GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's possible that the wife was kind of kept out of the loop, and he would would tell her that he was just going to visit/help friends, and that he liked to do this sort of thing once per month.

BUT... I think it's way more likely that she knew he was going up there once per month to make a little extra money for the family. She probably wasn't involved, might not have known the names of the people or anything like that, but she probably knew he was running some pills up to Maine on these little road trips.

I am behind in the reading of this thread...but has Jerry's house been searched?
If not, why not?
JMO

Excellent question!!

A lot of clues could be in that house? More contacts? Prescription slips?

In the grand scheme of things, no matter what he was doing, he needs to be found and maybe that is what LE is focusing on?

However, they should be very concerned if a firefighter was obtaining and selling illegal prescription drugs? There should be a seperate investigation on that. I have a feeling that Jerry was just a small piece of a larger problem.

I hate to say it, but it could very well be that they don't even want to investigate the pill issue any further? For their "own" reasons?

For those wondering where is Kathy, here she is!

"WFTV reporter Kathi Belich spoke with a body language expert who watched the news conference held by Perdomo's wife, Tonya."

"Body language expert, Susan Constantine, said Tonya seems to be hiding something, and looks anything but devastated."

A lot more at:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/body-language-expert-missing-firefighters-wife/nK6wK/
Wow! Very interesting analysis of expressions, body language of TP!
No sadness?
So sad!

Excellent question!!

A lot of clues could be in that house? More contacts? Prescription slips?

In the grand scheme of things, no matter what he was doing, he needs to be found and maybe that is what LE is focusing on?

However, they should be very concerned if a firefighter was obtaining and selling illegal prescription drugs? There should be a seperate investigation on that. I have a feeling that Jerry was just a small piece of a larger problem.

I hate to say it, but it could very well be that they don't even want to investigate the pill issue any further? For their "own" reasons?

I think the issue with the pills is moot for two reasons, he had a prescription for them, and he's likely dead now.

I think the issue with the pills is moot for two reasons, he had a prescription for them, and he's likely dead now.

I agree w/ the last part, that he's likely dead.

I don't agree that the pill issue is moot. If he was illegally dealing prescription drugs, it definitely should be investigated- most importantly to prevent future victims. If he was dealing, this is probably a big factor why he's gone.

Also, as Lola says, his involvement could be a small part of a much larger problem that could potentially have many victims.

Most of these articles are reiterating the same information from previous articles:

Day 12 In Search For Missing Florida Firefighter Jerry Perdomo
http://www.wabi.tv/news/28011/day-12-in-search-for-missing-florida-firefighter-jerry-perdomo

Maine State Police Investigators are now calling Daniel Porter a person of interest in the case.
Perdomo's brother in law Chris Lerch and fellow Seminole County Fire Fighter Troy Todak came to town Saturday.
Monday his wife, Tonya, recounted their last phone conversation from Thursday the 16th.
Three impounded cars are being checked out by the state police crime lab, and the investigation continues into what happened to Jerry Perdomo.
Lt. Christopher Coleman of the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit Northern Division. "We do believe foul play was involved in his disappearance but I'm not going to speculate if he's alive or dead at this point."
"By all means if the public has information they've seen him recently or at any given time, call that number and report what you've seen or what you might know," said his fellow fire fighter in Seminole County Troy Todak. "They're still treating this as he's missing and we're going to continue to treat it as he's missing until we're told otherwise."

Has missing firefighter been murdered? Police name person of interest after father vanished while 'visiting friend 1,500 miles away'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Porter-person-disappearance-firefighter.html

Police spent the weekend searching the rural home, owned by the father of Daniel Porter, 24, whose girlfriend is 25-year-old Cheyanne Nowak.

Person of interest named in Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo's disappearance
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...unty-firefighter-jerry-perdomos-disappearance

A person of interest has been named in the case of missing Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo. Police in Maine have named Daniel Porter, 24, as a person of interest in Perdomo's disapperance.

Person of interest named in firefighter's disappearance (and snippets from Jerry's wife's press conference)
http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...ters-wife-to-speak-today-after-new-leads.html

Clues in the missing case of Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo have led Maine State Police to a person of interest.

Police: Bangor Man "Person of Interest" in Case of Missing Florida Man
http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/20561/Default.aspx

"Our goal remains to locate Jerry Perdomo," says State Police Lt. Chris Coleman, who's overseeing the investigation, and is in charge of the major crime unit in northern Maine. "The items taken from the house are being analyzed at the state crime lab in Augusta. And the work being done at the lab will hopefully give us the answers to some of our questions."

Cop to WFTV: "Leave!" as reporter questions person of interest in missing firefighter case
Posted: 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012

Both Daniel porter and his father were at the house with the state police today when reporter tried to question them.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/police-may-conduct-more-searches-missing-firefight/nK7Lr/

Does anybody understand this quote from the article: ""He's family, he's family to them. He's family to us," said Perdomo's brother-in-law, Chris Lerch."

Is "he" Daniel Porter?

Cop to WFTV: "Leave!" as reporter questions person of interest in missing firefighter case
Posted: 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012

Both Daniel porter and his father were at the house with the state police today when reporter tried to question them.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/police-may-conduct-more-searches-missing-firefight/nK7Lr/

"He's family, he's family to them. He's family to us," said Perdomo's brother-in-law, Chris Lerch."

This statement from the link confuses me - who is family? Porter (the only POI now)? The sentences before this are talking about searching Porter's house.

Does anybody understand this quote from the article: ""He's family, he's family to them. He's family to us," said Perdomo's brother-in-law, Chris Lerch."

Is "he" Daniel Porter?

Next sentance said:

"Lerch, along with Seminole County firefighters have papered the area with fliers"

So I think he is talking about Jerry being family to both his family and the firefighters.

From this link:
"At about 2:45 p.m. a black truck with a snowmobile in the bed pulled into the driveway, driven by a Maine Game Warden. The truck was accompanied by a Maine State Police cruiser"

Looks like the state police are still investigating but I am somewhat confused. Looks like state police are at the house but from the video at the WFTV site you can see Porter's father carrying an open 12 pack of beer inside and then there is a still shot also on WFTV of what looks like Daniel standing outside with a beer in his hand. This is while LE is still there.

Would LE let them be drinking if the Porters were there as part of the investigation?

Is "he" Daniel Porter?

I am guessing Lerch is referring to JP as being "family" to the fire fighters, and he is family, by blood and marriage, to Lerch and the rest of JD's relatives.

JMO

From this link:
"At about 2:45 p.m. a black truck with a snowmobile in the bed pulled into the driveway, driven by a Maine Game Warden. The truck was accompanied by a Maine State Police cruiser"

Looks like the state police are still investigating but I am somewhat confused. Looks like state police are at the house but from the video at the WFTV site you can see Porter's father carrying an open 12 pack of beer inside and then there is a still shot also on WFTV of what looks like Daniel standing outside with a beer in his hand. This is while LE is still there.

Would LE let them be drinking if the Porters were there as part of the investigation?

I don't know how LE could stop them from drinking. Nobody's been arrested.

Just some thoughts on what little we know thus far.. I am in no way whatsoever stating this as fact, but rather it is MOO :cow: .. Again just to be clear MOO based on the very little that has been reported and/or what I've been able to dig thru and find on google..

At this time I am leaning toward that it's quite likely that Jerry was indeed taking the monthly trip to Maine for money endeavors that yes, if that is true would include his selling prescription meds IMO.. I believe that this is exactly why he went to the home of Porter's father where he was to do business with Porter and Nowak.. IMO this was who his connection was in Maine that he was supplying the pills for his receiving a nice, quick profit likely including atleast some or all of his time, effort, and travel from FLorida to Maine..

I'll again reiterate that this is MOO :cow:.. IMO I believe from what little I know that Jerry was an all around good guy, good man and IMO if anything his being a good guy, not a hard core, street smart, drug dealer left him a perfect vulnerable target for a not so good person to totally take advantage of.. This prescription pill black market has exploded and literally has people from every walk of life involved in it.. You combine a bottomed out economy where the middle class, hard working, family man is working himself to death yet still scraping to get by with the bills that seem to just never stop coming.. They look around and see aquaintances, possibly even relatives or in-laws that are not living the type life that he is, not even worried about paying their debt like he does, and maybe have a little side business that he sees them just raking in the cash and getting to live a lifestyle that he and his family should be able to live with his being a hard working man working his fingers to the bone.. I know people exactly like this situation I'm detailing that truly are good people but for whatever reasons made choices like deciding to do a little business on the side for extra money thinking what is the harm?? .. Of course as we all see the harm, damage, and destruction is so wide sweeping and devastating to many lives, not to even mention that it is illegal and carries all kinds of consequences in that vein as well..

Of course I don't know this man or his personal situation I am only attempting to give some possibilities as far as the back story for how this entire situation came to be and I've done so using what little that we know combined with what I've seen personally happen in my lifetime to others around me that IMO I see could quite be similar to Jerry..

Regardless of the why he chose to go down this path of selling prescription drugs as a money endeavor I do believe that he was very likely naive to the evil, dark world that consumes this lifestyle involved in dealing drugs.. And I think Porter and Nowak immediately recognized this guy as pretty naive, not very street smart, middle class family man truly attempting to make an extra buck.. Not to mention he was from nowhere even near the are of ME, therefor totally out of his element or comfort zone so to speak with not truly knowing many people up there, not familiar with the area at all.. IMO all of these things made him an extremely vulnerable target.. A target that on February 16 Porter and Nowak had decided that they were going to take advantage of.. With what we know at this point to what extent that taking advantage was I do not know.. Was it just to screw the naive guy over drug and money wise and he reacted with much more aggression than they had anticipated(it's been stated he carried a gun in his vehicle).. And it escalated from there resulting in his death.. Or was it even more sinister as in Porter and Nowak possibly in a drug fueled haze had zero regard for human life and thought they'd take the drugs, not pay him, and kill him so as to not cause them further problems(yea I know crazy right? Well crazy is exactly how these ppl think in a drug fueled haze)..
Nonetheless IMO I believe it's likely the murder was NOT premeditated, but rather more like the first example I described where their attempting to rip him off escalated into him being murdered.. Again that's just going on what very little we know.. That could definitely change as new info/details come to light..

Lastly, as far as "Lisa" goes.. Well.. I am very much still torn on whether I believe that she is what she says and *appears* to be, which is a long distance mistress of 10mos that he comes to Bangor once a month to carry on a sexual affair.. While I can see this could possibly be nothing more than just that he met "Lisa" while in Bangor for one of his monthly drug runs, they hit off and began an affair that he has been able to conveniently carry on to perfectly coincide with his monthly drug run to Maine from Florida.. As I said possible, yes.. But are we to believe that she, too was totally in the dark as to what her long distance lover was brought to the Bangor, Maine area EVERY SINGLE MONTH to do?? I find that a difficult pill to swallow that she did not know the reason for Jerry's monthly trip was for drugs.. And because I find that to be hard to believe I feel it's much more likely that at the very bare minimum she knew what his trips were for, selling pills.. So, in just going with her knowing ONLY THAT and not knowing the details as in people he dealt the drugs with, but just that he dealt to someone unknown.. IMO that alone is more than enough that would have kept the majority of women from coming forward, to of all people, the out of town news media.. Not LE, but goes to news media knowing full well that he left to go do a drug deal and never returned, not to mention her lover that was posted all over the tvs was a married man with children.. Those IMO are some very real negatives and IMO would keep most from going and seeking out the media and telling them she's the mistress and the affair is why Jerry came to Maine once a month for the past 10mos.. Again is it possible that it's exactly as she says it is??.. Yes, but I can't help but look to see if it's possible that it's something beyond that.. Or even possible that it's not anything that she's stating(as in they were not having an affair) and instead she is motivated by involvement and is attempting to paint a picture that is meant to mislead away from the truth...

As in she for whatever reasons or level of involvement in Jerry's murder she has come out with details that lead away from drug dealing and attempt to point to Jerry NOT being in Maine every month for a drug run, but much different he was there once a month due to an affair.. Is that possible?? IMO yes, but at this point it has really no legs to stand on and again is nothing more than an opinion and n fact is just my looking at all the avenues here that could possibly be at play.. "LISA" at this time, for me is the most questionable character.. I could just be looking too deep into this when it is nothing more than it appears to be, an affair that was struck up coincidentally one of the times he was in town for his monthly drug run.. I just don't know yet, but am hoping that quite soon there will be something to break the case wide open, giving us a clearer picture of just what all was going on up there once a month.. As well as I pray for his innocent kids to have their daddy found so ATLEAST they will not be left to grow up just never knowing where he is? Is he dead? And if so, how and why???

Sorry so long winded :blushing:
And again this is all nothing more than MOO :cow:

Great post Smooth! You have posted along the lines of what I believe in this case. I think that Jerry was likely a great guy, but got caught up in a situation that was bad.

I have a bit of a spin - a theory - on the "Lisa" situation. Possibly Lisa really was a "friend" for all of this time. I wonder if Lisa was his contact, a person to find people/places for him to sell to, and she has indicated the they were "involved" to downplay her role in anything illegal. However, it is also possible that once he began the "running", he may have actually become intimately involved with Lisa.

In one article, it mentions that he had just met Nowak and Porter that night. I have read other articles that intimate that he knew them prior. I am not certain. However, I do agree that Porter and his father were a great deal "harder" than Jerry. I think Jerry may have turned to try to provide a nicer life for his little family; and he lost his life for this choice. So very sad!

While I appreciate people trying hard to imagine this guy as a 'good man' caught in a bad situation - it appears that he is a) a drug dealer and b) an adulterer.
IMHO a 'good man' is a man of character who does not even CONSIDER participation in either of the above activities.

Again - my thoughts only.

A professional firefighter married to a schoolteacher means a minimum household income of $80K+ with excellent benefits. No 'need' to sell drugs due to joblessness.

And the very idea of going to Maine monthly to 'visit'? Please.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back