FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't see the video right now...but is it of Grady Judd saying all of these things himself? Wouldn't that be a direct quote, even if on a media site? He is speaking it.

I wish Rebecca's name was in the title. She was so worried about being worthless and being told so at every turn. Feels wrong for her to just be FL-12 yr old girl :(
I made sure to put her name in the tags for this thread- it's not much, but it's something. I agree with you, she does deserve her name, and now her bullying and abuse have ended. Such a tragic waster. I hope she's at peace now. RIP Rebecca, you deserved so much better.

Once again, the Daily News and similar stories about the ex bf and 15 bullies are pure fabrications. Note how there are never any direct quotes from the boy about "15" bullies.

And once again, where is a direct quote of sheriff Judd or PCSO?

As to his first conference, Judd said the precise opposite of what most of the media alleged he said about 15 "bullies".

So, primary sources please -- not media fantasies.

I see direct quotes in this article from JB...what am I missing?

I'm exhausted from working all night...Rest peacefully sweet Rebecca. Rather it was 2 or 15 that tormented you...you didn't deserve it...God Bless!

I could find no video of Sheriff Judd specifically stating 15 girls. That does not mean he did not say it to reporters, it simply means I could find no video of him directly stating there were 15 girls involved. What he said were things like a "group" of girls, etc. No number specifics.

I have watched enough raw feed, live pressers to know that there is conversation and banter that ocurs both before and after those things. Sometimes the press gets a nugget such as a statement or comment from LE before or after the presser. Could that have happened in this case? Most certainly. Can I prove it? No. I am comfortable with the "facts" as I understand them. Others will find their own comfort level with same.

At the same time he never specified that only 2 were involved nor did he use words such as a few or a couple which to me would indicate 2 or 3.

It is what it is.

I have no problem with members wishing to stay strictly fact based. I know a lot of people who feel thus. But it is very difficult to prove someone did not state something. Much more so than proving someone did say something. Ultimately, people will take what the feel is relevant and go with it. That will vary from member to member and style to style.

Sometimes members with differing styles or means of coming at the facts need to simply agree to disagree and move forward.

Sheriff Grady Judd's initial presser sheds alot of light...mentions himself they found bully comments to kill herself, etc...also mentions 15 kids they're interviewing. Much info in this presser...

http://youtu.be/zTvRiX96Uqk

I see direct quotes in this article from JB...what am I missing?

There is NO quote about "15" bullies.

There is a quote about his shock over Rebecca's suicide, a quote about how people should not be bullies, etc. No quote about him KNOWING at the time there were 15 bullies.

And since I saw the original interview, given to me by the original reporter, I actually KNOW that JB never said he knew at the time there were 15 bullies -- he said the precise opposite in the interview.

A lot of the media also quote "I could have stopped it" right after asserting JB "knew" there were 15 bullies -- making it look as if he knew Rebecca was being bullied online by 15 girls, decided to do nothing, and now regrets it... e.g. the ABC headline "Boyfriend of Suicide Suspect Regrets Not Stopping Alleged Bullying".

That is an example of LYING by omission. What JB actually said is that he is angry Rebecca never told him she is being bullied, because he could have stopped the bullying.

Note that an ABC News article later admitted:
"John said he never saw his girlfriend or the 12-year-old suspect, who has also been charged with felony aggravated stalking, bully Rebecca online or in person. "
[http://abcnews.go.com/US/boyfriend-...-stopping-alleged-bullying/story?id=20607803]

But ABC WITHHELD that crucial fact from their highly circulated video segment, which made it look as if JB knew about the bullying and now regrets not stopping it.

On VAN SUSTEREN, JB also flatly denies having had any clue about Rebecca being bullied (not to mention 15 bullies):

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you know that your former girlfriend was being bullied? Did you hear anything? Did you hear people saying mean things about her?

JOHN BORGEN: No. Actually, no, I did not know anything about it.
[See 6:10 on the video]

[http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...e-bystanders-if-you-see-something-say-someth]

And what he is saying is entirely consistent with everything else he ACTUALLY said that I can find anywhere.

Yet JB has gotten utterly screwed by the media and on the Internet he will be forever known as the boy who "knew" Rebecca was being tormented by 15 bullies but decided to do nothing about it. The number of articles FALSELY stating this VASTLY outnumbers the two or three where he directly denies it.

And as far as I know it's the same with Judd and "15 bullies" -- not a single actual quote of his or PCSO document to this date that I have seen.

I know, it's difficult to come to terms with having been utterly duped by the media.

So I would caution to always go after primary sources, especially when the subject concerns kids and moral outrage.

That was not my perception of JB. The way in which this case has been covered in the media has not caused me to believe JB was complicit or knew and ignored. Nor have I seen him vilified on this forum.

I find the portion of the post which claims other readers of this thread who do not agree with the POV presented have been completely duped by media offensive. I appreciate other's rights to their own POV but I am not thrilled with feeling like I am being condescended to, patronized or beaten over the head with someone else's POV.

Agreeing to disagree once and for all and leaving the rest of you all to debate this issue til the cows come home. Time for me to take the advice given a few posts back and make use of the features available to me in that regard.

This MOO cow is out.

That was not my perception of JB. The way in which this case has been covered in the media has not caused me to believe JB was complicit or knew and ignored. Nor have I seen him vilified on this forum.

I find the portion of the post which claims other readers of this thread who do not agree with the POV presented have been completely duped by media offensive. I appreciate other's rights to their own POV but I am not thrilled with feeling like I am being condescended to, patronized or beaten over the head with someone else's POV.

Agreeing to disagree once and for all and leaving the rest of you all to debate this issue til the cows come home. Time for me to take the advice given a few posts back and make use of the features available to me in that regard.

This MOO cow is out.

Agreed and following your lead.

Compared, statistically, to the vast number of women who are sexually abused? Yes, outliers. I guarantee every person reading this has either been abused or knows someone who has. How many of them are serial killers?

I honestly can't believe we're even jumping from a 12 year old girl in a very bad situation to a list of female serial killers.

People do realize the girl who is represented by Baez is NOT the one who posted saying "yeah she's dead but IDGAF", right?

Honestly my mind is really blown right now by the viciousness being shown toward the younger girl. Once again I have to assume it's caused by the presence of Baez. I don't think she deserves it. This girl is NOT Casey Anthony.
why not, she was involved in killing someone.

As mean as they were, neither one committed murder.
They are not destined to become serial killers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they both committed murder imo. they are not without fault in this case.

I'm torn between believing Judd is just taking a stand against a serious problem, and thinking he's getting ready to run for higher office. If he's for real, maybe he should, though.

Judd is for REAL and I find this comment kind of offensive, whether or not he is running for higher office doesn't matter, he is the real deal and has my vote 100%.

I don't believe for one second Katelyn is remorseful, I think her parents stepped in and said you better say and act like your sorry and say that g was the ringleader in helps to get her off or lesser sentence. IMO she is bottom of the barrel as well and I do hope they find something for both of them to do time for. And I find it really offensive that people are excusing her due to "allegations" of sexual abuse...really? there are plently of people in these circumstances that don't bully someone to death, she could have had a back bone and stood up for her so called "friend", she didn't she is lower than low.

To tlcy and ArianeEmory:

The line about being "duped" was meant for those who believed the media about JB.

If you did not believe what much of the media was writing about JB, then the sentence about being duped does not apply to you.

Nor did I say anywhere that whoever does not completely agree with my "POV" or whatever must be "completely duped by media", and so on.

It will just waste time if we get into imaginary conflicts.

SBM:

why not, she was involved in killing someone.

I prefer not to reduce life to black and white values. It's more complicated than that. It's also my opinion that Katelyn is probably not a sociopath. Note that I make no such claim about Shaw.

Judd is for REAL and I find this comment kind of offensive, whether or not he is running for higher office doesn't matter, he is the real deal and has my vote 100%.

I don't know if there's anything I can do about you being offended that someone points out that a person in a elected position may be acting like a politician and playing to the cameras. I did express ambivalence, which should make it clear it was an opinion.

I don't believe for one second Katelyn is remorseful, I think her parents stepped in and said you better say and act like your sorry and say that g was the ringleader in helps to get her off or lesser sentence. IMO she is bottom of the barrel as well and I do hope they find something for both of them to do time for. And I find it really offensive that people are excusing her due to "allegations" of sexual abuse...really? there are plently of people in these circumstances that don't bully someone to death, she could have had a back bone and stood up for her so called "friend", she didn't she is lower than low.

She's also twelve years old. TWELVE. Shaw obviously had quite the reign of terror going over all these girls. (As was mentioned several times, other girls were afraid to stand up to her because they knew they would be next.)

And yes, I know that some would prefer we never dig any deeper into what makes people tick, because then it makes it harder to reduce them to black-and-white 'villain' status and nurture feelings of hatred and vengeance towards them. But it's not outside the rules of the site so I don't know what solution there is for your being offended other than the ignore button.

To lillygator:

I wonder how you square your worship of Judd with his view that bullying only contributed to the suicide, citing "disturbing" home environment.

Judd also said Katelyn IS remorseful, and he recently released evidence where Katelyn is in utter despair and nearly suicidal while expressing deep remorse the day Rebecca was found dead and her mom blamed Katelyn and others.

I never heard Judd call Katelyn a murderer or accuse her of fake remorse. And Judd does not hold back his opinions.

interesting, a jury has to pick between black and white don't they? I'm not going to ignore you, why would I? I like reading everyone's thoughts and opinions - I just am a huge fan of Grady Judd - he has done WONDERS for POLK county and if you care to look has taken TONS of sex offenders off the streets. (among other things) I do hope he runs for higher office. And I can't wait until the theif Rick Scott is out of here.

I don't care if she is 12, 9 or 18....she knew what she she was doing, she could have told an adult if she was in fear of the other girl - IMO she wasn't. At 12 you know right from wrong, heck at 2 you know that.

To lillygator:

I wonder how you square your worship of Judd with his view that bullying only contributed to the suicide, citing "disturbing" home environment.

Judd also said Katelyn IS remorseful, and he recently released evidence where Katelyn is in utter despair and nearly suicidal while expressing deep remorse the day Rebecca was found dead and her mom blamed Katelyn and others.

I never heard Judd call Katelyn a murderer or accuse her of fake remorse. And Judd does not hold back his opinions.

I wouldn't call it worship, I appreciate that he has gotten many scum off the streets. I can also disagree with him, I don't know the girl nor do I think he does, I think she is remorseful in the sense now she knows the ramifications to HERSELF. She did not care about Rebecca. Did she reach out to her at all? Did she tell an adult? No, she went along.

I grew up in Lakeland. I was also bullied in school. Home enviornments differ among most of us, but no matter what, you choose your course, these are nto babies. And all have had to grow up too soon.

To lillygator:

????????

I 100% think ALL of their home environments contributed to it. BUt that does in NO WAY excuse all of their personal responsibilty - you can be poor, abused, etc but still know the right thing to do. Again these are not babies, they are teens.

If and a very big if, Katelyn truly is remorseful, I still don't give her a pass, but hope she goes on to become an advocate against bullying and actually does something worthwhile instead of following others.

sorry, I guess this just hits close to home being from there.
Also I have 2 girls and the bullying started in daycare here. And none of the ones doing it have any kind of home life that these seemed to have, they are all good families, well off and just have mean girls.

I do find Judd refreshing and cannot lie. I do not care if he is up for office or not. I just like his common sense approach to this case. MOO

To lillygator:

Judd was blaming Rebecca's home environment.

And BTW, when people publicly damn a preteen girl as a MURDERER without a trial, not to mention any evidence she actually anticipated a fatal outcome, and reject her remorse as fake, she becomes a prime candidate for suicide.

My stance is that any pretense that a preteen child thinks like an adult, be it when she commits suicide or sends hateful messages to a peer, is wrong at best and extremely dangerous at worst.

sorry, I guess this just hits close to home being from there.
Also I have 2 girls and the bullying started in daycare here. And none of the ones doing it have any kind of home life that these seemed to have, they are all good families, well off and just have mean girls.
No need to apologize Lillygator, just put the rude posters on ignore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back