FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SLICK762....noticed you are new to WS. Welcome!!! (the day after DA's arrest at the airport?) I think CA will spend a lot of time bulking up at the prison gym. IMO He's more physical than bookish. The past use of steroids has a "lasting affect" of being able to build more muscle mass, even after no longer using. I think you are spot on the money for protection...right up CA's alley as he is an expert on extortion, willing to pay large sums, and have sex with the person who extorted him.(Big eye roll.)
What about this case intrigues you the most? (And it doesn't have to be just one thing, either.)
I would ask the same for all on this forum: What intrigues you the most about this case?? (If you want me to go first, I will.)
CA can bulk up as much as he wants. Surviving and thriving in prison is about gangs and protection. Even the baddest guy in the yard can get shanked in the back. He's a first-time convict at 47 who's never been in a violent situation. He's almost certainly never taken a punch to the face since grade school. The crew running his cell block will have him crying and calling mom with a couple slaps.
His only option is to get in with a gang, and pay for protection. And even then, he'll be nothing more than a money source to them and they'll squeeze him dry as fast as they can. 100 a month to a commissary account will quickly escalate to 1k payments to a relative outside.

Well sadly they may never come around and live their lives with the belief the Adelson's were innocent and unfairly targeted. There's a case in Australia where a lawyer killed his lawyer wife, he was found not guilty (he's guilty) and his teenage daughters stuck by him during the multiple trials and continue to stick by him 10 years later.

That said, the evidence against him was weak, the evidence against all 4 Adelsons is much stronger and impossible to ignore.
OJ’s kids still think he didn’t do it, according to what I’ve heard.

new upload
This guy is so bizarre -- is he at all capable of understanding that he made bad decisions? The codependency. The victim mentality. The arrested development. The entitlement. Decisions have consequences -- it doesn't seem that's ever been taught to him.

In other phone calls: "his" sex toys are all over his condo? Did he use them alone? IMHO, this guy is a real whack job.

He's like someone we know in SC -- all the privilege, opportunity, and education could have done so much good in the world but instead it's all about self gratification, using people, and unethical, immoral, and illegal behavior. No moral compass.

And seems, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Moo. Moo. Moo!

Last edited:
Just a quick throwback from the wire taps in light of Harvey’s phone and iPad being seized. After Harvey meets with Charlie at Matsuri he goes home and he’s up until 5:30 am, couldn’t sleep. He tells Donna I can’t do it….meaning I can’t make it to work. The Domestic Coordinator calls The Institute and cancels his day. She tells Charlie Dad is in bad shape.
95b8a8584e4d64370f902aeafebb123f_w200.gif

Just a quick throwback from the wire taps in light of Harvey’s phone and iPad being seized. After Harvey meets with Charlie at Matsuri he goes home and he’s up until 5:30 am, couldn’t sleep. He tells Donna I can’t do it….meaning I can’t make it to work. The Domestic Coordinator calls The Institute and cancels his day. She tells Charlie Dad is in bad shape.
95b8a8584e4d64370f902aeafebb123f_w200.gif
I'm sorry, when was this? Year? Date? Source?

Very interesting detail, just want to understand it in context.

It’s on one of the days where Pat Sanford was on direct exam and Georgia is playing the calls back to back. It comes after she plays the Matsuri audio/video. You’ll have to try to find it if you want to hear the call I’m too lazy to do it right now! :)

The post refers to a recording made by the FBI in 2016, of Charlie and Harvey at a sushi restaurant called Matsuri, and a subsequent conversation the next day which was recorded pursuant to the wiretap on Donna’s and Charlie’s phones. Both the recording of the Matsuri lunch and the phone recording from the following day were played at Charlie’s trial.

OK because I’m so awesome I found it for you. :) But it won’t let me embed the video for some reason. Ugh.

Go to 1:35:25 —-

Donna says - “He (Harvey) says he can’t function like this” haha

I’m not sure why lol, but I spent my entire 8-9 hour workday today listening to these jail calls. It is unbelievable to me how Charlie just rambles on and on about how HE was so wronged and how he didn’t do anything wrong and how great he did on the stand and how bad the prosecution was. Just unbelievable. Was this guy ever punished as a child? I don’t think so. DA and HA created this monster and they continue to coddle him on these calls and agree with everything he says. This is one SICK family and CA is exactly where he needs to be. He isn’t mentally or emotionally fit to live in society. And how does he have Bri and his current girlfriend brainwashed to believe him? It’s unbelievable…did I already say that? And I was furious about how they were talking about the Markels and how little time they spent with the boys right before CA was arrested. Omg, the absolute nerve of this disgusting Adelson family. I don’t know how the Markels have remained so kind when speaking out about all this.

I don’t believe so. Luis Rivera was head of the Latin Kings in the Miami area if I recall correctly. Sig wasn’t a member.
Luis was the head of the north Miami branch of the Latin Kings. He testified that SG was not a Latin King and that the killing of Dan Markel was not a latin king's job. He said: i'm a jackboy. I rob drug dealers.

I’m not sure why lol, but I spent my entire 8-9 hour workday today listening to these jail calls. It is unbelievable to me how Charlie just rambles on and on about how HE was so wronged and how he didn’t do anything wrong and how great he did on the stand and how bad the prosecution was. Just unbelievable. Was this guy ever punished as a child? I don’t think so. DA and HA created this monster and they continue to coddle him on these calls and agree with everything he says. This is one SICK family and CA is exactly where he needs to be. He isn’t mentally or emotionally fit to live in society. And how does he have Bri and his current girlfriend brainwashed to believe him? It’s unbelievable…did I already say that? And I was furious about how they were talking about the Markels and how little time they spent with the boys right before CA was arrested. Omg, the absolute nerve of this disgusting Adelson family. I don’t know how the Markels have remained so kind when speaking out about all this.
It is like he totally forgot that it was his money that paid for the hit.

The RICO indictment of the Feds alleges that Luis Rivera, aka King Tato, was one of the 5 crown members of the vast South Florida Chapter. It is alleged that King Tato was the Inca, the first crown, at the time of his arrest because the Feds got relatively scant dirt on him due to the other members’ shielding. Combined with his plea deal related to the Dan Markel Murder, King Tato got 19 years.

On the one hand, the Leon County State Attorneys would not have succeeded to climb the “Solicitation and Conspiracy to Commit Murder” tree up to Charles and Donna Adelson if it were not for King Tato’s cooperation with law enforcement. On the other hand, King Tato is the most experienced and dangerous criminal among all criminals involved with the murder of Dan Markel.

Attachments

• King Tato.png
    King Tato.png
    511.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Luis %22King Tato%22 Rivera.png
    Luis %22King Tato%22 Rivera.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 26
Sigfredo may not be a member of the Latin King but he does have shady connections to these gang members in the hood. He's smart and was able to track down Markel's home, thanks to that piece of paper that he got from Charlie/Katie.

Sigfredo may not be a member of the Latin King but he does have shady connections to these gang members in the hood. He's smart and was able to track down Markel's home, thanks to that piece of paper that he got from Charlie/Katie.

Smart criminals do not rent a uniquely colored Toyota Prius and drive on toll roads on the way to a murder.

Smart criminals do not rent a uniquely colored Toyota Prius and drive on toll roads on the way to a murder.
Yep, the Prius makes no sense, to me. I remember hearing somewhere that they may have been told to rent a Prius because they were going to a college town and they thought that a lot of people would be liberal and environmentally conscious there, so the Prius would be a common car there and they would blend in. Does anyone else remember that? It is so weird- the rental agency they used specifically ONLY rented Priuses. Like, there must be a million other car rental places in Miami where you can rent all kinds of cars. Why go to such a limited and specific agency if you weren’t deliberately seeking to rent a Prius? I believe this agency was right near KM’s house, so it could simply have been a matter of convenience. But to me it’s strange. Those cars have a very distinct profile and weren’t common then at all; they aren’t even that common now. And metallic green? Could they have thought it was silver? So many questions.

Yep, the Prius makes no sense, to me. I remember hearing somewhere that they may have been told to rent a Prius because they were going to a college town and they thought that a lot of people would be liberal and environmentally conscious there, so the Prius would be a common car there and they would blend in. Does anyone else remember that? It is so weird- the rental agency they used specifically ONLY rented Priuses. Like, there must be a million other car rental places in Miami where you can rent all kinds of cars. Why go to such a limited and specific agency if you weren’t deliberately seeking to rent a Prius? I believe this agency was right near KM’s house, so it could simply have been a matter of convenience. But to me it’s strange. Those cars have a very distinct profile and weren’t common then at all; they aren’t even that common now. And metallic green? Could they have thought it was silver? So many questions.
I thought the reason why they had to rent the Prius is because that was the only available car at that time. It was Luis Rivera who rented the Prius (July 2014) while Sigfredo did rent a Nissan Altima on the first trip (June 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08