GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been following the case pretty well, but remind me, who tipped off law enforcement of DP and CN? Originally, I thought it was the wife, but as time marched on, it seemed like she knew nothing of the "friend" he went to see.
The other oddity with his wife was that she went up to Maine to "find" him. I found that to be extremely strange when I heard it. Who does that? If she was so clueless, I don't think she would have done that.... She is definately holding back something.

Ugh I wish this wasn't about prescription drugs...it just makes me angry. I became disabled a few years ago finally, after a decade of chronic pain, and I endure endless humiliations at the pharmacy every month, just to get my two sparse refills of pain pills. And my insurance stopped covering the only ones that worked for me, due to their popularity on the illegal market...so my sympathy factor lessens in these types of cases. Of course I wish no one ended up being murdered over this, but I hate that there is a market for these drugs other than for which they were intended...:(

The illegal trade in presciption drugs has really taken off in Maine. It is up near the top of the list of states struggling with the violence that accompanies it. I know people who legitimately have presciptions, truly need them, dont abuse them, and they are terrified to go to the pharmacy..or to let anyone know what they take. Home invasions...looking to steal Oxy, Vicodin etc are on the rise. Up here, it is so sad the number of kids - young people - who are addicted. When they cant get the pills, they will go looking for street drug like heroin. There is a whole other problem...heroin is not like a "nice" little pill made by big pharma. It is not the same quality, dose etc everytime and overdoses happen.

I am rambling. I feel sorry for what any of them are caught up in. Didnt I read that Jerry was taking pain plls for a back problem? Perhaps he became addicted...needed or wanted more...this gets very expensive, and dealing is one solution chosen by too many. Perhaps the same is the case for the POI and his girlfriend.

sad :(

The illegal trade in presciption drugs has really taken off in Maine. It is up near the top of the list of states struggling with the violence that accompanies it. I know people who legitimately have presciptions, truly need them, dont abuse them, and they are terrified to go to the pharmacy..or to let anyone know what they take. Home invasions...looking to steal Oxy, Vicodin etc are on the rise. Up here, it is so sad the number of kids - young people - who are addicted. When they cant get the pills, they will go looking for street drug like heroin. There is a whole other problem...heroin is not like a "nice" little pill made by big pharma. It is not the same quality, dose etc everytime and overdoses happen.

I am rambling. I feel sorry for what any of them are caught up in. Didnt I read that Jerry was taking pain plls for a back problem? Perhaps he became addicted...needed or wanted more...this gets very expensive, and dealing is one solution chosen by too many. Perhaps the same is the case for the POI and his girlfriend.

The first documentary I saw about the illegal pills trade/robberies, etc. was about Maine and this was some years ago...they were among the first states known to have a huge problem, and the robberies, etc have been going on for years, people being followed home from pharmacies, etc.. Anyway, I am always careful to go to my pharmacy in the mid-morning, when it is fairly busy and never get mine via the drive-up as I would be afraid of being followed, even though we don't have a huge visible problem where I live.

Still, my husband works in a pretty big "plant" downtown here and he says that everyone seems to know how to get pain pills, if they need or want them. I would not have the first idea in the world how or where to go about it, if I could not get the ones I do get, legally.

The problem is, of course, that most of the people who are buying and selling these meds are not doing so for medicinal purposes on either side; instead, it is for profit, and for the "euphoria" which is addictive. JMO

The first documentary I saw about the illegal pills trade/robberies, etc. was about Maine and this was some years ago...they were among the first states known to have a huge problem, and the robberies, etc have been going on for years, people being followed home from pharmacies, etc.. Anyway, I am always careful to go to my pharmacy in the mid-morning, when it is fairly busy and never get mine via the drive-up as I would be afraid of being followed, even though we don't have a huge visible problem where I live.

Still, my husband works in a pretty big "plant" downtown here and he says that everyone seems to know how to get pain pills, if they need or want them. I would not have the first idea in the world how or where to go about it, if I could not get the ones I do get, legally.

The problem is, of course, that most of the people who are buying and selling these meds are not doing so for medicinal purposes on either side; instead, it is for profit, and for the "euphoria" which is addictive. JMO

True. Too many are kids who get the pills out of a family or friends medicine cabinet...or who try it at a party, all to get high, and then become addicted. Then, desperation can set in, and crimes committed.

so sad.

(I used to work in the ER, and know this scam well)

In our little town's paper, EVERY SINGLE DAY is a report of someone claiming their pain medication has been stolen. Or they come to the ER claiming their medication fell in the toilet / sink / bathtub and they need a replacement script.

But I gotta tell you - Vicodin is the most common pill in these schemes - how in the heck are these people not constipated into oblivion? Seriously.

When I view DP's pix on "MySpace" (?) I am struck with the importance and pride he places on, and takes in, his family; nieces, nephews, brothers, dad, etc. They seem to enjoy taking trips in nature together.

I am in NO way minimizing his guilt in this horrific crime...but I get a feeling that he got caught up way over his head in the drug culture, made some incredibly WRONG choices, and now will have to live with the consequences for the rest of his life!

I think it's very clear that DP got in over his head.. I was very surprised to see that he was the one behind all of this. I have met him before and he seemed very courteous and friendly... but drugs can make people do bad things.

On the wesh mobile website there is a new article where they spoke to his girlfriend, Lisa, who he went up to visit with once a month. Will try to link it..

http://wap.wesh.com/wap/news/text.j...1&ith=0&title=Local+News&headtitle=Local+News
From the same article
I don't know because we had plans to go out to eat," said Lisa. "An hour after he left, one phone got shut off and about an hour and a half later, the other phone got shut off and they've been shut off ever since."
I'm guessing he had 2 cell phones?? Why

(I used to work in the ER, and know this scam well)

In our little town's paper, EVERY SINGLE DAY is a report of someone claiming their pain medication has been stolen. Or they come to the ER claiming their medication fell in the toilet / sink / bathtub and they need a replacement script.

But I gotta tell you - Vicodin is the most common pill in these schemes - how in the heck are these people not constipated into oblivion? Seriously.

I work at an Urgent Care facility. It really is amazing the people that come in and the stories/ailments they have, back pain is the most popular. I usually alert the staff that a potential "drug seeker" is signing in. They get so pissed off when they don't leave with the script they want,lol.
Also worth noting, especially in light of the Whitney Houston death, we do have the ability to check a database to see what kind of prescriptions and when these people have gotten previously.The printouts are incredible. we have had reports come in that only a day or two before the "patient" filled a script for a painkiller. It really is a great tool, but they need to be linked up throughout the 50 states. Currently, we can only access our state. If this can only be mandated, it would surely help control how much of these drugs wind up on the street. Of course where there's a will there's a way, but still we need to address this growing problem.

I work at an Urgent Care facility. It really is amazing the people that come in and the stories/ailments they have, back pain is the most popular. I usually alert the staff that a potential "drug seeker" is signing in. They get so pissed off when they don't leave with the script they want,lol.
Also worth noting, especially in light of the Whitney Houston death, we do have the ability to check a database to see what kind of prescriptions and when these people have gotten previously.The printouts are incredible. we have had reports come in that only a day or two before the "patient" filled a script for a painkiller. It really is a great tool, but they need to be linked up throughout the 50 states. Currently, we can only access our state. If this can only be mandated, it would surely help control how much of these drugs wind up on the street. Of course where there's a will there's a way, but still we need to address this growing problem.

YES - the national data base is sooooo needed. To their credit, our local ER docs are good about confronting these people and denying the drug seekers. You folks who do not work in healthcare have no idea how big a problem this is. It's unreal.

I currently live in FL and the pill mills are just another Starbucks around here. When will we wake up and acknowledge that we are having babies addicted to these pills and realize that we need hold the doctors responsible.

"The number of pain pills sold by doctors dropped 97 percent from 2010 to 2011, as a new law took effect that bans doctors from dispensing oxycodone from their offices."

Florida accounts for 89 percent of all the Oxycodone sold nationwide last year

http://www.flpdmpfoundation.com/2012/02/13/guest-article-fight-prescription-drug-abuse/

I think it's very clear that DP got in over his head.. I was very surprised to see that he was the one behind all of this. I have met him before and he seemed very courteous and friendly... but drugs can make people do bad things.

Wow, Queen_City!

I didn't realize you are an insider!

Thank you for sharing with us on WS!

So you have MET DP...?

Your state-wide database sounds like a terrific step forward!

I am glad to see there is an arrest although not surprised.I wonder if DP's dad made him confess.Now they just need to find Jerry's body.Getting involved with drugs is a bad road to tread.All for the love of making that money.A very sad ending.

I will have to say the reporters are mighty brazen.Walking up on a mans property and asking them a ton of questions in a middle of an investigation.

We've got the databases here in Tennessee that give all controlled substances filled under the patients SSN.. Problem is 99% of the dr offices do not bother using this ..

As for the constipation i have got to imagine these addicts suffer from some extreme.constipation! For many years prior to the leaps and bounds thatve been made re:endometriosis I was stuck taking hydrocodone(Lortab/Vicodin) and oxyxodone(Percocet, Roxicet, and the hillbilly heroin, Oxycontin) and during those years of misery I can personally attest to some major constipation:sick:

So for opiate based meds being used in extremely high doses for extremely long periods of time...well i just cannot even imagine those stopped up poopy problems..

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...-firefighters-disappearance-now-a-murder.html

"“We unfortunately believe that Perdomo has been killed and most likely in Waldo County," said Steve McCausland, a spokesman for Maine's Dept. of Public Safety."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...ing-missing-firefighter-from-orange-city.html

"Investigators have yet to say how Perdomo was killed or why. McCausland told the Bangor Daily News police believe Perdomo was killed in Jackson.

"I'm not getting into specifics," the state police spokesman told the Bangor Daily News. "Specifics in this case will most likely be detailed in court documents that will be available tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday."

Maine State Police are looking into reports that Perdomo was "running pills" to Maine from Florida, said Maine Lt. Christopher Coleman."

Groan...

Is that a smile in that mugshot??? Really?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back