FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a hard time finding only Tamaras interview. I am watching “parts” (Tamara and others on the same video) that ML has complied and edited. I haven't seen the one of only her in prob a year and a half at least.
So, I haven't gotten to that part About the house.

I am being reminded of some very important pieces of information that Tamara supplies. I really hope she is called to the stand. The whole Harvey ignoring her and not looking at her in the eyes, the weird defense of Wendi by Janine (or is her name Jane?). Ruths comments to Tamara after the memorial of asking to see the boys and Donna walking away with them, ignoring Her. I have a few things to do but I will look for the interview where it is just her. I have a hard time navigating his videos for some reason.
She mentioned a Text W sent her June 17th praising Jeffrey. Iwill have to see where that fits into his timeline of on again/off again with her…tbc…
It's all so complicated isn't it.

Anyway, maybe 'Janine' will surprise us all, when her time comes. I hope so. ( She was a category A witness last time I looked, but IDK if she was ever depo'd)

It's all so complicated isn't it.

Anyway, maybe 'Janine' will surprise us all, when her time comes. I hope so. ( She was a category A witness last time I looked, but IDK if she was ever depo'd)
Yes it is. And it helps to keep a file of facts, something I did awhile ago and stopped doing bc I’d grab any piece of paper around when I’d hear something important, yet very disorganized with my main notebook and random papers,(like taking notes on the back of junk mail and envelopes) lol.
Jane really was quite bold in the station. “I’m getting kicked out”.

Thanks but don't go to too much trouble.
Demko would be good though.
Also, because they had lots of people coming over to Aqua Ridge to offer condolences, there has to be more people at the house after the 20th memorial and before they quit on 21st July. ( People who can contradict Wendi's claims that she just took swimsuits and had an old friend go get rest of her stuff much later etc)
I may have been confusing what Ruth said in her book with Tamaras interview. Important to be sure when posting bc no option to delete.

WENDI LIES...and takes the stories of others....per JRoss STS. (ie Father/ tumor/ Machu Picchu story taken from someone else's actual life events.)
BTW...he is not the first man who said that. JL said she had a difficult time with the truth, too. I can hardly wait for the day JL finally gets to do a public review, blow by blow of her interview with Det. Isom. He said he knew her better than anyone and spent a lot of time with her....almost 8 months.
The POINT, my POINT, JR's POINT, GC'sPOINT , JL's POINT is that unless one has supporting information anything WA has to say should be suspect. I think it is more of a "character issue" or how easily she can manipulate emotions....maybe even those of her own family. Where she lived, who she dated, when she dated, how her TV was broken, heck I'm not even sure to believe her eye color...lol. But she did say the worker at the liquor store said her eyes were very blue...but of course "very blue contacts" might be more accurate. Again my point is "I heard what she said" but I would back it up with FBI/cell phone records to confirm.
I appreciate the work done on mapping the route to CA's house and to Orlando. It makes it easier to comprehend. Good work and thank Brilliant WS'ers for their efforts. BTW...does the estimated time account for late night traffic patterns...ie less traffic late at night? vs increased traffic because it is a Friday going to Orlando attractions??

The POINT, my POINT, JR's POINT, GC'sPOINT , JL's POINT is that unless one has supporting information anything WA has to say should be suspect. I think it is more of a "character issue" or how easily she can manipulate emotions....maybe even those of her own family. Where she lived, who she dated, when she dated, how her TV was broken, heck I'm not even sure to believe her eye color...lol. But she did say the worker at the liquor store said her eyes were very blue...but of course "very blue contacts" might be more accurate. Again my point is "I heard what she said" but I would back it up with FBI/cell phone records to confirm.
I appreciate the work done on mapping the route to CA's house and to Orlando. It makes it easier to comprehend. Good work and thank Brilliant WS'ers for their efforts. BTW...does the estimated time account for late night traffic patterns...ie less traffic late at night? vs increased traffic because it is a Friday going to Orlando attractions??
I am having such a hard time posting a photo of the route from Coral Springs to Orlando to show how it would be out of the way to pass CA’s.
I was able to do it yesterday but had to delete and crop. Now I can’t
I don’t believe there would be any traffic to speak of leaving when they did so late. I’ve done that trip probably 100 times from S FL. And the time given is if you are driving the speed limit lol.

Tamara was there and I thinks she said the house looked barren.not sure exactly of what she said.I’ll review the video. ML edited a lot out of that one. So he knows more about JL and TD’s interview than the public does.
Someone please remove this because I still haven't confirmed thanks

Yes. Continuum is near the Icon. Charlie rented a place there around the time of the murder. They didn’t live in the Icon until after the murder, I think. I am glad it seems the state is now aware of this.
Ok so at Charlie's trial, Corbett said that Wendi's text to Dan on July 6th asking whether he will be home the week of July 13th asking for the kiddos on the 16th, was made from the Icon. He was asked by Sarah if they were living at the Icon and he said “yes”.
So are you saying that Sarah and Corbett were in error at the trial?

I am having such a hard time posting a photo of the route from Coral Springs to Orlando to show how it would be out of the way to pass CA’s.
I was able to do it yesterday but had to delete and crop. Now I can’t
I don’t believe there would be any traffic to speak of leaving when they did so late. I’ve done that trip probably 100 times from S FL. And the time given is if you are driving the speed limit lol.
You’re right that it would be out of the way if they left from Coral Springs, clearly. Coral Springs is about a half hour north of Ft. Lauderdale by car. Orlando is about three hours further north from Coral Springs. IF they left from their Coral Springs house en route to Orlando, then going to Charlie’s house in Ft. Lauderdale would have meant traveling a half an hour in the opposite direction. However, if, as Wendi suggests in her interview, they were at their “weekend place” in Miami Beach, then Ft. Lauderdale IS on the way to Orlando from there. Ft. Lauderdale is about a half an hour North of Miami Beach.

Ok so at Charlie's trial, Corbett said that Wendi's text to Dan on July 6th asking whether he will be home the week of July 13th asking for the kiddos on the 16th, was made from the Icon. He was asked by Sarah if they were living at the Icon and he said “yes”.
So are you saying that Sarah and Corbett were in error at the trial?
Good question. Corbett did not say the text was definitely sent from the Icon, because as far as I understand, he can only say what cell tower the phone was pinging off and not the precise location of the phone. He did say that cell tower records show Wendi’s phone was in the vicinity of the Icon when that text was sent. I don’t remember Corbett being asked if Harvey and Donna were living there at the time. I don’t believe they were, but I don’t know for sure. I’m sure it can be easily determined through public records or discovery.

I do believe Charlie had a rental in the Continuum around the time of the murder, because Katie testified that the picture of her and Wendi on the beach was taken at the Continuum. I believe THAT may have been where the paella birthday celebration may have taken place. I believe that the same cell tower records Corbett referenced would also be consistent with the text being sent from the vicinity of the Continuum, because those two buildings are both in the same general vicinity and may use the same cell tower(s).

I don’t think that any mistake or confusion was intentional, on either Corbett or Sarah’s part. It is possible they simply were not aware that members of the A family may have lived in two different buildings in the same small area before and after the murder.

I don’t think it makes sense that Harvey and Donna were living in the Icon during the time Charlie rented a place for them in the Continuum (If that is indeed what happened). Wendi says Charlie rented a place for them, and one of the texts shown at trial, Donna asks Charlie if he wants to use the apartment that weekend. Thus suggests to me that there was one apartment they all used. Katie’s testimony suggests to me that this apartment was in the Continuum.

I do think that exactly where the birthday celebration took place, and where cell tower records show Wendi’s phone was in relation to THAT location on that day, should be made clear at any future trial. Otherwise, I think this is an area that is vulnerable to cross-examination.

Last edited:
You’re right that it would be out of the way if they left from Coral Springs, clearly. Coral Springs is about a half hour north of Ft. Lauderdale by car. Orlando is about three hours further north from Coral Springs. IF they left from their Coral Springs house en route to Orlando, then going to Charlie’s house in Ft. Lauderdale would have meant traveling a half an hour in the opposite direction. However, if, as Wendi suggests in her interview, they were at their “weekend place” in Miami Beach, then Ft. Lauderdale IS on the way to Orlando from there. Ft. Lauderdale is about a half an hour North of Miami Beach.
Yes.not only is Fort Lauderdale South, but it’s east. More than half an hour from where they lived in CS. She may have corrected herself saying they were there, bc at first she said CS. Maybe the plan was that they were supposed to be “passing” Charlies from S Beach. Too bad we haven’t been given the cell tower confirmation of that.

Good question. Corbett did not say the text was definitely sent from the Icon, because as far as I understand, he can only say what cell tower the phone was pinging off and not the precise location of the phone. He did say that cell tower records show Wendi’s phone was in the vicinity of the Icon when that text was sent. I don’t remember Corbett being asked if Harvey and Donna were living there at the time. I don’t believe they were, but I don’t know for sure. I’m sure it can be easily determined through public records or discovery.

I do believe Charlie had a rental in the Continuum around the time of the murder, because Katie testified that the picture of her and Wendi on the beach was taken at the Continuum. I believe THAT may have been where the paella birthday celebration may have taken place. I believe that the same cell tower records Corbett referenced would also be consistent with the text being sent from the vicinity of the Continuum, because those two buildings are both in the same general vicinity and may use the same cell tower(s).

I don’t think that any mistake or confusion was intentional, on either Corbett or Sarah’s part. It is possible they simply were not aware that members of the A family may have lived in two different buildings in the same small area before and after the murder.

I don’t think it makes sense that Harvey and Donna were living in the Icon during the time Charlie possibly rented a place in the Continuum. Wendi says Charlie rented a place for them, and one of the texts shown at trial, Donna asks Charlie if he wants to use the apartment that weekend. Thus suggests to me that there was one apartment they all used. Katie’s testimony suggests to me that this apartment was in the Continuum.

I do think that exactly where the birthday celebration took place, and where cell tower records show Wendi’s phone was in relation to THAT location on that day, should be made clear at any future trial. Otherwise, I think this is an area that is vulnerable to cross-examination.
Corbett “ We can see the location of the ICON which is the residence of Harvey and DOnna at that time”(Chart shows showing the ICON)
S Dugan “ So Harvey and Donna lived at a condo at the ICON building”?
Corbett “Yes”

At the time of Harvey Adelsons Birthday weekend 7/5

Corbett “ We can see the location of the ICON which is the residence of Harvey and DOnna at that time”(Chart shows showing the ICON)
S Dugan “ So Harvey and Donna lived at a condo at the ICON building”?
Corbett “Yes”

At the time of Harvey Adelsons Birthday weekend 7/5
I do not personally believe this is true, for the reasons I said above. But this is just my opinion, of course. My personal opinion is that they moved into the Icon at some point after the murder, when they permanently relocated to South Beach, and during the summer of the murder they were using a place Charlie rented in the Continuum on the weekends. Either way, it seems to me like the buildings are close enough that cell phone tower records might be consistent with the text being sent from either building. I do think hypothetically that it would be a problem if the state suggested the was sent from a location near a building that Harvey and Donna lived in, if they didn’t live there at that time.

Indeed, apparently Continuum records have been listed in discovery, which leads me to believe someone knows exactly where these people lived, and when.

Last edited:
I do not personally believe this is true, for the reasons I said above. But this is just my opinion, of course. My personal opinion is that they moved into the Icon at some point after the murder, when they permanently relocated to South Beach, and during the summer of the murder they were using a place Charlie rented in the Continuum on the weekends. Either way, it seems to me like the buildings are close enough that cell phone tower records might be consistent with the text being sent from either building. I do think hypothetically that it would be a problem if the state suggested the was sent from a location near a building that Harvey and Donna lived in, if they didn’t live there at that time.

Indeed, apparently Continuum records have been listed in discovery, which leads me to believe someone knows exactly where these people lived, and when.
Ok just seems so conclusive at trial.

IMHO: One of biggest problems for X-wife. :oops:
Note how far out of the way it was to not only choose to shop for bourbon at ABC Wine & Spirits, but also to take Trescott Drive as a “short cut,“ when there are more direct routes from her house to Mozaik and other liquor stores. (The red dashed line being the shortest.)

Aqua Ridge is location of WA‘s home with broken TV. Mozaik is where she had lunch on July 18, 2014. In addition, her chosen route is certainly a long way to drive to “help herself come to terms with the divorce“ on a day when she was already running so late she couldn’t shower before meeting friends for lunch. OMO.

“An INSANELY Detailed Timeline of Dan Markel's Last Day,” Mentour Lawyer on You Tube. Also see map at timestamp 46:10. Hoping for another arrest very soon. OMO.
IMG_0003.png

Last edited:
Monday, January 22nd:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 10:30am ET) - FL - Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Donna Sue Adelson (73) arrested by FBI @ Miami Intl. Airport (11/13/23) on out-of-County warrant from Leon County arrest Warrant #FW231o2353 & indicted (11/15/23), charged (11/21/23) & arraigned (12/11/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & solicitation to commit 1st degree murder. No bond. Held at Miami-Dade County Jail (Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center. Leon County has 15 days to extradite from Miami-Dade County). Transferred from Miami-Dade to Leon County on 11/20/23. Held without bond (murder), $25K (conspiracy) & $25K (solicitation) on 11/21/23. Plead not guilty.
Judge Stephen Everett. Prosecutor Georgia Cappelman. Defense attorney Robert Alexander Morris & Daniel Rashbaum.
Case & Court info from 11/13/23 thru 12/6/23 reference post #210 here:
{URL unfurl="false"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-markel-murdered-by-hitmen-18.695886/page-11[/URL]

12/11/23 Update: Arraignment hearing. Adelson plead not guilty. Adelson was arraigned in court during a hearing that also addressed an emergency motion alleging she had been subjected to "cruel and unusual punishment" during her time in jail. Court ruled no 8th Amendment violation re. cruel & unusual treatment of Adelson. See post #278 here:
{URL unfurl="false"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-markel-murdered-by-hitmen-18.695886/page-14[/URL]. Next status hearing on 1/9/24 @ 2:30pm.

12/19/23 Update: Two new affidavits have been released seeking search warrants for Harvey’s phone & iPad. They seized two iPhones & an iPad from Harvey’s apartment when they searched it on 11/14/23. They already requested, and were granted, a warrant for the data on one of the phones. Now, they have filed these two affidavits seeking warrants for the data on the second phone & the iPad. The affidavits say they are looking for evidence relating to fleeing the country to evade apprehension, as well as anything related to the murder, or Donna’s communications before & after the murder.
1/8/24 Update: Severe storm threat prompts 2nd Judicial Circuit to cancel court on Tuesday, 1/9/24. Adelson's case management hearing will be rescheduled. And motion filed for substitution of counsel. Also Application & Affidavit for search warrant for MacBook Pro S/N-C02ML09LFR1M (purchased in 2013) & MacBook Pro S/N-CMXP99TJLY (purchased in August, 2022) signed by Judge Everett on 1/5/24. Robert Alexander Morris to defend Adelson & Rashbaum is co-counsel. Case management conference hearing is continued on 1/30/24 @ 2:30pm with Judge Everett. Private attorney assigned/added: Rashbaum Daniel. Order Granting Motion for Sub of Counsel. Robert Alex Morris is NOT listed as DA counsel in the docket.
1/11/24 Update: Adelson’s docket: Instead of 1/30/24 at 2:30pm with Judge Everett as previously updated from 1/9/24, the new Notice of Case Management Conference is for Monday 1/22/24 at 10:30am with Judge Everett.

IMHO: One of biggest problems for X-wife. :oops:
Note how far out of the way it was to not only choose to shop for bourbon at ABC Wine & Spirits, but also to take Trescott Drive as a “short cut,“ when there are more direct routes from her house to Mozaik and other liquor stores. (The red dashed line being the shortest.)

Aqua Ridge is location of WA‘s home with broken TV. Mozaik is where she had lunch on July 18, 2014. In addition, her chosen route is certainly a long way to drive to “help herself come to terms with the divorce“ on a day when she was already running so late she couldn’t shower before meeting friends for lunch. OMO.

“An INSANELY Detailed Timeline of Dan Markel's Last Day,” Mentour Lawyer on You Tube. Also see map at timestamp 46:10. Hoping for another arrest very soon. OMO.
View attachment 476626
To me this certainly looks suspicious and may Imply knowledge of the crime. However, absent evidence of an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, or commission of an act which would lead to the death of the victim, this isn’t enough to convict, in my opinion. Mere knowledge that a crime is going to occur and failure to prevent it is not a crime. Interestingly, in Florida there is an exception to the charge of accessory after the fact for close family members. I believe Dan Markel wrote about this exception and took the position that family members should not be treated differently than others with respect to criminal law.

To me this certainly looks suspicious and may Imply knowledge of the crime. However, absent evidence of an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, or commission of an act which would lead to the death of the victim, this isn’t enough to convict, in my opinion. Mere knowledge that a crime is going to occur and failure to prevent it is not a crime. Interestingly, in Florida there is an exception to the charge of accessory after the fact for close family members. I believe Dan Markel wrote about this exception and took the position that family members should not be treated differently than others with respect to criminal law.
very interesting, would like to know more about the Florida exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member