FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Markel was a lawyer who was murdered. It makes other attorneys want to see justice served for one of their own. Wendi Adelson is a lawyer whom may have been involved in a murder. This makes other attorneys want to hold her accountable if she was involved.
I can’t remember which trial but by far my favorite moment of this whole disaster was while describing to wendy her immunity. Wendi says. “The state isn’t going to decide to arrest me.” She seemed to be chuckling and smirking. I swear at that moment Georgia Cappleman vowed to take that smirk off her face.
Georgia only gets one shot at Wendi. So she’s patiently waiting to make that shot the best. She’s waiting until all the available evidence is out there. I do believe more will come out in Donna’s trial. It takes a strong person to patiently wait for anything.
Also by patiently waiting, it may be best for Lincoln and Benjamin. They get their mom for a bit longer before the boys are left without their whole Adelson family. This is catastrophic for the boys so any minimizing of the effect to them is what Dan would want. Even if it meant waiting for justice to be served.
Georgia will not be satisfied with just Charlie and Donna in jail.

I dont believe Georgia will go after Harvey. While he may have known about this he was the least involved. Hes elderly and his entire family would be in jail. Living like that is punishment enough for your ending years.

This is all just a feeling I have and not evidenced based.

I would like to see Harvey pay for his part in the murder of DM. And I do believe he was involved in the plan. And even if he is possibly the least involved and regardless of his age he should pay for being a knowing part to murder. I don't believe age should allow him a free pass. Lock him up. JMOO

Have you all read Sigfredo's denied petition? It is a fascinating insight into information we have all wondered about. First and foremost, in my opinion, it answers why he and Katie refused to cooperate.

There is an attributed quote in there about how SG said he doesn't mind staying in jail as long as his kids are being taken care of. On the one hand, it can be interpreted that he is referencing his innocence. He could potentially mean that he'll sit in jail waiting to prove he is innocent in the courts as long as his children are being taken care of. However,my interpretation is it aligns with what we have all thought- that the As are assisting his kids financially.

The exhibits to the petition are fascinating. Cliff's Notes is the appellate attorney begged him to cooperate. Georgia personally spoke with the appellate attorney and told him that she is willing to make a deal that would help both Sigfredo and katie if he would cooperate on Charlie and the rest of them. Even after his conviction. He still refused. The attorney also says it sounds like KM thinks she will win on retrial. Why would she think that?

SG's attorney said that he is being taken for a ride by these people in Miami. SG apparently was adamant that he was innocent and that everything else is a lie. The attorney said all of the evidence is to the contrary and he is trying to act in his best interest to help him get out at some point. SG's mother was apparently awful to the attorney's wife, who I presume works at his office, and so he no longer will include the mother in any correspondence. As I said, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She also moved out of state, which means that she was no longer going to be part of the kids' lives. I believe that KM's brother is raising the kids so that means they have I believe no grandparents in their lives with her mother deceased & I've never heard about either father.

SG apparently treated all of the attorneys (trial & appellate) terribly. He threw them all under the bus. My other thought was that it's possible that SG is thinking in the most selfless way as a parent. The kids are probably better off with their uncle. They won't be living in the house with an alcoholic addict, domestic violence, and a man who was in and out of jail always having a problem. If the money is paying for the kids to get what they need without he and katie struggling and fighting because of trying to make ends meet, maybe the kids really are better off. Possibly his thought is that they can stay in jail, swear that they are innocent, and the kids are better off. That really would be the most selfless act as a parent that he could do.

Another interesting tidbit was that the lawyer told him that a wiretap had Katie talking to another woman about them getting married when they got out of jail. I did not have that one on my bingo card. He did it presumably to persuade SG since he's very much in love with her. I assume that the lawyer was using that as another way to persuade Sigfredo to cooperate because katie had moved on and wasn't going to move back in with him if they all got out.

Last edited:
BBMA (ie Bolded By Me Above) Sorry to get back to this so late, but I read slowly and type slowly for the purpose of conveying accurate information and links. It was so early in the interview and easy to miss. Perhaps this will help recall from the interview I have attempted to transcribe as accurately as possible. Her exact words:
"And I talked to a guy there because I really don't buy much alcohol and so they wanted bourbon and I asked the guy. We had a whole conversation about bourbon and my eyes. Like uhm."
WA's one and only police interview (of which I am aware) on July 18, 2014 beginning at 2:50:00 timestamp and continuing till 2:56:00
Specifically this part of her lengthy interview:
WA: ABC liquors yah Beton
Det Isom: Did you make a purchase there? and that was sometime after 12
WA: Yah. Probably 12:30
Det Isom: Alright
WA:
And I talked to a guy there because I really don't buy much alcohol and so they wanted bourbon and I
asked the guy. We had a whole conversation about bourbon and my eyes. Like uhm.

Det Isom: Your eyes?
WA: He just said your eyes are really blue and
Det Isom: You have contacts?
WA: I do. Uhm, but I just remembered it. uhm. So I bought the bourbon and got some gas on Thomasville and met my friends at Mosaic.

As soon by as I read your bold text, I recalled her saying that. I’m not really sure it means anything other than what many have pointed out in the past that she just over explains things and adds way too much detail.

Why would Wendi agree to an unnecessary and very protracted TV repair orchestrated by the now-indicted family members on the day/time of the murder, which is also the code word for the murder? The TV could not be repaired, and she insisted on waiting for the absurd melodrama with the repair guy which took place a long time after the TV broke. I've said it before- the TV is either important and urgent enough to fix with the involvement of 2 people far away, or it is utterly unimportant and would be thrown away. Donna's "this TV is 5" completely implicates Wendi when you consider the very unnatural way the TV repair and associated communication play out. For me, that is enough to convict WA. I just don't see how DA and CA could talk her into delaying the repair to time it with Dan's limited availability and the murder, otherwise. Of course, there is also other circumstantial evidence. The TV repair is just the part that absolutely defies all logic to me. "This is sweet" further seals the deal. Is that how you would say thank you for a TV repair that could not and did not happen, and then delete the message and calendar item?

I know Websleuths has tenacious "hard evidence" folks, and I truly appreciate the meticulous work done by these minds. I also know, though, that in almost every trial, the prosecuting attorney will say to the jury, "Don't check your common sense at the door."

As humans we know when someone is horribly off, and it is a huge problem for WA that she was needlessly cruel to the Markel family in the days and years following Dan's death. It indicates to me that she is a person capable of tremendous cruelty in other ways. Murdering-level cruelty. That might not be evidence of the crime, just evidence of her capacity for it. Aren't we all just exclaiming, "Who does that?" about her behavior toward these devastated and grieving parents?

You can't really square up this behavior with the persona WA is trying to sell publicly. I would not find her credible due to the contrast. That is one of the primary responsibilities of a juror; to determine the credibility of witnesses, and factor that into determining the value of evidence. It is the problem of every involved Adelson that they are so surface-oriented that hideous behavior has been normalized within the confines of the family, and they don't realize how apalling it appears to others. I've been calling it, "Folie A Quatre."
Well said. The problem is that much of the evidence against her is inferential. I would be concerned as the state attorney, and you add to the mix the fact that she is attractive and younger. You could end up with a Casey Anthony situation. But I'm hoping that there is a lot more from all the devices and, potentially, some other cooperation from other co-conspirators that will provide even more. A smart jury would conclude exactly what you said. The totality of the circumstances overwhelmingly show her involvement. Reason number one is how enmeshed that family was. Show the texts and the calls between DA and CA convincing her not to buy the house in tally. Play the taps of the calls between them plotting to make her see how great Dave was for her. Does anyone think in 1 million years as close as they all were that they would take out the father of her kids without her permission?

Driving by the crime scene after is hugely damning as is the fact that she told LE driving from the lunch when they picked her up to bring her back for the interview that, IN THE CAR WITH THEM, was the first time she heard the message from DM. DM left a voicemail for her regarding what they were to discuss about the school and him taking them swimming at 9:02 AM. HE TELLS WENDI HE IS LEAVING THE GYM AT 10:30. I've posted this elsewhere, but this is huge.

Charlie tried her at 9:12 AM. She called Charlie back at 9:19 AM. That was the 18 minute phone call. She also went on to call other people that morning. My point is that she told police she didn't know that Dan had called because she turned her ringer off because she was busy with the Best Buy guy. First, what parent turns their phone off when their kids are not with them. There would be no way to get in touch with you as the mom if something happens to your son. Second, the phone call and Voicemail would be on her home screen when she called Charlie only a few minutes later. Her feigning that she didn't know that Dan called her is a lie. The notification would have shown Jibbers on her phone. He tells her he is leaving the gym at 10:30.

She then speaks to Charlie for 18 minutes. Does anyone doubt that she passed along that message? Charlie then calls Donna and then Katie, all before 11. We do know that the killers were tracking Dan that morning anyway, so you could argue they followed him so knew he left.

WA also claimed in that police interview that in that 18 minute call with Charlie, CA said she should not be mad about Dan taking the kids swimming and should just let them go with their dad at 4:30. The truth is, since the calls were not recorded, we don't know what was said in those calls. It will be fascinating to see what the Best Buy guy was privy to. Did she stand in the same room with him speaking to Charlie? Did she go into another room to speak to Charlie?

The other thing is that I don't see the complete record of calls from KM to SG. I do not see where KM called Sigfredo after her call with Charlie that morning. SG calls Km at 12:30, after. I attribute that to a burner phone possibly conveying the information about 10:30. Also, I do not know if there is a way, and I assume that there is, to see when WA actually first heard Dan's Voicemail message that he left at 9:02 that morning. I have no doubt that it was right after he left it, but the question is, can it be proven?

Last edited:
Sigfredo's appeal. It might be old, but I hadn't seen it. He attached some really interesting letters from his appellate attorney.

GARDENISTA...The letters are bombshell stuff!!! So even SigGar's appellate attorney thinks he has not spilled the "whole pot of beans on the Adelsons." Even though "CA" is mentioned once, the gist is always "The A's" as if they are one group in concert. One letter also implies his children "are being provided for financially"!! Wow, just wow. And KM planning to marry another woman when she is released?? Hmmm, I can see why KM would want to change teams after her last two relationships..CA & SigGar. Maybe it is time for a change?
No question as to why there is so much interest in this case...no kidding. Below is just a snippet of one of the letters:
"There is one other thing that needs to be discussed. You might want to try to help yourself by providing the prosecution with information about the case in order to try to get your sentence reduced. In other words, the prosecutors might want you to provide information and testimony about other people, toinclude your co-defendant and anyone else who planned, funded or helped inthe homicide. From what I can tell, the prosecutors feel that the Adelsons planned and funded the murder, but they are having difficulty proving it. Apparently, your co-defendant thinks she can beat the case and still not giveup the Adelsons. That is a very dangerous assumption for her to make."

Last edited:
GARDENISTA...The letters are bombshell stuff!!! So even SigGar's appellate attorney thinks he has not spilled the "whole pot of beans on the Adelsons." Even though "CA" is mentioned once, the gist is always "The A's" as if they are one group in concert. One letter also implies his children "are being provided for financially"!! Wow, just wow. And KM planning to marry another woman when she is released?? Hmmm, I can see why KM would want to change teams after her last two relationships..CA & SigGar. Maybe it is time for a change?
I had not seen that anyone else posted about SG’s appeal. I just made a whole post about it because there is so much in there. I said that you can certainly argue both ways what Sigfredo meant when he said his children were being taken care of so he was OK staying in jail. You could argue that he is innocent, Katie‘s brother is taking good care of them, so he is fine with sitting in jail, waiting to prove his innocence. However, I took it the other way. To me, it said that the As are paying to take care of the kids, and that has bought the silence of both Katie and Sigfredo. That’s how I interpreted it also.

The fact that the attorney says that Georgia offered to meet with them to give a good deal to both Sigfredo and katie for their cooperation on Charlie and they refused. That was after Sigfredo‘s conviction. I also said that it could be that Sigfredo was being very selfless as a parent, and it is in the kids‘ best interest to stay with Katie‘s brother. SG is always in and out of jail, an alcoholic, and an addict, domestic violence in that home, and maybe it really is better for the kids. It will be very interesting to see what his true motivation is one day.

Last edited:
I had not seen that anyone else posted about SG’s appeal. I just made a whole post about it because there is so much in there. I said that you can certainly argue both ways what Sigfredo meant when he said his children were being taken care of so he was OK staying in jail. You could argue that he is innocent, Katie‘s brother is taking good care of them, so he is fine with sitting in jail, waiting to prove his innocence. However, I took it the other way. To me, it said that the As are paying to take care of the kids, and that has bought the silence of both Katie and Sigfredo. That’s how I interpreted it also.

The fact that the attorney says that Georgia offered to meet with them to give a good deal to both Sigfredo and katie for their cooperation on Charlie and they refused. That was after Sigfredo‘s conviction. I also said that it could be that Sigfredo was being very selfless as a parent, and it is in the kids‘ best interest to stay with Katie‘s brother. He is always in and out of jail, an alcoholic, and an addict, domestic violence in that home, and maybe it really is better for the kids. It will be very interesting to see what his true motivation is one day.
MissyALWAYSrocks5! Thank you for your insight. Just wondering why Sig would ever want to get out if he thinks the kids are better off with KM's brother? (the "M" man must be a saint to handle so much responsibility!) Sig doen't want to be a snitch and gets LWOP, and Night Club CA snitches and gets LWOP, too. Amazing outcomes.

These letters are very interesting. It appears that the attorney thinks that Sig has information on Charlie and possibly other family members. To me that is interesting because at least at the beginning it always looked to me like Katie did not tell Charlie Sig was doing the hit, and Katie did not tell Sig the hit was for Charlie. This has always made sense to me because it appears Sig hated Charlie, and because Rivera said Sig told him they were doing for “a lady, Wendi.” It would appear from the attorney’s letters at some point either Katie told him the whole story or he figured it out.

Also interesting is the fact that the attorney notes that Sig seems to believe that his kids are being taken care of, and that he Is doing his time in order to make sure they will continue to be, if I read it correctly. Does this mean that he has been told that the A’s are taking care of the children? It was my impression that the state had looked into those possible financial arrangements and didn’t find anything. Could this be something Katie told him? Could Sig just be worried that Katie’s brother wouldn’t continue to care for the kids if Sig testified against Katie? All interesting questions.

Which brings me to my final point- the attorney says she has spoken to Georgia and that the state has offered to help BOTH Sig and Katie, and that Sig will not have to testify against Katie, only against Charlie. And, apparently, according to the letters and what we know, he did not take that deal.

Also notable is the attorney’s continued use of the phrase “living in a dream world,” and her asking “are you saying you were not in the Prius” and then acknowledging all of the evidence that he was, as well as Rivera’s eyewitness testimony he was the shooter. The attorney seems convinced the state has him dead to rights, that he knows exactly who was behind this, and that he is being played by all of them. The attorney even seems to say that his guilt is obvious to basically anyone with eyes or a brain (paraphrasing).
I dont think Charlie would agree to a murder for hire unless he knew who the killer was going to be. I think for sure he knew it was Katies baby daddy. And I also think Sigfredo knew who he was doing it for. July 1 phone call to Harvey- imo no accident.

MissyALWAYSrocks5! Thank you for your insight. Just wondering why Sig would ever want to get out if he thinks the kids are better off with KM's brother? (the "M" man must be a saint to handle so much responsibility!) Sig doen't want to be a snitch and gets LWOP, and Night Club CA snitches and gets LWOP, too. Amazing outcomes.
Nowadays, with iPads, 3 meals a day, not having to work..seems a better lifestyle than how many prisoners were living prior.
It bothers me that prisoners don’t have to work in prison and can go to school. The education is important, but what about working? They really don’t have much responsibility there. It may be harder on the “outside“ for them. Paying rent, holding a job, taking care of their kids etc.

Thank you! You are always on point, too. Night Club CA lol. It is just fascinating all that there is in those letters. I hope we all get a definitive answer one day. We are reading the breadcrumbs. You are right. It could be a simple as SG didn't want to be a snitch, but you have to think that for he and katie to get a package deal, it has to be more than that. Rivera is the gang member, not Sigfredo. If Rivera was willing to stay in jail after having informed, it makes no sense whatsoever that Sigfredo would not. It has to be that they are providing for those kids.

The other interesting thing is that the Adelson money is being spread around everywhere with Attorneys. Wendi though who has nothing but money every which way she turns. The wire tap talking about her being a trust fund baby. She has millions already in the bank plus gets around $60,000 a year for not even walking out the door of her house because we the taxpayers are paying this wealthy woman money from the government to provide for her orphaned children that she orchestrated. Allegedly. Then there's the money that she gets from the life insurance from Shelly that she pays her bills with. Any money she makes at a job is just icing on the cake. Infuriating.

Last edited:
Nowadays, with iPads, 3 meals a day, not having to work..seems a better lifestyle than how many prisoners were living prior.
It bothers me that prisoners don’t have to work in prison and can go to school. The education is important, but what about working? They really don’t have much responsibility there. It may be harder on the “outside“ for them. Paying rent, holding a job, taking care of their kids etc.
Personally, I go with the opposite. I believe most prisoners do have to work (e.g. in the kitchen). If they don't have a high school diploma, they pretty much have to go for a GED, because a) the parole board looks at that, and readily deny parole if you don't; and b) without it, they won't be able to get a job on the outside, and the recidivism rate goes high.

IMO it takes discipline to get degrees or pass exams. Most prisoners need to learn internal discipline.

Many prisoners grew up in unfortunate and narrow situations. Let them look wider, learn to look inside, use critical thinking skills, figure out what good parenting looks like, learning about different perspectives, decide exactly what they want their values to be.... This is the human thing to do IMO and necessary if we expect people to do well when not in prison.

FWIW their pads aren't iPads: they're a prison version of a pad, with very restricted programming.

Well said. The problem is that much of the evidence against her is inferential. I would be concerned as the state attorney, and you add to the mix the fact that she is attractive and younger. You could end up with a Casey Anthony situation. But I'm hoping that there is a lot more from all the devices and, potentially, some other cooperation from other co-conspirators that will provide even more. A smart jury would conclude exactly what you said. The totality of the circumstances overwhelmingly show her involvement. Reason number one is how enmeshed that family was. Show the texts and the calls between DA and CA convincing her not to buy the house in tally. Play the taps of the calls between them plotting to make her see how great Dave was for her. Does anyone think in 1 million years as close as they all were that they would take out the father of her kids without her permission?

Driving by the crime scene after is hugely damning as is the fact that she told LE driving from the lunch when they picked her up to bring her back for the interview that, IN THE CAR WITH THEM, was the first time she heard the message from DM. DM left a voicemail for her regarding what they were to discuss about the school and him taking them swimming at 9:02 AM. HE TELLS WENDI HE IS LEAVING THE GYM AT 10:30. I've posted this elsewhere, but this is huge.

Charlie tried her at 9:12 AM. She called Charlie back at 9:19 AM. That was the 18 minute phone call. She also went on to call other people that morning. My point is that she told police she didn't know that Dan had called because she turned her ringer off because she was busy with the Best Buy guy. First, what parent turns their phone off when their kids are not with them. There would be no way to get in touch with you as the mom if something happens to your son. Second, the phone call and Voicemail would be on her home screen when she called Charlie only a few minutes later. Her feigning that she didn't know that Dan called her is a lie. The notification would have shown Jibbers on her phone. He tells her he is leaving the gym at 10:30.

She then speaks to Charlie for 18 minutes. Does anyone doubt that she passed along that message? Charlie then calls Donna and then Katie, all before 11. We do know that the killers were tracking Dan that morning anyway, so you could argue they followed him so knew he left.

WA also claimed in that police interview that in that 18 minute call with Charlie, CA said she should not be mad about Dan taking the kids swimming and should just let them go with their dad at 4:30. The truth is, since the calls were not recorded, we don't know what was said in those calls. It will be fascinating to see what the Best Buy guy was privy to. Did she stand in the same room with him speaking to Charlie? Did she go into another room to speak to Charlie?

The other thing is that I don't see the complete record of calls from KM to SG. I do not see where KM called Sigfredo after her call with Charlie that morning. SG calls Km at 12:30, after. I attribute that to a burner phone possibly conveying the information about 10:30. Also, I do not know if there is a way, and I assume that there is, to see when WA actually first heard Dan's Voicemail message that he left at 9:02 that morning. I have no doubt that it was right after he left it, but the question is, can it be proven?
The thing with Dan’s message is interesting. I recall that she said during the police interview that she didn’t hear it when it came in. BUT- I recall that at one point Isom sort of presses her on when she might have listened to it. It’s confusing. He first asks “so you two were going to speak at around 11:15?” (I think- it could be 11:45, but it’s definitely after 11 to my recollection, I’d love to have a transcript.)

She has not said this in the interview, so Isom may have heard it before the recording started.

In response, if I recall correctly, she says something about how she THOUGHT that was when they were supposed to talk, “but when we listened to the message,” it said Dan would be done with the gym at 10:30, and so they planned to talk around then. She doesn’t say who “WE” is. (That might be the cop who was with her in the car?). To me this implies that she listened to the message before 10:30, because says she planned to talk to him when he got out of the gym.

This whole exchange happens when she is going through her phone with Isom, and so she can see that she called Dan back sometime after 11.

Isom, from my recollection, again asks her exactly WHEN did she listen to the message? She says “maybe after the repair guy left?” Either way, I don’t think she first heard it in the car. (Though she might have played it again there).

The whole thing is weird, to me. The evidence is that Dan left a message a little after 9, which she claims in the interview that she didn’t get. But then, in the interview, I recall that she shows Isom a series of text messages between her and Dan at around 9:15. I believe these are about swimming- Dan wants to pick the kids up at school and take them swimming, but I believe she had been scheduled to pick them up that day. To me, it seems strange that when these texts came in, she wouldn’t have seen that there was a message from Dan on her phone. It also seems strange to me that Dan apparently didn’t mention the swimming in his earlier phone message, and that he doesn’t mention in the text wanting to talk about the boy’s school as he had said in his earlier message.

Aaaaanyway….About a minute after this text conversation about the swimming, she calls Charlie. She tells the police that he told her not to worry about the swimming. Is it possible that she called him because she was worried that Dan was now picking up the boys (assuming she knew about the murder plot, which we don’t know, of course)?

She seems difficult to pin down around when or if she heard Dan’s message. It’s certainly possible she did hear it when it came in, but we don’t know for sure. If that was the case, why wouldn’t she want the police to know that?

Last edited:
The thing with Dan’s message is interesting. I recall that she said during the police interview that she didn’t hear it when it came in. BUT- I recall that at one point Isom sort of presses her on when she might have listened to it. It’s confusing. He first asks “so you two were going to speak at around 11:15?”

He seems to be asking her this because this is what she told them in the car. She didn’t ever say this in the interview, so Isom must have heard it from whoever driver her there before the recording started.

In response, if I recall correctly, she seems to backtrack, because she says something about how she THOUGHT that was when they were supposed to talk, “but when we listened to the message,” it said he would be done with the gym at 10:30. She doesn’t say who “WE” is. (That might be the cop who was with her in the car?). She doesn’t say when she listened to the message, but she has already said that she didn’t hear it when it came in.

This is all when she is going through her phone with him, and so she can see that she called Dan back sometime after 11. She says she was surprised he didn’t answer.

Isom, from my recollection, then tries to pin her down on exactly WHEN she listened to the message, so I don’t think she listened to it in the car. Because he asks her again when she first heard it, and she says “maybe after the repair guy left?” Which, again, appears to be inconsistent with her having listened to it for the first time in the car.

The whole thing is weird, to me. He left a message a little after 9 which she claims she didn’t get. But then, in the interview, she shows Isom a series of text messages between her and Dan at 9:15. These are about the swimming- Dan wants to pick the kids up at school and take them swimming, but I believe she had been scheduled to pick them up. To me, it seems strange than when these texts came in, she didn’t see that there was a message from Dan on her phone.

About a minute after this text conversation about the swimming, she calls Charlie. She tells the police that he told her not to worry about the swimming. Is it possible that she called him because she was worried that Dan was now picking up the boys, and so she was concerned (assuming she knew about the murder plot, which we don’t know, of course)?

She seems difficult to pin down around when or if she heard Dan’s message. It’s certainly possible she did hear it when it came in, but we don’t know for sure. If that was the case, why wouldn’t she want the police to know that? To me, there is something strange about this, because her story seems to change with respect to when or if she heard the message.
I see what you're saying. I haven't ever listened to her entire police interview, and only have heard some highlights. It just so happens I was watching someone on YT review some of her interview about a week ago. My memory is going from then so it's not that fresh now.

However, it really stuck with me that it appeared she was explaining that she thought it was 11:15, but when she played the message (which it seems she is reflecting past tense, and inferring in the car on the way over), it was 10:30. I took it to mean that was the first time she played the message and corrected that DM's voicemail said 10:30, not 11:15.

I also took that to be quite purposeful on her part. If she acknowledged that she knew Dan was leaving the gym at 10:30, it certainly puts her more in the crosshairs of knowing about the plot. However, if she pretends that she thought he was leaving at 11:15, then how could the sweet princess possibly be part of this plot?

I will at some point try to get some time to listen to more of the surrounding interview to see if there was more to it. But to me, I think it really helps prove that she knew.

Two days ago, on Feb. 7, 2024, Sigfredo's appeal was summarily dismissed for failure to state any basis for relief. I think he missed his opportunity to reduce his sentence by cooperating with the State because he likely has nothing of value to offer in the prosecution against Donna or Wendy. https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/fl-district-court-of-appeal/115792221.html
Thanks for the info Stamplewie! Interesting, was arrested on May 26, 2016. He had 'rekindled' his relationship with KM for about a year and a half. I would have thought the two of them had extensive conversations about the A's? Afterall, KM was in constant contact with CA, receiving gifts and cashing checks signed by DA. Hmmm, SigGar must not have ever questioned the origin for all the money flowing into the household or didn't care to ask? I'd be asking lots of questions, such as: "Your car breaks down and we get a pristine used Lexus," "Our kids attend private school/$600 per month tuition?" "Now we're shopping for a boat?"
BTW It appears his appellate attorney was/is very aware and predicted both his and Katie's outcomes.

ML also has a review of the background to SG's appeal, but here's something else he's got.

Evidence update - photo a text from Donna's phone
Who's the woman replying to Donna?

'Do not disturb' ( She was arrested Monday, Nov. 13, 2023 )

Dan Rashbaum's interview on STS : I checked her phone, there was nothing on it.
LE will be able to get any deleted texts from Donna that night to this woman regarding it being hard to get an impartial jury anywhere in Florida. Whoops!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Stamplewie! Interesting, was arrested on May 26, 2016. He had 'rekindled' his relationship with KM for about a year and a half. I would have thought the two of them had extensive conversations about the A's? Afterall, KM was in constant contact with CA, receiving gifts and cashing checks signed by DA. Hmmm, SigGar must not have ever questioned the origin for all the money flowing into the household or didn't care to ask? I'd be asking lots of questions, such as: "Your car breaks down and we get a pristine used Lexus," "Our kids attend private school/$600 per month tuition?" "Now we're shopping for a boat?"
BTW It appears his appellate attorney was/is very aware and predicted both his and Katie's outcomes.
And Katies weekly visits to the nail salon To upkeep her nails and get massages. For someone that was so angered by Katie going Jetskiing with Charlie, (which I don’t believe),he sure didn’t refuse her benefits from him.

And Katies weekly visits to the nail salon To upkeep her nails and get massages. For someone that was so angered by Katie going Jetskiing with Charlie, (which I don’t believe),he sure didn’t refuse her benefits from him.
BTW It appears his appellate attorney was/is very aware and predicted both his and Katie's outcomes.Isuspect he was walled off from Wendy.
Sigfredo would have been more useful as a witness against Charlie, but imo more walled off from Donna and even more so from Wendy. His appellate lawyer practically begged him to snitch, in a way that I have rarely ever seen, but the genius insisted on living his life out in prison. You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor