FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s interesting, because as I recall he did readily admit, on the stand, to being very angry and yelling about her suspected infidelity, but he also said she ended up behaving in a way he had rarely seen and that he found disproportionate to the situation. As I recall, he said that she was in a fetal position on the floor and crying and so he couldn’t try to talk to her anymore after that. As I recall he also said she kept admitting to things and then denying them in the same conversation, and this went on and on.
I don't have all 3 testimonies to hand - to link & timestamp & then compare but
In Trial 2 he says
'June 28th. we had a relationship conflict ... I don't know if argument is the right word ... I was tired of being strung along and we sort of had it out...'

Trial 2, at 16.16

That's right though, he did describe her response as you state - I just don't know which trial that was. He's also said that she ' decompensated ' Trial 3.
( He's not a clinical psych but he does have experience in related fields on his cv, and in hospitals IIRC. That stood out for me because of previous references to her mental health over the years. )

Anyway, if he'd been terrifying explosive, with loud scary yelling , out of control why would you maintain contact through the Miami fortnight and want to meet up for a dinner date mid July and then follow that up with an invite to yoga?

She did also push ' Danny was emotionally abusive' pretty hard

Last edited:
Yes You are right.
I lived in NY and we had a garage door and my parents parked one car in the one car garage (snow etc)

I mentioned Florida because thats the state we are chatting about.
And I always leave my house through the laundry room into the garage where my car is.
We only park one car in t he garage because its really hard to get two in unless we get out junk lol.
My Florida home came with a garage door opener and car remotes and a pad on the outside.

Yes Aqua ridge home was 4 bedrooms and 3 baths and 2200. Sq feet, so the bedrooms were small unless she didnt have a dining room. Most new homes in florida no longer have formal dining rooms or living rooms.
Most now have big family rooms attached to the kitchen with breakfast islands..
It really gives you more for your money.
Four bedrooms in theory would give them one bedroom for her and one for each of the boys, and an extra, possibly for certain frequent visitors? I’m sure rent is less in Tallahassee, but that seems like a lot of space, and hypothetically difficult to manage on just a clinical faculty salary. Donna does speak in her emails about how inconvenient it was for them to keep going up there, and how it impacted the business, and how they were paying for some of her expenses. In my opinion it may have been less of a financial hit in terms of travel, expenses, and a perceived loss of Harvey’s income, to have them all living together in Miami. In my opinion we can’t discount a possible personal financial motive for this crime from Donna’s perspective (and possibly Harvey and/or Charlie’s).

who knows? Could be. Might not be.Am not saying you're wrong but it was just a consideration. ) Have to wait to see if it comes out in a Wendi prosecution?)

'Friend I grew up with. I don't take anything Wendi or Rashbaum says at face value because we've seen them both misrepresent facts during the last trial.

I can't put myself in her shoes but nonetheless, if it was me I'd need somebody I 100% trusted to go through every drawer, cupboard... pack up my life's belongings.

An old male school friend/teacher is going to pack up your lingerie drawer, your financial hard copies, your acrimonious divorce filings, any emails you've printed from your crazy mother, your old love letters, insert other examples as appropriate?
If you left your house on a Monday with the intent to return in a few days, that's a helluva lot of packing, even in a furnished rental.

I've hired professionals to pack & move contents in my absence before. No concerns with that
It’s possible that stuff had already been moved, hypothetically.

It’s possible that stuff had already been moved, hypothetically.
ofc but that doesn't fit with what she has testified to on the stand ( I linked to the clip & gave the timestamp)

her testimony was - specifically - that she's packed only enough to be gone for a few days.
I'm working with what she's testifying to not what I suspect actually happened

I don't have all 3 testimonies to hand - to link & timestamp & then compare but
In Trial 2 he says
'June 28th. we had a relationship conflict ... I don't know if argument is the right word ... I was tired of being strung along and we sort of had it out...'

Trial 2, at 16.16

That's right though, he did describe her response as you state - I just don't know which trial that was. He's also said that she ' decompensated ' Trial 3.
( He's not a clinical psych but he does have experience in related fields on his cv. That stood out for me because of previous references to her mental health over the years. )

Anyway, if he'd been terrifying explosive, with loud scary yelling , out of control why would you maintain contact through the Miami fortnight and want to meet up for a dinner date mid July and then follow that up with an invite to yoga?
And I think he’s also said, as I recall, that during that Miami fortnight, she was talking about how much she couldn’t wait to see him and missed him. (Although, as she later told Isom, once she got back and saw him, she wrote him the no contact email because she wanted to see what it would be like to be apart from him.)

ofc but that doesn't fit with what she has testified to on the stand ( I linked to the clip & gave the timestamp)

her testimony was - specifically - that she's packed only enough to be gone for a few days.
I'm working with what she's testifying to not what I suspect actually happened
Oh right, I see your point. To me then her story makes even less sense when you point that out.

Is he arguing that she wouldn’t have made plans for after the murder if she knew it was going to occur? Would she have said “I can’t go, because my husband is going to be murdered?” That’s the theory of defense?
I can already envisage Georgia using lines like that in a future trial.
Effective, concise, irony/humour.
I hope so.

Do we think Donna takes the stand? Does she have to? Now as friendly, smiling grandma? Does Charlie tell his same story only & then the defense just argues she followed what her son told her? She never testifies?

Do we think Donna takes the stand? Does she have to? Now as friendly, smiling grandma? Does Charlie tell his same story only & then the defense just argues she followed what her son told her? She never testifies?
If the theory of the defense is that Donna was just doing what Charlie told her, and he told her he was extorted, someone has to testify that he told her that. Either Donna or Charlie. So I don’t see how one of them doesn’t testify, unless there is some other evidence which can show that Donna was told that Charlie was being extorted. What evidence exists for that other than Charlie’s testimony or Donna’s? What evidence was there for it in Charlie’s trial other than his own testimony?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple
Back