FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These are all brilliant questions. I hope LE is vigorously investigating one of their own. I’ve found it odd that with all the blabbering & blithering CB does- and all the extemporaneous details she tosses in to every tale- that there’s never been mention of the name of her bro’s partner that night. My guess is that her bro was never on duty that night, not on patrol, and there was never a third party present. I think Don’s body (or the large meat grinder) was disposed of that night & his van driven to the airport. Moo & speculation.
My thoughts exactly!!!

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chadd Chronister has said this story was false in the attached article. The article states, "He went on to say that Baskin’s brother had actually been on another call that night and had someone under arrest in his car and later booked the individual into the jail".

Apparently, she was picked up from Albertson's, but requested one of her brothers friends to get her.

Sheriff Denies Cover-Up In Disappearance Of 'Tiger King' Star Carole Baskin's Missing Husband

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chadd Chronister has said this story was false in the attached article. The article states, "He went on to say that Baskin’s brother had actually been on another call that night and had someone under arrest in his car and later booked the individual into the jail".

Apparently, she was picked up from Albertson's, but requested one of her brothers friends to get her.

Sheriff Denies Cover-Up In Disappearance Of 'Tiger King' Star Carole Baskin's Missing Husband
Thank you for sharing that!! Very interesting that she said she was walking down the street and her brother drove by.

The Sheriff said she actually reached out to her (estranged) brother instead of calling her husband or AAA to get the car home.

That's one more inconsistent statement she made.

This article does seem to confirm half of CB’s story:
[Baskin’s brother] had asked for one of his other friends, another deputy to please take her home,” Chronister told Grace. “Another deputy sheriff did pick her up from the Albertson’s and give her a ride back to the animal sanctuary.

Chronister doesn’t completely dispel the other half though.
He doesn’t state what time her brother got off duty- just that he was making an arrest & booking on the night in question, which I interpret as during the 3AM window? Once his “deputy friend” drove CB home, we never know what happened to her disabled car. Was it towed to repair somewhere? When did she get the car back? How did she get the car back? What was wrong with it? Who picked her up at her house to drive her to pick it up later- once it was repaired?

For all we know, Don’s body was in the trunk, and the battery died. Chronister confirms the deputy friend of bro drove her home. Someone (not accusing bro or friend) jumped (or fixed) dead (or disabled) car, drove it to body dump site & got rid of Don. Meanwhile a 2nd someone drove Don’s van to airport, returning via carpool with driver of CB’s jumped/fixed car.

Jmoo & speculation based on minimal confirmed tidbits...
Reposting link...

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that!! Very interesting that she said she was walking down the street and her brother drove by.

The Sheriff said she actually reached out to her (estranged) brother instead of calling her husband or AAA to get the car home.

That's one more inconsistent statement she made.
Good point! But then again, maybe he did drive by. Chronister never said where deputy brother made an arrest that night or what route he drove to get to booking. The man in custody that night is yet another unnamed witness. Imo

[Baskin’s brother] had asked for one of his other friends, another deputy to please take her home,” Chronister told Grace. “Another deputy sheriff did pick her up from the Albertson’s and give her a ride back to the animal sanctuary.

He doesn’t state what time her brother got off duty- just that he was making an arrest & booking on the night in question, which I interpret as during the 3AM window? Once his “deputy friend” drove CB home, we never know what happened to her disabled car. Was it towed to repair somewhere? When did she get the car back? How did she get the car back? What was wrong with it? Who picked her up at her house to drive her to pick it up later- once it was repaired?

For all we know, Don’s body was in the trunk, and the battery died. Chronister confirms the deputy friend of bro drove her home. Someone (not accusing bro or friend) jumped (or fixed) dead (or disabled) car, drove it to body dump site & got rid of Don. Meanwhile a 2nd someone drove Don’s van to airport, returning via carpool with driver of CB’s jumped/fixed car.

Reposting link...

Reposting link...

I agree there could be many variables, but I also feel that you cannot take for face value ANYTHING Carole Baskin says. She is a compulsive liar and it is very possible her brother assisted her. Even if you look at the current family situation, and how her family is all around her, working at the Big Cat Rescue, it is obvious that the family will back each other up for good or bad.

I think Sheriff Chad Chronister is not saying that CB's story is false... He is denying CB's brother of having any involvement in JDL's "disappearance" and confirming that VCS Jr did call a partner to give CB a ride home. As @JudgeJoe said, Chronister's version confirmes half of CB's story.

JMO

Woody Overton and Jim Rathmann are going to investigate Don's disappearance. They are podcasting about the investigation.

Real Life Real Crime Team Opens Tiger King, Don Lewis, Cold Case
I'm listening now. Tricia Farr said Kenny Farr worked 7 days a week but on Sunday, 8/17/97, Kenny stayed home. She said it was odd because he never took a day off. Ever. That was the last day anyone other than Carole claims to have seen Don alive.
Around 1pm a man they called "Mexican Mike" Garcia picked him up. He came home around 11pm in Don's blue van full of Don's guns and told her to help unload them.

She asked why he had Don's property. He said he was just holding them for awhile. He said "look, Don's gone. No one knows where he is and I don't want you talking about him to anyone." That was the day BEFORE he supposedly went missing.

Last edited:

"McQueen says she tried phoning and paging Lewis to remind him he needed the title for the “Costa Rica truck” and the motorcycles it was hauling. That afternoon she began punching into his pager her and Lewis’ emergency code, “9797.” That was their signal for “Urgent! Call Me!”

"McQueen got no response. That night she called him at home until midnight. There was no answer.

On Tuesday she called Ken Farr at Easy Street and left a message for Lewis to call. No response. Later she reached Carole Lewis.

“Do you have any idea where Don’s at?” McQueen asked.

“I haven’t seen him since yesterday,” Carol said."

Tricia Farr said Kenny Farr worked 7 days a week but on Sunday, 8/17/97 he stayed home.
Around 1pm a man they called "Mexican Mike" Garcia picked him up. He came home around 11pm in Don's blue van.

Don was killed sometime between Friday 15th evening and Sunday 17th morning.
Sunday 17th between 1pm and 11pm someone disposed of Don's body.
Monday 18th 3am, the van was planted at Pilot Country Airport. (Owner said on Wed, 20th the van had been there for a couple of days, per police report).
Carole never saw Don "early early early" on Monday 18th. Someone else delivered the real estate signs at 6am (Carole herself?)
The run to the store at 3am and "bumping into his brother" was to build an alibi.
On Tuesday, CB finally decides to report JDL as a missing person. And we ask why? Why this time when "it wasn’t unusual for Don to disappear and “pout.”!

JMT JMO MOO

30 days after Don went missing Carole gave Kenny 3 properties. Four days later she gave him 3 more.

Tricia got up Monday 8/18/97 at 6am. Kenny usually left for work at 5am but he was long gone. The coffee pot was already cold.
So Kenny left early, early, early.

WOW. During a fight Kenny told her if she tried to leave him he'd put her through the meat grinder like he did Don.

She believes they killed Don on some land he owned they referred to as "The Lake Property".
172 acres with an alligator infested lake.

She said there were 2 large meat grinders. One was pulled around by a golf cart. At least one was sold at auction. She found the receipt in Kenny's pocket.

I don't know if you guys have checked out this group but are seriously pulling together information on CB...they have both Anne McQueen and Trish Norway in group and have just had a Q&A with both also in core group is Johnny jack smith among many others. They have a great mix of researchers,law enforcement active and retired,armchair detectives and journalists both hard copy and online.
They are gathered alot of documentation together and are still working at it, some full time with the covid restrictions both here and in Costa Rica.

Face book Don Lewis Cold Case Files. Public Group | Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back