FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I recall that 11:00 seems to a “time” for Jeffrey. Didn’t he says somewhere he is not a morning person and that Wendi knew this?
Possibly when his classes were and when he made it out in the morning. .
As 8 am may be to someone else.
Did he never tell Wendi what time he was leaving?
I assumed he did.

Yes, in one of his testimonies (not sure if it was the was the 1st or 2nd trial) he said something like ~ “she knows I’m not a late riser and that I’d be leaving at around 11:00am”. Not a direct quote, but similar. Further to my point that he convinced himself ‘subconsciously’ that she knew he was leaving at 11:00am.

The great George Constanza once said “if you believe it, it’s not a lie”. Perjury works the same way, the lie has to be a conscience lie and said purposely. I seriously think Jeff believes she knew he was ‘planning’ on leaving at 11:00an on Friday. He literally told Isom that ‘he probably told others and she probably found out from others’. As I said he is doing this as the subconscious level - he convinced himself she knew his exact departure time. The defense could Impeach Jeff’s testimony, but as far as the the prosecution going after Jeff on perjury charges, to quote Charlie - “not in a million years”.

As far as the ‘timestamps’, I know there is another ‘post’ on this exact topic in another ‘place’ where those are given. I will follow up with you on that later today when I have some time. It shouldn’t take me more than 10 minutes to dig that up, I just need to get in front of my PC.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't WA text or email JL asking if he was still leaving on his trip as planned? This contact by WA was after she told JL not to contact her anymore. Doesn't make sense to contact him when she insisted on going no contact to begin with.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't WA text or email JL asking if he was still leaving on his trip as planned? This contact by WA was after she told JL not to contact her anymore. Doesn't make sense to contact him when she insisted on going no contact to begin with.

What you are thinking of is the last conversation they had in the parking lot that Monday or Tuesday before the murder after their yoga class. Per Jeff, Wendi had a ‘deep’ interest in knowing whether he still planned on going on his TN trip and upon reflection he found that odd since she hit him e-mail that evening asking for ‘no contact’ for a week. I agree its suspicious, but I also wonder if she was trying to line him up to babysit Friday night while she attended the stock-the-bar party.

I am not a JL fan and posted my very unpopular opinion about him during Charlie's trial. He seemed too eager to me to fit in and it just kinda gave me the creeps. I believe I posted that I did not trust his testimony.

And while I do believe Wendi was peripherally involved, I do not believe JL was set up to take the fall for Dan's murder. To me, that was along the lines of the owl T-shirt.
Agree.

Liberties as in perjury?

Well, setting aside speculation about his feelings, motives or subconscious, or jurors perceptions of his testimony & how the State might strengthen or bolster his input in any future Wendi prosecution......... and just focussing on your comments re the importance of details..... maybe we want to nail this down? ( saves rehashing time in the future?)

Absolutely agree about details and this is the place where one can pore over details- even if it's really, really boring.

Any chance you can link to the interview & trial excerpts when you're pasting from your notes? I'm looking at your post 614 where you raise an issue of discrepancies
- JL 1st interview vs JL third interview
- any one or all of the three trials where he testifies and takes these liberties? ( Looking at the Magbanua retrial he does say that WA knew he was leaving at 11 Fri but in that trial he gives the reason why he believes WA knew specifcs)

Right now, am looking at the videos of his trial 3 testimony on this matter and also looking at the March 2015 Isom interview but you might want to signpost the items you're raising in Post 614 yourself? ( The links & timestamps from your notes)

------

To be clear - Me personally, I am more focused on Donna's forthcoming trial. More than testing arguments about evidence for any future prosecution of Wendi but seeing as you're raising this now why not thrash it out and nail it before Donna's trial starts, one at a time?

Here you go:

Listen stating at the 9:10 minute mark – This is the first interview days after the murder where Jeff said he had ‘vague’ plans to leave on Thursday or Friday.

Listen stating at the 1:52:40 minute mark – this is the 3rd interview (8 months later) where Jeff now claims Wendi knew he was leaving on Friday and Isom confronts Jeff’s based on his previous statements.

Absent of someone coming forward saying they told Wendi Jeff planned on leaving at 11:00am on Friday, Wendi knowing Jeff was leaving at 11:00am on Friday seems like another falsehood that many latch onto. Jeff also testified that Wendi knew he was leaving at 11:00am on Friday (again I believe all 3 trials). Again, absent someone coming forward, I would say Jeff took some ‘liberties’ in his testimony to ‘help’ the states case against Wendi and I truly believe he is doing so ‘subconsciously’.

Here you go:

Listen stating at the 9:10 minute mark – This is the first interview days after the murder where Jeff said he had ‘vague’ plans to leave on Thursday or Friday.

Listen stating at the 1:52:40 minute mark – this is the 3rd interview (8 months later) where Jeff now claims Wendi knew he was leaving on Friday and Isom confronts Jeff’s based on his previous statements.

Absent of someone coming forward saying they told Wendi Jeff planned on leaving at 11:00am on Friday, Wendi knowing Jeff was leaving at 11:00am on Friday seems like this is just another falsehood that many latch onto. Jeff also testified that Wendi knew he was leaving at 11:00am on Friday (again I believe all 3 trials). Again, absent someone coming forward, I would say Jeff took some ‘liberties’ in his testimony to ‘help’ the states case against Wendi and I truly believe he is doing so ‘subconsciously’.
I believe she knew he was going out of town, and I believe she may have been interested in where he would be on Friday morning. Beyond that, who knows?

I don’t believe he was intentionally set up, because I don’t believe it was that consciously and deliberately planned. However, I do believe that W may have wanted to know where he was going to be, and that it is possible she wanted that info in her back pocket in case she needed to speak to police and throw them off the trail.

I also believe it is possible she wrote him that “do not contact me” email because she did not want to see him but didn’t want to officially break up, and/or because she wanted to create the impression that he may have been upset with feeling “jilted.” In the police interview, Isom asks her why she wrote the “no contact” email. She first tells him she wanted to have some time apart so see what that would be like. He then reminds her that she had just been apart from him for a week while visiting Miami for Harvey’s birthday. She then explains that she wanted to see what it was like to be apart from him while they were both in Tallahassee.

My problem with the set-up theory is that the hit men were just following DM around, there was not a set time for the hit to take place. Therefore, the whole 11 AM stuff is kind of irrelevant?

I believe she knew he was going out of town, and I believe she may have been interested in where he would be on Friday morning. Beyond that, who knows?

I don’t believe he was intentionally set up, because I don’t believe it was that consciously and deliberately planned. However, I do believe that W may have wanted to know where he was going to be, and that it is possible she wanted that info in her back pocket in case she needed to speak to police and throw them off the trail.

I also believe it is possible she wrote him that “do not contact me” email because she did not want to see him but didn’t want to officially break up, and/or because she wanted to create the impression that he may have been upset with feeling “jilted.” In the police interview, Isom asks her why she wrote the “no contact” email. She first tells him she wanted to have some time apart so see what that would be like. He then reminds her that she had just been apart from him for a week while visiting Miami for Harvey’s birthday. She then explains that she wanted to see what it was like to be apart from him while they were both in Tallahassee.

Yes, she definitely knew he was planning a trip to TN that weekend. Her motive for asking if he still planned on going away may very well have had to do with her knowledge of the family plan but also may be the reason I suggested as well - we can only speculate. My main point is Jeff’s testimony on what Wendi knew about his ‘scheduled’ departure time to TN evolved.

There is an old saying in sports – “the tape don’t lie”. I think its clear by the two timestamps I provided that without someone else coming forward and testifying that they told Wendi Jeff planned on leaving on Friday at 11:00am, she didn’t know he was leaving on Friday at 11:00am. I say that and base it on Jeff’s direct statements to Isom in the third interview – the tape don’t lie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop
Back