FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have her birth date or how old she is?

TIA! Must update my notes! :D
From 2022 (I found Mar 1987):

Gardner-Fernandez, 35, had not publicly commented about Bridegan or his Feb. 16 death until this week.

BRIDEGAN MURDER CASE UPDATE: The State Attorney's Office is announcing a grand jury has indicted Shanna Gardner-Fernandez on first degree murder charges. SAO says she was arrested this morning and will be brought back to Duval Co.

Jared's widow, Kirsten Bridegan, says the next chapter will be excruciating, but they are confident in the SAO and law enforcement that justice will be done. She also says her heart is also with Jared's oldest children, Liam and Abby.

I’m really interested in the key detail that allowed her arrest. Happy to see this and that explains why she may not be in the system yet today. I feel for the twins and hope they have loving family to take care of them. Hope they can see their siblings soon.

I am not able to be here on Websleuths as often these days. But this is one case I have followed closely and had to stop in to say how satisfying it is to see these charges appear against Shanna Gardner-Fernandez. My heart goes out to Jared's twins, to his wife Kirsten, and to their girls. Their world has been shattered and nothing can undo it. My hope has always been that Kirsten would be allowed to be in contact with the twins. How anyone could rip those twins from their half-siblings is a mystery to me. How cruel and unnecessary.

Sometimes the wheels of justice turn slowly...but by golly, they turn.
Let 'em roll.

charges: first degree murder, conspiracy to commit first degree murder, solicitation to commit first degree murder and...
CHILD ABUSE

I am thinking the child abuse charge stems from the 2-year-old being at the scene (witnessing/hearing the murder of her dad) and being left alone while strapped in a car seat until a good Samaritan came upon the scene and called 911.

Moo.

or will they continue to use their money to try and get her off.
Or... use their money to get her out- and thus effectively, off.

She is facing life imprisonment in a state where "life means life". She might even be facing Florida's active (as opposed to symbolic) death penalty.

She also has access to sufficient money to fund an over seas run. I am thinking "flight risk". If she gets bail, any and all passports need to be confiscated and she needs to be on each and every "no fly" list.

Or... use their money to get her out- and thus effectively, off.

She is facing life imprisonment in a state where "life means life". She might even be facing Florida's active (as opposed to symbolic) death penalty.

She also has access to sufficient money to fund an over seas run. I am thinking "flight risk". If she gets bail, any and all passports need to be confiscated and she needs to be on each and every "no fly" list.

I agree.
If she is given bail she will be gone and with the money at her disposal, pulled passports and no fly lists won’t stop her.
Frankly I’m surprised she hasn’t disappeared before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak