FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When sheriff Judd told CBS News that Rebecca lived in a "disturbing" home environment and that bullying only contributed to her suicide, it was a mere warning shot to Tricia Norman and her lawyers, letting them know that if they sue the POLK school district the full truth will come out.

What Judd mentioned so far -- Rebecca sleeping on a recliner and having her clothes stored in grocery bags -- was merely a tiny piece of the truth.

Back in November, PCSO investigated a missing person case regarding Rebecca. She turned up quickly but told deputy Blackburn that her mother, Tricia Norman, BEATS and ABUSES her, that her parents FIGHT all the time, that her step-father John Norman has been VIOLENT with her mother to the point of having held a KNIFE to her throat, that he does DRUGS, that he is MEAN when he gets drunk, that her mother and adult sister LIE to DCF about conditions at home, and that she is AFRAID of both her mother and her step-father.

Later when alone with Blackburn she admitted she lied about her mother once inflicting a burn injury on her - but took back NOTHING else and insisted AGAIN that she really is AFRAID of her mom.

The next day deputy Gonzales was summoned by Tricia Norman, who had Rebecca write a SWORN statement that she was kidnapped by classmates to a house where some people forced her to lie to DCF and police about being abused at home. This statement was utterly FANTASTICAL, lacked logic, and directly CONTRADICTED much of what deputy Blackburn said, though in details Tricia might not have known. It was an obvious PERJURY, no doubt imposed on the child by her own mother.

The PCSO evidently IGNORED both the fantastical allegations as well as the obvious PERJURY and the role of the mother in manipulating the child.

Tricia Norman was arrested at least twice for FRAUD, including FELONY fraud, among other charges, not counting her aliases.

John David Norman has a long CRIMINAL history record that includes domestic violence battery, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and aggravated battery causing bodily harm or disability, among many other charges.

What is indisputable is that Rebecca was deeply disturbed in ways that had nothing to so with her classmates and everything to do with her family.

And it is precisely problems of the nature Rebecca alleged that offer children NO ESCAPE.

John, the boy who knew Rebecca well, said she told him she wants to kill herself "long before that" - and by "that" he apparently meant before any bullying started. When Dr. Drew on HNL asked Tricia if Rebecca has been suicidal in the past, Tricia flatly denied ever having a clue Rebecca was prone to suicide.

So far I have seen NO evidence proving that bullying played ANY role in Rebecca's suicide.

There is no evidence of any specific traumatic event, like the public shaming suffered by Phoebe Prince several hours before her suicide, that could explain the suicide as an immediate emotional reaction to a recent trauma.

And Phoebe was alone in her darkest moment, and likely would have lived had her mom been home sick instead of at work. Rebecca reportedly decided not to seek any help from her family, despite having them around her at the very time she was formulating intent to kill herself.

Rebecca meticulously planned her suicide and yet -- apparently -- left no suicide note.

And so on.

Hey Rozumbrada, THANK YOU for those bits of info. I screen capped it to make sure I don't lose any bit of that info in case it goes poof. I'm going to try to find whatever info I can to corroborate what you've just informed. Since Judd mentioned Rebecca's home life, we're allowed to investigate that...so you've helped a great deal with your most recent post above. Wow. Like really...WOW!

RIP Rebecca. Peace.

& I'm still thinking Katelyn showed genuine remorse in her chats that the media released. Not quite sure about Lupe. I'm personally of the belief that bullying could have contributed to Rebecca deciding to jump, but I'm not of the belief that anybody other than herself is solely responsible for her death.

Snipped from an official doc dated Nov 2012... Much, much more at the following link:

http://mynews13.com/content/dam/news/static/baynews9/documents/2013/08/novemberreport1.pdf

2urlf6u.jpg

2s7hpnd.jpg

dnklya.jpg

20r1x6o.jpg

27zew5e.jpg

So yeah, I think alot more was going on in Rebecca's head than only being bullied by some peers from school...

In order to commit fraud a person has to lie. There's no way I'd put all my money on a twice proven liar, especially when there's leal docs / convictions to back up that opinion.

What I'm reading now sheds more light on why Guadalupe said something about the "truth coming out" (or something like that). I don't think she was referring to murder. I think she was referring to Rebecca's home life and maybe other things she could have been going through, other things besides being bullied.

I do believe Guadalupe was bullying Rebecca, as well as some other kids bullying her too, but now I wonder if she was being used as the scapegoat by Rebecca's mother for all of Rebecca's problems.

So basically, this child had no one.

Heartbreaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So so sad. It's time to add the family into the mix of those responsible for this 12 year olds death. I don't think a 12 year old is responsible for her own suicide. I also do not in any way give a pass to these girls that...14 bullied (per sheriff)...and one tormented her...maybe she was an easy target because of her home life but that does not make it okay...EVER! Her mother should be ashamed!

So so sad. It's time to add the family into the mix of those responsible for this 12 year olds death. I don't think a 12 year old is responsible for her own suicide. I also do not in any way give a pass to these girls that...14 bullied (per sheriff)...and one tormented her...maybe she was an easy target because of her home life but that does not make it okay...EVER! Her mother should be ashamed!

Oh I wanted to add I don't believe this is a fabrication since Judd has investigated and found that 15 people have been involved at school in bullying/tormenting her. The ex bf also confirms stories of this.

Oh I wanted to add I don't believe this is a fabrication since Judd has investigated and found that 15 people have been involved at school in bullying/tormenting her. The ex bf also confirms stories of this.

Totally agree. Sad shiznit, ain't it?

I think when this case is dissected we are going to learn all of these kids are victims... And it started at home.
Parents failing miserably to look out for and protect their own.
They were too young to be navigating the world on their own and that's what they all felt they were doing. They had no trusted adult. No guidance, no protection.
All IMO

I think when this case is dissected we are going to learn all of these kids are victims... And it started at home.
Parents failing miserably to look out for and protect their own.
They were too young to be navigating the world on their own and that's what they all felt they were doing. They had no trusted adult. No guidance, no protection.
All IMO

Yes, they were definitely failed at home...all of them...I agree 100%! So sad!

Totally agree. Sad shiznit, ain't it?

It's really sad...these girls were failed in every sense of the word. I think all of the parents need to be displayed on national television like the kids were and arrested just the same! So sad...I still feel that 15 against 1 was never fair, and one of them could have gone to someone and said something to get help for Rebecca. Even Rebecca at 12, went to someone indirectly the first time she was suicidal...so these girls at their young age knew enough to go to someone to stop her torment.

Another excuse
Agreed! Although Rebecca's mother appears to clearly have failed her and was abusive, that didn't make it okay for GS and KR to pile on and pick on her. No wonder Rebecca felt she didn't have a chance. And a 12-year-old is NOT to blame for her own suicide!!!

Agreed! Although Rebecca's mother appears to clearly have failed her and was abusive, that didn't make it okay for GS and KR to pile on and pick on her. No wonder Rebecca felt she didn't have a chance. And a 12-year-old is NOT to blame for her own suicide!!!

Unless I missed it...
who said she was to blame for her own suicide? I know I said it was her choice, but I didn't feel she was mentally in her right mind

Posters keep on mentioning "15" bullies.

Where is their primary source for this? And no, some reporter, or 80 reporters, saying so does not make it so. Primary source is a direct quote of the sheriff or a direct quote from a PCSO document, etc.

And no, John the ex bf never said he knew Rebecca was being bullied by 15 students; he said the precise opposite.

Much of what has been written in the media is pure fabrication by reporters who see what they wish to see, not what is there. During any moral outrage against children, truth becomes expendable -- and the media get away with simply anything.

Unless I missed it...
who said she was to blame for her own suicide? I know I said it was her choice, but I didn't feel she was mentally in her right mind

I was pick on until I thought about suicide constantly. You can be in your right mind and be bullied out of it.

Sedwick’s mother is reportedly considering chucking lawsuits at the accused bullies, their parents, the other children involved, Polk County schools and the old plant where the young girl committed suicide.
"I would much rather see them actively involved in stopping bullying than looking for people to sue," says Judd.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-family-homes-article-1.1496991#ixzz2jWTwR3kz

still loving this sheriff Judd fella. Just saying

Sedwick’s mother is reportedly considering chucking lawsuits at the accused bullies, their parents, the other children involved, Polk County schools and the old plant where the young girl committed suicide.
"I would much rather see them actively involved in stopping bullying than looking for people to sue," says Judd.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-family-homes-article-1.1496991#ixzz2jWTwR3kz

still loving this sheriff Judd fella. Just saying

Seems they can all start by looking in the mirror.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back