FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If workmen were staying overnight in empty flats , someone could have heard / saw her , if she went down to her car at night ?

Emphasis is on the overnight from work. That requires the Post Office in 2006 to either have pickups like FedEx and UPS do or to have the wherewithall to know that Post Office pickup would sort and route overnight packages quicker than other mail.

It also would require being able to determine what postsage was required for this overnight delivery, how to obtain it and apply it at work.

I didn't have that wherewithall in 2006 and earlier. I am aware of the emphasis that Post Office has put on competitive services in recent years, I am aware of more online interaction being available, but I don't know how how I would have known if possible and what would be required in 2006 and I don't know how Jennifer would have known any more about it.

My criteria is, did Jennifer overnight anything before and how did she do it? Did she mail stuff home and have a feel for how quickly that was handled, how much postage was required, how she obtained it and applied it, and possibly performed same action with knowledge Post Office would have it there "in a day or two".

We're still left with the indication that Jennifer was overpowered within minutes after saying good night to her boy friend and the two phones, her wallet, and keys went with her. The only thing different about the day she disappeared is that she had a phone left in her condo that she needed to get back to owner in a day or two. She routinely travelled from S. Florida back to Orlando after a weekend, as often as every other week, so that was not different.

The two phones disabled together so soon after her last phone call, with pings indicating movement, is a swift non-intrusive extrication in her own car that somehow brought both phones along that were systematically found and disabled as soon as away from the scene of abduction, or a random assault of a woman who had left her home with both phones with a systematic search and disablement of those phones in her car.

The abductor acted like an experienced abductor in either case.

Alot of people use the flat rate postage for overnighting. If you don't use flat rate, you enter the weight of the package and the website will tell you the postage. The post office would definitely be at her work to pick up mail since it wasn't a postal holiday, and yes they had the logistics to overnight packages that were picked up back then. Jennifer was around my age and most people my age are very tech savvy so I think it was something she would know how to do. Her parents also thought she would overnight it from work and they would know her habits.

I definitely lean towards a night time abduction but the shipping phone seems to be a red herring to me. I would love to know if she ever had people over after she talked to her boyfriend or if she ever went out for food or anything like that. She could have just forgot something in her car. It also wouldn't suprise me if someone had a key to her place with all the security issues her apartments had.

Alot of people use the flat rate postage for overnighting. If you don't use flat rate, you enter the weight of the package and the website will tell you the postage. The post office would definitely be at her work to pick up mail since it wasn't a postal holiday, and yes they had the logistics to overnight packages that were picked up back then. Jennifer was around my age and most people my age are very tech savvy so I think it was something she would know how to do. Her parents also thought she would overnight it from work and they would know her habits.

I definitely lean towards a night time abduction but the shipping phone seems to be a red herring to me. I would love to know if she ever had people over after she talked to her boyfriend or if she ever went out for food or anything like that. She could have just forgot something in her car. It also wouldn't suprise me if someone had a key to her place with all the security issues her apartments had.

Thanks for the additional information. How in 2006 did you indicate your mail package was to be overnighted? How was the postage obtained and applied? Did Jennifer ever do this before (her family would know)?

I just went to USPS website. You would have to create an account, do whatever you have to do to set up this shipment, and then schedule a package pickup. No matter the tech savvy, does not sound doable to me as a same day process, versus dropping off at FedEx or UPS which is the only thing I had ever heard of for overnighting back in those days.

Regarding a key to her door, that doesn't take into account that she would have her deadbolt set and if I read here right routinely set a chair under the doorknob.

Especially when you're complaining to family about the maintenance workers.

Thanks for the additional information. How in 2006 did you indicate your mail package was to be overnighted? How was the postage obtained and applied? Did Jennifer ever do this before (her family would know)?

I just went to USPS website. You would have to create ang account, do whatever you have to do to set up this shipment, and then schedule a package pickup. No matter the tech savvy, does not sound doable to me as a same day process, versus dropping off at FedEx or UPS which is the only thing I had ever heard of for overnighting back in those days.

Regarding a key to her door, that doesn't take into account that she would have her deadbolt set and if I read here right routinely set a chair under the doorknob.

Especially when you're complaining to family about the maintenance workers.
With ups, fed ex, or Usps the service you receive depends on the label you buy. Setting up an online account is very easy. It's basically like setting up a shopping account at an online store and take minutes. To create a label, you enter the addresses into a form and select the shipment option you want. They give you choices and you decide how fast you want it there. You can print the label and attach it with tape to the package. It's not that complicated. Since this package would be so small she could have put it with the outgoing mail. Her family didn't think overnighting it was a big deal to her and assumed she was going to do it from work. Only reason you'd need to schedule a pickup is if the package wouldn't fit with your outgoing mail and the mail carrier need to look for it. I know with most companies there is some type of receptionist or secretary that deals with delivery people so you could just tell them to make sure the correct delivery person received it.

Was the deadbolt always locked or just when she was inside the apt?

With ups, fed ex, or Usps the service you receive depends on the label you buy. Setting up an online account is very easy. It's basically like setting up a shopping account at an online store and take minutes. To create a label, you enter the addresses into a form and select the shipment option you want. They give you choices and you decide how fast you want it there. You can print the label and attach it with tape to the package. It's not that complicated. Since this package would be so small she could have put it with the outgoing mail. Her family didn't think overnighting it was a big deal to her and assumed she was going to do it from work. Only reason you'd need to schedule a pickup is if the package wouldn't fit with your outgoing mail and the mail carrier need to look for it. I know with most companies there is some type of receptionist or secretary that deals with delivery people so you could just tell them to make sure the correct delivery person received it.

Was the deadbolt always locked or just when she was inside the apt?

Thanks for the info, flgrl. That does sound like an option she might have planned on.

The deadbolt only close from the inside. Keys don't impact it.

Replied on: 8:03am 10-13-2010
The DVD player is no mystery. Her boyfriend had just given it to her for her bedroom. He did not use it, so he gave it to her. The fact that it was not taken gives us the notion that Jennifer was not just met that day with a robber wanting her things, she was met by someone who wanted her!
http://jenniferkesse.123guestbook.com/?page=88

14u9rph.jpg

@ about 12:40 minutes in:
When the family arrives, they enter Jennifer’s condo and nothing appears out of place.

Mrs. Kesse: We are greeted by her suitcase from her trip which she didn’t unpack. Kitchen—immaculate, no dirty dishes in the sink.

Mr. Kesse: Took a look around at everything, and everything was pretty much untouched except for her bedroom. She had slept in the bed; a couple of outfits laid out; bathroom towel was still damp.

Mrs. Kesse: That would make sense because we got there at 3:30. Jenn usually left for work between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning.

https://youtu.be/fdKm_mYUFaA

@ about 34:30 minutes in:
Inside Jennifer’s car—more frustration for investigators and her family. There was no sign of a struggle, no blood; no identifiable fingerprints except for Jennifer’s.

But there was one item found that bothered detectives.

Host: A DVD player was inside the car.

Detective: Yeah. In the backseat.

Host: It hadn’t been stolen?

Detective: No.

Host: What does that tell you?

Detective: It didn’t appear that it was a robbery; it didn’t appear that it was a car theft; it didn’t appear that it was a carjacking.

Host: Does that tell you that whoever did this crime was not interested in that, but rather interested in Jennifer?

Detective: Right.

https://youtu.be/dw-YYReOePk

I searched for something to provide details showing the pictures of the interior of Jennifer's car are authentic and not some sort of re-enactment. All I could find was the following, but, unfortunately, the MSM links do not work at this point 12 years later. I snipped the quotes as I believe it would still be against W/S copyright rules to post the articles in their entirety. I do have access to the complete articles.

At least I have made an effort to provide supporting links.

Snipped quote: ... After four weeks, the media was allowed to see inside Kesse's car for the first time. The Orlando Police Department said they believe Jennifer was near or in her car when she was abducted. ...
http://www.wesh.com/news/7364173/detail.html

Snipped quote: ... Yesterday, Kesse's parents unveiled new photos of her car which was found abandoned last week just a couple of miles away.

Jennifer’s father Drew Kesse said, "You've not seen this before. You've seen it on a tow truck. Please take a good look at it. And don't be afraid, stand up, be a great citizen. If you know anything about this situation, a person around it, person in it, a car next to it, a building behind it you might recognize, that yeah I saw something. We are desperate at this point, please give a call."
http://cfn13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=12976

hi Truth, I followed your link to the guestbook, read around that date some, nothing further on the DVD player. I did a search and must have found dozens of references of Jennifer Kesse DVD player strapped into backseat, followed by wasn't a robbery.

None of them indicate, and this is why I haven't known since day one, that the DVD player was just being transported from one location to another. It's probably implied by DVD player (big) strapped by car seat in back seat. I just never realized it was an accessory for playing DVD's on a TV that we're all familiar with.

Thanks for all that info, Truth.

I don't think jennifer would take the second phone to the car. If she went to the car to take the dvd she would only take her phone for safety.

The perp had to know she had 2 phones or she had the phones together If they both went dead at the same time.

Also since there isn't any sign of a struggle do y'all think that Jennifer was ever in the car after she was abducted or was it moved for staging. I don't know what to think. Did they ever test the mud on the car? Did the search dogs trace the perp's scent from the car back to the condo? Sorry for all the questions.

The DVD player is no mystery. Her boyfriend had just given it to her for her bedroom. He did not use it, so he gave it to her. The fact that it was not taken gives us the notion that Jennifer was not just met that day with a robber wanting her things, she was met by someone who wanted her!

14u9rph.jpg

When the family arrives, they enter Jennifer’s condo and nothing appears out of place.

Mrs. Kesse: We are greeted by her suitcase from her trip which she didn’t unpack. Kitchen—immaculate, no dirty dishes in the sink.

Mr. Kesse: Took a look around at everything, and everything was pretty much untouched except for her bedroom. She had slept in the bed; a couple of outfits laid out; bathroom towel was still damp.

Mrs. Kesse: That would make sense because we got there at 3:30. Jenn usually left for work between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning.

Inside Jennifer’s car—more frustration for investigators and her family. There was no sign of a struggle, no blood; no identifiable fingerprints except for Jennifer’s.

Detective: It didn’t appear that it was a robbery; it didn’t appear that it was a car theft; it didn’t appear that it was a carjacking.

Host: Does that tell you that whoever did this crime was not interested in that, but rather interested in Jennifer?

14u9rph.jpg

Thanks for the YouTube link Truth , haven’t been aware of it , currently viewing it.

Re the ball jammed behind her seat , how would that happen? Someone moved her seat back , either to drive, get in / out or simply as a red herring. But its like it stuck there purposely, after the seat movement?

Thanks for the YouTube link Truth , haven’t been aware of it , currently viewing it.

Re the ball jammed behind her seat , how would that happen? Someone moved her seat back , either to drive, get in / out or simply as a red herring. But its like it stuck there purposely, after the seat movement?

Could have been done on purpose by her. Balls will roll around and can be very annoying. I have a boy and he does this to me a lot. What type of ball is that anyways?

Could have been done on purpose by her. Balls will roll around and can be very annoying. I have a boy and he does this to me a lot. What type of ball is that anyways?
I am going with anti-burst yoga ball jmo Her birthday was in May . Interesting.

I think either she would put Travis phone in her purse or briefcase,whatever she take to work, OR near her keys.If the keys are on a shelf,kitchen counter or hang up on a key hook by the door ,when she grab them in the morning ,she will not forget the phone .

The perp had to know she had 2 phones or she had the phones together If they both went dead at the same time.

Also since there isn't any sign of a struggle do y'all think that Jennifer was ever in the car after she was abducted or was it moved for staging. I don't know what to think. Did they ever test the mud on the car? Did the search dogs trace the perp's scent from the car back to the condo? Sorry for all the questions.
Your first question is the million dollar one. I think that they wanted to blame the HOTG and it's occupants. moo . At least one dog went to the back steps of Jennifer's building and stopped.

But the seat was pushed further back than she would have it ? Dunno probably nothing.

I don't think jennifer would take the second phone to the car. If she went to the car to take the dvd she would only take her phone for safety.

I think either she would put Travis phone in her purse or briefcase,whatever she take to work, OR near her keys.If the keys are on a shelf,kitchen counter or hang up on a key hook by the door ,when she grab them in the morning ,she will not forget the phone .
I agree. I guess I just try out different theories as to how both phones would have been with Jennifer at the time of her abduction.

I'm pretty firm on believing in an evening abduction.

If the perp somehow took her from her condo, there would have been no need to bother with either phone. Leaving them both untouched inside her empty condo would have been the smart thing to do. He would not have had to worry about touching them, destroying them, disposing of them--not to mention their clever ability to ping their locations.

So, regardless of how unfathomable the following is to me personally, Jennifer would have had to take both phones with her as she locked her condo door and headed somewhere after 10 o'clock at night.

Whether alone or already accompanied by the perpetrator.

I'm not sure, either. Maybe it was actually setting on the car floor just behind the driver's seat and when he pushed it back it wedged it in like that?

What really bothers me is how clean everything looks. Law enforcement must have dusted everything for prints, do you think? I've never heard them known for cleaning up the mess that makes. Unless they vacuumed after they dusted for prints--I guess I really don't know how that works.

I'll add the quote from that old MSM article I have of Mr. Kesse describing the car after they got it back. (Sorry the link doesn't work anymore).

Another thing I find unusual is that there are no pictures of the interior of the trunk. And where they apparently left a fair amount of contents inside the seating area of Jenn's vehicle--they kept everything that was in the trunk.

I note they have never said where they found the partial print nor the tiny fiber containing an incomplete DNA profile. Do you ever think these might have come from the trunk?

Snipped quote: "Something happened there and that's my daughter, a living being, and she was taken from that car," Jennifer's father, Drew Kesse, said.

He said, even with the splashes of processing fluid used to check for evidence, his daughter Jennifer's car is cleaner than she ever kept it. Detectives likely have most of the items of clutter that used to be there, hoping for clues.

"I'm sure they took everything they possibly could out of it and I hope they pulled something off of something in that car to give them a direction," Drew Kesse said.

Fingerprint dust lines the steering wheel, gear shift, door handles and anything else a suspect might have touched. The seats and floors were likely vacuumed to collect hairs and fibers. Soil tests could show where the mud caked on the bottom of the car came from.

"It's just logical thinking of the technology they have nowadays that they have to have something within the car," Drew Kesse said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/7162648/detail.html

Your first question is the million dollar one. I think that they wanted to blame the HOTG and it's occupants. moo . At least one dog went to the back steps of Jennifer's building and stopped.
BBM - Interesting. That would be another peek at the evil within.

I think it was Bo, the law enforcement hound dog. I don't know much about it, but apparently hound dogs don't always track the most recent path. They can smell our skin cells and stuff that we all constantly shed and that stuff can stay around for awhile.

I used Google maps for the screen shot below and added the text boxes to show various points of interest. (I added this to a thread before, so my apologies for the repeat).

To mark the broken fence Bo was said to track to, I used the picture that is around the internet of it and zoomed in on the Google map to locate the spot; so, there is no guarantee it is exact.

But, I can't see the POI taking this route at high noon--evidence of stalking, maybe?

suubmh.jpg

BBM - Interesting. That would be another peek at the evil within.

I think it was Bo, the law enforcement hound dog. I don't know much about it, but apparently hound dogs don't always track the most recent path. They can smell our skin cells and stuff that we all constantly shed and that stuff can stay around for awhile.

I used Google maps for the screen shot below and added the text boxes to show various points of interest. (I added this to a thread before, so my apologies for the repeat).

To mark the broken fence Bo was said to track to, I used the picture that is around the internet of it and zoomed in on the Google map to locate the spot; so, there is no guarantee it is exact.

But, I can't see the POI taking this route at high noon--evidence of stalking, maybe?

cache.php
Why walk anywhere ? Security seemed to be a joke and the gate was left open for the workers . Just drive up and park like the Kesse's did that day. I just don't think he did this solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member