FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have sworn I just watched it and at one point in the interview she discusses how Charlie got them a weekend place and if it’s Friday they probably are there. Did I hallucinate that? I have to go back and watch it again. It may be when they ask her who she would like to come up and be with her, and she says her parents. But its there.
@Knitpicker

I attached a searchable PDF transcript. The transcript is generated by Youtube so it does have flaws i.e. it is voice generated by Youtube so it has some errors and typos but it can be searched and includes time stamps.

Deep Dive True Crime (starts at 1:19:57)

Victims Advocate: Did you say they were in Florida?

Wendi: They are. They're they're splitting ..they're sort of in the process of retiring
semi um so they work together

They're super happy and in love um 40 plus years in
So they like live in Coral Springs for part of the week and then in Miami for part of the week

So today is Friday and they're in Miami

My brother Charlie got this place for them to sort of have them try living in Miami
So sometimes on the weekends, they all hang out together
So they'll be there

Attachments

• Wendi_ISOM Interview.pdf
    707.8 KB · Views: 13
What I don't understand is that Rashbaum waxes lyrical about how much he believes in the US legal system and how it's the best in the world. If that's the case how come you have one client serving LWOP for a crime he didn't commit and another client who is awaiting trial for murder, but also supposedly innocent? Plus Their other two families are also suspects and will most likely be arrested and also are innocent.. That doesn't sound like a very good legal system, if they can charge 4 people for crimes they didn't commit. That sounds like a legal system that is completely broken.

And he has nothing but praise for GC, calling her a brilliant lawyer and a wonderful person. Bro she has locked up innocent people? You should be raging at her and the US legal system, not praising it.

@Knitpicker

I attached a searchable PDF transcript. The transcript is generated by Youtube so it does have flaws i.e. it is voice generated by Youtube so it has some errors and typos but it can be searched and includes time stamps.

Deep Dive True Crime (starts at 1:19:57)

Victims Advocate: Did you say they were in Florida?

Wendi: They are. They're they're splitting ..they're sort of in the process of retiring
semi um so they work together

They're super happy and in love um 40 plus years in
So they like live in Coral Springs for part of the week and then in Miami for part of the week

So today is Friday and they're in Miami

My brother Charlie got this place for them to sort of have them try living in Miami
So sometimes on the weekends, they all hang out together
So they'll be there
Ok thanks.I tended to focus more on what she said to Isom. Interesting that at first she said to him “Coral Springs” and then corrected herself later. Thx
Still not so sure THAT day they were in Miami.

What I don't understand is that Rashbaum waxes lyrical about how much he believes in the US legal system and how it's the best in the world. If that's the case how come you have one client serving LWOP for a crime he didn't commit and another client who is awaiting trial for murder, but also supposedly innocent? Plus Their other two families are also suspects and will most likely be arrested and also are innocent.. That doesn't sound like a very good legal system, if they can charge 4 people for crimes they didn't commit. That sounds like a legal system that is completely broken.

And he has nothing but praise for GC, calling her a brilliant lawyer and a wonderful person. Bro she has locked up innocent people? You should be raging at her and the US legal system, not praising it.
Great catch.
Rashbaum trying to have his banana bread and eat it , again.

When he wasn't flailing in his interview, he was contradicting what's likely to be one of Donna's core defense themes.
When he wasn't doing either of those, he was fibbing, imo

also
When he claimed that he's become so close to Donna and cares for her so much, I would love to have mentioned her total hours of her jail calls and then asked him whether he charges by the hour. ( Because I don't buy his ' I'm super close to Donna, she reminds me of my mother' thing either. imo he's just prepping his trial themes for the Donna rehab)

Last edited:
I don't want to flog the Continuum question like a dead horse, so I'll just give one example

Fantasy scenario - Donna's trial, state's evidence

- I Cloud item ( but deleted from Harvey's 2014MacBookPro files)
A video file of the Domestic Coordinator filming Continuum apartment interior in advance of the murder and then sending it to Wendi. Metadata April 2014. Donna: ' Wendi, look ! I already stocked your kitchen and bought beach toys cause you'll be spending so much time here soon'

Great catch.
Rashbaum trying to have his banana bread and eat it , again.

When he wasn't flailing in his interview, he was contradicting what's likely to be one of Donna's core defense themes.
When he wasn't doing either of those, he was fibbing, imo

also
When he claimed that he's become so close to Donna and cares for her so much, I would love to have mentioned her total hours of her jail calls and then asked him whether he charges by the hour. ( Because I don't buy his ' I'm super close to Donna, she reminds me of my mother' thing either. imo he's just prepping his trial themes for the Donna rehab)
On this subject, did anyone else notice that at one point Rash appeared to be saying something to the effect of how in Charlie’s trial the media attention caused people to come into the case with their opinions already formed… but then he quickly said he did NOT mean the jurors who were actually picked?

OR, how he said something to the effect of how cases shouldn’t be decided in the court of public opinion, and people shouldn’t talk about cases on shows and podcasts, WHILE he was appearing on just such a show/podcast?

That’s how I remember it anyway.

Last edited:
Assbaum wants to have his banana bread and eat it too. He goes on and on about his love of our system of justice, even going so far as to invoke the name of Dan Markel. He unfortunately didn’t have the same scruples when he was advising Donna about fleeing the country to escape justice.

I don't want to flog the Continuum question like a dead horse, so I'll just give one example

Fantasy scenario - Donna's trial, state's evidence

- I Cloud item ( but deleted from Harvey's 2014MacBookPro files)
A video file of the Domestic Coordinator filming Continuum apartment interior in advance of the murder and then sending it to Wendi. Metadata April 2014. Donna: ' Wendi, look ! I already stocked your kitchen and bought beach toys cause you'll be spending so much time here soon'
Im just going to say that even without something like this, in my opinion, it is telling that it appears to me that the entire Tallahassee house had been packed up and vacated by the day after the funeral.

Ok thanks.I tended to focus more on what she said to Isom. Interesting that at first she said to him “Coral Springs” and then corrected herself later. Thx
Still not so sure THAT day they were in Miami.
I took the first question of “where is your closet family” to be where they hail from. Where they live. Not where is their exact location right now. Later, being from Coral Springs is dissected down to where they are at this moment. It’s one instance where I think “Fibbers” was telling the truth.

Im just going to say that even without something like this, in my opinion, it is telling that it appears to me that the entire Tallahassee house had been packed up and vacated by the day after the funeral.
What do you think about that Tuesday that Wendi got locked out of her house.Calls Jeffrey. Asks him to help her get in.He’s going to go over, then she calls and says she got in.
(Also keys made for her friends to her house)
That was after the night before breaking up with him for good.
Her parents were in Tallahassee the weekend Before the murder dropping her off right?
Maybe they stayed a couple of days that week to helper pack?
what about the movers?Any hired?
Her lease agreement. When did it end? Did she break it? Realtor interviewed by state?
Ruth in her book does mention that the house was barren,

Last edited:
On this subject, did anyone else notice that at one point Rash appeared to be saying something to the effect of how in Charlie’s trial the media attention caused people to come into the case with their opinions already formed… but then he quickly said he did NOT mean the jurors who were actually picked?

OR, how he said something to the effect of how cases shouldn’t be decided in the court of public opinion, and people shouldn’t talk about cases on shows and podcasts, WHILE he was appearing on just such a show/podcast?

That’s how I remember it anyway.
yeah he definitely said that, it's the 'looool' moment in the post here. FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

he said a lot of things which were unwise or contradictory but I just couldn't keep up trying to make notes while he was speaking live, he was starting to speed up and flap

jumping off your post

Imagine being in Ruth's shoes and considering whether you will testify to matters such as but not limited to that, this time around

( TBC. Because of her sensitive position wrt the boys. It's so sad. There must have been other witnesses - friends of Wendi - who can step up instead, to contradict Wendi's claims about not clearing Aqua Ridge.)

I took the first question of “where is your closet family” to be where they hail from. Where they live. Not where is their exact location right now. Later, being from Coral Springs is dissected down to where they are at this moment. It’s one instance where I think “Fibbers” was telling the truth

Wendi “I don’t know if I can take care of them like this“ (apparently in her state -crying etc)
Isom ” Alright. Where’s your closest family at”?

That doesn't seem to me as though he is asking where they are from.
Maybe thats just how I’m seeing it. Not that I’m right.
It could be that perhaps thats where they Should be , given their usual schedule, but that day they weren’t.
It was a big day.
I guess we would have to know where Donnas phone was that day.
Do we know?

jumping off your post

Imagine being in Ruth's shoes and considering whether you will testify to matters such as but not limited to that, this time around

( TBC. Because of her sensitive position wrt the boys. It's so sad. There must have been other witnesses - friends of Wendi - who can step up instead, to contradict Wendi's claims about not clearing Aqua Ridge.)
Tamara was there and I thinks she said the house looked barren.not sure exactly of what she said.I’ll review the video. ML edited a lot out of that one. So he knows more about JL and TD’s interview than the public does.

Tamara was there and I thinks she said the house looked barren.not sure exactly of what she said.I’ll review the video. ML edited a lot out of that one. So he knows more about JL and TD’s interview than the public does.
Thanks but don't go to too much trouble.
Demko would be good though.
Also, because they had lots of people coming over to Aqua Ridge to offer condolences, there has to be more people at the house after the 20th memorial and before they quit on 21st July. ( People who can contradict Wendi's claims that she just took swimsuits and had an old friend go get rest of her stuff much later etc)

Assbaum wants to have his banana bread and eat it too. He goes on and on about his love of our system of justice, even going so far as to invoke the name of Dan Markel. He unfortunately didn’t have the same scruples when he was advising Donna about fleeing the country to escape justice.

Makes you wonder if Rash is doling out advice to Wendy and Harvey to flee as well.

Thanks but don't go to too much trouble.
Demko would be good though.
Also, because they had lots of people coming over to Aqua Ridge to offer condolences, there has to be more people at the house after the 20th memorial and before they quit on 21st July. ( People who can contradict Wendi's claims that she just took swimsuits and had an old friend go get rest of her stuff much later etc)
Tamara had said Janine was there when she was.
Just started listening to it.

Heard something interesting.
W and D went to court June 3rd where he was adding the issue of non disclosed assets.
June 4th Tamara and Dan had dinner for her BDay.
W had the boys that night. Also the night JL got W Pepto Bismol.

The guys Luis and Sigfredo were up that weekend for the 1st attempt.
I remember thinking if that is why the attempt failed. (or maybe the hit was scheduled June 4th or 5th-I forget .)
That W didn't know about his dinner plans.

Makes sense that Wendi would be an emotional wreck those couple of days.

Last edited:
jumping off your post

Not my place to jump in here, but it seems as though after Ruths book, there would be a permanent animosity towards Ruth.
She wasn’t even invited to the last boys Bar Mitzvah. What could be worse than that?
At this point, testifying would at least help the state.
She already lost with Wendi. Poor woman. Should have been enjoying the fruit of her labor in her twilight years.

Tamara had said Janine was there when she was.
Just started listening to it.

Heard something interesting.
W and D went to court June 3rd where he was adding the issue of non disclosed assets.
June 4th Tamara and Dan had dinner for her BDay.
W had the boys that night. Also the night JL got W Pepto Bismol.

The guys Luis and Sigfredo were up that weekend for the 1st attempt.
I remember thinking if that is why the attempt failed. (or maybe the hit was scheduled June 4th or 5th-I forget .)
That W didn't know about his dinner plans.

Makes sense that Wendi would be an emotional wreck those couple of days.
Thanks, I can't recall when LR & Sig Garcia departed on the 4th, whether it was before evening or not.

Did Demko say anything about herself noticing the house in process of being packed or if not, whether WA mentioned that they were going to be leaving for SFL very soon?

ETA:
deleted the comments about ' Janine'...

re Ruth point. I just meant wrt to the boys perception. I think that if the same incriminating testimony can be derived from somebody else, it's better for Ruth ( Markels desperate hope for a future relationship with the boys post conviction of DA and possibly their mother)

Last edited:
Thanks, I can't recall when LR & Sig Garcia departed on the 4th, whether it was before evening or not.

Did Demko say anything about herself noticing the house in process of being packed or if not, whether WA mentioned that they were going to be leaving for SFL very soon?

ETA:
deleted the comments about ' Janine'...

re Ruth point. I just meant wrt to the boys perception. I think that if the same incriminating testimony can be derived from somebody else, it's better for Ruth ( Markels desperate hope for a future relationship with the boys post conviction of DA and possibly their mother)
I am having a hard time finding only Tamaras interview. I am watching “parts” (Tamara and others on the same video) that ML has complied and edited. I haven't seen the one of only her in prob a year and a half at least.
So, I haven't gotten to that part About the house.

I am being reminded of some very important pieces of information that Tamara supplies. I really hope she is called to the stand. The whole Harvey ignoring her and not looking at her in the eyes, the weird defense of Wendi by Janine (or is her name Jane?). Ruths comments to Tamara after the memorial of asking to see the boys and Donna walking away with them, ignoring Her. I have a few things to do but I will look for the interview where it is just her. I have a hard time navigating his videos for some reason.
She mentioned a Text W sent her June 17th praising Jeffrey. Iwill have to see where that fits into his timeline of on again/off again with her…tbc…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck