FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. I don't know. Someone posted somewhere claiming she is, but who knows. She undoubtedly is supposed to be testifying in the next couple weeks at the trial.
I believe that it’s possible that were it not for Scott Radius, there would BE no trial. I hope we don’t need someone like that again this time.

During his trial, when CA tried to minimize the "outside your house" text, he said something to the effect of "The highway is only the length of a football field away from my house." Do you think he was suggesting they were driving on 441.
441 isn’t considered a highway. It’s a state road with restaurants and stop and go traffic.
The only two highways are Turnpike and I95.
They go N-s
Theres another road that goes E-W called 595. If you google Whale harbor and expand the map, you will see what I mean. Its hard to explain.

During his trial, when CA tried to minimize the "outside your house" text, he said something to the effect of "The highway is only the length of a football field away from my house." Do you think he was suggesting they were driving on 441.
I’m thinking that his use of the word “Highway” would indicate he is talking about I95 not the Turnpike.
In S Florida We usually just say “Turnpike” if we mean the turnpike
Or “highway” if we mean I95.
At least it’s been like that for me.
I95 was always the main Highway for S Florida in a way-because most of S Florida was located more towards the beaches of the East coast.Maybe Amicuscurie may disagree.

I’m thinking that his use of the word “Highway” would indicate he is talking about I95 not the Turnpike.
In S Florida We usually just say “Turnpike” if we mean the turnpike
Or “highway” if we mean I95.
At least it’s been like that for me.
I95 was always the main Highway for S Florida in a way-because most of S Florida was located more towards the beaches of the East coast.Maybe Amicuscurie may disagree.
, I don’t disagree. I would say 95 or Turnpike. We usually say highway or expressway for big roads without traffic lights. Then again, there’s also US1, which is a regular road, but in Miami some older people still call it “The Highway.” I’m not familiar with 75 or 595 at all, because I try not to go North of the Dade-Broward line if I can help it. There are Broward people who are the reverse.

Looks like the “outside your house” text WILL come in, so all of this SunPass discussion is moot, I guess.

Looks like the “outside your house” text WILL come in, so all of this SunPass discussion is moot, I guess.
DA and DR are going to look so ridiculous as they try and convince a jury consisting of 12 intelligent adults that "outside your house" means "driving past your house 1km away"....

And DR's mannerisms and demeanour in court make it so much worse. He is very theatrical, and sarcastic and patronising. He will try and make out that anyone that thinks "outside your house" actually means "outside your house" is a complete idiot. He'll raise his voice and stamp his feet and laugh sarcastically and just dig his hole even deeper...

I'm not sure he has any other option?

It’s always been my impression the defense was talking about the Turnpike. 441 doesn’t use SunPass, I don’t believe, and if you took it from Miami to Orlando it would take forever. That’s why they built the Turnpike in the first place. 441 was the old road that ran through the state, now it’s mostly used locally. It’s a regular road, not an expressway. I don’t think they’d have any reason to be on 441 unless they were stopping somewhere. 441 is in a Tom Petty lyric, though. So there’s that.
I only referenced the 441 because Charlie lives near there and they would have to get off the Turnpike and 95 to get there, not that they would have taken that road to get there from the south.

Jay put it on his channel. Its the one where the LE (Not Isom) seeems completely disinterested in anything he says.
Thank you for mentioning this. I hadn't seen so much of this. Mentour L has it cut up, this is finally the whole one. This is the first hearing him say she accused him of stalking her. He doesnt originally here think she's trying to frame her, but I guess some additional time plus his friends bringing it to his attention, made him realize otherwise.

Her saying that he stalked her is just unreal. What he did was catch her lying to him about cheating. He busted her. And then hearing him say that he was like her personal assistant and how much she used him. Again, to me this proves she never was interested in him. I agree with him that the other guy that she was seeing was the #1 boyfriend. Poor guy, just divorced and devoured by her.

I haven't watched in a while, but I believe it was in the first interview, which probably was the next day after the murder that, when he came in, he said I'm not surprised because I probably said a dozen times that I want to kick his a@@. It was when he drove in from Tennessee straight it seems to the station. Interview number one. I haven't looked at the older posts here for what you were referring to in terms of people discussing it, but I'm pretty sure that's the one. This one where he talks about the spell was interview #2. The third i think was in March.

Thank you for mentioning this. I hadn't seen so much of this. Mentour L has it cut up, this is finally the whole one. This is the first hearing him say she accused him of stalking her. He doesnt originally here think she's trying to frame her, but I guess some additional time plus his friends bringing it to his attention, made him realize otherwise.

Her saying that he stalked her is just unreal. What he did was catch her lying to him about cheating. He busted her. And then hearing him say that he was like her personal assistant and how much she used him. Again, to me this proves she never was interested in him. I agree with him that the other guy that she was seeing was the #1 boyfriend. Poor guy, just divorced and devoured by her.

I haven't watched in a while, but I believe it was in the first interview, which probably was the next day after the murder that, when he came in, he said I'm not surprised because I probably said a dozen times that I want to kick his a@@. It was when he drove in from Tennessee straight it seems to the station. Interview number one. I haven't looked at the older posts here for what you were referring to in terms of people discussing it, but I'm pretty sure that's the one. This one where he talks about the spell was interview #2. The third i think was in March.
Yes right, the first interview was after Tenn, then he came in a few days later, (which is the one where you can’t see him-hes out of the camera—too bad).. the one where he says he was babysitting the kids and she was out ——ing Sack during the day.
Then he comes in in March and had a sport jacket on for that interview.
It was very sad hearing that interview.
because she used him . When she had the kids and it wasn’t DM’s week, he put her kids to sleep, he probably was the one to read them books before bedtime, clean her house, and she gave him her body in exchange when the kids were at Dans. Like he was earning his pay.

I think about Charlie treated women, and she was the same with men.

I have been looking for the part about “kicking his a$$” and I have to assume ML edited it out.

I’m wondering if Georgia is saving that interview we are discussing (Sack comment)for Wendis trial and if that could even come in as evidence.
Just for her character. She sure doesn’t waste any time finding new men.
The OK Cupid info should be interesting.

Last edited:
Friday, Sept. 6th:
*Motions Hearing (@ am ET) - FL - Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Donna Sue Adelson (73/now 74) arrested by FBI @ Miami Intl. Airport (11/13/23) on out-of-County warrant from Leon County arrest Warrant #FW231o2353 & indicted (11/15/23), charged (11/21/23) & arraigned (12/11/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & solicitation to commit 1st degree murder. No bond. Held at Miami-Dade County Jail (Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center. Leon County has 15 days to extradite from Miami-Dade County). Transferred from Miami-Dade to Leon County on 11/20/23. Held without bond (murder), $25K (conspiracy) & $25K (solicitation) on 11/21/23. Plead not guilty. Leon County
Jury selection set to begin on 9/17/24. (3-4 days).
Trial set to begin on 9/23/24.
Leon County Circuit Judge Stephen S. Everett. Prosecutor Georgia Cappelman & Assistant State attorney Sarah Dugan. Defense attorney Robert Alexander Morris & Daniel Rashbaum.

Case & Court info from 11/13/23 thru 8/28/24 reference post #1009 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...murdered-by-hitmen-4-guilty-23.715216/page-38

8/28/24 Docket update: Defendant Adelson's Motion in Limine directed to the testimony of Sergeant Christopher Corbitt & related summary exhibit. Next motions hearing on 8/30/24 @ 9am. Final pretrial hearing on 9/12/24 @ 9am.
8/30/24 Update: Motion to Dismiss Indictment or Exclude Evidence: Decision Reserved. Motion to Exclude Travel to Vietnam Evidence: Denied. Motion to Exclude Autopsy Photos: Denied. Motion to Move to Smaller Courtroom: Denied. Motion to Exclude Evidence of Cumulative Wealth: Denied in Part, Granted in Part (State can introduce evidence that Adelson had means to pay million bribe & payments for murder but cannot introduce evidence of general net worth). Motion To Exclude Wiretap Calls: Denied. Motion to Exclude LaCasse Testimony Re: WA's Statement that CA had looked into hiring hitman: Decision Reserved. Motion To Exclude Evidence Re: Boys' Name Change & Denial of Visitation: Decision Reserved. Autopsy photos- are in. Travel to Vietnam/looking up on internet non extradition countries - are in. LR mention Latin King- Gang member OK-Judge to decide if wording “Latin Kings” –no decision yet. Video audio Matsuri; yes-but not transcript. Corbitt- Summary of documents/not expert. Emails & jail calls - are in. Defense argued late arrest-state said only until KM proffer did they know of money drop. Wendi’s book/name changes: Denied. Markel visitation/Grandparent Act- (I think judge to decide). Hitman/celebration dinner- wasn’t sure JL issues- Judge to reserve ruling. No jury questionnaire- in person questioning.
Case comments from Court event. Defense motion to dismiss indictment for pre-indictment delay or, alternatively to exclude evidence: Ruling reserved. Defense motion to hold trial in 3B-
Denied. Defense motion to suppress wire tap interceptions-ruling reserved. Defense motion to use jury questionnaire-Denied. Defense motion in Limine: Prong 1: Granted; Prong 2: Granted in part-denied in part; Prong 3: Ruling reserved; Prong 4: Subprongs 1 & 2: Ruling reserved; Subprongs 3 & 4-Granted; Prong 5: Ruling reserved; Prong 6: Denied. Defense motion to preclude travel as consciousness of guilt-Denied. State motion in Limine: Prong 1: Granted in part-Ruling reserved in part-granted as to prior bad act-reserved as to specific affiliation with the Latin Kings; Prong 2: Granted; Prong 3: Granted-Counsel directed to alert court if door opens regarding this matter; Prong 4: Granted; Prong 5: Granted; Prong 6: Granted; Prong 7: Granted in part-Denied in part; Prong 8: Granted. Written Orders to follow regarding all motions. Defendant sworn in by Court. Defense 2nd motion in Limine scheduled to be addressed on 9/6/24. Time & courtroom to be announced.
9/5/24 Docket update: Order DENYING Motion to Dismiss indictment for pre-indictment delay or alternatively, to exclude evidence. For more info see post #322, page 17, thread 24.
9/5/24 Docket Update: Motion in Limine defendant Adelson's sealed Motion in Limine concerning the testimony of Robert Adelson.

Oh I see Mentour has a video on it last night (Rob) ill go there and see what I can find.

Only 11 minutes. 5 of it—- Seems his testimony may be prejudicial to the jurors and not much substance.
Unlikely according to ML that he has any “key information”. That he will “tilt the case towards the prosecution”.
Then he says “On the other side he is the defendants son”.
Ya’ all can listen and see what you get.

The other 6 minutes are him playing soccer and tennis.
Im glad he enjoys his life. Helps with burnout.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back