GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most of these articles are reiterating the same information from previous articles:

Day 12 In Search For Missing Florida Firefighter Jerry Perdomo
http://www.wabi.tv/news/28011/day-12-in-search-for-missing-florida-firefighter-jerry-perdomo

Maine State Police Investigators are now calling Daniel Porter a person of interest in the case.
Perdomo's brother in law Chris Lerch and fellow Seminole County Fire Fighter Troy Todak came to town Saturday.
Monday his wife, Tonya, recounted their last phone conversation from Thursday the 16th.
Three impounded cars are being checked out by the state police crime lab, and the investigation continues into what happened to Jerry Perdomo.
Lt. Christopher Coleman of the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit Northern Division. "We do believe foul play was involved in his disappearance but I'm not going to speculate if he's alive or dead at this point."
"By all means if the public has information they've seen him recently or at any given time, call that number and report what you've seen or what you might know," said his fellow fire fighter in Seminole County Troy Todak. "They're still treating this as he's missing and we're going to continue to treat it as he's missing until we're told otherwise."

Has missing firefighter been murdered? Police name person of interest after father vanished while 'visiting friend 1,500 miles away'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Porter-person-disappearance-firefighter.html

Police spent the weekend searching the rural home, owned by the father of Daniel Porter, 24, whose girlfriend is 25-year-old Cheyanne Nowak.

Person of interest named in Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo's disappearance
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...unty-firefighter-jerry-perdomos-disappearance

A person of interest has been named in the case of missing Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo. Police in Maine have named Daniel Porter, 24, as a person of interest in Perdomo's disapperance.

Person of interest named in firefighter's disappearance (and snippets from Jerry's wife's press conference)
http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...ters-wife-to-speak-today-after-new-leads.html

Clues in the missing case of Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo have led Maine State Police to a person of interest.

Police: Bangor Man "Person of Interest" in Case of Missing Florida Man
http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/20561/Default.aspx

"Our goal remains to locate Jerry Perdomo," says State Police Lt. Chris Coleman, who's overseeing the investigation, and is in charge of the major crime unit in northern Maine. "The items taken from the house are being analyzed at the state crime lab in Augusta. And the work being done at the lab will hopefully give us the answers to some of our questions."

I think the issue with the pills is moot for two reasons, he had a prescription for them, and he's likely dead now.

Actually, if the motive was robbery (of the pills)... charges could be bumped up to 1st degree murder instead of 2nd degree murder even without having to prove premeditation. Any death caused while in the act of commiting a felony (robbery) is 1st degree murder.

It's hard to prove premeditation in a crime like this. They may not have planned on murdering him at all. IF the plan was to rob Jerry, which I believe is what happened, and the murder was not planned, in order to get a 1st degree murder conviction, they are going to have to establish intent. The intent would be robbery and would warrant a 1st degree murder charge.

I think it's pretty obvious that Jerry is deceased? There is no way, imo, that only one person was involved.

Who else was involved? Who helped set him up?

Just some thoughts on what little we know thus far.. I am in no way whatsoever stating this as fact, but rather it is MOO :cow: .. Again just to be clear MOO based on the very little that has been reported and/or what I've been able to dig thru and find on google..

<extremely snipped>
Regardless of the why he chose to go down this path of selling prescription drugs as a money endeavor I do believe that he was very likely naive to the evil, dark world that consumes this lifestyle involved in dealing drugs.. And I think Porter and Nowak immediately recognized this guy as pretty naive, not very street smart, middle class family man truly attempting to make an extra buck.. Not to mention he was from nowhere even near the are of ME, therefor totally out of his element or comfort zone so to speak with not truly knowing many people up there, not familiar with the area at all.. IMO all of these things made him an extremely vulnerable target.. A target that on February 16 Porter and Nowak had decided that they were going to take advantage of.. With what we know at this point to what extent that taking advantage was I do not know.. Was it just to screw the naive guy over drug and money wise and he reacted with much more aggression than they had anticipated(it's been stated he carried a gun in his vehicle).. And it escalated from there resulting in his death.. Or was it even more sinister as in Porter and Nowak possibly in a drug fueled haze had zero regard for human life and thought they'd take the drugs, not pay him, and kill him so as to not cause them further problems(yea I know crazy right? Well crazy is exactly how these ppl think in a drug fueled haze)..
Nonetheless IMO I believe it's likely the murder was NOT premeditated, but rather more like the first example I described where their attempting to rip him off escalated into him being murdered.. Again that's just going on what very little we know.. That could definitely change as new info/details come to light..
<extremely snipped>

Sorry so long winded :blushing:
And again this is all nothing more than MOO :cow:

Thanks for your thoughts Smooth Operator, what I find baffling is that what little I know of Porter (from reading his FB page) makes me think if he was involved in the drug business he probably got into it in much the same fashion as you postulate Perdomo might have. if anything Porter seems like he'd be even more naive than Perdomo due to his relative youth and inexperience in the world.

While I appreciate people trying hard to imagine this guy as a 'good man' caught in a bad situation - it appears that he is a) a drug dealer and b) an adulterer.
IMHO a 'good man' is a man of character who does not even CONSIDER participation in either of the above activities.

Again - my thoughts only.

A professional firefighter married to a schoolteacher means a minimum household income of $80K+ with excellent benefits. No 'need' to sell drugs due to joblessness.

And the very idea of going to Maine monthly to 'visit'? Please.

This! I don't know how many of you have actually seen how bad this prescription drug epidemic is, but it's horrific! People are dying! Young people!

IF Jerry was selling drugs, he is no different than any drug dealer you see on a street corner. He is not better simply because he is a firefighter. Same as the doctors who are getting busted for pill mills are no different than street dealers. It's a huge problem. Huge!

He carried a gun. He was street smart enough to do that. But...

Does it mean that Jerry should be dead right now? Absolutely not! I hope he can be found and I hope that whoever is responsible for his death is punished to the full extent of the law.

Great post Smooth! You have posted along the lines of what I believe in this case. I think that Jerry was likely a great guy, but got caught up in a situation that was bad.

I have a bit of a spin - a theory - on the "Lisa" situation. Possibly Lisa really was a "friend" for all of this time. I wonder if Lisa was his contact, a person to find people/places for him to sell to, and she has indicated the they were "involved" to downplay her role in anything illegal. However, it is also possible that once he began the "running", he may have actually become intimately involved with Lisa.

In one article, it mentions that he had just met Nowak and Porter that night. I have read other articles that intimate that he knew them prior. I am not certain. However, I do agree that Porter and his father were a great deal "harder" than Jerry. I think Jerry may have turned to try to provide a nicer life for his little family; and he lost his life for this choice. So very sad!

Most people would like a nicer life for their little families...selling prescription meds is not a valid way to get that, if that is what happened here. There can seldom be a good outcome, IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts Smooth Operator, what I find baffling is that what little I know of Porter (from reading his FB page) makes me think if he was involved in the drug business he probably got into it in much the same fashion as you postulate Perdomo might have. if anything Porter seems like he'd be even more naive than Perdomo due to his relative youth and inexperience in the world.

But then there is Porter's dad, who he lives w/. The dad does not seem naive or inexperienced & IMO involved.

As a cynical biatch, I'm wondering if the brother-in-law & the fellow firefighter, in addition to posting fliers, are up in ME to keep tabs on the investigation for their own sake (& hides).

As a cynical biatch, I'm wondering if the brother-in-law & the fellow firefighter, in addition to posting fliers, are up in ME to keep tabs on the investigation for their own sake (& hides).

Don't hide. I am right there with you. I think there are many more people involved in what was going on. There really should be a parallell (sp?) investigation going on. MOO

I may be catching some of your cynicism! As LolaMoon (I think) postulated earlier, it seems unlikely Perdomo was working solo (if he was running drugs). How did he find contacts in Maine in the first place?

Unfortunately, I could see these charges coming. The amount of evidence taken from the home, likely the blood evidence found. I am glad that LE worked quickly ti check the home.

HlN said there has been an arrest? Then they said something a body but I think it was a mistake?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...re-missing-florida-firefighter-was-last-seen/

"...After 3:30, the police...stopped and Ellis could be heard saying, “This isn’t it, I can tell you that right now. It’s too shallow.” Asked what they were looking for, Ellis responded that he couldn’t give any specifics. “We’re trying to figure out if truths are being told,” he said."

Later an arrest around 5pm for "murder." Sounds like they found a body, sadly. (Although, this article says they haven't... http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/28/3457914/maine-man-arrested-in-missing.html )

Tonya Perdomo acknowledged that her husband, whose rental car was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot Feb. 16, made the 1,600 mile trek from Florida to Maine to visit another woman.

"I knew that he had a friend, but he has female friends. I can't comment on the extent of their relationship because I don't know," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-florida-fireman-person-interest-named-foul-play/story?id=15805714

So his wife says she knew he was driving all that way to visit a woman, but doesn't know the extent of their relationship? That to me is just plain weird.

My take on her saying that she doesn't know the extent of the relationship is that she doesn't want to look like a moron to everyone by denying that it is possible that he could have been cheating on her. So many times women completely deny that their husband could have had a girlfriend and when their husband comes out to admit that he did, everyone talks badly about the wife because she denied it at first. :twocents:

From the Kansas City link, it is being called a drug-related murder.

Watch Porter claim self-defense (moo).

Investigators said they originally arrested Porter on drug-related charges. Even though Perdomo has not been found, Maine State Police said that they are classifying the case as a "drug-related homicide." They would not release any other information.

Officials said the two men did know each other and how they did will be spelled out in court paperwork.

Porter could appear in front of a judge as early as Wednesday.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ar...case/-/1637132/9143390/-/h6hanqz/-/index.html

While I appreciate people trying hard to imagine this guy as a 'good man' caught in a bad situation - it appears that he is a) a drug dealer and b) an adulterer.
IMHO a 'good man' is a man of character who does not even CONSIDER participation in either of the above activities.

Again - my thoughts only.

A professional firefighter married to a schoolteacher means a minimum household income of $80K+ with excellent benefits. No 'need' to sell drugs due to joblessness.

And the very idea of going to Maine monthly to 'visit'? Please.
I am not trying hard to imagine anything.. I clearly stated it was nothing more than a possibility.. NOT every family units situation fits nicely into a nice, neat box that a guesstimate round number of 80grand ensures they're financially covered and comfortable.. Imo thats just a huge, broad generalization..

of course "good" is a relative word with personal opinion being what each individual bases their use of the word and the person as to whom "good" is being used to describe.. Therefor to each their own.. Me, personally I believe that "good" people do make bad choices and just as I stated in my post I do know "good" people that have very much screwed up, and for some those screw ups caused devastating consequences for many of their loved ones.. That is something that the individual must deal with and live with for their poor choice they made.. "good" people make mistakes, poor choices, and bad decisions just like WE ALL DO.. AND i, personally do not know the factual events of this man and his life and dont find it to be my place to pass judgement on what type of a human being that he was.. I do know "good" people that haved effed up..again just like we all do throughout our lifetimes...

As far as believing he went for a visit, thats not something that I personally believe to be true in the least.. Tho, technically if it is to be true that he was having an affair(adultery) he definitely was in fact in Bangor, ME "visiting" his mistress of 10mos..:D... But with what little we know at this point its MOO that the main agenda for Jerry taking a monthly trip to Bangor was for money endeavors involving selling prescription pills..but only time will tell and for now its just personal opinion and speculation...

ETA:
And on a completely different note..
cocomod, your other possibility for our mystery *Lisa* as his contact/connection re:selling pills in Bangor, ME area and thus her motive for wanting to water down their connection to sexual partner(perfectly legal) vs drug dealing partner(illegal) would make alot of sense as well and something I'd not yet thought of..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back