FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also she brings up Amy Adler’s ex as a potential suspect long before Jeff Lacasses name comes up. It’s actually WA’s friend Jane that brings up Jeff when Jane comes into the interview room.
After emailing Jeff Lacasse a "no contact" order, which was baffling to him - she went on long walks with Jane telling her about Jeff and his jealousy issues. And then Jane just happens to be in the interview with police and she asks Jane "who would do this???" And right on cue, Jane offers up Jeff Lacasse.

"I see why he is a good suspect. And Jane thought of him right away but I didn't. I don't know why that is. I wasn't trying to be protective of him, I even thought of my own family."

I mean....like everything else. These are CRAZY circumstances. And even crazier when you add in the fact that she was having hours of conversations with her friends that week but also so sick with laryngitis that she couldnt talk to Dan Markel all week.

It really is. Never in my life would I have imagined thinking a gang member would be such a solid, reliable, credible witness until I saw and heard LR on the stand in the first trial.
The 2nd KM proffer is out and all it does is reinforce to me that the two partners in crime here are CA and KM.

My concern is that jurors will speculate that the two individuals already convicted are the worst of the worst humans when in reality, that title belongs squarely with the two who cleaned up and appeared before them: KM and CA.

IN proffer #2 dated 11-28-22, KM continues to play dumb when we know that she did not play dumb with CA. She wanted CA to believe they were equals and he could trust her. Of course he used her but she put herself in that situation -- not LE.

In fact, she begins the proffer pretending she doesn't know why she is there and when they tell her that her attorney called them and requested the meeting -- she pretends she's in the dark and maybe the attorneys forgot to tell her!

Such a waste of time after 6 years! I hope she does not get a single benefit from this agreement. MOO

ETA: She can't give them CA in full because she knows CA can bury her because she was there right beside him formulating the details. It had nothing to do with protecting the father of her children. She wouldn't have commissioned SG if that was the case.

Last edited:
The 2nd KM proffer is out and all it does is reinforce to me that the two partners in crime here are CA and KM.

My concern is that jurors will speculate that the two individuals already convicted are the worst of the worst humans when in reality, that title belongs squarely with the two who cleaned up and appeared before them: KM and CA.

IN proffer #2 dated 11-28-22, KM continues to play dumb when we know that she did not play dumb with CA. She wanted him to believe they were equals and he could trust her. Of course he used her but she put herself in that situation -- not LE.

In fact, she begins the proffer pretending she doesn't know why she is there and when they tell her that her attorney called them and requested the meeting -- she pretends she's in the dark and maybe the attorneys forgot to tell her!

Such a waste of time after 6 years! I hope she does not get a single benefit from this agreement. MOO

ETA: She can't give them CA in full because she knows CA can bury her because she was there right beside him formulating the details. It had nothing to do with protecting the father of her children. She wouldn't have commissioned SG if that was the case.
Only thing I can think of is that emotionally and socially she cannot admit her role. To the extent she still has any relationship with her children or anyone else, she may think she'll lose that. If you admit to planning a murder for money, where does that leave you? It's monstrous. JMO.

Such an evil family. Robert Adelson must be thanking his lucky stars everyday - has Robert done any interviews and given his opinion on the murder ? I just looked him up, and he has 128 4.9 star google reviews as an ENT in Albany. lol
Charlie said today that Robert was NOT Donna's favorite child. She should have asked if thats because hes the only one in the family who was asking questions about who might have killed Dan? Is it because he's the only one who wants justice for Dan Markel?

I was disappointed in the cross today. It stopped at an awkward point that left me thinking "This is it?"; as if it was a cliffhanger.

I like Georgia and think she is a great lawyer. I think her problem is that she realized that Charlie has had almost a decade to study the evidence against him and concoct an answer for each potential question. He has also had 2 trials to study for his own.

Just think about it. Charlie is a doctor. That takes YEARS. I googled and it said it takes 11 years to be a periodontist. He is a scholar and studied his butt off to achieve his goal. If he wants something he will work hard to get it.

But now onto his biggest challenge: his freedom. He paid attention to the news, got himself lawyers he paid millions for, and studied just like he did in college for his biggest hurdle yet.

His answers sound great and he doesn't hesitate. That is how well rehearsed he is. His lawyer gave him all the evidence and he made an answer for each one. He studied and adapted his story to fit the evidence.

The same evidence they used against Katherine is mostly the same evidence they used against Charlie. So he has known the answers for years. It is his truth because at this point even he believe it. He was like Daniel Day-Lewis studying for his next Oscar nomination role.

This is what Georgia was up against. There wasn't much she could do. I think she just needs to let the jury know why he was so well rehearsed. This was basically like studying for his second degree. And this time he made sure he will get all A's.

I am nervous. But hope Daniel Markel gets justice.

IN proffer #2 dated 11-28-22, KM continues to play dumb when we know that she did not play dumb with CA. She wanted CA to believe they were equals and he could trust her. Of course he used her but she put herself in that situation -- not LE.

They both used each other. KM and CA…

Such an evil family. Robert Adelson must be thanking his lucky stars everyday - has Robert done any interviews and given his opinion on the murder ? I just looked him up, and he has 128 4.9 star google reviews as an ENT in Albany. lol
RA talked about his family and the murder in the the Over My Dead Body: Tally podcast that aired in early 2019 (his wife spoke too). Other than that not aware of any other interviews. In the Steven B Epstein book Extreme Punishment, it says RA was interviewed by the FBI and stated he was no longer close to his siblings, that CA was cold and flashy, had a lot of money, and disliked DM.

After emailing Jeff Lacasse a "no contact" order, which was baffling to him - she went on long walks with Jane telling her about Jeff and his jealousy issues. And then Jane just happens to be in the interview with police and she asks Jane "who would do this???" And right on cue, Jane offers up Jeff Lacasse.

"I see why he is a good suspect. And Jane thought of him right away but I didn't. I don't know why that is. I wasn't trying to be protective of him, I even thought of my own family."

I mean....like everything else. These are CRAZY circumstances. And even crazier when you add in the fact that she was having hours of conversations with her friends that week but also so sick with laryngitis that she couldnt talk to Dan Markel all week.
Omg the laryngitis! Too true.

It’s interesting in the police interview she says she hasn’t seen Dan in person since before she went to Miami with the boys at the end of June. With the exception of seeing him through the window of Whole Foods when she had the boys two nights before the murder and she turned away from going into Whole Foods because she didn’t want to talk to him.

LR has actually spoken of remorse. Which is more than any other others have done.

The murder was something that stuck with him in the days afterward. Garcia came over to try and help him calm his nerves.

“I was in my house drinking one day and I was so mad. I was thinking about the murder and it was just hitting me. Hitting me,” he said. “I didn’t do it. How the *advertiser censored** can you walk around here like that. Something that you did and you walk around here like everything is alright.

“I couldn’t sleep thinking about that and those kids.”

Investigators pressed Rivera whether the money could have been payment for anything else.

“The money was for the murder,” he said. “That’s the final answer. The money is for the murder.”

LR has actually spoken of remorse. Which is more than any other others have done.

The murder was something that stuck with him in the days afterward. Garcia came over to try and help him calm his nerves.

“I was in my house drinking one day and I was so mad. I was thinking about the murder and it was just hitting me. Hitting me,” he said. “I didn’t do it. How the *advertiser censored** can you walk around here like that. Something that you did and you walk around here like everything is alright.

Investigators pressed Rivera whether the money could have been payment for anything else.

“The money was for the murder,” he said. “That’s the final answer. The money is for the murder.”
Yes! I heard an interview by LR's attorney Collins discussing how LR was having nightmares and trouble sleeping and became repulsed by SG continuing to carry on (high as ever) as if they never traveled to Tallahassee and left and man with two bullets in his head sitting inside his garage. He was equally disgusted that KM and SG were flat broke again within months of Dan's murder.

Thank you for sharing this.

The oldest brother, Robert, is estranged from his family and has said that DA is "evil". He's a doctor; in med school, he fell in love with a fellow student whom DA disapproved of because she's originally from India. DA wanted RA to marry a white Jewish girl; she manipulated him into breaking off with his gf and marrying a girl she approved of. After a couple of months, RA decided he wasn't going to let his mom dictate his life, divorced his wife and got back with his gf from medical school, whom he married. They're both living in upstate New York with their kids, both practicing medicine, and they have no contact with DA, HA, WA or CA, although RA was Facebook friends with DM.
Wow. This says a LOT about how overbearing and overinvolved DA is in her children's lives. Frankly she disgusts me. TBH

It really is. Never in my life would I have imagined thinking a gang member would be such a solid, reliable, credible witness until I saw and heard LR on the stand in the first trial.

I did not expect LR will be needed in Charlie's trial especially Charlie had nothing to do with LR. Usually the middleman should be the star witness because she knows both parties (Adelson and the 2 hitmen) but it turns out she was used as a pawn like JL (or maybe she's lying again, who knows)

I hope she doesn’t get a benefit either. Like when you’re up for parole you have to have remorse - she should have to have the same standards. She has none clearly and is still trying to distance herself from planning and orchestrating a murder - which we know she did!

IN proffer #2 dated 11-28-22, KM continues to play dumb when we know that she did not play dumb with CA. She wanted him to believe they were equals and he could trust her. Of course he used her but she put herself in that situation -- not LE.

I've only seen the first - and as I said before she needs years added onto her life sentence for making them listen to her nonsense, ha. It was aggravating.

Unless her second is way better I just don't see them reducing that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8