FL - Ibragim Todashev Shooting Incident, Orlando, 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM - I'm just not getting all this. I wonder when or if, the attorneys and org representing Todashev will share their info and conclusions more specifically? IDK maybe it depends on what the FBI and FL Prosecutor have in their reports?

WHy is it that Todashev's attorneys do not know much if anything about IT's life?
Maybe because the attorneys have just joined the case in the last couple of days? The father has only been here about 5 days, I think, talking with the different groups.

Wise of him not to talk with FBI without an attorney present, imo.

Maybe because the attorneys have just joined the case in the last couple of days? The father has only been here about 5 days, I think, talking with the different groups.

Wise of him not to talk with FBI without an attorney present, imo.

Well, I agree, but given all the stink he has raised, I think his lawyers could have told the press he will now meet with them.

I'm sure dad was talking with the groups way before his arrival.

I think it's good to investigate all this. I just want ALL of them to be upfront and not hype it so much. I feel dad should just quit acting like his son was not a hot head too. And, hopefully, we all feel like the FBI and everyone else is giving us the truth.

The attorneys, Barry Cohen of Tampa and Eric Ludin of Clearwater, will work with the family to decide whether to take civil action once State Attorney Jeffrey Lashton in Orlando completes an investigation into the shooting, Ludin said.

...Ludin said the FBI was questioning Todashev because he was acquainted with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the suspected Boston Marathon bombers. Todashev was not friends with Tsarnaev, Ludin said, but was an aspiring mixed martial arts fighter who worked out in the same Boston gym.

“Merely being an acquaintance, merely being a Muslim, doesn’t mean he is not deserving of justice,” Ludin said.

...Lee Bentley, the acting U.S. Attorney for Florida’s Middle District, which covers Tampa and Orlando, said Tuesday he’s confident the government’s investigation into Ibragim Todashev’s death will be thorough. The U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Department of Justice’s civil rights department is also reviewing the case.
http://tbo.com/news/crime/barry-coh...lain-chechen-tied-to-boston-bombing-20130814/

Todashev’s father refused to meet with the agents and has had no contact since.

“We’re not going to talk to them, with a lawyer, without a lawyer,” said Barry Cohen, the lead counsel on the legal team Todashev assembled with the help of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Florida. “He will not be talking to the FBI.”

Cohen, a prominent lawyer in Tampa, said Todashev would cooperate only with the Orlando prosecutor and the local US attorney. In an unexpected twist Tuesday, Cohen sent an e-mail to the FBI and other agencies accusing the bureau of sending a clandestine observer to the council’s press conference to report back to the bureau. The FBI declined to comment on the assertion.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...with-agents/3nLyZTHxS1jofKV1yZlR1M/story.html

Rachel Maddow has been interested in Ibragim's story from the very beginning.

Last night, Tuesday August 13th, she had a 12 minute segment about it including a 5 minute interview with Barry Cohen. As usual, I can't figure out how to link directly to the video, but you can find it here beside the caption "Todashev father presses FBI for answers in son's death"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/vp/52749938

Thanks Nora... weird I saw this yesterday on Russia Today that was slamming Rachel Maddow for fear mongering, serving a role in the establishment and "Painting 9/11 Truthers As Potential Terrorist" - my eyes were crossing a bit on it all

[video=youtube;Fie5CpZmMsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fie5CpZmMsg[/video]

Rachel Maddow has been interested in Ibragim's story from the very beginning.

Last night, Tuesday August 13th, she had a 12 minute segment about it including a 5 minute interview with Barry Cohen. As usual, I can't figure out how to link directly to the video, but you can find it here beside the caption "Todashev father presses FBI for answers in son's death"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/vp/52749938

Right now, it's the main video that comes up... thanks. I hope more info comes out about all this soon.

Had to lookup Abby Martin, never heard of her before. Had to view the video twice to make heads or tails. Still confused. Oh well.

Had to lookup Abby Martin, never heard of her before. Had to view the video twice to make heads or tails. Still confused. Oh well.

Oh, good. I thought it was just me. I think she likes to label a lot with "fear mongering"

"Abby Martin calls out the corporate media for their latest fear mongering campaign, citing the worldwide terror alert as an ironic distraction from ongoing drone strikes that are themselves seen as a tactic of terror. (youtube)"

But isn't the ultimate fear mongering to claim everything is a conspiracy? IDK

State Attorney Jeff Ashton scheduled to meet with father of Chechen man slain by FBI agents
Ibragim Todashev's father is scheduled to meet with Ashton next week, officials said.
The Orlando Sentinel

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel
2:05 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2013

snips

"The Orange-Osceola State Attorney's office confirmed they will meet with the father of a Chechen man shot to death by the FBI last May following an interrogation inside his Orlando condo."

"He is delaying his trip back to Russia to meet with State Attorney Jeff Ashton some time next week, according to Rick Wallsh, executive director and chief assistant to the State Attorney."

Ludin said he understood why the FBI had requested the coroner's office to withhold the autopsy report because it was relevant to an inquiry concerning possible criminal behaviour by law enforcement officers, and its release could compromise the investigation.

I still remain so totally lost on this one! How on earth could the truth (how he was murdered) "comproise" antyhing - pretty stright forward 7 shots , here are the locations!

What the big deal unless it (of course IMO it does) show O V E R KI L L!

Ludin said he understood why the FBI had requested the coroner's office to withhold the autopsy report because it was relevant to an inquiry concerning possible criminal behaviour by law enforcement officers, and its release could compromise the investigation.

I still remain so totally lost on this one! How on earth could the truth (how he was murdered) "comproise" antyhing - pretty stright forward 7 shots , here are the locations!

What the big deal unless it (of course IMO it does) show O V E R KI L L!

During an open and ongoing investigation it is important to keep that type of forensics out of the public media. If they want to interview the officers, it is better if no one can read these reports in the newspaper or they can tailor their answers to the facts. The investigate is compromised if the autopsy info is released.

During an open and ongoing investigation it is important to keep that type of forensics out of the public media. If they want to interview the officers, it is better if no one can read these reports in the newspaper or they can tailor their answers to the facts. The investigate is compromised if the autopsy info is released.

Wow. Seven shots is a lot. It was not just the FBI who was there. Weren't there local and state police officers there, also? It appears the investigation might involve more than one officer shooting which would give credibility to their statements that there was an actual threat by the suspect. jmo

Shibly said Ashton assured Todashev that his office and the Dept. of Justice were conducting their own individual criminal investigations into the FBI's interrogation and shooting of his son, but there was no timetable for when they would be completed.

...Though not many new details of the shooting death were brought to light during the meeting, Ashton told Todashev that some of the initial details that were leaked by "sources" about the shooting incident in the days after his death were, in fact, wrong, but he didn't say exactly which details.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...s-shooting-death-secures-mtg-with-us-attorney

Ashton also invited Todashev and his attorneys to turn over any information they might have so it could be considered by both state and federal investigators.

...Shibly will offer Ashton all the details and evidence CAIR has found in their own independent investigation.

"We are going to that meeting to share with the state attorney our findings and offer our full cooperation with the criminal investigation," Shibly said, "and at the same time, the state attorney can assure Abdulbaki of the states high standard in upholding justice and not tolerating abuse of authority and law enforcement officers, by federal agents, or anyone for that matter. That is what makes America so great."

Todashev hopes to have two main questions answered: Did his son know he could end the interview, which lasted more than four hours? And he wonders what threat his son really posed -- since he had recently had knee surgery before the shooting.

"Maybe one bullet can be explained, but how do you explain seven bullets?" The FBI won't confirm the number of shots fired.
http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...-prosecutor/KgixZ2YxwmM2rMcAP2tvPJ/story.html

Wow. Seven shots is a lot. It was not just the FBI who was there. Weren't there local and state police officers there, also? It appears the investigation might involve more than one officer shooting which would give credibility to their statements that there was an actual threat by the suspect. jmo

I am pretty ignorant about guns, just to preface this! But, I think we had a discussion earlier that all FBI handguns are semi-automatics. So, if the trigger is pulled isn't a complete round fired and not a single bullet?

I am pretty ignorant about guns, just to preface this! But, I think we had a discussion earlier that all FBI handguns are semi-automatics. So, if the trigger is pulled isn't a complete round fired and not a single bullet?

Can't help you out on that. I thought they might be trying to figure who fired all those bullets. If they came from one gun, not so good. If they came from a number of guns it lends credibility to the suspect trying to attack. jmo

I was searching for new information on the Waltham Murders (2011) and came across some interesting articles with new happenings and information...

Friend of man shot during interrogation in Boston Marathon bombing is arrested

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...end-arrested-florida-20130920,0,1364557.story

September 21, 2013

Ashurmamad Miraliev, 20, was arrested Wednesday in Orange County on an out-of-county warrant, interviewed by deputies and the FBI and booked into the Osceola County Jail Friday on a charge of tampering with a victim by threat.

The charge stems from a July 2012 incident when Todashev and Miraliev went to Ali Baba Hookah Lounge on Polynesian Isle Boulevard near Kissimmee.

The men were asked to leave after an argument with the manager, sheriff's spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said.

Todashev hit the manager in the face, injuring the right side of his jaw and also his elbow when he fell, Lizasuain said.

Osceola deputies didn't identify Todashev until May, she said. They were trying to get an arrest warrant for a felony battery charge when Todashev was shot and killed by a Boston-based FBI agent May 22 during questioning at his apartment in Orlando.

The FBI said it is reviewing the incident and has refused to provide details.
On Aug. 23, an anonymous caller told the Sheriff's Office that Miraliev had threatened to hurt the bar manager because he had an employee call deputies on Todashev, Lizasuain said.

The arrest of Miraliev, who lives at the same Orlando address where Todashev was killed, stems from that incident in 2012.

This article is also quite interesting and fairly long and is mostly an interview with IT's girlfriend in Florida...

New Details in the FBI Shooting Death of Tamerlan Tsarnaev Associate: Ibragim Todashev’s live-in girlfriend, Tatiana Gruzdeva, reveals what happened in the days leading up to the shooting in their Florida apartment.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...i-shooting-death-tamerlan-tsarnaev-associate/

September 20, 2013
She knew Todashev had been married before, to Reni Manukyan, 24, an Armenian-American he had met in Boston. Manukyan has told the Washington Post that she and Todashev were separated. Gruzdeva said she believed they were divorced.

Around the time of the marathon bombing, Gruzdeva recalled, Todashev seemed sad. At first he would not tell her why.

...The agents asked about a call Todashev received from Tsarnaev after Todashev’s surgery. Todashev told the FBI that the two men had simply made small talk. They pressed him, asking why he had deleted the call from his phone’s memory. “I was scared,” Gruzdeva remembered him answering.

When Gruzdeva met with FBI agents, she said, they at first continued to ask her about the marathon bombing. Then they brought up a new topic: a triple murder.

“They said, ‘We think he did something else, before.’ They said he killed three people in Boston 2011 with a knife. I said, ‘It’ s not true! I can’t believe it.’ You know, I was living with him seven months, and we have a cat.”

...For the first week, Gruzdeva told me, she was kept in an immigration detention facility. She was allowed to talk to Todashev every day on the phone. She said he told her that when he had come to find her in the lobby the day she was detained, FBI agents mocked him, saying “Where’s your girlfriend?”

She said the mocking infuriated Todashev. “He said, ‘I want to hit them because I was so mad, why they lie to me? They stole you.’”

Later that week, the facility had a visiting day, she said. Todashev came to see her.

“He kissed me, he hugged me like never, it was so sweet, like always. And he tell me, ‘I will marry you when you get out of here, or in the jail, whatever. If we can marry in the jail, we will marry in the jail.’”

...Finally, on August 8, she was released from custody. She said Ashurmamad Miraliev, a friend of Todashev—the same man arrested on Wednesday—came to pick her up, along with Todashev’s father, Abdulbaki, who had flown to Florida from Chechnya to meet with prosecutors. They drove her back to the house she had shared with Todashev, where he had been killed. “They said, ‘Don’t worry the house is clean and we cleaned everything.’”

Miraliev became Gruzdeva’s roommate, she said, helping her to pay the rent. On Wednesday, the two of them were on their way to visit her immigration officer when they were stopped by the police. “It was police cars, police cars, police cars. Undercover people they just stop us with five police cars.” They arrested Miraliev. “They told me he was in Orange County jail,” she said. “I don’t know why they took him.”

Ashurmamad Miraliev and Ibragim Todashev, killed by an FBI agent, were at a lounge together in Osceola County.

Ashurmamad Miraliev, 20, was arrested Wednesday in Orange County on an out-of-county warrant, interviewed by deputies and the FBI and booked into the Osceola County Jail Friday on a charge of tampering with a victim by threat.
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The charge stems from a July 2012 incident when Todashev and Miraliev went to Ali Baba Hookah Lounge on Polynesian Isle Boulevard near Kissimmee.

The men were asked to leave after an argument with the manager, sheriff's spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said.

Todashev hit the manager in the face, injuring the right side of his jaw and also his elbow when he fell, Lizasuain said.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...dashev-boston-based-fbi-agent-boston-marathon

• According to an arrest affidavit obtained from the Orange County Sheriff’s office, Ashurmamad Miraliev, 23, originally from Tajikistan, was arrested at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on an Osceola County warrant for allegedly threatening a victim of a crime. It is not known whether this charge has anything to do with Todashev’s death, the bombings, or the homicide case.
  • The affidavit states that Miraliev was questioned by the FBI before being booked into jail and held on a $50,000 bond. Allen Moore, public information officer for Orange County Corrections, said that Miraliev was being held for both the Osceola warrant and a detainer from a federal agency that, by law, he could not name. He did say that the agency was not the FBI.
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...i-shooting-death-tamerlan-tsarnaev-associate/

Suspecting the federal agency is immigration perhaps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
repeatfranchisegroup
Back