FL - Girl, 2, left in hot car for hours after family returns from luncheon, Orange City, Volusia Co, 8 June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would suggest that they left the little girl asleep and just got on with their day. I can remember my toddler falling asleep in his stroller and I would wheel him into the house and let him sleep depending on the time of day.

The issue is that if they admit that then they are more culpable.

I can see that happening, maybe leaving 2 year old in car, went into house to get rabbit and leave. Maybe Mom lays down for a minute, falls asleep, re: margarita lunch, Dad and kids are watching tv, think Mom has toddler.

I can see this happening, which is why, never leave kids or pets in the car.

Considering 2 year olds have to be watched constantly every moment they're awake, I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone "forgets" a 2 year old is not in the house with them.

Awful tragedy for this baby girl. She wont be the last this summer either, which doesn't help at all.

jmo
Since it was after lunchtime, I bet the normal routine is that the child was napping. So maybe it wasn’t unusual to not have the kid running around at that time (in their minds she’s sleeping). However, when they decided to take the rabbit, if the whole family wasn’t going, wouldn’t someone say to one of the teens, hey your sister is sleeping. When she gets up, giver her a snack. Or check on her in 20 mins or something. 3 hrs is a pretty long nap too. Not impossible, but long. I’d probably have checked on her before then if I thought she was napping.

It’s like she was erased from everyone’s memory. I’m usually compassionate (there but for the grace of God go I……), but this seems really off.

I don't understand why car manufacturers or car seat makers haven't come up with something to prevent this. I know there are gadgets a parent can buy but no one thinks it will happen to them.

I would think it would be easy to design a car seat that, say, alarms when the engine goes off, until the latch is released. Or car windows that show the interior temperature when the engine is off, and alarm when it gets above X degrees (but only when a living being in inside). Or something along those lines.
They have. My car alerts me even if I have empty bags on my seats it’s a 2019.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back