FL - Henry Sengaroun for rape of 8yo girl, St Petersburg, 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
southerngirl said:
And that would be me. I am a realist. I know the crime statistics in my community. I know the risks; I evaluate them everyday. Should I allow my 6 year old to play in the yard? Should I allow my 9 year old to sell Girl Scout cookies with her big brother in our neighborhood? Should I send my son to camp? Should I allow my girls to ride their bikes in our campground when we camp? I cannot live my life as a prisoner of fear. And I will not instill the same fear in my children. I live in the safest community we can afford. I have taught my children safety rules. They carry walkie talkies and cells. We have a home alarm and we try to keep the doors locked. I have taught them about the dangers of sick and evil people who live in the world. I watch them when necessary. But I do take my eye off them. And I am amazed that there are mothers on this forum who NEVER TAKE THEIR EYES OFF THEIR CHILDREN! Do you not allow your children to ride bikes? Visit neighborhood friends? Play in their own yard? Go to the mailbox without looking out the window at them? All because of an incredibly infinitesimal chance that some perv will grab them? Ed Smart is sending his daughter off to college in the fall. After her experience, I think this is a testimony to him as well as Elizabeth. They are not living their lives in fear despite Elizabeth's horrific experience.

If my kids are outside (except for our fenced in back yard), there is an adult watching them and that INCLUDES checking the mail.

TisHerself said:
The Mother is being attacked, to say that she is not is being dishonest. she has been attacked all over this thread. The only one responsible for this little girl being raped is the perp no one else.

I don't think she's being attacked. I think she's being called to the carpet. Ask her today if she would have done the same thing. Ask her today if she thought it was a good idea. I thnk even she would agree with us that it was not a good thing to do.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think she's being attacked. I think she's being called to the carpet. Ask her today if she would have done the same thing. Ask her today if she thought it was a good idea. I thnk even she would agree with us that it was not a good thing to do.

Isn't hindsight always 20:20?

Pepper said:
Isn't hindsight always 20:20?

That's what parents are for. WE'RE supposed to know all of the bad stuff that can happen to our children and try and protect them against it. That's why we don't leave them alone in public.

southernpixie said:
Oh good lord!

Is there anything new about the case? Are there any new leads on the suspect?

They caught the guy. There is a link to it somewhere in this thread.

bakerprune64 said:
I don't know about you pepper, but I surely wouldn't leave a 7 & 8 YO alone in a park in Fresno.

I have friends that live in a house in Clovis. Directly across the street is a very small park - maybe about the size of one lot, with playground equip. I can visualize running across the street to turn off a stove, while the kids of that age are on the swings. I'm talking 30 seconds here, not a half hour! I cannot, however, imagine leaving them in Roeding Park alone! I guess it depends on what you picture, and how long you are going to be gone.

In this case, it sounds like this creep would have done the same thing if the mother had been sitting on a park bench and the kids running in the park in plain view of the mom. Anyone who does this in broad daylight in front of witnesses has several screws loose, as he wasn't deterred by the presence of other people. That's just not how it usually happens.

Pepper said:
In this case, it sounds like this creep would have done the same thing if the mother had been sitting on a park bench and the kids running in the park in plain view of the mom. Anyone who does this in broad daylight in front of witnesses has several screws loose, as he wasn't deterred by the presence of other people. That's just not how it usually happens.

I seriously doubt that a man is going to rape a child in front of her mother.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think she's being attacked. I think she's being called to the carpet.
Same difference...... It's her little girl that was raped, they are the ones who will have to deal with this and somehow recover. She does not need to be called on the carpet by anyone. The worst has already happened to them by some sick individual.

TisHerself said:
Same difference...... It's her little girl that was raped, they are the ones who will have to deal with this and somehow recover. She does not need to be called on the carpet by anyone. The worst has already happened to them by some sick individual.

No, the worst has already happened to her little girl and it was absolutely preventable. You don't leave your kids alone in a park because as we all know, there are sick individuals everywhere. That's why kids have parents. To protect them.

bakerprune64 said:
Well since I work for an agency that houses Child protectives services, I put your theory to the test. I spoke to 7 LCSW's and all agreed that children of the ages 7 & 8 should have never been left alone in a public park, no matter the fact the mom was an alleged 130 feet away. They all agreed that if this situation happened here, the mother's actions would most likely be investigated and the could have been placed with a non-custodial relative until the results of their investigation were documented.
I'm just so glad I don't live in California! Ridiculous. Watch the news; the mother of this little girl will suffer no legal consequences. That's because most sensible people in LE and social services will not blame her for what a mentally ill, unbalanced pervert did to her child.

Would a swat on the butt in California also be cause to remove a child from her parents????

southerngirl said:
I'm just so glad I don't live in California! Ridiculous. Watch the news; the mother of this little girl will suffer no legal consequences. That's because most sensible people in LE and social services will not blame her for what a mentally ill, unbalanced pervert did to her child.

Would a swat on the butt in California also be cause to remove a child from her parents????
No as long as it is with a opened palm on the buttocks and doesn't leave a mark.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yeah, but he is 7 years old. What's he gonna do?
My point is, the perverted, mentally ill criminal obviously didn't care WHO he raped this child in front of. He raped her in front of the entire world. Her mother being there wouldn't have been a detriment.

southerngirl said:
My point is, the perverted, mentally ill criminal obviously didn't care WHO he raped this child in front of. He raped her in front of the entire world. Her mother being there wouldn't have been a detriment.

I beg to differ. If someone is going to attack one of my children, he is going to find a grizzly bear on him in an instant. Most mothers have that instinct. However, since this mother allowed her children to play outside alone, you may be right. She might not have cared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back