GUILTY FL - Jennifer Alfonso, 27, murdered in her South Miami home, 8 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone else worried? It seems a long time for a verdict that I believe should be easy to reach.

It is taking longer than I thought. The jurors watched the interview with the child this morning and haven't asked for anything else. They must not be in agreement on all of the charges.

Natalia ZeaVerified account ‏@nataliacbs4
Still no response for jury on whether they want lunch ordered. Victim's family member joked, "they can't even agree on lunch"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Yes, they want lunch ordered. Of course they do, it's almost 1pm there.

Darn, I was hoping they would say no which would indicate they are close to a verdict. Judge told them to continue to deliberate until their lunch arrives.

John Turchin WPLG ‏@johnturchin 2m2 minutes ago
When Baliff handed jurors menus, one asked "Can we see u for a moment?" Judge inquiring

Natalia ZeaVerified account ‏@nataliacbs4 4m4 minutes ago
The jury indicated they wanted to see the Judge. She is writing them note that all communication must be in writing.

Hmm... nothing more was said about wanting to see the Judge. Lunch is being ordered and we continue to wait.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 6m6 minutes ago
According to @nataliacbs4 , #DerekMedina jury wanted to talk to judge about their holiday plans. That doesn't bode well for verdict today.

Holiday plans?????I simple cannot believe this....I fully expected they had a verdict last night and wanted to sleep on it and verdict would be read first thing today....if this is true about "holiday plans" then I think we have a big problem with the verdict. To me this is so black and white and if it goes any other way that first degree I would put it right up with OJ and Casey Anthony. That defense loon attorney had nothing to work with but even with that said he did so poorly ...but then I thought the same about Jose Baez.

Holiday plans?????I simple cannot believe this....I fully expected they had a verdict last night and wanted to sleep on it and verdict would be read first thing today....if this is true about "holiday plans" then I think we have a big problem with the verdict. To me this is so black and white and if it goes any other way that first degree I would put it right up with OJ and Casey Anthony. That defense loon attorney had nothing to work with but even with that said he did so poorly ...but then I thought the same about Jose Baez.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#DerekMedina CORRECTION: Jury never spoke to judge. I misread @nataliacbs4 tweets. They did NOT speak about holiday plans. Disregard.

I feel much better now, lol. But come on Cathy, you know better than to tweet rumors. I'll stick to reporters tweets only from now on.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#DerekMedina CORRECTION: Jury never spoke to judge. I misread @nataliacbs4 tweets. They did NOT speak about holiday plans. Disregard.

I feel much better now, lol. But come on Cathy, you know better than to tweet rumors. I'll stick to reporters tweets only from now on.

That is a really bad tweet...Cathy is usually very accurate....glad it is a rumor as it made no sense at all....they will be done today...judge has travel plans!!

I'm surprised we don't have a verdict yet. I'm guessing the dilemma is between 1st and 2nd degree. Going back upstairs for the sole purpose of getting the gun and then hiding it from Isabel on his way back down prior to pumping Jennifer's body with 8 bullets is clear premeditation. Come on jury. Do the right thing.

2nd degree. Ugh.

Rest in peace Jennifer. You didn't deserve what he did to you.

John Turchin WPLG ‏@johnturchin 3m3 minutes ago
DEREK MEDINA FOUND "GUILTY" CT 1 - SECOND DG MURDER

CT 2 - SHOOTING/ THROWING DEADLY MISSLE - GUILTYCT 3 CHILD NEGLECT - GUILTY

Would love to know why they decided 2nd degree, was it the shadow knife or something else?

DEREK MEDINA FOUND "GUILTY" CT 1 - SECOND DG MURDER

CT 2 - SHOOTING/ THROWING DEADLY MISSLE - GUILTYCT 3 CHILD NEGLECT - GUILTY

Would love to know why they decided 2nd degree, was it the shadow knife or something else?

Can't be. If they all believed she had a knife in her hand then they would've acquitted him. The only difference between 1st and 2nd degree is premeditation.

Can't be. If they all believed she had a knife in her hand then they would've acquitted him. The only difference between 1st and 2nd degree is premeditation.

Then I don't know how they arrived at 2nd degree. He left the kitchen without injury, went upstairs and got gun, closed the child's bedroom door, and went back to the kitchen. He could have walked out the front door at that point but went into the kitchen. The jury must not have understood that premeditation doesn't need days of planning.

The 2nd degree still can give him LWOP. The defense asked for a pre-sentence investigation so they must be hoping for a good report so he gets a lesser sentence.

Really surprised there was no outburst by DM.

I was expecting an outburst too. He was really stoic but was probably expecting 1st degree and thought 2nd degree was not so bad.

I did like seeing him get handcuffed and fingerprinted, then taken out by LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back