FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Florida, you can get wine at a local pharmacy like Walgreens and CVS. Not hard liquor. Also at a gas station.
Most Publix supermarkets, the popular store with one every few miles, has an adjacent liquor store where you can get hard alcohol. They sell wine only in the supermarket.

At least in the 2014 timeframe, most Tallahassee Publix's did not have the adjacent liquor store. The first one to roll that out in town is at 3521 Thomasville Road, which was an ~11 minute drive from Wendi's Aqua Ridge house.

Poor Sigfredo Garcia, his visitation privilege got Suspended. He is alleged to have frequent psychiatric episodes. And his LWOP is under harsh regime with the general population at Santa Rosa CI.

Katie Magbanua’s LWOP is better off because her visitation privilege is Not Suspended at the “modern” Lowell Annex prison. Anyway, she is getting a vacation from Florida State Prison at Leon County Jail from 9/9/2024. At Leon County Jail, Katie will get a cell for herself, better meal plan, and a tablet for video calls provided she could afford these calls.

LWOP is cooler in South Dakota than in Florida, of course. Charlie Adelson’s visitation privilege is also Not Suspended. He will be getting a vacation from South Dakota Prison at Leon County Jail from 9/17/2024 for a shorter duration as compared to Katie’s vacation. Charlie will get the opportunity to see dear Donna Adelson at Court Room 3G; yeah 3G again; when he testifies.

Of course, the Leon County Jail deputies would make sure Donna and Charlie have good WiFi connections with their tablets. The State likes to encourage their propensity at talking. Buying the video calls is just a bunch of spinach for Donna and Charlie. I wonder, will Jerome make a three way calls for them Donna and Charlie at the Leon County Jail. Sigfredo’s mother succeeded to make a three way call for him and Katie in one occasion.

1725338221116.png

Poor Sigfredo Garcia, his visitation privilege got Suspended. He is alleged to have frequent psychiatric episodes. And his LWOP is under harsh regime with the general population at Santa Rosa CI.
Do you have a source or link for this please? Just the item in bold.

It's just that he's on the Defense's witness list so it is germane.

TIA

The audio isn't great but it can be discerned.
The screenshots of the emails between SY & WA are interesting, in my opinion. Always good to get some new material.

Some on the Defense side may continue to argue that this is worthless information but we already knew that the Prosecutor at the SAOffice felt there was sufficient merit to add it to the discovery and witness list ( Those discovery & witness links were posted on WS a few weeks ago) James from Mentour Lawyer briefly mentions Alex Morris' response.

As Georgia is wont to say ' Stay Tuned! '

Some on the Defense side may continue to argue that this is worthless information but we already knew that the Prosecutor at the SAOffice felt there was sufficient merit to add it to the discovery and witness list ( Those discovery & witness links were posted on WS a few weeks ago) James from Mentour Lawyer briefly mentions Alex Morris' response.

I was a bit disappointed by that, expecting something a bit more significant. I'm a bit skeptical about what Sara Yousef's intentions are and whether the email she sent to Orin Snyder is of any value. The State have called her as a witness, so hopefully there is something, but reading the correspondence between her and WA, I can't imagine it would be anything incriminating. At least nothing that would incriminate WA, perhaps her brother and her mother.

I was a bit disappointed by that, expecting something a bit more significant. I'm a bit skeptical about what Sara Yousef's intentions are and whether the email she sent to Orin Snyder is of any value. The State have called her as a witness, so hopefully there is something, but reading the correspondence between her and WA, I can't imagine it would be anything incriminating. At least nothing that would incriminate WA, perhaps her brother and her mother.

Sara was Wendi's friend, so I think any testimony will focus on their conversations.

If Wendi is to be convicted, the testimony of those around her in the timeframe of the murder will be key. While it may not be a smoking gun, Sara could provide some insights into Wendi's state of mind, how she reacted and what actions she took.

Perhaps the biggest questions I have in this case revolve around Wendi's friends and what they observed. With Jane McPherson, I'd like to know why she brought up LaCasse as a possible suspect. Did recent conversations she had with Wendi bring him to mind, or did she just come up with his name on her own? And how about the women that Wendi was lunching with that day? Did they find her demeanor to be unusual?

The answers to those questions could go a long way in convincing a jury of Wendi's guilt. Or for that matter they could be exculpatory.

Perhaps the biggest questions I have in this case revolve around Wendi's friends and what they observed. With Jane McPherson, I'd like to know why she brought up LaCasse as a possible suspect.
Jeez, that Jane woman really owes JL a beer or two. Totally threw him under the bus.

Jeez, that Jane woman really owes JL a beer or two. Totally threw him under the bus.
In my impression just from the interview, Wendi appears to me to possibly be subtly manipulating Jane into suggesting him. As I recall, we know from the interview that Wendi and Jane had gone for a walk just days earlier where they discussed Jeff and how jealous he was. Then when Jane arrives, as I recall, Wendi says “who could have done this,” and Jane asks her if Jeff was crazy enough to do this.

As I recall, the victim advocate is with them (Isom has left the room), and so the victim advocate starts asking who Jeff is and wanting information. As I recall, Jane explains to the victim advocate about who Jeff is and that he’s a jealous guy (this may be the part where we hear about their walk earlier in the week where they talked about Jeff and what to do).

Then at some point, as I recall, Wendi asks Jane and the victim advocate if she should mention Jeff when the investigator comes back in, and Jane, in my impression, jumps right on it with “I think you should,” and I believe the victim advocate agrees.

As I recall, in my opinion, when Isom comes back, it looks like Wendi is bringing Jeff up to Isom because Jane and/or the victim advocate told her she should. In my opinion an argument can be made that this is possibly exactly how Wendi wanted it to look, but that is just my opinion.

In my impression just from the interview, Wendi appears to me to possibly be subtly manipulating Jane into suggesting him. As I recall, we know from the interview that Wendi and Jane had gone for a walk just days earlier where they discussed Jeff and how jealous he was. Then when Jane arrives, as I recall, Wendi says “who could have done this,” and Jane asks her if Jeff was crazy enough to do this.

As I recall, the victim advocate is with them (Isom has left the room), and so the victim advocate starts asking who Jeff is and wanting information. As I recall, Jane explains to the victim advocate about who Jeff is and that he’s a jealous guy (this may be the part where we hear about their walk earlier in the week where they talked about Jeff and what to do).

Then at some point, as I recall, Wendi asks Jane and the victim advocate if she should mention Jeff when the investigator comes back in, and Jane, in my impression, jumps right on it with “I think you should,” and I believe the victim advocate agrees.

As I recall, in my opinion, when Isom comes back, it looks like Wendi is bringing Jeff up to Isom because Jane and/or the victim advocate told her she should. In my opinion an argument can be made that this is possibly exactly how Wendi wanted it to look, but that is just my opinion.
Wendi had that walk with Jane on Wednesday too.
So wendi suggested Jane go to the station…maybe a set up?

Katie Magbanua’s LWOP is better off because her visitation privilege is Not Suspended at the “modern” Lowell Annex prison. Anyway, she is getting a vacation from Florida State Prison at Leon County Jail from 9/9/2024. At Leon County Jail, Katie will get a cell for herself, better meal plan, and a tablet for video calls provided she could afford these calls.

LWOP is cooler in South Dakota than in Florida, of course. Charlie Adelson’s visitation privilege is also Not Suspended. He will be getting a vacation from South Dakota Prison at Leon County Jail from 9/17/2024 for a shorter duration as compared to Katie’s vacation. Charlie will get the opportunity to see dear Donna Adelson at Court Room 3G; yeah 3G again; when he testifies.

Of course, the Leon County Jail deputies would make sure Donna and Charlie have good WiFi connections with their tablets. The State likes to encourage their propensity at talking. Buying the video calls is just a bunch of spinach for Donna and Charlie. I wonder, will Jerome make a three way calls for them Donna and Charlie at the Leon County Jail. Sigfredo’s mother succeeded to make a three way call for him and Katie in one occasion.

View attachment 528690
Thanks for the updates. I wonder if CA will get some face tattoo's, oh well, maybe not.

View attachment 528690
Luis was smart. Sigfredo was not. Katie was not. The question is…why?

Sara was Wendi's friend, so I think any testimony will focus on their conversations.

If Wendi is to be convicted, the testimony of those around her in the timeframe of the murder will be key. While it may not be a smoking gun, Sara could provide some insights into Wendi's state of mind, how she reacted and what actions she took.

Perhaps the biggest questions I have in this case revolve around Wendi's friends and what they observed. With Jane McPherson, I'd like to know why she brought up LaCasse as a possible suspect. Did recent conversations she had with Wendi bring him to mind, or did she just come up with his name on her own? And how about the women that Wendi was lunching with that day? Did they find her demeanor to be unusual?

The answers to those questions could go a long way in convincing a jury of Wendi's guilt. Or for that matter they could be exculpatory.
If you remember Jeffreys first time at the station, he basically felt the same way. They both hated Dan due to Wendi.
She had them both under her control.

Luis was smart. Sigfredo was not. Katie was not. The question is…why?
That’s the big question of this case, isn’t it? Especially when you read the letters I’ve see from Sig’s counsel which seem to me to be him to cooperate and imply, the way I read them, that the state may go easy on Katie if he does so.

If you remember Jeffreys first time at the station, he basically felt the same way. They both hated Dan due to Wendi.
I'm not sure I would agree that LaCasse hated Markel. Disliked and felt he was arrogant? Sure. But hate is a visceral emotion and nothing that LaCasse said in that first interview made me think that he had really strong feelings about DM, except in how it impacted his relationship with Wendi.

But either way, based on LaCasse's whole demeanor, do you really think he's the sort of man who would shoot someone in the head over jealousy issues? Of course I don't know what he's like in real life, but just from what we've seen in interviews and on the stand, he doesn't strike me as that sort of guy. We often see murderous boyfriends on Websleuths and they generally have a certain attitude and background. To me, LaCasse comes across like a guy who rarely raises his voice and has probably has never been in a fight in his adult life.

So, I have to wonder what made Jane think of him straight-off? She immediately mentions him as soon as "who could have done this" comes up. What gives?

I was just re-watching one of Jeff’s interviews. In the one I saw, as I recall, he says that she told people he was stalking her, he adamantly denies that he would ever behave like that, and he appears to me to start to question whether any of what she told him about Dan - which he says included that Dan was stalking her - was true.

I'm not sure I would agree that LaCasse hated Markel. Disliked and felt he was arrogant? Sure. But hate is a very visceral emotion and nothing that LaCasse said in that first interview made me think that he had really strong feelings about DM, except in how it impacted his relationship with Wendi.

But either way, based on LaCasse's whole demeanor, do you really think he's the sort of man who would shoot someone in the head over jealousy issues? Of course I don't know what he's like in real life, but just from what we've seen in interviews and on the stand, he doesn't strike me as that sort of guy. We often see murderous boyfriends on Websleuths and they generally have a certain attitude and background. To me, LaCasse comes across like a guy who rarely raises his voice and has probably has never been in a fight in his adult life.

So, I have to wonder what made Jane think of him straight-off? She immediately mentions him as soon as "who could have done this" comes up. What gives?
In my opinion there was manipulation.

That’s the big question of this case, isn’t it? Especially when you read the letters I’ve see from Sig’s counsel which seem to me to be him to cooperate and imply, the way I read them, that the state may go easy on Katie if he does so.

Sigfredo has nothing to offer. I also doubt he had anything to offer prior to the first conviction unless he was willing to take Katie down with him and he clearly wasn’t willing to make that sacrifice. Sigfredo only knew whatever BS story Katie fed him. I seriously doubt, and I’d say with 99% certainty, he had any direct communication with anyone beyond the point of demarcation – Katie was the clear demarcation point between Charlie & the hitman. Even if you believe Katie’s story about the sealed envelope that Charlie gave her to be passed onto the hitman, he sill had no direct communication beyond the buffer. As far as Luis, he had no issues taking Katie down but his information was limited to what Sigfredo told him and had no information beyond the demarcation point. I believe the majority of Luis story is accurate but his initial proffer was close to two years after the murder and I wonder if his story is a combination of what he remembers and what he ‘learned’ after the fact.

It’s logical to identify a love interest in the initial stages of a murder investigation. Did you see the Goldberg’s interview? They came with the names of a few women that Dan was romantically involved with as leads. I didn’t wonder what made them think of these women – to me its logical.

It’s logical to identify a love interest in the initial stages of a murder investigation. Did you see the Goldberg’s interview? They came with the names of a few women that Dan was romantically involved with as leads. I didn’t wonder what made them think of these women – to me its logical.
Of course the ex-boyfriend would be a suspect. But it's not that so much as the way that Jane immediately jumps to him as soon as talk turns to "who did this." She say something along the lines of "Jeff would be my vote".

My question is what led Jane to believe that Jeff could be capable and willing to shoot Dan Markel. Why was Jeff her "vote"?

Maybe it's simply that as the ex-boyfriend he's a likely candidate. Or maybe someone had been feeding her stories about Jeff that painted him to be the sort of person who would shoot someone because of jealousy issues.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back