FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going through the podcasts now. The 10:40 PM power off of both phones is a myth. The friend's phone's battery went dead over the weekend and Jennifer's mother said LE never told her that Jennifer's phone went dead the night before. Her mother says this early on the podcast. So we really don't know when her phone went dead.

Thank you. I am convinced of the morning abduction theory, why is her briefcase missing? Why did she have a wet shower? Why are work shoes missing? Why are there clothes laid out on the bed? She's home on the phone on a work day at a late hour and then she goes out? Nope.

-She did not go to work on Monday though...

-Even though she had to work the next day, why wouldn't she go out? She was a young woman in great shape; she could probably function just fine on 4 hours of sleep... She wasn't some middle-aged person who is tired all the time!

-Also, depending on if she took a shower the night before, and what time, the shower could very easily stay wet until the late morning - especially in Florida where the humidity is nearly always over 50%.

Thank you. I am convinced of the morning abduction theory, why is her briefcase missing? Why did she have a wet shower? Why are work shoes missing? Why are there clothes laid out on the bed? She's home on the phone on a work day at a late hour and then she goes out? Nope.

-She did not go to work on Monday though...

-Even though she had to work the next day, why wouldn't she go out? She was a young woman in great shape; she could probably function just fine on 4 hours of sleep... She wasn't some middle-aged person who is tired all the time!

-Also, depending on if she took a shower the night before, and what time, the shower could very easily stay wet until the late morning - especially in Florida where the humidity is nearly always over 50%.

She went to work on Monday after staying Sunday night with her boyfriend. She went home after work and talked to her boyfriend late Monday eve. Jennifer did not make it to work the next day, Tuesday. Her car was driven to that parking spot near the pool area around noon on Tuesday, that man was on video then.

Okay, thanks for that. The phone info is vital to understand a possible timeline. Would think it would be more clear,but jmo. Wonder why Mr. Kesse later discounted the battery removal info ?

That's a very good question, and I expect it's the same reason he discounted the ping info (related but different info).

Okay, I'm back with the easy to find link:

Snipped quote: That evening, Jennifer talked to her Father, Mother, Brother and later with some friends and her boyfriend by phone as usual and that was the last anyone has seen or heard from Jennifer – Telephone call to her boyfriend at 9:57 pm 1/23/06 – Monday night.
http://jenniferkesse.com/

I'm working on the link for the interview where Rob gives a brief time frame for the length of the call. I really want to find that. So, probably tomorrow evening.
I apologize for the "bad form" of quoting myself.

I thought it might be better than to just stick this comment in unattached to anything.

I have to say I'm sorry because I can not find the link for the video I thought I saw of Jenn's boyfriend giving a time duration for their call on the evening of the 24th.

All I came up with was a video of RA saying they were both exhausted and decided to talk in the morning.

It really doesn't make my point, so I'm not even going to link it.

when someone knocked on the door jennifer was talking on the phone so how did she know it was the neighbor living upstairs ?
If it was
wouldn't she opened the door for a neighbor ?

I think , as jen apparently always spoke or txt rob in the morning (at whatever point) that if she did then leave with someone willingly (if she left at all alive..)she would have txt/spoke as normal, mentioning this? As this didn’t happen, does this point to a evening event?

I can’t figure out the flat looking like she left as normal tho , as it can’t be normal, as she didn’t speak to rob?!?
It could but consider that she was intending to text or call in the morning, once in her vehicle.

Suppose she was abducted in the hallway, after locking her condo door.

She never would have reached her car, but we would be looking at a morning abduction.

Just as food for thought. :)

I believe it was a morning abduction and the POI was the perpetrator. Whether the POI acted alone is open to question.

IIRC Jennifer was in bed at the time of the 9:57 phone call. It had been a long and tiring day so why would she get out of bed, dress and go out again?
I can't think of a reason, either. Unless I consider that she may not have been telling the truth.

And like I said yesterday (I think)--in my heart of hearts I don't believe that.

During my searches for something else, I did come across the link where it is mention Jenn was possibly in bed:

Jenn's boyfriend--Snipped Quote: Nothing out of the ordinary. I`ve known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/07/ng.01.html

This doesn't have anything to do with the case, but my knowledge of technology retired when I did, does the particular make of phone, example: LG, Samsung, Apple, etc. and the carrier, example: Verizon, Sprint, etc. have any bearing on a "ping", or is a ping just a ping regardless? Appreciate your expertise on this.

hi wpaylor, I'm nearing (very nearing) retirement myself but I did a lot of searching on this topic over the years because a few cases I've posted on has had these kind of issues. I posted a bunch on this in this thread (#12) but your question wasn't covered. I spent an inordinate amount of time researching pings and effect of removing battery late last year so info is from the research.

The pinging and controlling tower thing is a standard as a tower can interoperate with multiple carriers. The ping info contains a carrier ID and the ID of the phone, and the carrier ID as I understand it is used by the tower to determine whether it accepts the packet, not rebroadcast and send on further away as IP networks do for something not theirs.

Each carrier might handle some aspects differently back at network centers but it seems the whole thing is pretty standard industry communications protocol. I imagine contact retention criteria is determined by carrier. I was very pleased to see that there was some significant ping data following Jennifer's call. I operated on assumption all these years that there was no ping data. To have it and it have no effect on the investigation all these years is pretty amazing.

when someone knocked on the door jennifer was talking on the phone so how did she know it was the neighbor living upstairs ?
If it was
wouldn't she opened the door for a neighbor ?

That is my question too. In my mind, whoever was at that door was the person who killed her. MOO

This scenario has her day going as normal (assuming the lack of call to rob was because she would call once on the road) until she leaves the flat? But the landscape gardeners did not see her or her car? So she must have left very early , for a reason?
The landscaper/gardeners were kind of sketchy as witnesses.

Still, though, to the best of my knowledge they never did find anyone who could confirm seeing her car in its spot that morning. They checked the toll both that she would normally pass through on her way to work and there was nothing for that morning.

They did get video from a 7-Eleven and a Walgreens--but nothing. Mostly the camera's were aimed at their own parking lots and not the street, though.

Also, the gas mileage points to the car hardly being driven. (I know, someone could have added gas.)

I'm probably missing some points, but I get the impression even LE doesn't believe Jenn ever reached her car that morning.

hi wpaylor, I'm nearing (very nearing) retirement myself but I did a lot of searching on this topic over the years because a few cases I've posted on has had these kind of issues. I posted a bunch on this in this thread (#12) but your question wasn't covered. I spent an inordinate amount of time researching pings and effect of removing battery late last year so info is from the research.

The pinging and controlling tower thing is a standard as a tower can interoperate with multiple carriers. The ping info contains a carrier ID and the ID of the phone, and the carrier ID as I understand it is used by the tower to determine whether it accepts the packet, not rebroadcast and send on further away as IP networks do for something not theirs.

Each carrier might handle some aspects differently back at network centers but it seems the whole thing is pretty standard industry communications protocol. I imagine contact retention criteria is determined by carrier. I was very pleased to see that there was some significant ping data following Jennifer's call. I operated on assumption all these years that there was no ping data. To have it and it have no effect on the investigation all these years is pretty amazing.
Thank you so much, awesome info!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have thought about whether Jennifer might have received a phone call on her cell from a co-worker asking her to arrive early for some compelling reason which was maybe meant for her harm. For that reason, the cellphone battery would have been removed to prevent that call from ever being detected.
He'd be a silly guy to believe that.

If he became an official suspect--with a name, face and proper body--they would simply subpoena his records from the cell phone provider.

It's all stored.

Usually people disable cell phones because they reveal their location via tower pings.

I'm going through the podcasts now. The 10:40 PM power off of both phones is a myth. The friend's phone's battery went dead over the weekend and Jennifer's mother said LE never told her that Jennifer's phone went dead the night before. Her mother says this early on the podcast. So we really don't know when her phone went dead.

#1, Drew Kesse posted very specific info to the contrary. Drew got that information from somewhere, and had enough regard for it to quote it carefully. It may be true that LE didn't tell Mrs. Kesse that. That doesn't quite negate what Drew posted.

#2, how is it known that Travis phone battery went dead over the weekend. For starters, "over the weekend" includes when Travis was there. Dead Monday evening would first actual opportunity to find it was dead. Did that actually happen, specifically how did that happen and get conveyed to someone?

thanks for info, not first time this has been posted that she said that, but everytime is an opportunity to get some actual specifics.

If you read back through some of the threads here at Websleuths, you will find we have entered into many discussions on your points.

I saw earlier that you linked the main podcast page for Unconcluded. I'd recommend the episode "Going Forward".

Thanks for the heads up rd_jfc.

I know no more than anyone else and simply use my own logic based on numerous abductions, homicides and cold cases I have looked at over many years.

I must admit I have swung back and forth like a pendulum between what I consider the two main possibilities in this mystery.
But back to the matter at hand.

That Monday had to be a tiring one for Jennifer. She had driven back to her workplace from Fort Lauderdale and then put in a full day at work.
From what I gather her job was a responsible one and with responsibility there is usually pressure.

Even at only 24 years of age she must have been ready for sleep by 10pm.

So what on earth could have lured her out of her condo at that hour? More so when not far down the road it was not deemed not to be a safe neighbourhood.
Is this what a security conscious person would do?

The above indicates she slept that night and things went bad the next morning. JMHO.
Good points, but what if someone forced her out?

I know that is a little far fetched. But what if whoever knocked on her door came back with a set of keys? Maybe he had a stun gun or something, then he just picked her up and carried her across the hall. Once there, he could have tied her hands and feet and gagged her. (I don't want to get to graphic. You probably get where I'm going.)

I won't pretend to know as much about the case as you do, but I have to disagree on that one point. I believe she was abducted that night, not the next morning.

I think that one of the main reasons why this case hasn't been solved is that LE screwed the pooch by bungling the timeline early on.
BBM--that's such a great line.

I'm an evening theorist, too. I have been for quite awhile, now. I like the debate, though.

And really, I'm not sure either side has enough to totally support their case 100%.

I can't think of a reason, either. Unless I consider that she may not have been telling the truth.

And like I said yesterday (I think)--in my heart of hearts I don't believe that.

During my searches for something else, I did come across the link where it is mention Jenn was possibly in bed:

Jenn's boyfriend--Snipped Quote: Nothing out of the ordinary. I`ve known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/07/ng.01.html

A couple of comments on this, Truth. He says they talked briefly and I expect that is the most accurate statement we would get on it. There is probably a long distance record that has exact duration on it but that is close enough. I expect briefly to be about 5 minutes or less. This says they had already talked that evening. This was essentially a good night call. Whether immediately followed by yawning and going to sleep alleged ping data has something to say about that.

Secondly, this is from an original interview. This is where I saw (and I believe I have it filed away somewhere) his statement "every morning before, when she wakes up".

I expected that meant earlier than going to work, and that lack of a call from her and lack of answering the phone indicated she wasn't there. To me this was very significant. In addition to no postive indications of her being there that morning, you have this very substantial information that she wasn't there to place or take a call they had every morning.

But it got sidelined into a she called him on in car on way to work, and of course she didn't make it to work. I tried hard to get a confirmation that no calls normally took place earlier and that it was unexpected for Jennifer not to place a call earlier, or whether Rob tried earlier and no answer.

If that's the facts, then so be it, although I was hoping for harder clarification than the next to nothing that's been said, and it would have to be said by her bf.

"every morning before, when she wakes up" doesn't sound like when she starts driving to work a couple of hours after waking up. But if it is, and there was zero anticipation of getting or placing a call prior to driving to work, then I'll consider his statement clarified.

Until then, it's a big question and indicates to me she wasn't there early to participate as their usual routine.

I believe what you read was pure conjecture and shame on the conjecturer for muddying up the water.

I have seen many conjectures that the battery of the other cell phone went dead. That was a flat out WAG made moot by the info given to Kesse. The info was that both phones were disabled around 10:40 pm, not, and I direct this to the source of this stuff, there was something going on with Jennifer's phone and the other phone must have been dead.

Also, there is no such thing as a ping pattern indicating a battery went dead. There could be a cessation of pings, but that happens when phone is turned off. There could be something that the phone sends when battery level reaches a low threshold but I doubt it. That would just use up precious remaining power that might be needed for an emergency, like maybe why the battery has not been recharged. Also there is no such thing as knowing how much power is needed to make one last contact, it depends on close the tower is.

All in all, the source, and I'm sure it wasn't here on WS, is full of crap.

but thanks for making us aware of what's going on with some of these conjectures.
BBM - I don't think we are allowed to bring stuff here from over there. Not even wrapped in our own words.

We should PM a mod if we have any questions.

Just saying, folks.

I won't pretend to know as much about the case as you do, but I have to disagree on that one point. I believe she was abducted that night, not the next morning.

I think that one of the main reasons why this case hasn't been solved is that LE screwed the pooch by bungling the timeline early on.

You are spot on. I believe the killer was the person who knocked on her door that night. If he's a foreigner (lots of them there ), he'll never be found. Sad as that is. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay