FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you've read my previous posts in this thread, you'd quickly find that I do care quite a bit. Objecting to Baez's strategy is not advocating Katelyn should kill herself.

Had I been her attorney, I would have prepared a video statement by her to be sent to out to the media and on YouTube.

I would tell her parents not to allow her to speak directly about the case until the civil suit is resolved AND until it is clear she is emotionally stable and a public appearance can be beneficial to her.

So yes, a few media appearances to counter the mug shots all over the Internet and to give her a voice and some sense of purpose in this all, but only once the time is right.

My apologies if I insulted you; I meant to stress that SOME public appearances are necessary to give her a chance to counter the mug shots and all the hate. I am not happy though with HOW this is being done now that I've seen more. I think Baez has made a mistake.

Do you have a link about Phoebe Prince doing that? I do not see how it is related to what happened in South Hadley High School as that alleged incident of calling someone a "Paki *advertiser censored*" has no connection to Kayla Narey or Flannery Mullins.

For the record, I consider this question disingenuous as I never said there was any connection with South Hadley, not to mention Kayla or Flannery.

I see no point of keeping a dialogue with someone playing a game of evasion when the issue is, at the very best, a reckless disregard for a young child's life and, at the worst, a deliberate attempt to drive the child to suicide.

:shutup: :censored:

For the record, I consider this question disingenuous as I never said there was any connection with South Hadley, not to mention Kayla or Flannery.

I see no point of keeping a dialogue with someone playing a game of evasion when the issue is, at the very best, a reckless disregard for a young child's life and, at the worst, a deliberate attempt to drive the child to suicide.
Rebecca Sedgwick is the victim, and the only victim here- NOT Guadalupe Shaw nor Katelyn Roman!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rebecca Sedgwick is the victim, and the only victim here- NOT Guadalupe Shaw nor Katelyn Roman!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thank you Linask, for reminding others (and myself) of this very important fact....

Time to pay attention to my own Siggy line...

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

There is NO excuse for child abuse.

NONE.

And to use the death of one child in order to excuse abusing another child is particularly twisted. Especially when the abuser believes such abuse can kill the child.

Hiding behind a dead child in order to excuse trying to drive another child to suicide is cowardly and pathetic.

If you actually feel that the posters on this thread are trying to drive children to suicide and are abusive towards the young ladies who were accused of bullying Rebecca:

I strongly urge you to alert the mods on each and every post you feel displays your fellow members' "abusive" nature or or any you feel are "driving" these girls to commit suicide. rather than repeatedly referring to this conversation and the members participating in it as "child abusers"

The process for alerting a post to moderators attention is simple. Click the red hazard symbol in the upper right corner of the troubling post(s) and in the popup box, describe to the moderators why you feel those posts are inappropriate, outside of TOS or "abusive"

Now to remove this thread from my subscription list and be done with this whole topic lest I stray from the rule. I am not even sure why this thread is still active at this point now that the charges have been dropped there is no ongoing case.

If you actually feel that the posters on this thread are trying to drive children to suicide and are abusive towards the young ladies who were accused of bullying Rebecca:

I strongly urge you to alert the mods on each and every post you feel displays your fellow members' "abusive" nature or or any you feel are "driving" these girls to commit suicide. rather than repeatedly referring to this conversation and the members participating in it as "child abusers"

The process for alerting a post to moderators attention is simple. Click the red hazard symbol in the upper right corner of the troubling post(s) and in the popup box, describe to the moderators why you feel those posts are inappropriate, outside of TOS or "abusive"

Now to remove this thread from my subscription list and be done with this whole topic lest I stray from the rule. I am not even sure why this thread is still active at this point now that the charges have been dropped there is no ongoing case.

And because I'm new to tapatalk, to report a post when you're on tapatalk, tap the post to highlight it, then click on the three little squares in the upper right corner, and tap "report."

That is the procedure to alert posts. Vague references within the thread don't help the mods but an alert on a post will get that post reviewed.

Hope that is helpful.

This is such a sad case. I was bullied in junior high, which is similar to middle school. I was terrified at one point, and tried to convince my mom to home school me. The bully was also being bullied, but knowing that didn't help more much. I'm continuously thankful that I grew up in a world where the internet was just a baby.

I ran into the girl who bullied me at a domestic violence support group when we were in our twenties. As is frequently mentioned when bullies and their victims run into each other, the bully acts like everyone used to be friends. Considering where we ran into each other, I figured I'd let it go...and just pretended it was all good. And then it was.

I realize my story is simply mine and just an anecdote. Not meant to be anything but.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

And because I'm new to tapatalk, to report a post when you're on tapatalk, tap the post to highlight it, then click on the three little squares in the upper right corner, and tap "report."

That is the procedure to alert posts. Vague references within the thread don't help the mods but an alert on a post will get that post reviewed.

Hope that is helpful.

This is such a sad case. I was bullied in junior high, which is similar to middle school. I was terrified at one point, and tried to convince my mom to home school me. The bully was also being bullied, but knowing that didn't help more much. I'm continuously thankful that I grew up in a world where the internet was just a baby.

I ran into the girl who bullied me at a domestic violence support group when we were in our twenties. As is frequently mentioned when bullies and their victims run into each other, the bully acts like everyone used to be friends. Considering where we ran into each other, I figured I'd let it go...and just pretended it was all good. And then it was.

I realize my story is simply mine and just an anecdote. Not meant to be anything but.

Totally agree, a girl who used to call me the abusive name in elementary school that was chosen for me because she thought it was "cute" to do that, tried more than once in the last couple of years to friend me on Facebook. As if I would ever forgive/forget that!!!!!

Totally agree, a girl who used to call me the abusive name in elementary school that was chosen for me because she thought it was "cute" to do that, tried more than once in the last couple of years to friend me on Facebook. As if I would ever forgive/forget that!!!!!

Did you say anything to her or just hit ignore on her request? Just curious, sorry for the semi-OT.

Did you say anything to her or just hit ignore on her request? Just curious, sorry for the semi-OT.

I just ignored the request, she kept trying.

Ironically, I just located somebody on Facebook, who also went to my elementary school- I didn't know- he's a couple of years ahead of me- but was also bullied there in 5th and 6th grades- so bullying was flourishing at my elementary school in the 60's. That validates me!

Perhaps she wanted to apologize?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Possibly, but I doubt it because she was pretty clueless as to how it affected me at the time...
I would never in my wildest dreams think it was cute to call me what I was called, it wasn't a cutesy nickname like "Muffy" or something, it was highly derogatory.

It's discussed in this piece from Slate.

(Sorry to swerve OT.)

Thanks for the link. That seemed more like a opinion piece or a blog post than factual information, but I appreciate the info. Note the title of the article leaves room for ambiguity.

So what was the point about bringing up phoebe Prince again? I realize it wasn't you who brought it up, potto

Possibly, but I doubt it because she was pretty clueless as to how it affected me at the time...
I would never in my wildest dreams think it was cute to call me what I was called, it wasn't a cutesy nickname like "Muffy" or something, it was highly derogatory.

I know what you mean. My bully thankfully ignores me at High School reunions.
She learned from her parents..I suppose. They thought and acted as if they were better than everyone else. She has continued that tradition. She terrified me and helped destroy my self confidence. JMO.:twocents::moo:

I know what you mean. My bully thankfully ignores me at High School reunions.
She learned from her parents..I suppose. They thought and acted as if they were better than everyone else. She has continued that tradition. She terrified me and helped destroy my self confidence. JMO.:twocents::moo:

Hugs hugs and more hugs to you :grouphug: friend

The autopsy results apparently came back today per Rebecca's memorial page...the results are devastating. I am on my iPad, so it's hard to link and I'm really not sure that I'm suppose to link...and I really haven't revealed the results...

The autopsy results apparently came back today per Rebecca's memorial page...the results are devastating. I am on my iPad, so it's hard to link and I'm really not sure that I'm suppose to link...and I really haven't revealed the results...
Well, give us some way to find them, now that you've mentioned them and aroused our curiosity...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back