FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her cell tower locations are going to be interesting - yes it's really complicated and also frustrating not being able to recall exactly what demonstratives were used ( for cell tower)
(In the segment I just re-watched, Rash says leaving Miami and Corbett agrees they left from Miami. I didn't rewatch the whole Corbett again)

I can just imagine the pair of them, sat waiting in their car outside his house in the dark, Donna wide-eyed, excited and Harvey all jittery. Ugh!
Ok so Rashbaum asked Charlie and Georgia asked Corbitt.
I think this evidence is key for implicating D and H.
Where did they wash the money? Where did they keep their money?

Last edited:
Her cell tower locations are going to be interesting - yes it's really complicated and also frustrating not being able to recall exactly what demonstratives were used ( for cell tower)
(In the segment I just re-watched, Rash says leaving Miami and Corbett agrees they left from Miami. I didn't rewatch the whole Corbett again)

I can just imagine the pair of them, sat waiting in their car outside his house in the dark, Donna wide-eyed, excited and Harvey all jittery. Ugh!
I deleted the map I posted bc it showed personal information. If you want to post it you can.I didnt know how to crop it on the top! I’m not that tech savvy

Ok so Rashbaum asked Charlie and Georgia asked Corbitt.
I think this evidence is key for implicating D and H.
Where did they wash the money? Where did they keep their money?
Not sure where. KM will be a witness again and Rashbaum will attack the differences between what she said about this issue in her proffers and what she said on the stand.

Regardless of KM, State getting more cell/location data on this may just mean that Rashbaum changes his story and in the next trial he doesn't deny that the parents called at Charlie's. He seems to reverse engineer his theories to cover whatever the state can prove.

However circling back to @newbysleuther's original point, if DA did rent two condos simultaneously and in advance of the hit he's got another set of problems he has to workaround.

PS It's all very odd. CA is adamant that the Harvey Birthday party was in Continuum, State thinks it was in the Ikon. I double-checked trial testimony. I didn't go back to check what Wendi claimed - I ran out steam

I haven't seen the show, so I can only ask questions

so, if I have read you right, DR has gone onto Dateline to say that:

'The "murder on spec" and "murder for hire" theories are equally implausible because under both theories, the assailants committed the murder before being paid '

but murder on spec was the foundation for his own first layer extortion defense. ( extortion 1)
On Dateline, did he explain why he's claiming that Donna believed in what he feels is an implausible scenario? ( On STS he said that Donna is very 'bright')

( He'd recorded for Dateline before he went onto STS so it's interesting that he didn't bother trying to argue this to STS, he'd have gotten shot down fast)
DR's statement was in response to the interviewer's point that murder on spec is just not plausible. DR's response was (to paraphrase), "If you think that, then the murder for higher plot is also implausible because they did the job before getting paid."

Not sure where. KM will be a witness again and Rashbaum will attack the differences between what she said about this issue in her proffers and what she said on the stand.

Regardless of KM, State getting more cell/location data on this may just mean that Rashbaum changes his story and in the next trial he doesn't deny that the parents called at Charlie's. He seems to reverse engineer his theories to cover whatever the state can prove.

However circling back to @newbysleuther's original point, if DA did rent two condos simultaneously and in advance of the hit he's got another set of problems he has to workaround.

PS It's all very odd. CA is adamant that the Harvey Birthday party was in Continuum, State thinks it was in the Ikon. I double-checked trial testimony. I didn't go back to check what Wendi claimed - I ran out steam
Yes it’s easy to run out of steam. I kept a notebook a coupleof years ago and I misplaced it. I always think it will stay in my mind. If they did rent a condo for Wendi, that is odd because Wendi has stated on the stand that she lived with her parents.
Once she said in Coral Springs. Another time she said in a 2 bedroom apartment,
she may be right on both accounts. Weekdays at the house, weekends in S Beach.
The other condo could be because maybe their lease was running out on the others one?

How do we know one of the condo’s wasn’t for Charlie? Didn’t he also have one on S Beach?
I know he owned one in Aventura.
I can’t imagine who is going to tackle this for a movie! (or series)

Yes it’s easy to run out of steam. I kept a notebook a coupleof years ago and I misplaced it. I always think it will stay in my mind. If they did rent a condo for Wendi, that is odd because Wendi has stated on the stand that she lived with her parents.
Once she said in Coral Springs. Another time she said in a 2 bedroom apartment,
she may be right on both accounts. Weekdays at the house, weekends in S Beach.
The other condo could be because maybe their lease was running out on the others one?

How do we know one of the condo’s wasn’t for Charlie? Didn’t he also have one on S Beach?
I know he owned one in Aventura.
I can’t imagine who is going to tackle this for a movie! (or series)
yes agree, but in her writing class she wrote she'd been living with Mom for a whole year. Wendi lies

I imagine WA could be moving between the two as her social life necessitated.

IIRC each apartment had 2 bedrooms ( Do we really believe that WA de- registered from her dating sites in July 2014? She was dating as soon as she left Trescott in 2012. Do you see what I'm hinting at? Lacasse also had his concerns while they were dating and she was in SFL)

Anyway, I was digressing but I hope there's something being unearthed about Wendi's early links to the second rented condo which contradicts her prior testimony and undermines Donna.

yes agree, but in her writing class she wrote she'd been living with Mom for a whole year. Wendi lies

I imagine WA could be moving between the two as her social life necessitated.

IIRC each apartment had 2 bedrooms ( Do we really believe that WA de- registered from her dating sites in July 2014? She was dating as soon as she left Trescott in 2012. Do you see what I'm hinting at? Lacasse also had his concerns while they were dating and she was in SFL)

Anyway, I was digressing but I hope there's something being unearthed about Wendi's early links to the second rented condo which contradicts her prior testimony and undermines Donna.
Yes I know she was living with her parents a whole year. I found it hard to imagine her living in one bedroom with her two boys.I’d think her parents would have gotten a 3 BR condo.
Imagine 2 million for only a 2 Bedroom.

Yes, Jeffrey said he believed she was dating others while with him when they started, and then Daniel Sack while he was with her spring 2014, and had someone in Miami (maybe the other “D”) the last few months.
So that Miami condo was a “rendevous rental”? Is that what you are hinting at? You never know although her beaus were rich guys.
Maybe I’m not getting the hint.

Theres always been confusion on where Wendi went after the murder.
Wendi with Isom, when asked “where are your parents”?, has stated her parents lived in Coral Springs at the time of the murder.Also Wendi was asked the same on the stand and she said the same. Yet at times, at trial, the state has mentioned “Miami”. This is important because if the A’s were living in their family home most of the time,(and that Friday) then the money drop would have been out of their way from where CA’s house was in relation to their going to Tallahassee on the night of the murder. Yes they did stop in Orlando, but even Orlando is north,whereas FortLauderdale is South. Unless one lives in SFlorida one would not realize this.

Even if they weren’t going to CA’s to drop money, they still would not be “passing by” CA’s house on any highway.
Coral Springs to Fort Lauderdale Is Southeast. Tallahassee from Coral Springs is northwest. GC asked Corbett at CA’s trial if they were coming from Miami and he said “yes” yet did not show that H and D’s cell was in a location to prove that. he may have also misunderstood Miami from Coral Springs bc it has been mentioned “its the same“ .It is NOT the same. Two different counties an hour apart. I think because people know the A’s stayed in the condo weekends, they assume there are close to each other. And confused as to where they were that night.

The condo was used for the weekends as HA was working in Tamarac (M-W) which is over an hour away from South Beach (his practice was near to the family home in CS),and could be 1.5 hours with traffic each way. It is not a fun drive.Harvey did work hours not affecting rush hour.he got in late and left late.but still it’s a long hike.

It seems they would be in the family home on the night of the murder, as the boys were coming (remember Wendi cleaning her childhood bedroom) The house wasn’t sold till a year later ,although they may have moved to S Beach full time months later when Wendi's job op fell through, or she convinced her family to move to S Beach full time.(her goal anyway-forcing her dad to retire) The family home was listed as sold in 8/2015. When they moved to Miami full time is not clear.

it wouldn’t make sense that W and boys would immediately go to S Beach,as she had that job offer in Boca Raton (Gary Cohen). (Or that was used to show the court she had a job in S Florida when she tried to get custody of the boys-Gary was D and A’s friend)

People have used Miami and Coral Springs interchangeably.
Anyone living in S Florida knows they are 2 different counties and as I said far apart.
The A institute was only a few miles from the family home.(Broward county).

So, where were D and H coming from as they headed up to Tallahassee the night of the murder?
And were they really passing by Charlies?
Does LE have that information?
I am surprised the state has not already settled this issue.
Just like the issue of where SG’s phone was when he called Harvey on the supposed Jetski incident.

I did contact GC after the trial about these issues.
I recall this from the police interview: Wendi says that her parents are semi-retired, and that Charlie got them a place on South Beach for the weekends. She says that because it is Friday, they are likely at the Miami Beach place.

ETA- does this clear any of this up:

Given what I recall Wendi saying, it is possible they drove up to Tallahassee from Miami Beach on the Friday of the murder. In that case, Ft. Lauderdale would be on the way.

In the writing podcast, Wendi says she has been living with her parents and would be starting a job in Miami in September. In my opinion, she is talking about September, 2015. It makes sense to me, in my opinion, that she lived with her parents in Coral Springs for at least some time after the murder. It is also possible they spent some time at the rental that Charlie got them on South Beach that Wendi mentions in the police interview.

At some point, we know that Wendi, Harvey, and Donna began living on South Beach full time, with Harvey and Donna renting a place in the Icon. Harvey was still commuting to Coral Springs to work, you can hear about that on the bump calls. They did not sell the Coral Springs house until 2015, I believe, but that can be easily looked up for the exact date.

It is my belief that the move to the Icon was related to Wendi starting a job in Miami. I do not believe Wendi and the boys ever lived with her parents in the Icon, as that apartment only has 2 bedrooms. I believe she rented a place nearby, as you can hear Donna talking about “Wendi’s place” on the bump calls.

The icon and the Continuum are in the same area of South Beach, very close together. But I do not believe the A’s lived in the Icon at the time of the murder. Katie said that the photo of her and Wendi was taken at the Continuum. As Wendi told the police, Charlie had gotten them a weekend place in Miami. I believe this was in the Continuum.

Corbett said the text during Harvey’s birthday weekend appeared to ping off of a tower near the Icon. This is most likely true, but it doesn’t mean the text was sent from the Icon. It could have been sent from Continuum, as they are very close to each other and may use the same cell towers or cell towers near each other.

i have no doubt this will be cleared up by the state. There are records of who rented what, when.

Last edited:
Dan said that the extortion was the same thing as what Luis said they did. Because they didn’t ask for the money up front. They went up there and killed Dan, and THEN asked for the money.

The difference is, in Luis’s version, they were ASKED to do the job, told they would get the money after the job, and that is why they did the job. The asked for the money they had been promised.

In Charlie’s version, they were NOT asked to do the job, they were NOT told they would get the money after the job, and that is NOT why they did the job. They asked for money they had NOT been promised.

So, it is NOT the same thing at all. What Luis said is NOT consistent with what Charlie says happened.

See, how easy? Logic!

It is amazing to me that Rash appears to me to be resting some of his case on the idea that hired killers are NEVER, EVER promised that they will be paid AFTER the job is done.

As though that idea is more preposterous than the idea of killers who have NOT been hired asking to be paid after a murder they have NOT been hired to do.

I believe it is possible to find at least one instance of that first thing happening, which would defeat the argument that it never happens.

See how easy? Logic!

I recall this from the police interview: Wendi says that her parents are semi-retired, and that Charlie got them a place on South Beach for the weekends. She says that because it is Friday, they are likely at the Miami Beach place.

Given what I recall Wendi saying, it is possible they drove up to Tallahassee from Miami Beach on the Friday of the murder. In that case, Ft. Lauderdale would be on the way.

In the writing podcast, Wendi says she has been living with her parents and would be starting a job in Miami in September. In my opinion, she is talking about September, 2015. It makes sense to me, in my opinion, that she lived with her parents in Coral Springs for at least some time after the murder. It is also possible they spent some time at the rental that Charlie got them on South Beach that Wendi mentions in the police interview.

At some point, we know that Wendi, Harvey, and Donna began living on South Beach full time, with Harvey and Donna renting a place in the Icon. Harvey was still commuting to Coral Springs to work, you can hear about that on the bump calls. They did not sell the Coral Springs house until 2015, I believe, but that can be easily looked up for the exact date.

It is my belief that the move to the Icon was related to Wendi starting a job in Miami. I do not believe Wendi and the boys ever lived with her parents in the Icon, as that apartment only has 2 bedrooms. I believe she rented a place nearby, as you can hear Donna talking about “Wendi’s place” on the bump calls.

The icon and the Continuum are in the same area of South Beach, very close together. But I do not believe the A’s lived in the Icon at the time of the murder. Katie said that the photo of her and Wendi was taken at the Continuum. As Wendi told the police, Charlie had gotten them a weekend place in Miami. I believe this was in the Continuum.

Corbett said the text during Harvey’s birthday weekend appeared to ping off of a tower near the Icon. This is most likely true, but it doesn’t mean the text was sent from the Icon. It could have been sent from Continuum, as they are very close to each other and may use the same cell towers or cell towers near each other.

i have no doubt this will be cleared up by the state. There are records of who rented what, wh

i have no doubt this will be cleared up by the state. There are records of who rented what, when.
I don’t believe she ever said “because it’s Friday they are in Miami”.
Isom specifically asked her “ where are you parents“ and she answered “Coral Springs”

this is really about where they headed up to Orlando from, not any of the subjects you mentioned. I know I sidetracked the original conversation> the money drop off subject.

I have listened to her interview with Isom and Corbett again specifically for this subject of where H and D were when they headed up North to Orlando.

Can you get me the timestamp of her interview where she says this? (about Friday and they were in Miami)?
Maybe I’m losing my mind,

Last edited:
I don’t believe she ever said “because it’s Friday they are in Miami”.
Isom specifically asked her “ where are you parents“ and she answered “Coral Springs”

this is really about where they headed up to Orlando from, not any of the subjects you mentioned. I know I sidetracked the original conversation> the money drop off subject.

I have listened to her interview with Isom and Corbett again specifically for this subject of where H and D were when they headed up North to Orlando.

Can you get me the timestamp of her interview where she says this? (about Friday and they were in Miami)?
Maybe I’m losing my mind,
I could have sworn I just watched it and at one point in the interview she discusses how Charlie got them a weekend place and if it’s Friday they probably are there. Did I hallucinate that? I have to go back and watch it again. It may be when they ask her who she would like to come up and be with her, and she says her parents. But its there.

I could have sworn I just watched it and at one point in the interview she discusses how Charlie got them a weekend place and if it’s Friday they probably are there. Did I hallucinate that? I have to go back and watch it again. It may be when they ask her who she would like to come up and be with her, and she says her parents. But its there.
Ok here I go watching for the 5th time lol.
What better thing to do on a saturday night. 2x speed…
Maybe he asked twice but I am absolutely sure she said Coral Springs.
lets see who gets there first lol.
I watch the Mentour version. Are you viewing another version?
Someone posted JL interviews and something he said I dont recall hearing prior and I‘ve watched those multiple times.

Yes the part was in response to “do you have family” or something like that. then he asked where they were. Ok and away we go!

Deep Dive True crime:
at the 19:34 minute mark:
Isom: ”where‘s your closest family at”?
Wendi “My parents are in Coral Springs”

at the 4:59:50 mark Wendi states “I was taking my dad on a trip for his 70th Birthday on the 2 weeks when Danny goes with the kids to Canada”
She also states this in her 2015 podcast. That she was going to Peru (I forget the name of the place. Like Machu Picchu or something )with her father and she had to cancel it.
So I guess the Paella wasn’t his Birthday present.

Glad I saw that last one -it was where I left off last time.
It was said to the victims advocate.
Most of the time I skip the victims advocate conversation.

I don’t believe Georgia ever asked Wendi about this trip. Most people don’t know about it.
I wonder if she ever purchased tickets for it. that will be interesting too If she didn’t. A 2 week trip to Peru I’d think would be purchased ahead of time.School starts in Florida the second week of August so she only had a few weeks from the time of the murder till Ben started Kindergarten. Hmm… so the trip would have been soon.
4 weeks till school
2 weeks in Peru within that time.
was the trip he following week? Had to be no more than 2 weeks from the murder and Im sure she would be back to get her son prepped for school right?

Last edited:
Rashbaum strikes again on Dateline with insulting mental gymnastics. The latest round? The "murder on spec" and "murder for hire" theories are equally implausible. Why? Because under both theories, the assailants committed the murder before being paid. Gee, counselor, does it not make a difference that under one theory, the assailants were ACTUALLY INSTRUCTED TO COMMIT THE ACT BY THE PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE PAYING???

Let's consider an analogy of a house painter. Scenario 1: House painter takes it upon herself to paint a stranger's home while they are on vacation with the hope that they will pay upon demand when the job is done. Scenario 2: Homeowner actually hires a house painter to paint their house and promises to pay when the job is finished.

By Rashbaum's logic, Scenario 1 is no crazier than Scenario 2. This is utterly preposterous and insulting because, unlike Scenario 1, in Scenario 2, the house painter had a promise of payment and ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS TO PAINT THE HOUSE.
Oh JerseyPride..Best "cawfee tawk" on how ridiculous the whole "extortion theme" defense has been from day one. The house painter analogy is brilliant and I hope GC can use it somehow. If you'll pardon the pun, "It really drives home the point" and makes it more relateable. IE, one would not pay for something they didn't want, didn't own, had no interest and was 400 miles away. And of course, how did CA know at 9pm Dan was dead? Based on what? A phone call from DA per WA's request at the police station? A news report? Did he call his beloved sister that night and offer to help her in anyway he could? Was he so bereaved he couldn't make the drive to Tally with his parents? If he was tired he could have slept in the car while his parents drove? (It was a Friday night....did he have any procedures scheduled for the next day.. Sat or Sun?)
At the end of the day all we can ask is, "Are these the actions of a prudent man?" ....No.
Edited to add: Do not forget someone (CA via KM) PAID MONEY UP-FRONT for the rental car, gasoline, food and lodging for these quasi-employed construction workers...TWICE!! To me, that is the definition of murder for hire: part up front and the balance when the murder was done.

Deep Dive True crime:
at the 19:34 minute mark:
Isom: ”where‘s your closest family at”?
Wendi “My parents are in Coral Springs”

at the 4:59:50 mark Wendi states “I was taking my dad on a trip for his 70th Birthday on the 2 weeks when Danny goes with the kids to Canada”
She also states this in her 2015 podcast. That she was going to Peru (I forget the name of the place. Like Machu Picchu or something )with her father and she had to cancel it.
So I guess the Paella wasn’t his Birthday present.

Glad I saw that last one -it was where I left off last time.
It was said to the victims advocate.
Most of the time I skip the victims advocate conversation.

I don’t believe Georgia ever asked Wendi about this trip. Most people don’t know about it.
I wonder if she ever purchased tickets for it,
WENDI LIES...and takes the stories of others....per JRoss STS. (ie Father/ tumor/ Machu Picchu story taken from someone else's actual life events.)
BTW...he is not the first man who said that. JL said she had a difficult time with the truth, too. I can hardly wait for the day JL finally gets to do a public review, blow by blow of her interview with Det. Isom. He said he knew her better than anyone and spent a lot of time with her....almost 8 months.

WENDI LIES...and takes the stories of others....per JRoss STS. (ie Father/ tumor/ Machu Picchu story taken from someone else's actual life events.)
So she would tell Isom she was taking her dad to Peru, and also mention it on the podcast just because she felt like lying about it?
How does that serve her?
Can be disproved if she had no reservation/flight plans.
that would be stupid to even mention that there.

So she would tell Isom she was taking her dad to Peru, and also mention it on the podcast just because she felt like lying about it?
How does that serve her?
Can be disproved if she had no reservation/flight plans.
that would be stupid to even mention that there.
I agree, but you need to listen to JRoss...he disputes the whole story. (Hey, I'll try to find it on old STS video.) It is so odd, but....
  • According to psychologist and author, David J. Ley, Ph.D., compulsive liars “ get so accustomed to lying that they do so even when there is no clear purpose, and when their lies are easily disproven, leaving everyone scratching their heads over the point of their deceptions. ”
Okay found it!! before my edit time ran out, phew! Start listening at 1:34:00 of this video...

Last edited:
I agree, but you need to listen to JRoss...he disputes the whole story. (Hey, I'll try to find it on old STS video.) It is so odd, but....
  • According to psychologist and author, David J. Ley, Ph.D., compulsive liars “ get so accustomed to lying that they do so even when there is no clear purpose, and when their lies are easily disproven, leaving everyone scratching their heads over the point of their deceptions. ”
Okay found it!! before my edit time ran out, phew! Start listening at 1:34:00 of this video...
Ok but the original issue is where her parents were living at the time of the murder.
the Peru story isn't as important.,

Ok I saw this video. Tarravella HS friend. dated him once when she was 13. Became a lawyer I think.
So how would it be building herself up to say her parents lived in Coral Springs?
You say ”he disputes the whole story”.
What story??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members