FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With his busy practice, when did he find time to branch out . . . say, into personal photography -- self portraits -- on his phone? A true Renaissance Man.
It really is too bad there aren’t dentists on the jury. I’m not a dentist, but even I thought that was strange. It’s just not done. Why would a dentist not have an office. It’s like being a traveling cardiologist and going into doctors’ offices.

How often does he see his son, I wonder? Also, the jury know knows he had a son after the arrests, after the bump, and when he knew his family was under suspicion. That, to me (JMO), is reprehensible. That poor boy.
Good points. He said his son is five years old now.

Oh it looks like Mentour Lawyer published Katie’s proffer on YouTube for free. I can’t stand to listen to her poor me act! I have zero empathy for this woman. I’m sorry but she’s trying to salvage her rep and still acting like an innocent little lamb. It’s so frustrating to listen to her trying to minimize her role. I ain’t buying’ it! Like I suspected her primary concern is her reputation/everybody knowing what she did!
She was such a fool for not taking a deal long ago. If she thought she was protecting SG, he was already sunk by a mountain of other evidence. The crystal clear ATM photo of him and LR in the murder Prius for just one example.

Georgia and Sarah look pretty calm and unfazed.

so, he thought Dan was a good father. And (allegedly) he had him killed.

He‘s starting to talk more. I predict it’s going to get worse. “And so I said to Wendi, listen….” Like he talks.

ETA- he has admitted to a “telephone game,” Wendi would call Donna, Donna would call him, etc. This sounds familiar.

His testimony is mirroring Wendi’s so far. If he doesn’t offer any more than she did, I don’t think it’s that great for his case. I didn’t think hers was.

He bought the practice from his father, in 2012 -- then sold it back to him in 2014 . . . because he was too busy with his traveling periodontics practice -- I envision one of those van trucks, like mobile pet groomers use to travel to their customers' homes.
Remember one of DA’s badgering emails to WA about the divorce case, she went on and on by how business income was down at the practice because DA and HA were having to devote so much time to supporting waif WA. And how that was so unfair to CA as he had just purchased the practice from HA.

He bought the practice from his father, in 2012 -- then sold it back to him in 2014 . . . because he was too busy with his traveling periodontics practice -- I envision one of those van trucks, like mobile pet groomers use to travel to their customers' homes.
LOL never thought of it like that with the mobile pet groomer!

Remember one of DA’s badgering emails to WA about the divorce case, she went on and on by how business income was down at the practice because DA and HA were having to devote so much time to supporting waif WA. And how that was so unfair to CA as he had just purchased the practice from HA.
Yep. That’s some big support for the idea that the relocation meant as much, or more, to Donna as Wendi. That’s why all this stuff about how Wendi never really thought that motion would win, is not persuasive, to me.

Oh, so they tried being nice to Dan, but that didn’t work, so they had to do something not so nice…that sounds familiar.

So much of what he is saying, to me, confirms the state’s case. Much is going to depend on how convincing he is describing the extortion, how Katie came to him, how scared he was. I want to see how he does that.

ETA- if he’s making more money than his parents, why does he have to go to Donna? And for $400 a week? He didn’t have $400 a week?

Has the state ever commented on how little money that was? It still bothers me that the (alleged) insurance scam with Katie wasn’t developed by the state.

Why were they so involved and invested in her divorce?! It’s just so bizarre. Just get divorced like half of the rest of the world and move on with your life!

Oh, so they tried being nice to Dan, but that didn’t work, so they had to do something not so nice…that sounds familiar.

So much of what he is saying, to me, confirms the state’s case. Much is going to depend on how convincing he is describing the extortion, how Katie came to him, how scared he was. I want to see how he does that.
Right . . . then they tried killing him with kindness!

“When Wendi was starting out”… yes, poor single mother with hundreds of thousands in the bank… who stole her husband’s family heirloom and cleaned out their home behind his back. I cannot.
What was the family heirloom? I either forgot, or never knew about it.

They didn’t show his face when he answered that he’d never looked into hiring a hit man. Would have liked to see if he blinked or showed signs of deception. People do things when they lie, even if you’re not aware of what they are, you might get a gut feeling the person is being deceptive. At least, the jury got to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper