FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep trying to search and find the answer but does anyone recall reading anywhere if when Jenn was on the phone with Rob that night, was she on her landline or cell phone?

Also, was this a number that she readily gave to people or just family and her boyfriend had the number?

Another question is do we know what Jenn's typical going out or dinner attire looked like? Did it resemble her work clothes and the heels?

Great questions. I ^think^ it was a landline phone. I have another question :

What did JK do for dinner on the night of 1/23 ? She left work at 6pm. Had been away. Did she go to the grocery store on her way home ? Get some food to go ? Order out and have it delivered ? Or did she go out to dinner on her way home ?

Also, I read that the dishes in the dishwasher had been cleaned by JK's brother when he left the condo. Did JK make coffee that morning ? Any sign at all in the condo that she had breakfast ?

Great questions. I ^think^ it was a landline phone. I have another question :

What did JK do for dinner on the night of 1/23 ? She left work at 6pm. Had been away. Did she go to the grocery store on her way home ? Get some food to go ? Order out and have it delivered ? Or did she go out to dinner on her way home ?

Also, I read that the dishes in the dishwasher had been cleaned by JK's brother when he left the condo. Did JK make coffee that morning ? Any sign at all in the condo that she had breakfast ?

These are interesting questions. You are absolutely right, after 4 or 5 days away, her kitchen might be bare. What if she did encounter someone while out. It might be they checked her credit cards for activity that night.

I think whoever took her lived nearby and knew her routine and watched her for at least some time. I think this was a premeditated abduction rather than a crime of opportunity. I knew they were some transient workers around at the time, would it be possible to gain more information about the people who were around? Have these folks seen the camera footage? I certainly think the footage hasn't reached the right eyes. Someone who knows that person can identify him without seeing his face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone shed light on what was being done at Jenn's condos regarding the construction?
The condos were having everything done from top to bottom as in flooring, paint, cabinets etc?
Also is this something one company does or would several companies would be contracted in to do each job?

Out of curiosity has anyone looked through old yearbooks that Jennifer Kesse went to? I just looked through Jennifer Kesse's HS 1998 year book, which you can find online here.

http://www.classmates.com/siteui/yearbooks/4182718361?yearbookViewerEnabled=true&swipeEnabled=true

She is in it. I was curious about the hair styles of people living in that area, or if anyone looks anything similar to the POI, and there are a glut of people there with almost exact hair styles and style of clothing if you look through the pages. I was class of 1999 myself and people didn't dress like that here in la, but it seems like a norm in the yearbook I saw.

That initial idea I had of it being gang related, I don't think that as much now. Probably someone she knew.

I know this is kind of like stabbing in the dark, but were classmates ever looked at?

kind regards.

Out of curiosity has anyone looked through old yearbooks that Jennifer Kesse went to? I just looked through Jennifer Kesse's HS 1998 year book, which you can find online here.

http://www.classmates.com/siteui/yearbooks/4182718361?yearbookViewerEnabled=true&swipeEnabled=true

She is in it. I was curious about the hair styles of people living in that area, or if anyone looks anything similar to the POI, and there are a glut of people there with almost exact hair styles and style of clothing if you look through the pages. I was class of 1999 myself and people didn't dress like that here in la, but it seems like a norm in the yearbook I saw.

That initial idea I had of it being gang related, I don't think that as much now. Probably someone she knew.

I know this is kind of like stabbing in the dark, but were classmates ever looked at?

kind regards.

Good observation. I don't believe there is information about her classmates being investigated. That would require a reason though, why would the LE investigate if they have no reason to do so? I mean, investigation can b extremely time consuming, they would be looking to narrow down their search based on evidence.

I may not be the only one thinking this, but the hairstyle of the person seen on camera is not very clearly seen or identifiable. Unless they could place some of the classmates close to where Jennifer was abducted from, I see no real reason to look at them. Investigating them based on some loose notion of similar hairstyle is a waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kind regards.

Probably not. But I felt the same thing about the hairstyle, that it's more common than I think people realize. I know that in urban areas it is quite common. It's stylish. I think a young man who sported this style takes pride in his appearance. Which might fall in with the idea that the person who abducted Jennifer may not have appeared threatening. He may have looked, clean, well put together, safe--perhaps even attractive.

Can someone shed light on what was being done at Jenn's condos regarding the construction?
The condos were having everything done from top to bottom as in flooring, paint, cabinets etc?
Also is this something one company does or would several companies would be contracted in to do each job?

Those are great questions. My understanding from a few of the articles I read, was that there was an entire complex being built directly behind Jennifer's. And that her complex was very much still a work in progress. I think only half of the units at the Mosaic had residents. And there were about 425 units total.

I don't know who was hired to do the construction, but it would not be surprising if there was more than one contractor for a job like that. And certainly you also have landscapers and general maintenance workers as well.

Construction at a condo development would be a daytime endeavor. It would get dark before 6:00 PM. In January. You would expect all hands on deck during core hours of say 8:00 to 5:00. If it was one of the workmen who abducted Jen, they would not have been on the job that morning.

The possible scenario where it could have been a workman who was on the job that would be a PM abduction. It seems unlikely that a workman there would have been able to lure her out late at night. In addition, he would then have to move her car during his lunch break. Why would he risk moving the car when he could easily be seen? What ever happened, when ever the abduction occurred, dropping Jen's car off at HOTG and returning to Mosaic was a part of the process of carrying out the abduction and not just staging. The perp was carrying out steps of the abduction that morning. He was not working with a construction crew.

From what I understand, interviewing construction workers and foremen (and hopefully contractors) was conducted in the days after the abduction. Identifying anyone who was AWOL that morning or had been let go or quit in the week before. If they didn't live on the job site, how would they have know that the Tall Blonde was back?

If the establishment of the perpetrator's height from the CCTV was done accurately, and the FBI should have been able to get it right within an inch or two, the estimated height should have been used to rule in or out Workmen who were unaccounted for.

Latin American immigrants are, on average, shorter than native born Americans but 5'4" or 5'5" would stand out as particularly short. If LE is even looking in that direction, the fact that the perpetrator might be illegally in the country and even using a false identity, would not preclude the FBI tracking him down. Contrary to some comments here, undocumented immigrants do often cooperate with law enforcement in criminal matters. Federal LE in particular has tools at their disposal to create a "carrot and stick" situations to get reluctant witnesses to talk. While they can turn people over to immigration authorities, they can also help cooperative witness resolve immigration "problems".

It is certainly possible that a workman at the site is the perpetrator, particularly if it was an AM abduction. If so, LE may have identified specific suspects. It is also very possible that it was someone who knew Jen, perhaps casually or who just saw her and followed her and found out where she lived and her morning routine. That person could easily have no ties to Mosaic.

Construction at a condo development would be a daytime endeavor. It would get dark before 6:00 PM. In January. You would expect all hands on deck during core hours of say 8:00 to 5:00. If it was one of the workmen who abducted Jen, they would not have been on the job that morning.

The possible scenario where it could have been a workman who was on the job that would be a PM abduction. It seems unlikely that a workman there would have been able to lure her out late at night. In addition, he would then have to move her car during his lunch break. Why would he risk moving the car when he could easily be seen? What ever happened, when ever the abduction occurred, dropping Jen's car off at HOTG and returning to Mosaic was a part of the process of carrying out the abduction and not just staging. The perp was carrying out steps of the abduction that morning. He was not working with a construction crew.

From what I understand, interviewing construction workers and foremen (and hopefully contractors) was conducted in the days after the abduction. Identifying anyone who was AWOL that morning or had been let go or quit in the week before. If they didn't live on the job site, how would they have know that the Tall Blonde was back?

If the establishment of the perpetrator's height from the CCTV was done accurately, and the FBI should have been able to get it right within an inch or two, the estimated height should have been used to rule in or out Workmen who were unaccounted for.

Latin American immigrants are, on average, shorter than native born Americans but 5'4" or 5'5" would stand out as particularly short. If LE is even looking in that direction, the fact that the perpetrator might be illegally in the country and even using a false identity, would not preclude the FBI tracking him down. Contrary to some comments here, undocumented immigrants do often cooperate with law enforcement in criminal matters. Federal LE in particular has tools at their disposal to create a "carrot and stick" situations to get reluctant witnesses to talk. While they can turn people over to immigration authorities, they can also help cooperative witness resolve immigration "problems".

It is certainly possible that a workman at the site is the perpetrator, particularly if it was an AM abduction. If so, LE may have identified specific suspects. It is also very possible that it was someone who knew Jen, perhaps casually or who just saw her and followed her and found out where she lived and her morning routine. That person could easily have no ties to Mosaic.

I know of cases where an undocumented worker has been set to testify as a witness at trial, and been deported regardless of the fact that they were key to a prosecution. I think you are very mistaken that in a missing person's case, there would be any protection for someone undocumented. And the fear around deportation is a huge problem with some investigations. I don't know what cases you are referencing, so if you can provide a link I'd love to know about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ted-immigrants-wary-report-crimes-deportation

http://www.policylink.org/sites/default/files/INSECURE_COMMUNITIES_REPORT_FINAL.PDF

I don't necessarily think that someone from Mosaic was involved. But Jennifer's car tells a story: it never went very far. So whatever happened initially, it was close to home. Otherwise, why even move the car? Why not just take off in your own vehicle and get as far away as possible?

And if Jennifer's car was central and critical to carrying out this crime, again, everything that was done, was done close by. So if not the Mosaic, where?

I think it was a person who was staying or working in her condo complex for a time. I would think it would have to be someone nobody has a written record of. Perhaps even some tenant with in view of her condo had a friend staying there that could have done it. That tenant might have hid that fact when he or she realized what their visitor had done. Of course it also could be a day laborer for one of the contractors working there. The person had to drive back nearby to get back to where he started from. My guess is, the police have already spoken to a person who knows the perp, but that person might not even realize it, but even if they did know hid that fact. Somewhere in some box is probably the missing clue,.

Plagued by questions:

Where is JK's car today ?

Has LE ever revealed when the batteries were removed from both cell phones ? Because that is telling...if they do believe JK was abducted that morning, why no release that information about the phone batteries ?

what was that DVD player doing in the car ? Was there a DVD in it ?

A comment : in the Disappeared episode, the reporter stood near JK's parking spot..it was SO close to her condo stairwell....if the landscapers were there at 7 30 am, it's hard to imagine that they heard and saw nothing.. assuming she really was abducted around that time.

Number weirdness : JK moved into her condo on 11/24. She disappeared on 1/24. She was 24...likely only a number freak like me would pay any attention to this...

I think it was a person who was staying or working in her condo complex for a time. I would think it would have to be someone nobody has a written record of. Perhaps even some tenant with in view of her condo had a friend staying there that could have done it. That tenant might have hid that fact when he or she realized what their visitor had done. Of course it also could be a day laborer for one of the contractors working there. The person had to drive back nearby to get back to where he started from. My guess is, the police have already spoken to a person who knows the perp, but that person might not even realize it, but even if they did know hid that fact. Somewhere in some box is probably the missing clue,.

With companies that hire undocumented workers, sometimes there is NOT a paper trail. The workers sometimes only get that work on the day of. This was 2006, and the immigration policies were very different than during the Obama presidency. Obama actually deported a lot of people as well, but the rules were more clear during his presidency. The fact that suddenly a sizable number of workers vanish from Mosaic, right at investigators land on the scene, and it was reported that they could not be interviewed, and had not been interviewed--could mean they were involved, but it could also mean they feared an encounter with police--and just got the heck out of dodge.

I agree. I would not be surprised if the killer (and I am assuming that Jennifer was murdered) was interviewed. Or someone who knows who the killer is, was.

Plagued by questions:

Where is JK's car today ?

Has LE ever revealed when the batteries were removed from both cell phones ? Because that is telling...if they do believe JK was abducted that morning, why no release that information about the phone batteries ?

what was that DVD player doing in the car ? Was there a DVD in it ?

A comment : in the Disappeared episode, the reporter stood near JK's parking spot..it was SO close to her condo stairwell....if the landscapers were there at 7 30 am, it's hard to imagine that they heard and saw nothing.. assuming she really was abducted around that time.

Number weirdness : JK moved into her condo on 11/24. She disappeared on 1/24. She was 24...likely only a number freak like me would pay any attention to this...

Excellent points and questions. The only one I have an answer for is the DVD. I seem to remember Drew Kesse saying it had to be fixed.

While unskilled general laborers are often hired off of some street corner and paid cash at the end of the day, most undocumented construction workers who have specific skills are formally hired with payroll withholding. Employers generally request something that passes for a social security card with the name the employee is working under. Employees also usually carry a passable fake Green Card to use as identification in order to cash their paychecks. In theory the employer is supposed to receive proof of legal residency but many just ignore the rule. Some employers will require a passable Green Card.

For that reason, most of the more established immigrant workers use the same name and Social Security numbers from job to job as well as rental contracts, cell phone service even car loans, even if the number is invalid and the name not their real name. A lot of illegal aliens are very well established with FICA scores and traceable identities.

While some jurisdictions may have fixed policies of when LE turns people over to ICE, they usually try to cultivate good relations with immigrant communities by trying to stay out of the immigration enforcement business. Federal authorities have a lot of discretion and flexibility. The FBI, DEA etc has a lot of power to make good things and bad things happen to people who are
in positions to help or hinder an investigation.

Also, was't the DVD player a gift from her boyfriend ?

On the topic of undocumented workers, especially when it comes to construction, you will never know. being from a state with the largest # of undocumented workers, it happens everyday here where people get hired for a job, even with papers, a lot of the time they are not in order, they are expired or forged. Not trying to stir up emotions or anything, but if that were the case and it was one of them who did this, you will never find out who this person is.

Me personally I do not think it was an undocumented worker now, I really think this person was white and knew her, and if he wasn't white, he was no fob, that I think for sure. Why do I think this? Because usually people looking for jobs like that don't take care of themselves as much. I think I can say confidently, personally of course that this was no undocumented worker, even in 2006.

I seriously do not think he was part of that whole undocumented worker thing going. Lets say he was working in construction, I still think he is white. I'm going on hair style alone, and I understand some say that the POI image is of low quality, but you can almost make out what style that hair is and we really have nothing else to go on visually speaking.

I have included a picture below of what hair style im talking about that I think it would look like.

http://imgur.com/a/f6B0h

Now im not saying this is the guy, i'm just saying that it looks like this type of hair style. The theory of the POI wearing a bicycle helmet makes no sense because there isn't height there on that right side view. I think it's hair, personally speaking. Either that or something happened that is completely nothing to do with anything.

This site is wonderful. I think I found a new hobby, but there is just so many cases out there, wouldn't hurt to get invested in a few.

While unskilled general laborers are often hired off of some street corner and paid cash at the end of the day, most undocumented construction workers who have specific skills are formally hired with payroll withholding. Employers generally request something that passes for a social security card with the name the employee is working under. Employees also usually carry a passable fake Green Card to use as identification in order to cash their paychecks. In theory the employer is supposed to receive proof of legal residency but many just ignore the rule. Some employers will require a passable Green Card.

For that reason, most of the more established immigrant workers use the same name and Social Security numbers from job to job as well as rental contracts, cell phone service even car loans, even if the number is invalid and the name not their real name. A lot of illegal aliens are very well established with FICA scores and traceable identities.

While some jurisdictions may have fixed policies of when LE turns people over to ICE, they usually try to cultivate good relations with immigrant communities by trying to stay out of the immigration enforcement business. Federal authorities have a lot of discretion and flexibility. The FBI, DEA etc has a lot of power to make good things and bad things happen to people who are
in positions to help or hinder an investigation.

Also, was't the DVD player a gift from her boyfriend ?

The I-9 law was passed in 1986 and the hiring manager must view the documents...this is what it says where the manager signs.

Certification: I attest, under penalty of perjury, that (1) I have examined the document(s) presented by the above-named employee,
(2) the above-listed document(s) appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee named, and (3) to the best of my knowledge the
employee is authorized to work in the United States

As someone who has signed this document at least 200 times, believe me, i made sure those documents were real. the truth is the law is just not enforced. nobody is perp walking HR directors and CEO's. it is better press to slam the powerless immigrant.

Having said that, i do think the perp had a loose association with this condo complex. I lean most to a day worker or a visitor of a complex resident.

On the topic of undocumented workers, especially when it comes to construction, you will never know. being from a state with the largest # of undocumented workers, it happens everyday here where people get hired for a job, even with papers, a lot of the time they are not in order, they are expired or forged. Not trying to stir up emotions or anything, but if that were the case and it was one of them who did this, you will never find out who this person is.

Me personally I do not think it was an undocumented worker now, I really think this person was white and knew her, and if he wasn't white, he was no fob, that I think for sure. Why do I think this? Because usually people looking for jobs like that don't take care of themselves as much. I think I can say confidently, personally of course that this was no undocumented worker, even in 2006.

I seriously do not think he was part of that whole undocumented worker thing going. Lets say he was working in construction, I still think he is white. I'm going on hair style alone, and I understand some say that the POI image is of low quality, but you can almost make out what style that hair is and we really have nothing else to go on visually speaking.

I have included a picture below of what hair style im talking about that I think it would look like.

Now im not saying this is the guy, i'm just saying that it looks like this type of hair style. The theory of the POI wearing a bicycle helmet makes no sense because there isn't height there on that right side view. I think it's hair, personally speaking. Either that or something happened that is completely nothing to do with anything.

This site is wonderful. I think I found a new hobby, but there is just so many cases out there, wouldn't hurt to get invested in a few.

There's a couple of problems with that image. One is that we don't see the front or sides of the POI's head, so that image doesn't indicate anything about a comparison other than unlikely that the back of that is the hair tied up in a bun thing that people believe that the back is. Generally hair tied up in a bun in back will be pulled back from the front and wouldn't look anything like your example.

I do appreciate the feedback on the bike helmet though. Height wise I have examples of bike helmets with that style of back posted on the Blowups page and a few pages back in previous thread for sure, I have posted images for years so they're spread out through these threads as far as discussing them.

The ones I found that matched closest were Rudy Project helmets. I take your height of helmet comment under advisement. I compared again and the POI top is not very high, that's very true, and I also thought it was a hair bun for the first day or two. But comparing them again just now points out how perfect the curves are on that top to back with a plateau and double hump in back. The more you look at it the more you see how solid the shape is.

The other factor is, funny that you mention seeing the texture below because you certainly can, not many know that, but as part of that you can practically see where the hair in the back is visble as a texture below the helmet. Also along those lines the back from the double hump slopes back into the neck and shows in the image as a zig zag pattern.

Lastly, you can see the top of the POI's head in image 3 above his face and in the video of the car being parked, and both cases you can see a rise from his head of a dark solid shape that is not a high helmet at all but is a solid regular shape. Of course both of those images are from a distance but helpful.

I doubt that this crime was committed by an undocumented worker, but I do have to wonder if a key witness to this crime may have been either undocumented, or those who, for other reasons, didn't want to get involved with police.

Sometimes the biggest obstruction to some of these cases is that key witnesses are, for any number of reasons, afraid of police.

But I am speculating. I just don't think that you can rule out Mosaic as the primary crime scene. But it could also be that Jennifer was transported to a nearby home or complex as well.

The only thing we kind of know for sure is that Jennifer's car did not travel far, so where ever it went, and for whatever reason it was moved--it was always close by to where Jennifer lived.

So was the car moved to take the spotlight off Mosaic? Or was it moved to take the spotlight off of another, nearby, location?

For me the case kind of comes down to those two questions.

It is claimed the car was moved to cause confusion.
If this was the motive it worked big time.

More than eleven years after the abduction the perpetrator walks free and is likely to do so into the foreseeable future.

This is what a botched investigation looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UK Feline