DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Niner

For DA:
Pre-trial hearing 9/12
Jury selection 9/26
Trial 9/30/2024
I am so confused! I thought the judge originally set the trial date for 9/26, and then decided to set it for 9/12 instead, so they could start jury selection? Thats what I heard. I swear I heard him say “You know what? Let’s make it the 12th.” What’s this about a pre-trial hearing? Do I need to watch it again? Hopefully someone with access to the docket will post the official order.

ETA- listened with better audio. 9/12 docket sounding, 9/30 trial date.

Last edited:
I am so confused! I thought the judge originally set the trial date for 9/26, and then decided to set it for 9/12 instead, so they could start jury selection? Thats what I heard. I swear I heard him say “You know what? Let’s make it the 12th.” What’s this about a pre-trial hearing? Do I need to watch it again? Hopefully someone with access to the docket will post the official order.

ETA- listened with better audio. 9/12 docket sounding, 9/30 trial date.
Thanks for saying something before my edit window closed. I deleted my post because I was confused also. I blame multi-tasking.

Thanks for saying something before my edit window closed. I deleted my post because I was confused also. I blame multi-tasking.
It was confusing. I’m not even sure what a “docket sounding” is. It might be when all of the trials set to go in the following weeks have to appear and tie up loose ends or something.

I got distracted from this case in thread #1 (it was a slow one) by several other cases so am catching up now.

So if the PCA dropped June 2, why did it take the As until August 3 before getting their lawyers to issue a statement?

Were they in denial, shock, busy shuffling assets, checking for non-extradidition countries, or thinking it would blow over? (I can't help but visualize some of the faces DA made during her arraignment hearing thinking about this).

Also, was this the first time DR was ever hired by them, or did he rep them in previous civil matters? TIA.

Rashbaum stated he started representing Donna in 2016. That’s all I know

“I plan on fighting this with every breath I have,” Garcia wrote in his note, according to the newspaper. “I’m going to start with my direct appeal and continue exhausting every appeal in the book until they get so tired of seeing me they’ll give up and free me.”
Not sure SG knows how the legal system works.

"You again! I know you killed an innocent man and are doing a life sentence, but we're sick of seeing your face and sick of your appeals so we're going to reverse the decision to jail you and set you free."

Well that was disappointing, I thought DA wanted to get this going asap and we were heading to an early summer trial.

Not much to add so here's some more wiretaps, from the thousands of hours that LE collected Spring - Fall 2016, audio quality much improved.

April 2016. Charlie to Donna 'I have gone above and beyond ( for Wendi) and time to focus on my own life.' DA responds that she knows what he's talking about. They are careful to keep that vague. ( Nonetheless, it's the kind of call that WA would claim is exculpatory if she were prosecuted)

Lot of chat about Dave A and his nanny B. Charlie floats the idea of taking a cruise with Dave, Wendi & B. ( June later told LE that Dave & Wendi also accompanied Charlie & June on holidays)
In this wiretap, Charlie is on his way to meet with B and he promises Donna he will ' get the scoop.' Basically, he describes how he pumps B for information on the status of Dave & Wendi's relationship in order to pass these scoops onto Donna & also tries to influence Dave)

Context- Charlie's last steady gf was Whitney K but by April 2016 June believes that CA is in a steady relationship with her, June characterised it as ' inseparable' at this stage until they split up in June 2017.
CA later told June about B but claimed ‘ we were only talking for 6 weeks and she got pregnant’ which is the same lie he repeats in his November 2024 jail call with Donna.

Another call, same day. Short call, not much interesting in this one except that CA is considering buying a go-kart in the same period that he'd claimed to have suffered a debilitating injury for which he'd try to claim insurance for lost earnings. Berkshire Life Insurance Co.( CA claimed to have had the accident in early 2016)

( same day wiretaps involving steroids and bragging about sleeping with 19yo are at the PL& A account)

Last edited:
I did think they'd arrest WA after DA's trial, I'm now starting to think they never will.... I also did think DA or CA would flip on WA I also no longer think that's the case.
I have been wondering myself. But, since "no deal" has been offered to DA by the prosecutors yet, they must feel there is enough evidence to secure a conviction on at least "conspiracy." (Before or after the crime.) At that time DA may have a change of heart and decide to cooperate? IMO, DA has been the "weakest link." (Pardon the pun.) Save herself (and HA ) claiming she purposely kept WA out of the conspiracy and garnered (covertly) DM's location, travel plans., and daily schedule? (A possibility...and one I am willing to entertain for the sake of the children.)
At 14 minutes into this recording, DA is quite animated, anxious and maybe a little angry she can't get hold of WA. She wants to give her codes, needs addresses for Visas, help with computers, etc. Dramatic or desperate?
"Everyone looks to protect you. I know you have a lot to think about."
1) Who is "everyone" ? (Attys, bro, bf, HA, DA,coworkers, other relatives?)
2) Protect from who/what? Public opinion? Prosecution? Disbarred from the practice of law?
There is something for eveyone to hate about this case.

Last edited:
Well that was disappointing, I thought DA wanted to get this going asap and we were heading to an early summer trial.

Not much to add so here's some more wiretaps, from the thousands of hours that LE collected Spring - Fall 2016, audio quality much improved.

April 2016. Charlie to Donna 'I have gone above and beyond ( for Wendi) and time to focus on my own life.' DA responds that she knows what he's talking about. They are careful to keep that vague. ( Nonetheless, it's the kind of call that WA would claim is exculpatory if she were prosecuted)

Lot of chat about Dave A and his nanny B. Charlie floats the idea of taking a cruise with Dave, Wendi & B. ( June later told LE that Dave & Wendi also accompanied Charlie & June on holidays)
In this wiretap, Charlie is on his way to meet with B and he promises Donna he will ' get the scoop.' Basically, he describes how he pumps B for information on the status of Dave & Wendi's relationship in order to pass these scoops onto Donna & also tries to influence Dave)

Context- Charlie's last steady gf was Whitney K but by April 2016 June believes that CA is in a steady relationship with her, June characterised it as ' inseparable' at this stage until they split up in June 2017.
CA later told June about B but claimed ‘ we were only talking for 6 weeks and she got pregnant’ which is the same lie he repeats in his November 2024 jail call with Donna.

Another call, same day. Short call, not much interesting in this one except that CA is considering buying a go-kart in the same period that he'd claimed to have suffered a debilitating injury for which he'd try to claim insurance for lost earnings. Berkshire Life Insurance Co.( CA claimed to have had the accident in early 2016)

( same day wiretaps involving steroids and bragging about sleeping with 19yo are at the PL& A account)
On one call, the man on the other end appears to me to be whining to Charlie about having gotten some woman pregnant and having to pay child support because she’s such an (expletive), and she takes the child to sleep at random strangers’ houses, and he’s already got three kids AND he’s now in love with his high school sweetheart. (Paraphrasing). Charlie says that, yeah, as soon as he met that girl he was really hoping the guy wouldn’t “knock her up.” (Paraphrasing)

Quite the call. Also—condoms are available over the counter and do not require as much effort, or expense, to get as steroids. Hmmm.

Last edited:
I have been wondering myself. But, since "no deal" has been offered to DA by the prosecutors yet, they must feel there is enough evidence to secure a conviction on at least "conspiracy." (Before or after the crime.) At that time DA may have a change of heart and decide to cooperate? IMO, DA has been the "weakest link." (Pardon the pun.) Save herself (and HA ) claiming she purposely kept WA out of the conspiracy and garnered (covertly) DM's location, travel plans., and daily schedule? (A possibility...and one I am willing to entertain for the sake of the children.)
At 14 minutes into this recording, DA is quite animated, anxious and maybe a little angry she can't get hold of WA. She wants to give her codes, needs addresses for Visas, help with computers, etc. Dramatic or desperate?
"Everyone looks to protect you. I know you have a lot to think about."
1) Who is "everyone" ? (Attys, bro, bf, HA, DA,coworkers, other relatives?)
2) Protect from who/what? Public opinion? Prosecution? Disbarred from the practice of law?

I did think that perhaps there may be some resentment breeding after hearing the hot mic cool, but then saw DA's Iphone with what looked to be a wallpaper shot of WA and her boys. It was a reminder about the toxic bonds she has with her daughter and Grandkids. The only chance of DA or CA flipping is if HA is going to be charged. They may try and save him? I think it will be a big shock to HA when DA is convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member