to have him there. Was he doing perio or just covering?

I’m watching the STS live stream and am appreciating Tim’s commentary and why GC didn’t object to the leading questioning at the beginning.

Tim says “no mention of his Ferrari” as he’s describing what he does, where he lives.

Charlie has definitely been well coached!
Why didn’t she object (if you could paraphrase here, I didn’t watch STS)

He bought the practice from his father, in 2012 -- then sold it back to him in 2014 . . . because he was too busy with his traveling periodontics practice -- I envision one of those van trucks, like mobile pet groomers use to travel to their customers' homes.

He bought the practice from his father, in 2012 -- then sold it back to him in 2014 . . . because he was too busy with his traveling periodontics practice -- I envision one of those van trucks, like mobile pet groomers use to travel to their customers' homes.
It really is too bad there aren’t dentists on the jury. I’m not a dentist, but even I thought that was strange. It’s just not done. Why would a dentist not have an office. It’s like being a traveling cardiologist and going into doctors’ offices.

How often does he see his son, I wonder? Also, the jury know knows he had a son after the arrests, after the bump, and when he knew his family was under suspicion. That, to me (JMO), is reprehensible. That poor boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper