FL FL - GERARD SCHAEFER -- How Many Victims?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First let me say welcome to the Forum. I think you will find most of the people here pleasant and caring. Fathers are very special people. They hold our hands even after we are old enough to stand on our own. I have learned the value of having children, and like you, I think of this sometimes from the view of my parents, I honestly don't know how they went on. Having a child just vanish, almost as if they never existed, has to be the worst nightmare there is. To go through everyday not knowing.....I thank God everyday for mine, there is always room in this world for little miracles.
Next, let me say Thank You for taking the time to care enough to post. As for my family, I think they are keepers...LOL...Thank You for the lovely compliment, but I must agree, they are something special....losing Debbie has pulled us closer, but we will never be complete until we bring her home.
Next, Thank You for a possible lead. I can assure you I will have someone checking this out by morning. If she has one of Schaefers diaries, she could hold the key to more than one unsolved missing. Thank You does not seem like near enough, and if I ever find the words to actually express how special people like you make me feel, I will let you know.
May God Bless and smile on you.

Hi there!
Just in case you havent seen this, or skimmed over it by accident, on page 48 of "killer fiction" there is a page on the real police detective David Kelly. He says that he obtained a copy of schaefers diary in the late 80's. Looks like there are multiple copies of it.......I don't know if he still works for the police but it cpuld be worth a try....
All the best
Lyndon

Hi there!
Just in case you havent seen this, or skimmed over it by accident, on page 48 of "killer fiction" there is a page on the real police detective David Kelly. He says that he obtained a copy of schaefers diary in the late 80's. Looks like there are multiple copies of it.......I don't know if he still works for the police but it cpuld be worth a try....
All the best
Lyndon
Thank You for once again trying to reach out and help us.I have read Killer Fiction and Silent Scream, both many times. One of the things nobody is sure of, is how many diaries Schaefer had. There really is no way of knowing if he kept them all in one book. I have also been trying for years to get an actual copy of his complete writings. He wrote a story on each of his murders, changing names and etc, but leaving little clues here and there. I keep hoping that somewhere in there, I can find any hint of my sister. To date I have had no luck getting a copy of that journal....but maybe tomorrow? or the day after....someday we will bring her home....

Thank You for taking the time to care!!! People like you refresh our faith that the world is filled with more good hearted folks, than bad........

Lyndon, thank you for posting. I'm so glad you've joined us.

:welcome5:

Someday's, I just here and feel so lost, what do we do next, where do we call, what do we try, I call Brother James, sometimes it slips my mind how hard he had to push to get this far. I never hear any lost in his voice, no tired of the trying, no give...all I ever hear is certain determination that we will get her home. I dry my tears and think of him for a second, so calm, relaxed, easy to get along with, unless you mention his sisters, his nieces, his grandbabies....then ya see that other side that all to often we do not see. That is the side that got us this far. Then I can't even remember why I started crying to begin with....cause self pity sure is not gonna accomplish much. I was my face...comb my hair...start hitting the unidentified sites...maybe today will be the day, not gonna know till we try....so here we go again......

Hello my friend,
Havent had a chance to email. Dr's today and tomorrow :( I am so excited to hear from the fellow about the diary possibility. Are you going to try and contact Detective Kelley? I would bet he will be willing to help you in any way. Perhaps prior to calling him make a list of all your points and questions. (I feel a nervous excitement when I talk w/ our detective) that way you'll remember all you want to discuss. If you have any problems locating him let me know, I can find anyone, I swear and I love a challenge anyway. I want to make a suggestion. I know how dedicated you are to all this and how hard your family has worked. I know you want to get as much out there and get anything back like now, but I also want you to pace your energy. Don't take on too much. I saw where you said you were feeling sick, I felt sad for you. I can relate. If your feeling overwhelmed take a break. So much so fast can wear on you. So just be careful not to take on too much. You have to take care of yourself, remember that. (we'll talk privately on all that later) Rembember you are a human being and not a sleuth machine-LOL-Your amazing. Seriously though, remember to chill (with wine of course LOL)Take care and we'll talk soon. I'll be out of commission for a few days.

Someday's, I just here and feel so lost, what do we do next, where do we call, what do we try, I call Brother James, sometimes it slips my mind how hard he had to push to get this far. I never hear any lost in his voice, no tired of the trying, no give...all I ever hear is certain determination that we will get her home. I dry my tears and think of him for a second, so calm, relaxed, easy to get along with, unless you mention his sisters, his nieces, his grandbabies....then ya see that other side that all to often we do not see. That is the side that got us this far. Then I can't even remember why I started crying to begin with....cause self pity sure is not gonna accomplish much. I was my face...comb my hair...start hitting the unidentified sites...maybe today will be the day, not gonna know till we try....so here we go again......

:wagon::Banane59:

Super glad your here.
Sharing our thoughts and ideas will strengthen our weekness and insecurities,
Having eachothers support means we'll never ever be alone.

Here is an older post I found in an old thread. I already sent it to Seeking by PM. But I wondered if anyone else knows this WS member. They have not posted in awhile, but they know quite a bit about Schaefer.
===============================================

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=661325&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL FL- Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos, Collier County, 2004/5 - Last seen with deputy[/ame]

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html

Gerard John Schaefer (30+) This homicidal Martin County, Florida, deputy sheriff, though convicted in 1973 of only two mutilation murders, is believed to be responsible for at least thirty killings. A sadistic sex-beast by nature, Schaefer would lure young women off the roads with the help of his badge to torture, mutilate and murder. He enjoyed tying his victims to trees and leaving them there while he went to work as a police officer.

Gerard Schaefer never received the publicity that other serial killers did. Many people have never heard of him. I became interested in his case while working in FLorida in the county where some of his crimes took place. I had the pleasure of knowing the Crime Scene investigator who assisted in putting Schaefer away.

:wagon::Banane59:

Super glad your here.
Sharing our thoughts and ideas will strengthen our weekness and insecurities,
Having eachothers support means we'll never ever be alone.

Hey you,
I was wondering when you'd pop in, I was worried. I know how the entire doctor thing goes...and my docs are all super cute and single....which should be illegal, where were they when I was not living on this ughhhhhhhhh machine...no time for self pity there either.
Thank you for your concern, and I am not over doing it my friend, I just may need to read a few less of the dead/missing kids found dead posts.I have to tell you, I love your signature, it reminds me most of my strength comes from within....I did see a really cute one the other day to..it said...women are angels....and when you break our wings we still fly....on broomsticks....we are flexible that way...LOL....seriously, we need to catch up soon, but you need to take care of you too. Thank you for the sweet words, but really I am ok, just gotta add sleep to my routine....talk to ya soon...keep you well...ok?

Here is an older post I found in an old thread. I already sent it to Seeking by PM. But I wondered if anyone else knows this WS member. They have not posted in awhile, but they know quite a bit about Schaefer.
===============================================

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL FL- Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos, Collier County, 2004/5 - Last seen with deputy

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html

Gerard John Schaefer (30+) This homicidal Martin County, Florida, deputy sheriff, though convicted in 1973 of only two mutilation murders, is believed to be responsible for at least thirty killings. A sadistic sex-beast by nature, Schaefer would lure young women off the roads with the help of his badge to torture, mutilate and murder. He enjoyed tying his victims to trees and leaving them there while he went to work as a police officer.

Gerard Schaefer never received the publicity that other serial killers did. Many people have never heard of him. I became interested in his case while working in FLorida in the county where some of his crimes took place. I had the pleasure of knowing the Crime Scene investigator who assisted in putting Schaefer away.

Katydid23 was kind enough to send this to me last night. I hope I remembered to tell her how much all of her help has meant to me and my family. Sometimes after midnight I get forgetful....(sorry) I really neeed help finding contact info on Shadow205 He seems to have a lot of knowledge and one never knows what kind of contacts he has with people on this case.Any help would be so appreciated.

Katydid23 was kind enough to send this to me last night. I hope I remembered to tell her how much all of her help has meant to me and my family. Sometimes after midnight I get forgetful....(sorry) I really neeed help finding contact info on Shadow205 He seems to have a lot of knowledge and one never knows what kind of contacts he has with people on this case.Any help would be so appreciated.
That's an old post, but I know Shadow205 has posted here recently. Try sending a pm.

Nice find, Katydid!

At the top of the screen next to "user PC" is "member list" click that and choose S on the alphabetical list, then on page 22 of 76 scroll down and you'll see shadow 205. there is lot's of shadow____ whatever, but you'll eventually see it. the last post by them was 1-16-12 so obviously still around. email him/her and I'm sure you'll get help. BTW noticed you posted at 4:12 AM. sleep my friend, sleep. Hot tea and a nice hot bath and try to clear your mind. Stress can effect our health more than you can imagine. Don't mean to sound like a mom LOL

At the top of the screen next to "user PC" is "member list" click that and choose S on the alphabetical list, then on page 22 of 76 scroll down and you'll see shadow 205.
If you know the exact spelling you can type in a user name in the search box at the top of the member directory. An even speedier option is to click on a user's name in a post for a drop down menu of choices to find all of the user's posts or send a pm to user. ;)

If you know the exact spelling you can type in a user name in the search box at the top of the member directory. An even speedier option is to click on a user's name in a post for a drop down menu of choices to find all of the user's posts or send a pm to user. ;)
WOW, Thank You so very much!!!! I have sent two pms and do not want to overdo them, I tend to get over anxious and am trying to remember patience is a good thing to have. However your info will be helpful in the future.

Ok, I got a reply from Shadow today. I think she is a little hesitant to tell me things about Schaefer, mostly because he was pure evil. So I sent her a longer email letting her know, I've read all the books, I know all about his unique ways of torture, so I am hoping that relieves her mind some. I will let y'all know when I get another reply.

I am still looking and trying to find a copy of this "journal".I am hoping that when Shadow gets back in touch with me, she may know Detective Kelly. Sometimes having faith is hard, sometimes it is easier to quit and walk away....except there is no peace in that, what a person does not know, can tear them apart quicker than what they do know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back