FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the Prius makes no sense, to me. I remember hearing somewhere that they may have been told to rent a Prius because they were going to a college town and they thought that a lot of people would be liberal and environmentally conscious there, so the Prius would be a common car there and they would blend in. Does anyone else remember that? It is so weird- the rental agency they used specifically ONLY rented Priuses. Like, there must be a million other car rental places in Miami where you can rent all kinds of cars. Why go to such a limited and specific agency if you weren’t deliberately seeking to rent a Prius? I believe this agency was right near KM’s house, so it could simply have been a matter of convenience. But to me it’s strange. Those cars have a very distinct profile and weren’t common then at all; they aren’t even that common now. And metallic green? Could they have thought it was silver? So many questions.

They would have been better off in a nondescript white panel van heading up I-95 and then across I-10 to Tally.

I don't think CA willhave a target on his back because of the gang connection. He will be targeted for extortion because he's a soft rich white boy. I would be really surprised if he didn't set up power of attorney with a lawyer or friend and use them to transfer money into other commissary accounts to pay for protection. So, he'll be relatively safe for a while, until whatever gang he's paying starts upping the bill and requiring outside payments.
He did mention this other in a jail call soon as the trial was over that he needed money in his account. Not sure if that is to pay for the calls or today someone off.

Well sadly they may never come around and live their lives with the belief the Adelson's were innocent and unfairly targeted. There's a case in Australia where a lawyer killed his lawyer wife, he was found not guilty (he's guilty) and his teenage daughters stuck by him during the multiple trials and continue to stick by him 10 years later.

That said, the evidence against him was weak, the evidence against all 4 Adelsons is much stronger and impossible to ignore.
The Peterson kids were on his side during his doc he did, but if you go on YT you will hear one of his sons ranting about his guilt (if it’s still up).

In my opinion Charlie didn’t do it for his sister. He did it for his mother.

As for why they couldn’t move to Tallahassee, well, to me it seems like these people looked down on Tallahassee and didn’t want their daughter to live there. Yes, I believe they wanted to be closer to their daughter, but I also think a big part of their motivation was getting their daughter out of Tallahassee. JMO.
Rich people live on the beach in 2mil condos. Jewish people stay together. It’s always been that way. Tallahassee would not be an option for Donna and Wendi hated it as well. Sadly, that is why DM died.

Thank you!

I think most of the stresses would be the same in every country. Mouths are small, people-patients, staff and families, as well as ourselves-are complicated, biology can be unpredictable. Dentists are a profession that it seems socially acceptable to dislike, not only within the practice, either. I had a girlfriend tell me about an emergency dental visit her adult daughter had last week-dentist phobic, needle phobic, thinks x rays are a rip off-how can you diagnose or treat her pain? I'm only speculating here, but I would think she would object to the chair going all the way back, (prob quite loudly), complain about the taste of the pre rinse, be unable or unwilling to keep her mouth open, and thrust her tongue around during the visit. In addition, most of us are perfectionists.

The cost of dental schools in the USA is much higher than Australia, dentists graduating there can have enormous loans. And in the USA there is the terrible insurances. These things would be stresses too
The reason why many dentists are going into Botox and fillers.4 times more money for 1/4 of the workload

The post refers to a recording made by the FBI in 2016, of Charlie and Harvey at a sushi restaurant called Matsuri, and a subsequent conversation the next day which was recorded pursuant to the wiretap on Donna’s and Charlie’s phones. Both the recording of the Matsuri lunch and the phone recording from the following day were played at Charlie’s trial.
That wasn’t the call when Harvey said he couldnt go to work, and Donna said he was up till 5:30 AM.

They would have been better off in a nondescript white panel van heading up I-95 and then across I-10 to Tally.
Right! You would think the Inca of the Latin Kings, a criminal street gang, and a self-proclaimed Jackboy would be better at this. Smh. Even Jodi Arias had a better plan. She brought her own gasoline and took the plates off the car!!

I thought the reason why they had to rent the Prius is because that was the only available car at that time. It was Luis Rivera who rented the Prius (July 2014) while Sigfredo did rent a Nissan Altima on the first trip (June 2014)
I thought the theory was they (SG and LR) rented a car like one that belonged to Lacasse, as part of the attempt to pin this on him. Thank goodness he left town earlier than planned and the timeline that Wendi asked JL asked when she when she last saw him prior to the murder.

New call upload
tedious but short.
only interesting bit is Charlie making excuses for Wendi and making up reasons for her being incommunicado for so long. ' I guess you have to get clearance to be okay before we talk.'

Also claims that the public were lying to get onto the jury, because it's such a famous case. SMH.

BTW it's the same Alex P whom the parents refer to in an earlier call that day, he was in the condo lobby and was doing some business for them ( Donna had said that he'd been dropping off paperwork for them and said Alex had said the verdict was a joke. Years ago, Alex sold Charlie a building/unit. Charlie wants Alex's help to get Adam to ' do the right thing' and info is being passed via Rashbaum. Charlie had said ' Adam owes me big time')

Last edited:
OT I don’t know if this is allowed so mods pls remove if this violates the WS rules. And I also want to stress WS is, always has been my go-to, and will continue to be. Since I am apparently obsessed with this case, especially regarding WA lately, I’m watching tons of YT videos and reading a ton of stuff. There is a thread on Reddit entitled “I’m convinced the direct motive for the crime was Wendi’s fear …” (it’s a long heading). It is a fascinating post (some points which I had also already felt), and the ensuing discussion. If you have time. It’s long … I’m not even through it yet. And such a busy weekend with Christmas around the corner I’m sure lots of people might miss it altogether. MOO

I thought the reason why they had to rent the Prius is because that was the only available car at that time. It was Luis Rivera who rented the Prius (July 2014) while Sigfredo did rent a Nissan Altima on the first trip (June 2014)
If the evidence was that they went to a regular rental car agency and the only car available was a Prius, that might make sense. But they rented the car from a Prius rental agency. I find it hard to believe that the only rental car agency open was one that only rented Priuses. In my opinion either they are among the stupidest criminals alive or they went to that agency for a reason. Possibly the reason was that the agency was close by and they simply didn’t consider how easily identifiable a Prius would be. But who knows, Katie doesn’t seem to have addressed that in her proffer. But the “Rent a Hybrid” agency part of this story has always jumped out at me as one of the weirder parts.

Or, like, one of the thousand black/silver Honda Accord type cars that are literally everywhere. They did rent such a silver sedan the first time. So many cars now are black or silver, and they rented a green one.

Rich people live on the beach in 2mil condos. Jewish people stay together. It’s always been that way. Tallahassee would not be an option for Donna and Wendi hated it as well. Sadly, that is why DM died.
Dan did manage to find a thriving Jewish community in Tallahassee. It’s not Miami, but it’s the state capital and home to a large university, so it probably has a larger Jewish community than the typical small southern town would. Dan belonged to three synagogues there. They lived in a wealthy neighborhood with larger homes.

In fact, I think I heard or read somewhere that Dan actually liked the idea of being part of a smaller Jewish community where he could take a bigger role. He was fine staying in Tallahassee.

But, yeah, Tallahassee doesnt seem to me to be Donna and Harvey’s kind of place, and we know they didn’t want Wendi there. Listen to how Donna and Charlie talk about the place even now, in these jail calls.

The reason why many dentists are going into Botox and fillers.4 times more money for 1/4 of the workload
I wouldn’t personally get Botox or fillers from anyone who isn’t an MD specializing in the muscles and skin of the entire face and with a keen aesthetic sense, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. They do it at my eye doctor’s now. No thank you! Not worth whatever money you save.

That wasn’t the call when Harvey said he couldnt go to work, and Donna said he was up till 5:30 AM.
Oh, ok. I’m not sure of the exact sequence of the calls. I thought the original poster was saying that the call where Donna said Harvey couldn’t go to work happened after the Matsuri lunch.

I thought the theory was they (SG and LR) rented a car like one that belonged to Lacasse, as part of the attempt to pin this on him. Thank goodness he left town earlier than planned and the timeline that Wendi asked JL asked when she when she last saw him prior to the murder.
The Prius does not look like the car Jeff drove, IMO, a Prius has a specific and readily identifiable silhouette unique to that particular car. (Perhaps they did not think about that). Arguably the one they rented for the first trip did look like Jeff’s.

There's an excellent video here on the different cars, including photos of the rental places, and what was available.

This includes another car that was linked to the murder (seen behind Daniel Markel's house with two Latino guys snooping around)- but hasn't been confirmed- this was in July 2014- and guess what, it's (another) 4-door grey import.

To me all these cars look very similar, the video makes the case, and I don't understand how anyone could look at this video and not see impossible coincidences. The fact that LR doesn't remember the details is not surprising to me, nor that important. I believe the drug dealer witness reported overhearing SG and LR talking on the phone to someone (probably KM)- some kind of disagreement or discussion about the car...

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart criminals do not rent a uniquely colored Toyota Prius and drive on toll roads on the way to a murder.
Or avoid talking to/meeting their ex-spouse for over a week and then suddenly decide to drive right in front of their house within 1 hour of their ex-spouse's murder. But upon seeing lots of police activity and crime scene tape (she even says she saw the tape..3 different stories, depending on which trial you watched), backs away (in her own easily recognized vehicle) after being spotted by police officers ( one who's wife drives the same style vehicle.) This raised eyebrows because it is classic criminal behavior to visit the crime scene. And despite a pending lunch date, has to make a hasty shopping trip to a liquor store in the area (never hurts to have a sales recipt when proving an alibi...right Columbo? Or a lame reason to be in the neighborhood, far from your next scheduled lunch engagement...sure feces Sherlock!) Heaven forbid in her busy and hectic, entirely planned day. She could have put off purchasing the liquor after her luncheon date, right? (Bulliet bourbon was merely a suggested selection... the invite stated one could bring a selection of choice. Heck, I'm not going to turn a person away...show up with a six pack and you're in baby!) She wasn't working that day and wasn't going to pick up the children for another 3 hours...so why make a circuitous, out-of-the-way route at that time???
CA claims, "what are the odds? One in 10,000?" Not even close Charlie, I think the 2014 odds were closer to 1 in 187,189!

If this theory is true, then WA was involved and knew prior to the murder as how else would SG/LR have found out what year/make/model of vehicle JL drove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member