FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doctor WHO!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I feel that I try to remove the emotion from this equation.

IMO regardless of what Rebecca's home life was she didnt deserved to be ganged up on if it was just 2 or 15 people. It's just not fair.

My whole point has always been that pre-teens and teens should not have more rights than an adult has. I cannot get on FB and harrass people I work with no matter how much of a jerk he or she is. I would get fired and probably arrested.

So because Rebecca had issues then the bullies should just go free? It's ok to wish death upon people cause that is normal? It's not IMO. The parents failed these kids and many different ways, but how can you stop it?

IMO holding the parents feet to the fire is the only way. Yeah, its pathetic cause people should learn to do the right thing, but they don't. People are self serving cowards. Kick these kids out of school or sue the parents or even put them in jail. Whichever one that works.

As for depression, I can say that not everyone has a strong will to live. some of us arent positive thinkers and life experiences can shape how you see the world and how you cope with problems. If nothing seems to go right, what is there to be positive about? Some people also don't have family and friends for support. For some, we are truly alone struggling.

Doctor WHO!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I feel that I try to remove the emotion from this equation.

IMO regardless of what Rebecca's home life was she didnt deserved to be ganged up on if it was just 2 or 15 people. It's just not fair.

My whole point has always been that pre-teens and teens should not have more rights than an adult has. I cannot get on FB and harrass people I work with no matter how much of a jerk he or she is. I would get fired and probably arrested.

So because Rebecca had issues then the bullies should just go free? It's ok to wish death upon people cause that is normal? It's not IMO. The parents failed these kids and many different ways, but how can you stop it?

IMO holding the parents feet to the fire is the only way. Yeah, its pathetic cause people should learn to do the right thing, but they don't. People are self serving cowards. Kick these kids out of school or sue the parents or even put them in jail. Whichever one that works.

As for depression, I can say that not everyone has a strong will to live. some of us arent positive thinkers and life experiences can shape how you see the world and how you cope with problems. If nothing seems to go right, what is there to be positive about? Some people also don't have family and friends for support. For some, we are truly alone struggling.
This is such an excellent post!!!:drumroll:

Grady was on the radio this AM.

He made some very good points.

Yes, he was trying to make an example of both girls as well as using their arrest as a deterrent. He stated that they are juv with no prior records and that the max would have been a yr of probation (maybe). Upon their arrest Jose was no where in site, 5 weeks LATER he shows up.

And he made a point twice to say (regarding recent shootings) that if you notice someone posting or acting weirdly, contact LE so they can intervene before something happens. Made me think all LE across the country are on high alert or something.

Ariane - thanks for pointing that out, I meant to say Katelyn in my post.

It sounds like the charges against Shaw are NOT being dropped.

(The younger girl who is unfortunately represented by Baez was said to be influenced by Shaw. Shaw is the one who made the "IDGAF" statements and the chat stuff.)

(Sorry, I feel like I have to speak up because I know how much WS hates Baez and there has been confusion in the past and assumption that his client was the ringleader, which is not the case. She's a 12yo who has probably suffered enough at this point. Shaw, on the other hand, seems like a sociopath in the making.)

(The younger girl who is unfortunately represented by Baez was said to be influenced by Shaw. Shaw is the one who made the "IDGAF" statements and the chat stuff.)
Good! I hope you're right. Shaw is clearly the worse of the two. Katelyn was probably bullied/pressured by Shaw to gang up on poor Rebecca. I know how it feels, for the 3 years I was bullied, none of my friends would be friends with me in public for fear they'd get picked on.

As parents we tell our kids, don't let peer pressure get you involved in what you know is wrong. But we forget that as kids, if you actually do that, you can end up on the receiving end or shunned. Either is horrific for the teen psyche.

We need to give them specific tools and support and make sure they know it BEFORE they have to make that decision.

(Sorry, I feel like I have to speak up because I know how much WS hates Baez and there has been confusion in the past and assumption that his client was the ringleader, which is not the case. She's a 12yo who has probably suffered enough at this point. Shaw, on the other hand, seems like a sociopath in the making.)

I think you are right...I do hope she learned her lesson in a HUGE way.

Sheriff said that getting the bullies treatment was the outcome they wanted. I am not sure how I feel about this. It was pretty fab to hear the sheriff say that bozo said many things that "didn't deserve a response" :D

To this day I've seen absolutely NO evidence that Katelyn caused in any way Rebecca's suicide. In fact I've seen NO evidence Rebecca's suicide was in any way related to bullying at all, by anyone.

Rebecca had to make considerable effort to be exposed to online bullying and could have easily deleted hateful messages and prevented them in the future.

On the other hand, escaping her HOME situation must have seemed impossible to her. Remember, she stated repeatedly to DCF and law enforcement that she is being ABUSED and BEATEN and that she is AFRAID of her mother and step-dad, both of whom have extensive criminal records.

Judd himself admitted he used to be a bully as a child. ALL children, especially preteen children, are sometimes mean to each other. That's what Katelyn understood by "bullying", per the arrest affidavit. And she believed it caused Rebecca to kill herself because she was TOLD this was so by an adult and because she was already emotionally unstable due to severe abuse in the past. An abused preteen child believing something does not make it the truth.

I've seen NO evidence Katelyn told Rebecca to kill herself or anything close to as hateful. I've seen NO evidence Katelyn sent any of those messages mentioned by Judd.

Judd succeeded in utterly destroying the future of a preteen child by pretending he knows Katelyn CAUSED Rebecca's suicide. And yes, Katelyn's future HAS been destroyed, because when the government declares a preteen child to be a MURDEROUS MONSTER people will mistreat that child forever regardless of charges dropped. Because most people will believe law enforcement rather than a child. And because a lot of people simply enjoy harming others, especially children, and Judd has supplied the perfect excuse.

I only hope Katelyn will not end up killing herself once she understands she will be ostracized and abused for the rest of her life.

Sheriff said that getting the bullies treatment was the outcome they wanted. I am not sure how I feel about this. It was pretty fab to hear the sheriff say that bozo said many things that "didn't deserve a response" :D

Caught Sheriff Judd on TV before dinner, I agree with you on this!

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I've followed the thread, missed reading some pages but I've read the last several pages of comments.

It's a tragedy Rebecca felt there was no escape from her pain and no hope her life could ever be better. Clearly, her home environment was the main contributing factor. IMO, the bullying she was subject to also played a big part in pushing her over the edge of despair. She had no one's support, no safe place to go. Rebecca was the victim here. She did not invite the bullies to torment her. She was not weak. That Rebecca apparently suffered from extreme depression (IMO), which ultimately resulted in her suicide, does not absolve all others involved.

I don't believe the girls who were charged "murdered" Rebecca. However, I do believe they are responsible for their words, actions and the harm they caused another. For that, they should be held accountable. IMO, there's such a thing as personal responsibility. Teens & pre-teens are certainly capable of understanding this concept.

There may well have been mistakes made in the handling of Rebecca's case. Rebecca is the one who lost her life here. Life is not over for the two girls who were facing charges. I have no doubt, their own family environments played a part in their behavior. Hopefully, they will now receive the help they need. They can still learn & grow from this experience to one day become responsible, compassionate adults.

All I've written is simply my opinion based upon my reading of news reports and the posts in this thread. I have no links to offer in support of it. It's based on my life experiences. I am a mother. As a young adult I was in a work situation, dealing with people I didn't know how to handle, grew increasingly depressed and ultimately attempted suicide. I had a 12 yr old daughter who threatened suicide. I had a pre-teen son who was in counseling for his own issues. (They are now happy & successful adults) That's my experience, doesn't mean I was a perfect parent or that I had all the answers.

I'm just so tired of all the bickering & blaming. Parents who protect their children by not allowing them to suffer the consequences of their behavior, do them a great injustice, IMO. How else will they grow into responsible, productive and compassionate adults?

MOO, MOO, MOO, etc, etc, etc ....

The charges against *both* Roman and Shaw were dropped.

Roman appeared on the Today show. She maintains she did nothing wrong. She also looked like she didn't want to be there and was being coached, IMO. Here's the link but I'm warning you B is there:

http://www.today.com/news/fla-teen-cleared-cyberbullying-case-i-didnt-do-anything-wrong-2D11632710

B is exploiting this one big time. :twocents:

I supsect they will have more run ins with the law and become major league criminals.

To this day I've seen absolutely NO evidence that Katelyn caused in any way Rebecca's suicide. In fact I've seen NO evidence Rebecca's suicide was in any way related to bullying at all, by anyone.

Rebecca had to make considerable effort to be exposed to online bullying and could have easily deleted hateful messages and prevented them in the future.

On the other hand, escaping her HOME situation must have seemed impossible to her. Remember, she stated repeatedly to DCF and law enforcement that she is being ABUSED and BEATEN and that she is AFRAID of her mother and step-dad, both of whom have extensive criminal records.

Judd himself admitted he used to be a bully as a child. ALL children, especially preteen children, are sometimes mean to each other. That's what Katelyn understood by "bullying", per the arrest affidavit. And she believed it caused Rebecca to kill herself because she was TOLD this was so by an adult and because she was already emotionally unstable due to severe abuse in the past. An abused preteen child believing something does not make it the truth.

I've seen NO evidence Katelyn told Rebecca to kill herself or anything close to as hateful. I've seen NO evidence Katelyn sent any of those messages mentioned by Judd.

Judd succeeded in utterly destroying the future of a preteen child by pretending he knows Katelyn CAUSED Rebecca's suicide. And yes, Katelyn's future HAS been destroyed, because when the government declares a preteen child to be a MURDEROUS MONSTER people will mistreat that child forever regardless of charges dropped. Because most people will believe law enforcement rather than a child. And because a lot of people simply enjoy harming others, especially children, and Judd has supplied the perfect excuse.

I only hope Katelyn will not end up killing herself once she understands she will be ostracized and abused for the rest of her life.

Ridiculous to say this will follow her forever, this will be forgotten in time by everyone except those who were directly affect by Rebecca's death.Maybe if bully s got bullied themselves they would not be so vicious and would stop being bullies when they see how it feels! IMO any blaming or calling Rebecca weak and blaming any past abuse or even her family life with causing her suicide has never lived in this girls shoes.Some can live in a house of horrors and still make it through childhood because of the daily escape school gives them each day.When home is hell and school is made to be hell because of these types of bullies, how can a child overcome that most adults could not IMO!

I supsect they will have more run ins with the law and become major league criminals.

I agree! My daughter was bullied and went through hell.Funny thing was everyone of the bullies became either drug addicts or were in jail! Not one amount to a decent human being not one! My daughter had a very mild case of CP and she had at 14 a scissoring gait, and she was teased daily during high school.She graduated with honors and then attained her BA in criminal justice.She went to a personal trainer who worked with her and she walks like everyone else now and she also is now a size 3 and she is beautiful inside and out.She ran in to the meanest bully recently who has a criminal record,she has 2 kids both dads are in jail and a very hard life. Maybe if someone stopped her from being a bully or if she wised up as a teen the effort she spent making another childs life hell, she might have made a better life for herself.My daughter didn't gloat and actually felt bad for her.You reap what you sow.

I agree! My daughter was bullied and went through hell.Funny thing was everyone of the bullies became either drug addicts or were in jail! Not one amount to a decent human being not one! My daughter had a very mild case of CP and she had at 14 a scissoring gait, and she was teased daily during high school.She graduated with honors and then attained her BA in criminal justice.She went to a personal trainer who worked with her and she walks like everyone else now and she also is now a size 3 and she is beautiful inside and out.She ran in to the meanest bully recently who has a criminal record,she has 2 kids both dads are in jail and a very hard life. Maybe if someone stopped her from being a bully or if she wised up as a teen the effort she spent making another childs life hell, she might have made a better life for herself.My daughter didn't gloat and actually felt bad for her.You reap what you sow.

The sad truth is that some people are just irredeemable, they are just screwed up to begin with. Some of the most evil figures in history started as bullies, so no surprise there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back