FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Jose won't be in here today...since he is grandstanding through the nation. Speaking of grandstanding...I thought she didn't want her face planted on television...PULEASSE!!!! Anyhow...To me K.R. seemed smirky and still did not seem to take any responsibility...nor, did the mom. I doubt seriously that she did absolutely nothing to Rebecca...I, personally do not accept that. That is my opinion...and I can have that. At the same time...I do not say that is the SOLE reason for EVERYTHING! But, I was hoping she would take some responsibility...and be able to teach others the negative outcomes of bullying! That cannot happen if she can't even admit to it. Even if she were merely a bystander...and did nothing...she doesn't even admit to that. She cannot tell others how they need to stand up and do something! Come on K.R....be the bigger person...and by the way lose Jose...

I agree! My daughter was bullied and went through hell.Funny thing was everyone of the bullies became either drug addicts or were in jail! Not one amount to a decent human being not one!

RSBM

Mikeysmommom, I'm sorry for what your daughter went through at school, but what an amazing spirit she's shown, even though its nothing she should have had to overcome in the first place. It sounds like she's grown into a terrific young woman.

Full disclosure: I was a mean girl until I was about 15. No physical bullying, ever, but mean girls can hurt with words far more than with stones. My dirty little secret was that I was covering up for what was really happening inside my own home - I was putting on the front of being an "in" girl while living in fear that my own secrets would be out. We moved when I was 15 and I found myself in a whole new environment where that never-ending mean girl stuff didn't occur. It was a revelation to me that my best friends could be a nerd, a jock and a cool girl, and no one was worried about crossing clique lines or teaming up against anyone. Really changed my life. Anyway, in our cases the mean girls all grew up to be successful (in our own ways), BUT I will tell you right now that if I ever choose to tell about what went on in my childhood and my home, there will be four grown women snickering and laughing about it. It will make their decade. So you're right in that not one of them grew into a decent person. I did reach out to one of the kids who was always laughed about and ostracized, but didn't get a reply. I respect that - she's moved on and isn't interested. Good for her.

Was my own home life an excuse for how I acted? Nope. That whole time I was just throwing other people under the bus to save my own bacon. It's not an excuse for either of these girls in Rebecca's case, either. The best they can do is quit with the media, get some help and grow. JMO

"Bullying" sounds like something out of Lil Rascals. It might be taken more seriously if we call it what it is: harassment, degradation, social isolation, intimidation. :twocents:

Maybe Jose won't be in here today...since he is grandstanding through the nation. Speaking of grandstanding...I thought she didn't want her face planted on television...PULEASSE!!!! Anyhow...To me K.R. seemed smirky and still did not seem to take any responsibility...nor, did the mom. I doubt seriously that she did absolutely nothing to Rebecca...I, personally do not accept that. That is my opinion...and I can have that. At the same time...I do not say that is the SOLE reason for EVERYTHING! But, I was hoping she would take some responsibility...and be able to teach others the negative outcomes of bullying! That cannot happen if she can't even admit to it. Even if she were merely a bystander...and did nothing...she doesn't even admit to that. She cannot tell others how they need to stand up and do something! Come on K.R....be the bigger person...and by the way lose Jose...

I notice Katelyn's eyes are bulging, Sanpaku eyes. Something I have seen in Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Yoselyn Ortega, or Adam Lanza.

Katelyn Roman
tdy_katelyn_131121.vembedmed.jpg

Casey Anthony
pinellascountyjailbookingpic.jpg

Lori Drew
lori-drew-2.jpg

Yoselyn Ortega
20130503-001227.jpg

Adam Lanza
adam-lanza-photo.jpg

Just my opinion.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ying-charges-dropped-20131120,0,5084819.story

Putting my personal beliefs aside regarding releasing photos/information of juveniles...I have yet to hear Baez say what Grady Judd did, releasing the mugshots, was ILLEGAL to do in Florida.

He has never mentioned any law in Florida that states it is illegal....
Since he is the one making accusations and threatening lawsuits I wait for him to dig that piece of legislation up and present it.

Words once spoken by Baez...
"There's a lot of hot air, but not a whole lot of law," Baez said"

That is how I feel about his comments in the above linked article..

The charges against *both* Roman and Shaw were dropped.

Roman appeared on the Today show. She maintains she did nothing wrong. She also looked like she didn't want to be there and was being coached, IMO. Here's the link but I'm warning you B is there:

http://www.today.com/news/fla-teen-cleared-cyberbullying-case-i-didnt-do-anything-wrong-2D11632710

B is exploiting this one big time. :twocents:

I thought Baez was upset when her mugshot was shown and her name released?
Why is he exposing her again? This time by putting her on a NTL media show?

I have noticed that Shaw and her lawyer has remained media spotlight free.
Unless I have missed a presser made by Shaw's lawyer to NTL media.

I found this, I think she is Shaw's lawyer....
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/ch...-guadalupe-shaw-and-katelyn-roman-free-17289/
“My client and her family are relieved by the state attorney’s decision today,” attorney Andrea DeMichael said.”She is hopeful about her future and is attempting to turn this tragic event into something positive.”

I have noticed that Shaw and her lawyer has remained media spotlight free.
Unless I have missed a presser made by Shaw's lawyer to NTL media.

I found this, I think she is Shaw's lawyer....
http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/ch...-guadalupe-shaw-and-katelyn-roman-free-17289/
“My client and her family are relieved by the state attorney’s decision today,” attorney Andrea DeMichael said.”She is hopeful about her future and is attempting to turn this tragic event into something positive.”

And this is why I hate Baez. I agreed with him about not splashing her name and face around on the media too much, and then he goes on this publicity blitz. The man is scum.

I have to butt in. Haven't read the thread, but people with larger eyes can be bullied. I have large eyes as well as a few relatives. We've never been bullies, murderers, or mean to people. The cold dead looking eyes are more indication than large eyes, imo. Some murderers do seem to have wild wide open eyes, but not just bug eyes or large eyes.

I have to butt in. Haven't read the thread, but people with larger eyes can be bullied. I have large eyes as well as a few relatives. We've never been bullies, murderers, or mean to people. The cold dead looking eyes are more indication than large eyes, imo. Some murderers do seem to have wild wide open eyes, but not just bug eyes or large eyes.

Scratch that. I should of said these people have dead and cold looking eyes, which appears to be large. Eyes or not, their facial expression is cold and dead looking. It is very strong in some one like Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, Yoselyn Ortega, or Katelyn Roman. They are consumed by extreme anger that is bottled up for a long time.

However, I do believe they are responsible for their words, actions and the harm they caused another. For that, they should be held accountable.

And what about the many HUNDREDS of incredibly hurtful posting on the Internet, including here, by adults, saying the worst things imaginable about a preteen child?

So when a young child sends a message to her classmate saying "nobody likes you" she is a criminal and must be held accountable.

But when hundreds call a preteen child, whose name, picture, and home address has been released, a murderous monsters, an ugly cu*t, a worthless piece of thrash, a human garbage deserving death, when hundreds publicly encourage bullying and ostracizing the child in the future, when they say it would be good if she kills herself, when they incite killing and raping the preteen child... that is WHAT?

When tabloids "out" the preteen child's confession of having been molested while protecting the identity of the alleged molester, that is WHAT?

And, most importantly, when nearly all the reporters and columnists and public officials including Judd PRETEND as if none of this is happening or that none of this matters in any way, that is WHAT?

And this is why I hate Baez. I agreed with him about not splashing her name and face around on the media too much, and then he goes on this publicity blitz. The man is scum.

That is the ONLY way to try to decrease the risk of suicide for Katelyn due to future bullying and ostracization -- by what method can he counter the sheriff Judd going on talk shows and calling the child a criminal despite charges dropped?

Right now Judd is convincing the public through conferences and talk shows that Katelyn is a murderer who was let go because she is a kid. He's been demonizing her for a moth through the media. And people believe it. And they will treat the child accordingly in the future.

Maybe you don't care, but I do care if the child kills herself. Just as I would care about your child in such a situation.

Scratch that. I should of said these people have dead and cold looking eyes, which appears to be large. Eyes or not, their facial expression is cold and dead looking. It is very strong in some one like Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, Yoselyn Ortega, or Katelyn Roman. They are consumed by extreme anger that is bottled up for a long time.

Why don't you just stop by the child's home and tell her this directly?

You might as well, you know perfectly well that child will sooner or later read what you wrote, because it is a fundamental instinct of every child to find out what others are publicly saying about her. And if she misses it, other kids will likely find it and let her know.

And please, keep on pretending that whatever you publish on the Internet about a young child, a child known to have been suicidal due to severe abuse, has absolutely NO effect.

Yes, the only people on Earth capable of causing harm or influencing others to cause harm by writing something online are young children.

Interesting that the argument being put forth seems to be that these young ladies are not responsible at least in part for this young lady's decision to end her life because she could have "easily" avoided all those hateful comments on the internet had she chosen not to read them but her bull(ies) on the other hand will be forever tainted, adversely affected by negative comments about their actions from adults via the comments on pages that discuss this case when THOSE comments are not directed AT the bullies, but their friends will surely point them to. SO if the girls who engaged in bullying behavior towards Rebecca kill themselves those commentors will be responsible for their deaths.

???

Interesting that the argument being put forth seems to be that these young ladies are not responsible at least in part for this young lady's decision to end her life because she could have "easily" avoided all those hateful comments on the internet had she chosen not to read them but her bull(ies) on the other hand will be forever tainted, adversely affected by negative comments about their actions from adults via the comments on pages that discuss this case when THOSE comments are not directed AT the bullies, but their friends will surely point them to. SO if the girls who engaged in bullying behavior towards Rebecca kill themselves those commentors will be responsible for their deaths.
???

It is amazing how far people will go in order to justify abuse of children.

I have never made any such argument that you insinuate I made.

When the young Phoebe Prince set up a "Paki *advertiser censored*" page filled with abuse, her victim indeed had no escape. She had no power to delete the abuse or to prevent others from reading it.

If someone had placed the picture of Rebecca on a forum along with pictures of mass killers and other monsters and started a "discussion" about how she is just like them both on the outside and the inside, then again Rebecca would have no escape from such extremely callous abuse.

When someone sends you a mean message on Facebook then yes you have the power to delete and block the user.

It is a simple fact that makes travesty of the frequent assertion that Rebecca killed herself BECAUSE had no escape from such messages. That is just factually false.

On the other hand, Rebecca truly had NO escape from the parents she said she feared and the abuse and beatings she complained about -- any pretense this is no worse than getting a mean message on Facebook is preposterous.

My point was to contrast the false arguments with the actual realities of Rebecca's life.

And again, there is NO evidence anything Katelyn ever did had ANYTHING to do with Rebecca's suicide.

In fact there is NO evidence her death had anything to do with bullying at all.

NONE.

ZERO.

And again there is NO evidence Katelyn sent any of those messages constantly repeated as supposedly having driven Rebecca to suicide.

Interesting though how the callous abuse here is concentrated on the youngest child and nothing even close to it on the parents who, according to the sheriff himself, were partly responsible for Rebecca's death -- you know the parents Rebecca said she fears and who say she never ever told them about being suicidal, despite evidence she was suicidal long before any alleged bullying took place.

But hey, child abusers will ALWAYS find excuses. They are driven by a need to inflict harm on a defenseless child and there is probably no cure for them.

SNIPPED for brevity

But hey, child abusers will ALWAYS find excuses. They are driven by a need to inflict harm on a defenseless child and there is probably no cure for them.

BBM: I agree.

I have never made any such argument that you insinuate I made.

When the young Phoebe Prince set up a "Paki *advertiser censored*" page filled with abuse, her victim indeed had no escape. She had no power to delete the abuse or to prevent others from reading it.

If someone had placed the picture of Rebecca on a forum along with pictures of mass killers and other monsters and started a "discussion" about how she is just like them both on the outside and the inside, then again Rebecca would have no escape from such extremely callous abuse.

When someone sends you a mean message on Facebook then yes you have the power to delete and block the user.

It is a simple fact that makes travesty of the frequent assertion that Rebecca killed herself BECAUSE had no escape from such messages. That is just factually false.

On the other hand, Rebecca truly had NO escape from the parents she said she feared and the abuse and beatings she complained about -- any pretense this is no worse than getting a mean message on Facebook is preposterous.

My point was to contrast the false arguments with the actual realities of Rebecca's life.

And again, there is NO evidence anything Katelyn ever did had ANYTHING to do with Rebecca's suicide.

In fact there is NO evidence her death had anything to do with bullying at all.

NONE.

ZERO.

And again there is NO evidence Katelyn sent any of those messages constantly repeated as supposedly having driven Rebecca to suicide.

Interesting though how the callous abuse here is concentrated on the youngest child and nothing even close to it on the parents who, according to the sheriff himself, were partly responsible for Rebecca's death -- you know the parents Rebecca said she fears and who say she never ever told them about being suicidal, despite evidence she was suicidal long before any alleged bullying took place.

Do you have a link about Phoebe Prince doing that? I do not see how it is related to what happened in South Hadley High School as that alleged incident of calling someone a "Paki *advertiser censored*" has no connection to Kayla Narey or Flannery Mullins.

That is the ONLY way to try to decrease the risk of suicide for Katelyn due to future bullying and ostracization -- by what method can he counter the sheriff Judd going on talk shows and calling the child a criminal despite charges dropped?

Right now Judd is convincing the public through conferences and talk shows that Katelyn is a murderer who was let go because she is a kid. He's been demonizing her for a moth through the media. And people believe it. And they will treat the child accordingly in the future.

Maybe you don't care, but I do care if the child kills herself. Just as I would care about your child in such a situation.

If you've read my previous posts in this thread, you'd quickly find that I do care quite a bit. Objecting to Baez's strategy is not advocating Katelyn should kill herself.

Thinking of Rebecca! I will be kind to everyone...I hope everyone will be kind to one another...the undertones in here are ridiculous!

RSBM

I'm disappointed that her parents allowed it, but I guess when you engage a self-promoting media *advertiser censored* pro bono, you've made a deal with the devil. He's getting his pound of flesh.

Shaw's attorney handled it the right way, imo. Short statement on behalf of the family and that's it.

Thinking of Rebecca! I will be kind to everyone...I hope everyone will be kind to one another...the undertones in here are ridiculous!

I agree. I dreaded coming here cause I know I gotta sit on my hands. Rebecca weak? Nah, she was just human. God help all of us that need someone, but dont have anyone. Maybe natural selection will weed us out like we are vermin.

People wonder why people become cold, distant and unfeeling. Try having your heart stomped on and being failed by people you trust. Being kind and trusting to wolves. I was never bullied, just teased as a kid, but I know what it feels like to be ganged up on and emotionally hurt. That hurt turns to ice in the veins.

Good point that these girls and their friends will see your posts & comments. Take care not to become what you are condemning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back